PDA

View Full Version : What last-minute tax-free foreign purchases have you made?

griffin
29th June 2018, 09:42 PM
Tomorrow is the last day we can buy things from overseas and not be charged GST... so what sort of things (and from where) have you bought in the last few weeks to beat the tax?
(you can mention non-TFs, but try to include something TF related)

For me, I did the rounds at a few of my regular sources... some probably for the last time.

Amazon America (3rd party sellers) - Studio Series Thundercracker, TR Ramhorn, Hero Mashers RID Optimus.

Universal Studios online store - Cyber Battalion Starscream, Universal exclusive Snarl.

HLJ - SWTF Millenium Falcon, JP Legends Overlord.

OhMyPrimus - JP Legends Greatshot

TakaraTomyMall (through WhiteRabbitExpress shipping forwarder) - JP Movie Laserbeak (pink Bumblebee)

I still want to do a last look over Amazon and Ebay tomorrow... but that will probably be it.

Paulbot
29th June 2018, 10:37 PM
I ordered an upcoming volume of Lost Light and the next TF IDW Collection volume (and a bunch of upcoming X-Men collections) from Bookdepository. Might have a look on ebay now.

ZoonMaster5000
29th June 2018, 10:52 PM
Mp-711, Mp-10r bape red camo from japan yahoo auctions and Mp-14c from bbts.
Was really hoping to wait a bit longer but if the gst is added I wouldn’t have been able to afford it.

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2018, 08:04 AM
*A few Transformers from BBTS
*A bunch of books from thebookdepository
*A bunch of cosplay stuff from eBay

Yeah - action figures, books and RP costumes - I’m not a geek at all eh :p:o

FatalityPitt
30th June 2018, 09:42 AM
From overseas sellers (via eBay) were:

- Combiner Wars Leader Megatron
- MS-01 Assault Soldiers by Make Fans Toys (A third party G1 Springer)
- A copy of "12 Rules for Life" by Jordan Peterson

List may expand later on today.

swoop
30th June 2018, 09:50 AM
Masterpiece Dirge
TLK scorn and nitro zero
POTP deluxe wave 2
POTP voyager wave 2
POTP legends wave 2 and 3
TLK infernicus
TLK exclusive deluxe Megatron and skullitron

Plus a bunch of marvel legends, Star Wars black series and S.H figuarts.

I’ll probably spend the afternoon on eBay picking up some more stuff

dirge
30th June 2018, 11:29 AM
Caution, meet the wind. I just bit the bullet on MP Dirge from BBTS. I figured it's now or never.

With my (1 item - Wave 3 POTP Scouts) pile of loot chucked in the parcel.

Handsprime
30th June 2018, 12:41 PM
After receiving Magnus Prime off Seraphim Prime today, my last-minute tax-free foreign purchase is God Bomber.

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th June 2018, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I grabbed a few things, partially due to good sales and partially due to a certain sense of **** You Gerry Harvey & Friends.

Maketoys Quantron set (~70% off clearance sale) and MMC Anarchus - had been after both for quite a while.
Steam games - Bayonetta for PC (also ~70% off) and the now-very-old Jedi Academy (60% sale) which I really enjoyed back in the day. I'm playing through Jedi Academy now and it's as fun as I remember.

DELTAprime
30th June 2018, 01:22 PM
I didn't order any Transformers, but I grabbed this years birthday and Xmas presents for my Mum from Amazon US a few days ago.

BruiseLee
30th June 2018, 03:29 PM
Not an official TF but finally pulled the trigger on the 3rd party Leonidas Origins (not Lio Convoy) from eBay.

Also quickly shipped everything in my HLJ private warehouse earlier this week. Some large items in there from their sale right now but mostly being:

1/9 scale Hulkbuster action vignette
1/9 scale Iron Man Igor action vignette

Came in a massive box yesterday! Amazingly fast delivery as usual.

Rodimus Cron
30th June 2018, 06:55 PM
POTP Blast Off & POTP Wreck-Gar, both from Robot Kingdom. Wasn't gonna miss out on Blast Off :)

Raptormesh
30th June 2018, 08:58 PM
Not really TF related but I picked up trackhat and a fairly decent HOTAS set for my flight sim rig. Just returned from a shopping trip in Japan so nothing much from there.

griffin
30th June 2018, 09:37 PM
ohmyprimus just got POTP Predaking in stock... so with about 2 hours to spare, another last minute tax-free purchase.
It ended up being AU$280 with shipping, and if we get it here, I would expect $300-350, as Trypticon was $298 at BigW (on sale for $248), which means at least that for Predaking.
It was worth the risk, as we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2018, 10:29 PM
we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.

Apparently Target in the US will be getting Predaking so hopefully that ends up happening here too

Galvatran
30th June 2018, 10:35 PM
Hope Myer gets PotP Predaking... then pick one up at clearance... in a minty box.

dirge
30th June 2018, 10:45 PM
ohmyprimus just got POTP Predaking in stock... so with about 2 hours to spare, another last minute tax-free purchase.
It ended up being AU$280 with shipping, and if we get it here, I would expect $300-350, as Trypticon was $298 at BigW (on sale for $248), which means at least that for Predaking.
It was worth the risk, as we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've grabbed the set! I do agree about the risk, too.

Between Predaking & MP Dirge, this has been an expensive deadline.

Trent
30th June 2018, 10:58 PM

During this years toy sale BigW has Trypticon for $200.

M-bot
1st July 2018, 09:21 AM
Caution, meet the wind. I just bit the bullet on MP Dirge from BBTS. I figured it's now or never.

With my (1 item - Wave 3 POTP Scouts) pile of loot chucked in the parcel.

An MP Dirge for me too, also from BBTS - although I piggy-backed another members POL.

UltraMarginal
17th July 2018, 06:29 PM
I went a bit nuts, you might recall me asking about volumes of trade paperbacks, a while ago.
I figured out that in order to catch up and also pre-order the next several months worth of IDW transformers trades, I could save over $300 shopping through the book depository than locally. I saved another $50 by buying prior to the GST coming in.

I also bought the latest Stan Bush album that was released last year, I added a couple others from his back catalogue at the same time.

I ordered some patent prints from eBay as well, a couple for me and some for my dads birthday.

I think that's about it.