PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Dirge & Thrust are on the way!

Pulse
30th October 2008, 02:57 PM
Sweet! (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/japan-to-get-remolded-henkei-dirge-and-thrust/14338/) :)

I can't tell if Thrust is the same mould as the Botcon one but Dirge definitely has new wings in the silhouette

Paulbot
30th October 2008, 03:00 PM
Well why don't I just flush all my money down the toilet then.

kinda glad others can get these but still I paid $400 for these two jets :mad:

Gutsman Heavy
30th October 2008, 03:16 PM
joy!

hungta
30th October 2008, 03:18 PM
:eek: cool!

jacksplatt11
30th October 2008, 03:19 PM
Sweet can't wait to get them... I kinda feel sorry for all those who spent big bucks on the Botcon sets though... kinda :rolleyes:

i_amtrunks
30th October 2008, 03:33 PM
Man the US based sites are gonna bull full of the whinging again!

I'd be interested in these figures, but I have a feeling that because of the $AU they will be far out of my price range!

swoop
30th October 2008, 03:34 PM
Woohoo I wont be paying $400 for thrust now, this is the best news I've had all week:D I'm glad I did'nt get them earlier in the year like I had planned

sifun
30th October 2008, 03:34 PM
lol somone should have sold their botcon set earlier.

Zippo
30th October 2008, 04:06 PM
Joy!! Can't wait for these to arrive .. and for pre orders to open up so I can get.

Also means that the Botcon version may not be so expensive and I can also get that version as well. Only managed to get a Dirge during Botcon

Robzy
30th October 2008, 04:13 PM
AWESOME!!!! Once we got Thundercracker I knew this would happen! :o

Okay... where's the group order thread for these babies?....

llamatron
30th October 2008, 04:18 PM
SWEET

Will be getting these for sure (now I'll have to find a Thundercracker, gah).

TheDirtyDigger
30th October 2008, 04:19 PM
Thrust looks to have a different wing mould to the Botcon one.

Adzma
30th October 2008, 04:38 PM
Sweet, now I just need to grab a Ramjet. :p

EDIT: Well that's been taken care of. Our dollar makes me sad. :(

Firecracker
30th October 2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, honestly didn't think this would happen.:eek: The fandom is gonna go bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

DigDug
30th October 2008, 05:05 PM
Sweet, now I just need to grab a Ramjet. :p

EDIT: Well that's been taken care of. Our dollar makes me sad. :(

I feel your pain... but Christmas has come early this year (along with the cost)!

Now about the Thrust/Dirge group order :D

hound
30th October 2008, 05:32 PM
Where are you ... NSW group order thread???

roller
30th October 2008, 05:35 PM
hooray!!! Take that! botcon organisers!!! try and deprive me of well known figures huh?!!! Now whos laughing?! Huh? Now.Who's.Laughing?!!!!!!

Well i forked out $60 ish for Henkei Thundercracker, i suppose i can dip into my Super again to buy another 2 toys.

Next up will be Henkei Alpha trion and weirdwolf i hope

Burn
30th October 2008, 06:10 PM
The fandom is gonna go bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

As opposed to what they were before? :p

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm glad they're doing this. Every fan deserves the opportunity to complete the G1 Decepticon Jets in their Classics collection. BotCon released Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker because Hasbro had previously announced that they wouldn't do them... having them as convention exclusives suck because these are toys that fans desperately want to get to compliment their Classics Starscream, Skywarp and Ramjet, but it beat not having them at all. Now it seems that we may see them available again through Henkei, which will give those of us who missed out on the BotCon set having another chance at getting them.

Firecracker
30th October 2008, 07:55 PM
As opposed to what they were before? :p

Touché. :p I predict TFW to go ape very soon...

Golden Phoenix
30th October 2008, 08:02 PM
hooray!!! Take that! botcon organisers!!! try and deprive me of well known figures huh?!!! Now whos laughing?! Huh? Now.Who's.Laughing?!!!!!!

Takara

kup
30th October 2008, 08:05 PM
That Dirge with accurate wings has my full attention!

Damn! My poor Botcons :(

oh well, I am happy that others are able to enjoy them too but it must really cross the fans that went the extra mile for the Botcon seekers and I am lucky as I didn't have to pay US$250-$300 for each!

Pulse
30th October 2008, 08:13 PM
Well why don't I just flush all my money down the toilet then.

Here you go...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Cybertron/shitroundbymike.jpg :D

But man, watch the Regular Release/Botcon Seekers thing flare up again bigtime... :rolleyes:

kup
30th October 2008, 08:17 PM
Here you go...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Cybertron/shitroundbymike.jpg :D

But man, watch the Regular Release/Botcon Seekers thing flare up again bigtime... :rolleyes:

After this the Botcon seekers are going to devalue considerably but after a while these Henkei seekers will increase in price in the after market and so will the Botcon ones until they both level out. However I suspect that Dirge with the remolded wings will certainly over take Botcon Dirge in demand and will always be more expensive.

Poor Dirge...*cries*

MV75
30th October 2008, 08:25 PM
Mu-hahahaha.

I probably still won't get them though. I'll stick with the originals, (g1). I got classics starscream and skywarp, that'll do there.

I'd enjoy an encore dirge/thrust much more, and ramjet. We'd have all of those then. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th October 2008, 09:11 PM
It looks like they are both different to their botcon counterparts. Thrust seems to have a more "thigh" attached look to his wings and Dirge has got little pointy wings from the front. Dammit one of those store made me buy other stuff to get the exclusive. Here we go again.......

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2008, 10:50 PM
MV75: Why didn't you get the Hasbro Dirge reissue? I usually pay out most Hasbro reissues but I must admit that their reissue of Dirge was pretty good... mostly because there was nothing in it for them to screw up since Dirge never had any chrome or spring-loaded missiles. My reissue Dirge is a Commemorative Series.

btw, these toys are going to be limited exclusives. :( *sigh* Why won't HasTak give them to us as regular store releases?

FFN
30th October 2008, 10:58 PM
That Dirge with accurate wings has my full attention!

Damn! My poor Botcons :(

oh well, I am happy that others are able to enjoy them too but it must really cross the fans that went the extra mile for the Botcon seekers and I am lucky as I didn't have to pay US$250-$300 for each! Instead we'll be paying about $100AUD each (factoring in markup and shipping) because of how bad the dollar is doing :( :( :(

kup
30th October 2008, 10:58 PM
MV75: Why didn't you get the Hasbro Dirge reissue? I usually pay out most Hasbro reissues but I must admit that their reissue of Dirge was pretty good... mostly because there was nothing in it for them to screw up since Dirge never had any chrome or spring-loaded missiles. My reissue Dirge is a Commemorative Series.

Overall the commemorative series were pretty good in the sense that they didn't use cheap parts and paint. They only cheapened out in the chrome and by upsizing the weapons for some stupid idea that they could sell the reissues to children.

For example all the seekers aside form the elongated missiles are of superb quality.

MV75
30th October 2008, 11:16 PM

btw, these toys are going to be limited exclusives. :( *sigh* Why won't HasTak give them to us as regular store releases?

Actually, I do have it. :)

One and only commemorative jet I got.

All I technically need in the g1 style is ramjet and thrust as I have the ~2000 (whenever, I can't recall exactly), takara starscream and encore skywarp/thundercracker.

FFN
31st October 2008, 12:02 AM
Overall the commemorative series were pretty good in the sense that they didn't use cheap parts and paint. They only cheapened out in the chrome and by upsizing the weapons for some stupid idea that they could sell the reissues to children.

For example all the seekers aside form the elongated missiles are of superb quality. From what I recall, originally the reissues were not destined for TRU, but for other retailers like Walmart, who eventually rejected the line, possibly due to the sales-limiting 'Adult Collectible' disclaimer. Like it or not, retailers are less likely to stock collector-type toys if you flog it to the retailer as a collector's item.

Even so, I also believe toy laws apply across the board, so you can't have firing missiles that are too small by the standards of modern toy safety just because your product is meant for adult collectors, but I may be wrong.

kup
31st October 2008, 12:05 AM
They could have always taken out the spring like they have done in the past.

heroic_decepticon
31st October 2008, 12:21 AM
oh, this is so sweet :D:D:D

(and I was silently kicking myself for not getting the BotCon set all this time... and the only reason I didn't get was because it was such a hassle filling up their stupid form)

Thanatos
31st October 2008, 12:51 AM
YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!

I'm so happy with this :D

kurdt_the_goat
31st October 2008, 01:35 AM
Can someone shed some light on what they're trying to do with the Thrust retool? The wings are upside down and the turbines in the wrong spots... i would have settled for just a repaint thanks! Dirge looks nice, but what was stopping them having the wings up like G1?

Robzy
31st October 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm sure more pics will surface in the next week or so :)

Zippo
31st October 2008, 07:35 PM
BBTS have their preorders up - $165US for the set
They wanted $130US for the set of Thundercracker and Skywarp.

jaydisc
1st November 2008, 02:58 AM

Scalpers! :D

FFN
1st November 2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not really happy about this at all. I'm preparing to build a new system...... and then the dollar goes down the drain......... and then this comes. Essentially, this (and Thundercracker) are impulse buys for a obsessive-compulsive collector, because I don't even like the Classics seeker mold :(

Pulse
1st November 2008, 01:15 PM

Hopefully BBTS will buy a boatload of these, won't move them, they'll contribute to an overflowing warehouse (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/content.aspx?content=18) which ultimately = great bargains for us! :D

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2008, 01:30 PM
I'm not really happy about this at all. I'm preparing to build a new system...... and then the dollar goes down the drain......... and then this comes. Essentially, this (and Thundercracker) are impulse buys for a obsessive-compulsive collector, because I don't even like the Classics seeker mold
...so... don't buy them? I've don't have the BotCon Seekers but I've seen then and I quite like them but I'm not willing to pay after-convention prices for them. A Henkei set would offer me a more affordable option... hopefully. If they get too pricey I'll bail. They're nice but they're not that nice. :p

Tober
1st November 2008, 02:12 PM
We haven't ween what they really look like yet either. Those silouettes look very weird to me, especially Thrust.:confused:

FFN
1st November 2008, 05:38 PM
Takara can be trusted to make things look good, though.

...so... don't buy them? I've don't have the BotCon Seekers but I've seen then and I quite like them but I'm not willing to pay after-convention prices for them. A Henkei set would offer me a more affordable option... hopefully. If they get too pricey I'll bail. They're nice but they're not that nice. :p I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.

I would be happier if Tomy had announced this sometime next year.

dirge
1st November 2008, 10:47 PM
I doubt I'll get these. I have BotCon Dirge & Thrust, and didn't pay through the nose for them. They do look nice, but for $100+ (more than I paid per BotCon seeker), I'm not interested.

I _am_ glad that this will make Classics/Henkei Dirge & Thrust more accessable to others, however.

heroic_decepticon
1st November 2008, 11:25 PM
These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases... Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later...

I think so too. I'll probably get them unless Takara does something really horrible to them. I'm a great fan of the classics/henkei line.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd November 2008, 12:19 AM
Can someone shed some light on what they're trying to do with the Thrust retool? The wings are upside down and the turbines in the wrong spots... i would have settled for just a repaint thanks! Dirge looks nice, but what was stopping them having the wings up like G1?
I would like to have another look, but this computer isn't loading the page. From my first impression, I gathered they were going for a look that Thrust has the wings coming off his thighs. Didn't Dirge have leg wings anyway?

In the BBTS letter they claimed the store was charging more. I dunno how true that is though. This computer I am on at the moment won't load the page.

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2008, 11:56 PM
I don't have much of a choice do I?
But you said that you don't even like the Classics Seekers mould... if that's the case then why buy more of them? For the characters? (if so, then yeah, your choices are limited :/)

STL
3rd November 2008, 12:02 AM
But you said that you don't even like the Classics Seekers mould... if that's the case then why buy more of them? For the characters? (if so, then yeah, your choices are limited :/)

Gok, FFN explained that part already:

I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.

FFN
3rd November 2008, 12:32 AM
Well, sorta the characters. Ramjet I obviously already have from Classics. Ramjet was probably my first Transformers toy as a kid. Since I already have the other three seekers, I need the remaining two coneheads to finish up the group. Thrust was my favourite conehead design due to his VTOL wings. Dirge dies alot (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dirge_(G1)), so how could you not like that?!?

Ramjet likes toast.

In the BBTS letter they claimed the store was charging more. I dunno how true that is though. This computer I am on at the moment won't load the page. Ganbo and the other store are only charging 300 yen or so more than TC and SK, I think.

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2008, 12:35 AM
...umm... that doesn't seem to explain to me why he wants to buy them despite afore mentioning that he dislikes the Classics/Henkei Seeker mould. I understand that this is the opportunity to get Henkei Dirge and Thrust if you actually want these toys. But... why would someone want them if they don't... like them. Is there something I'm not getting?

It's way past my bedtime... maybe it'll make more sense in the morning. :p *off to sleep*

STL
3rd November 2008, 12:36 AM
Ganbo and the other store are only charging 300 or so yen more.

Which on the cross rates is closer to $4. But hey, we all know about BBTS exorbitant prices, right?

FFN
3rd November 2008, 12:43 AM
Good service, though. Good service costs money - look at the PC hardware retailers.

Adzma
3rd November 2008, 08:13 AM
Good service, though. Good service costs money - look at the PC hardware retailers.
Reminds me of MSY. They have really cheap prices but their customer service is non-existant.

Paulbot
3rd November 2008, 09:14 AM
I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.

This is why I'm getting the Henkei ones too, because of the limited-window, even though I'm not sure I need them.

Golden Phoenix
3rd November 2008, 11:24 AM
...umm... that doesn't seem to explain to me why he wants to buy them despite afore mentioning that he dislikes the Classics/Henkei Seeker mould. I understand that this is the opportunity to get Henkei Dirge and Thrust if you actually want these toys. But... why would someone want them if they don't... like them. Is there something I'm not getting?

He likes the characters, so he wants to get them for that.
Or he might be afraid that he will warm up to the mould and start to love it, so if that happens he will have to pay through the teeth for them, so if he does it now, he won't pay as much (supposedly). Should he start to like it, great, he saved some money, if he doesn't, and he really doesn't like them, then he could probably sell them.

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I can understand collecting toys for the characters even if you may not necessarily like the toy. That's my view toward Animated! :p

kup
3rd November 2008, 12:32 PM
I am a character collector so I have lots of toys which technically suck but I love due to the characer.

...However when I think about it; the rule on that is changing a bit as I have picked up bad toys with no characterisation that for some reason 'sung' to me (eg Quickswitch). I also picked up lots of characters that I did not care about or had very little to no characterisation mainly because I had already completed all the figures that I wanted from that line (Beast Wars non show characters). However for lines which I have completed by character such as Beast Wars I only buy the other toys when the opportunity arises and are cheap, I don't actively seek them out.

FFN
4th November 2008, 07:02 AM
I really hope these aren't busted arse like Henkei Thundercracker.

Reminds me of MSY. They have really cheap prices but their customer service is non-existant. Meanwhile this year alone good stores like Secretnet, Pluscorp and Nintek have gone down the tubes.

kup
4th November 2008, 09:31 AM
I really hope these aren't busted arse like Henkei Thundercracker.

Meanwhile this year alone good stores like Secretnet, Pluscorp and Nintek have gone down the tubes.

I have also noticed Acidstorm having fairly loose peg holes compared to the original Starscream release. I am convinced that this due to gradual mold deterioration due to excesive use.

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2008, 12:29 PM
My Acid Storm's joints are a little bit floppy... but not too bad. I don't have any major issue with weapons looseness on my Acid Storm or Skywarp either - just Thundercracker. *shrug*

kup
4th November 2008, 02:25 PM
My Acid Storm's joints are a little bit floppy... but not too bad. I don't have any major issue with weapons looseness on my Acid Storm or Skywarp either - just Thundercracker. *shrug*

That's what I mean; every subsequent release of the mold seems to suffer from looser and looser weapons.

I believe that the Henkei seekers were made with the older copy of the mold (Classics Starscream) which is now the most deteriorated.

I bet Ramjet's mold set and the new cone head seekers will be just fine because they are newer mold recasts.

However I am in agreement that TakTom should have picked up on that flaw before releasing very expensive exclusives. Poor form there.