PDA

View Full Version : Jin Saotome's "Transformers fan-request week"

jaydisc
21st January 2008, 11:45 PM
Classics Jetfire (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230215040718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013)

Movie Primus (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230215043596&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013)

Landmine GI Joe AWE Striker (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230215046778&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013)

Classics Galvatron (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330205859082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014)

Jetfire's my favorite.

liegeprime
22nd January 2008, 12:13 AM
That Jetfire enhancements paint sure is awesome. I like Galvatron as well. Real cool!

STL
22nd January 2008, 12:24 AM
I'm actually pretty disappointed with most of them. Galvatron is still the same mould he used last time which isn;t too hard. But he's out of scale which is the killer part to it not being Classics in my mind.

His Jetfire is the best and I like the extra detailing but the redhood doesn't do it for me. Just seems out of place. Nice as a variant, mind you but I like original jetfire's colour scheme 200% better. Like those extra cannonsthough. He's used an earth magnet to attach those.

iceburn
22nd January 2008, 12:27 AM
I think there was an improvement made to his previous Galvatron or at least compared to someone else's. It's definitely better looking...

Soundwarp
22nd January 2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, nice stuff

i_amtrunks
22nd January 2008, 10:58 AM
Jetfire looks awesome, a blackwash does wonders for him.

Landmine looks kinda off, especially in alt mode.

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 11:07 AM
what mould did that Primus come from?

jaydisc
22nd January 2008, 11:17 AM
Pretty sure that's the same mold he used for his Unicron which should be detailed on his website. It's not a TF mold if I'm not mistaken.

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 11:37 AM
hmmm found the unicron link -> http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/Unicron.html

hmmmm... this is going to be debatable in the UCM since the original form is not even a "Transformer" as such

liegeprime
23rd January 2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmmm Unicorn and Primus looks more like Devil Imps/ goblins than Transformers robots...:D Creepy but nice!

1orion2many
25th January 2008, 11:12 PM
:)The bottom half of Movie Primus looks like Movie Leader Optimus's.;)

STL
1st February 2008, 12:47 PM
Did anyone have a look at those final prices the items went for? Geez..

Saintly
1st February 2008, 12:56 PM
you make a good buck at customs.... i'd say at least 3-4folds

jaydisc
1st February 2008, 01:02 PM
I disagree. There is a massive up front investment to have the parts and supplies you need, and that's before you even factor in labor costs.

Saintly
1st February 2008, 01:10 PM
I disagree. There is a massive up front investment to have the parts and supplies you need, and that's before you even factor in labor costs.

Though that is true, which I guess customisers can demand the money.

Thoughts, Stencilator?

Adzma
1st February 2008, 01:24 PM
I do like his Galvatron, but I think his previous version was much better, with the exception of his arm cannon. Jin Saotome's a great kit-basher.

stencilator
1st February 2008, 03:18 PM
Though that is true, which I guess customisers can demand the money.

Thoughts, Stencilator?

It does cost a lot to create some customs. You have to remember that a lot of customs require parts from different figures, meaning that you may have to buy 2 or 3 different figures just to make one custom. Plus if you paint the way I do, you go through a lot of paint... and quality paint aint cheap either. Even for small figures I would normally use an entire can of spray paint (about $11-12) and then a range of other colours for details. You need to stock hundreds of dollars worth of paint colours just to have a basic range and then be smart about the parts used. That's why I do a lot of resculpting heads and repaints.... saves me destroying perfectly good toys just for their heads.

To give you an idea of the cost if you wanted to create a custom from scatch... lets say Jin Saotome's Movie Prowl (look it up people)... in very round figures.

1 X BB08 = $25.00
1 X High Score = $15.00
1 X White Spray Paint = $10.00
1 X Black Spray Paint = $10.00
1 X White Paint = $3.00
1 X Black Paint = $3.00
1 X Blue Paint = $3.00
1 X Red Paint = $3.00
1 X Silver Paint = $3.00
1 X Grey Paint = $3.00
1 X Cheap police toy for the light bar = $3.00
Decals = $4.00

That's $85 just for materials and I haven't allowed for the clear colours for the headlights.

A lot of the customs I have sold only really cover the cost of the figures and materials used (if that) and don't allow for the time spent creating.... 'cause I do it for the love.

All that being said, I'm sure many of you have paid great amounts of money for a rare transformer... and they don't come rarer than a hand painted custom.

Saintly
1st February 2008, 03:57 PM
It does cost a lot to create some customs. You have to remember that a lot of customs require parts from different figures, meaning that you may have to buy 2 or 3 different figures just to make one custom. Plus if you paint the way I do, you go through a lot of paint... and quality paint aint cheap either. Even for small figures I would normally use an entire can of spray paint (about $11-12) and then a range of other colours for details. You need to stock hundreds of dollars worth of paint colours just to have a basic range and then be smart about the parts used. That's why I do a lot of resculpting heads and repaints.... saves me destroying perfectly good toys just for their heads.

To give you an idea of the cost if you wanted to create a custom from scatch... lets say Jin Saotome's Movie Prowl (look it up people)... in very round figures.

1 X BB08 = $25.00
1 X High Score = $15.00
1 X White Spray Paint = $10.00
1 X Black Spray Paint = $10.00
1 X White Paint = $3.00
1 X Black Paint = $3.00
1 X Blue Paint = $3.00
1 X Red Paint = $3.00
1 X Silver Paint = $3.00
1 X Grey Paint = $3.00
1 X Cheap police toy for the light bar = $3.00
Decals = $4.00

That's $85 just for materials and I haven't allowed for the clear colours for the headlights.

A lot of the customs I have sold only really cover the cost of the figures and materials used (if that) and don't allow for the time spent creating.... 'cause I do it for the love.

All that being said, I'm sure many of you have paid great amounts of money for a rare transformer... and they don't come rarer than a hand painted custom.

wow.. that's an extensive insights, stencilator! it certainly puts in perspective why such a customs cost a pretty penny

stencilator
1st February 2008, 04:06 PM
wow.. that's an extensive insights, stencilator! it certainly puts in perspective why such a customs cost a pretty penny

I like ranting....

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 10:37 PM
wow i luv jetfire , luv it when its so G1 alike!