PDA

View Full Version : Myer Toy Sale - Nov.1 - Nov.23

Stompy
30th October 2008, 08:11 PM
Not really a very good sale in regards to Transformers:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Animated Activators: $14.95 (was $20 - Starscream pictured)
Animated Quickshift Handheld game: $29.95 (was $40)

Universe Deluxe: $24.95 (was $30 - Prowl & Sunstreaker pictured)
Universe Voyagers: $39.95 (was $50 - Blaster pictured)
Universe Ultra's: $49.95 (was $70 - Silverbolt pictured)

Ultimate Bumblebee: $99 (was $150)

Star Wars Transformers: $24.95 (was $35 - Anakin and Obi Wan pictured)

It takes a sale to get Myer to do regular rrp in their products that most other places have as their rrp.

Anyway the REAL savings come from the Lego's. Savings of over 20% in bold:

8632 Agents Mission 2: $24.95 (was $30)
8630 Agents Mission 3: $39.95 (was $50)
5522 Golden Anniversary Set: $29.95 (was $50)
8494 Racers Ring Of Fire: $29.95 (was $50)
8495 Racers Crosstown Craze: $49.95 (was $70)
8154 Racers Brick Street Customs: $79.95 (was $120)
7037 Castle Tower Raid: $39.95 (was $50)
7048 Castle Troll Warship: $79.95 (was $100)
4995 Creator Cargo Copter: $24.95 (was $35)
4993 Creator Cool Convertible: $49.95 (was $70)
4997 Creator Transport Ferry: $79.95 (was $120)

I highly reccomend the Cool Convertible for that price and I can finally grab Brick Street Customs for very cheap. Mel, is that Troll Warship cheap enough for you?

llamatron
30th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Not really a very good sale in regards to Transformers:

Animated Activators: $14.95 (was $20 - Starscream pictured)
Animated Quickshift Handheld game: $29.95 (was $40)

Universe Deluxe: $24.95 (was $30 - Prowl & Sunstreaker pictured)
Universe Voyagers: $39.95 (was $50 - Blaster pictured)
Universe Ultra's: $49.95 (was $70 - Silverbolt pictured)

Ultimate Bumblebee: $99 (was $150)

Star Wars Transformers: $24.95 (was $35 - Anakin and Obi Wan pictured)

It takes a sale to get Myer to do regular rrp in their products that most other places have as their rrp.

Anyway the REAL savings come from the Lego's. Savings of over 20% in bold:

8632 Agents Mission 2: $24.95 (was $30)
8630 Agents Mission 3: $39.95 (was $50)
5522 Golden Anniversary Set: $29.95 (was $50)
8494 Racers Ring Of Fire: $29.95 (was $50)
8495 Racers Crosstown Craze: $49.95 (was $70)
8154 Racers Brick Street Customs: $79.95 (was $120)
7037 Castle Tower Raid: $39.95 (was $50)
7048 Castle Troll Warship: $79.95 (was $80)
4995 Creator Cargo Copter: $24.95 (was $35)
4993 Creator Cool Convertible: $49.95 (was $70)
4997 Creator Transport Ferry: $79.95 (was $120)

I highly reccomend the Cool Convertible for that price and I can finally grab Brick Street Customs for very cheap. Mel, is that Troll Warship cheap enough for you?

Getting K-mart to price match these while their sale is on will result in epic win.

iceburn
30th October 2008, 10:01 PM
Getting K-mart to price match these while their sale is on will result in epic win.

you mean the Universe Voyagers right?

llamatron
30th October 2008, 10:21 PM
you mean the Universe Voyagers right?

Oh I was actually talking about the Lego as I think K-mart has 20% off at the same time. Being able to get the 4993 Creator Cool Convertible for about $40 sounds very tempting.

Golden Phoenix
31st October 2008, 08:32 AM
Tempting. I'll have to wait till I get paid though.
Although they disappoint me with their Transformer prices, they always make it up with their prices for Lego

JuzMel
31st October 2008, 10:23 AM
Mel, is that Troll Warship cheap enough for you?

Hmmm Stompy, Kmart had it for $69 the last time. So I think I'll wait for awhile more. Mum's here for a visit now and she doesn't complain about my TFs but for some funny reason she questioned me about my Lego. :(

Anyway if anyone has a Myer card, for every $75 spent on toys, you get $10 off too.

Pulse
31st October 2008, 01:35 PM
Mum's here for a visit now and she doesn't complain about my TFs but for some funny reason she questioned me about my Lego. :(

Eh, Don't worry about it :). Oldies always find something to complain about (It's a hobby of their's :D) & be like me - complaining passes through one ear & out the other :D

iceburn
31st October 2008, 01:47 PM
Mel, isn't that a DIRECT HINT from your mum just to collect Transformers!!!
down with LEGOsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sifun
31st October 2008, 02:13 PM

+1

autobreadticon
31st October 2008, 05:42 PM
"Anyway if anyone has a Myer card, for every $75 spent on toys, you get $10 off too."

Wow , never knew that, plus New universe Voyagers are at Myer

Golden Phoenix
31st October 2008, 09:59 PM
Anyway if anyone has a Myer card, for every $75 spent on toys, you get $10 off too.

I think that only applies to the Myer credit card thing they got, not the Myer One card.

iceburn
31st October 2008, 11:40 PM
Myer One cards...i've got the voucher here. I don't own any Myer Credit cards

Fungal Infection
1st November 2008, 04:28 PM
Does that mean if I have a Myer One card and present it when I buy $75 worth of loot I will automatically get a further $10 off or do they have to mail me a voucher of some sort for it to apply? I haven't received any stuff from them for yonks even though I have a card.

iceburn
1st November 2008, 05:46 PM
yeah i think you can, actually there are signs everywhere and that discount is till tomorrow. i've gone and made my purchases today...see acquisitions :P

JuzMel
9th November 2008, 06:30 PM
Mel, isn't that a DIRECT HINT from your mum just to collect Transformers!!!

+1

Actually... I am cutting down on Legos.. lets just put it this way, I'm starting to get a little tired off it. (runs and hides before the Lego fans come after me! :o) You build them and display and that's it. I only love the Castle and Agents series... But then the BF seems interested in the City range too. :rolleyes:

And yes, you don't need a Myer Credit card, just the normal Myer One card will get your the $10 off for every $75 spent. :)

Fungal Infection
9th November 2008, 08:21 PM
Actually, I've found my Lego interest is gradually increasing - its just the lack of items to buy thats holding me back. I've already got all the classic space sets I want, not to mention all the Mars Mission, Castle and Agents sets (except King's Castle Seige and Skeleton Ship Attack, the latter on its way) so now I'm just waiting for the 2009 sets. Meanwhile my transformer interest is still the same its just the lack of new items I actually want thats made my interest in Lego increase.

Golden Phoenix
9th November 2008, 08:21 PM
You build them and display and that's it.

The idea is to break them apart and build your own stuff too

jacksplatt11
9th November 2008, 08:33 PM
Actually... I am cutting down on Legos.. lets just put it this way, I'm starting to get a little tired off it. (runs and hides before the Lego fans come after me! :o) You build them and display and that's it.

Blasphemy.. Lego is the ultimate toy (after TFs of course), you can never get bored of it.. You take all the sets you have, take them apart, and make anything you want... The only limitation on your own designs is your imagination.. Oh, and if you don't have a certain piece, but that's why you buy more :D

Golden Phoenix
9th November 2008, 08:58 PM
Oh, and if you don't have a certain piece, but that's why you buy more :D

I think that is part of the fun of it: Having to make do with what you have.
It make you be creative with the way you build

SilverDragon
9th November 2008, 09:33 PM
I don't see it as much of a sale-those are retail prices everywhere else! :p

Pulse
9th November 2008, 11:36 PM
The idea is to break them apart and build your own stuff too

I used to do that when I was a kid (I had containers & containers full of lego :D) and then being young & dumb - I used my teeth to pull the pieces of lego apart when they refused to budge... :o (& then the lego wouldn't fit together properly anymore... :o)

canofwhoopass_87
9th November 2008, 11:53 PM
I used to do that when I was a kid (I had containers & containers full of lego :D) and then being young & dumb - I used my teeth to pull the pieces of lego apart when they refused to budge... :o (& then the lego wouldn't fit together properly anymore... :o)

Who DIDN'T use their teeth for this when they were a kid?

BTW, does someone wanna go barge into the annual meeting of the myers board of directors and tell them to QUIT putting price stickers on their toys? I managed to get the sticker off my universe blades box but the one on my galvatron package tore halfway! The residue! The leftover sticker.. NOOO! Looks fugly now. Not cool :mad::mad:

STL
10th November 2008, 12:58 AM
Who DIDN'T use their teeth for this when they were a kid?

BTW, does someone wanna go barge into the annual meeting of the myers board of directors and tell them to QUIT putting price stickers on their toys? I managed to get the sticker off my universe blades box but the one on my galvatron package tore halfway! The residue! The leftover sticker.. NOOO! Looks fugly now. Not cool :mad::mad:

A bit of nail polish remover should help to get it off. Just ask the missus. ;)

jaydisc
10th November 2008, 08:49 AM
I use lighter fluid. Works a treat. I can even re-purpose the sticker afterwards ;)

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 12:04 PM

I used to do that, but then I got a piece that did it for you
http://www.bricklink.com/PL/6007.jpg

jaydisc
10th November 2008, 04:07 PM
I used to do that, but then I got a piece that did it for you
http://www.bricklink.com/PL/6007.jpg

Is that like an official Lego separator? That's awesome!

kurdt_the_goat
10th November 2008, 04:23 PM
Looks that way! http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=630

And... Usage (http://www.philohome.com/remover/remover1.htm)

jacksplatt11
10th November 2008, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah I remember that piece, there was 2 in a set we had at primary school.. They were the bomb

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 05:51 PM
Is that like an official Lego separator? That's awesome!

Yeah, they have been around for ages. First one I got came with the original Mindstorm set

Stompy
10th November 2008, 06:58 PM
I always wondered how to use it. Now I realise I need two of them to remove 2 same small plates together. I only have one. thanks for the link!

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 10:03 PM
I always wondered how to use it. Now I realise I need two of them to remove 2 same small plates together. I only have one. thanks for the link!

That's where your teeth come in handy again....

STL
10th November 2008, 10:30 PM
That's where your teeth come in handy again....

:D

Any idea if any of this year's sets at retail have them? They look like gold!

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 10:49 PM
Any idea if any of this year's sets at retail have them? They look like gold!

Last one was supposedly released in this set (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4892-1) in 2006

Here (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6007&in=S&v=1&oV=Y) is a list of sets with it if you are interested, and if you really wanted one, they go pretty cheap on Bricklink (http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&invXrefID=5533&sz=10&searchSort=P)