PDA

View Full Version : ToysRUs Transformers at 40% off (at most stores)

UltraMarginal
19th July 2018, 05:10 PM
Today's email says 30 - 60%, so it looks like they are slowing down the discount on the stuff that's more likely to sell.

there are no specifics as to what is down to 60% off or what has stayed at 30% 0ff.

Edit by griffin...

As noted by some others, some stores are already closed, while some aren't at 40% yet... but most were from yesterday (July 19th).
(photo from Garden City store)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2018/072001.jpg

M-bot
19th July 2018, 06:04 PM
Assume there's another action figure discount today?

Frankston TRU up to 40% off but Fountain Gate still at 30%, with no explanation why the difference or when 40% might be implemented. Might be the difference between an in-centre store and a free standing store.

Galvatran
19th July 2018, 09:17 PM
They ought to garner more hype for their sales. A WWE Royal Rumble style comp for those championship belt gimmicks. I'd rock up for that.

speros
19th July 2018, 10:01 PM
Your lucky you got out of GST. The roaring dino drives me insain with the noise. Would not pay $7000 to bring that joy home :)

At Casula its only $5000. there was a 6ft ninja turtle at moore park that sold for only $1500 wish I knew I would have grabbed it.

Nice acquisition! I'm eyeing the Marvel one for my nephew.

I bought the same banner but says Transformers underneath from the Casula store! They said I have to wait for it to be released to pick it up though but well worth the wait.

Galvatran
19th July 2018, 10:11 PM
I bought the same banner but says Transformers underneath from the Casula store! They said I have to wait for it to be released to pick it up though but well worth the wait.
May I be rude & ask how much you paid for it?

Meister
20th July 2018, 10:36 AM
Just had a wonder in Shellharbour store

Action figures, Hotwheels, RC cars and Nerf are all 40% off
LEGO and Boardgames are 35% off

Just do some research before picking up any specific item as you may still be able to get it cheaper from a department store (I.e. Nerf Mega Cyclone Shock is ticketed at $42 at TRU which brings it down to $25, whilst you can pick it up at either Kmart or BigW for $19), LEGO with even the 35% discount seems to be comparable to current prices in some department stores.

Anyway I managed to pick myself up a Trypticon for $119; SS Blackout for $52 and SS Crowbar for $21

Staff wouldn’t say when the doors will be closing for good

dirge
20th July 2018, 11:54 AM
Just had a wonder in Shellharbour store

Anyway I managed to pick myself up a Trypticon for $119

Damn. Any more Trypticons there?

I'd happily drive down to collect from you if you could grab a second!

Meister
20th July 2018, 12:59 PM
Damn. Any more Trypticons there?

I'd happily drive down to collect from you if you could grab a second!

Sorry mate I dont think there is, there were only two on the floor when I went in this morning and I noticed a lady pick up the second one in her trolley shortly after I picked up one for myself. I’ll probably do another trip in on the weekend with the kids, if by any chance I come across another, I’ll grab it and let you know.

FYI - I think Myer have it going for $150 on their website

dirge
20th July 2018, 01:03 PM
Sorry mate I dont think there is, there were only two on the floor when I went in this morning and I noticed a lady pick up the second one in her trolley shortly after I picked up one for myself. I’ll probably do another trip in on the weekend with the kids, if by any chance I come across another, I’ll grab it and let you know.

FYI - I think Myer have it going for $150 on their website

No worries. I'll check Myer. Thanks!

speros
20th July 2018, 07:10 PM
May I be rude & ask how much you paid for it?

It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.

All the card board ones are around $25.

Galvatran
20th July 2018, 09:59 PM
It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.
Thanks mate.

Popped into my local TRU after work today. The Marvel banner I wanted was sold earlier today. But I got the other Marvel banner. $150 less 25% off. Sweeeet.

EDIT: I nearly took home the MLP banner... for my niece. Nearly...

Lego banners had the 'Not for sale' sign. Looks as though Lego doesn't want their displays in other people's hands.

Galvatran
20th July 2018, 10:27 PM
Strange. The TRU staff took the banner down & it went home with me.

Bladestorm
20th July 2018, 10:37 PM

All the card board ones are around $25.

I only paid $150 for mine (discount wasn't allowed to be applied as the money was going to the liquidators directly as opposed to being included in stock sales and had to be processed differently) and got a second panel (no Transformers on it but part of the display). The minute I said I would take it they took it down for me and gave me the whole thing poles and all! Only thing people couldn't take were the shelving that was still in use pretty much!

Interesting that different stores are charging differently...

speros
20th July 2018, 11:20 PM
I only paid $150 for mine (discount wasn't allowed to be applied as the money was going to the liquidators directly as opposed to being included in stock sales and had to be processed differently) and got a second panel (no Transformers on it but part of the display). The minute I said I would take it they took it down for me and gave me the whole thing poles and all! Only thing people couldn't take were the shelving that was still in use pretty much!

Interesting that different stores are charging differently...

Interesting I'll be calling them tomorrow and asking if I can pick it up since you guys managed to get yours. I guess different stores have different debt amounts to pay.

Some are giving the cards stuff away for free. I got a thomas the tank display card for my son for free.
I was told that each line of toys comes with a promotional
Display kit and alot of staff take them home at the time and its not just TRU its kmart target etc.

Galvatran
21st July 2018, 08:07 PM
TRU Werribee - Was told by a staffer the whole fixture & fittings of the store were spoken for by another company (Minus the Movie Prime statue which will be returned). So none for sale.

Shame, there were some nice Marvel banner & massive display boards.

DarkHyren
21st July 2018, 08:51 PM
TRU Parramatta and Penrith in NSW are still only doing 30% off action figures.
As for banners, well I didn't personally go to Penrith so couldnt say but I did go to Parramatta and only saw generic TRU banners, nothing Transformers, Marvel etc related.

jazzcomp
21st July 2018, 10:16 PM
TRU Castle Hill still at 30%

Galvatran
22nd July 2018, 02:32 PM
TRU Castle Hill still at 30%
Sounds like that store will be around for a little while more.

TRU Werribee (VIC) is 40% off toys, though nothing to show for it.

(400th post. Woot woot)

CHILENO20
22nd July 2018, 03:44 PM
TRU Werribee (VIC) is 40% off toys, though nothing to show for it.

Thanks for saving me the trip :)

(400th post. Woot woot)

Slowly creeping up :D

Firestorm
22nd July 2018, 07:53 PM
Toys R Us Highpoint is pretty cleaned out too. (Action figures are 30% off)
Well, except for TLK Hound
They have LOTS of TLK Hound...

Haven’t been able to track down a Studio Series Thundercracker yet. Hopefully I managed to snag one

CHILENO20
22nd July 2018, 08:35 PM
Haven’t been able to track down a Studio Series Thundercracker yet. Hopefully I managed to snag one

You missed out, they had 4 on Thursday :(

Firestorm
22nd July 2018, 08:50 PM

Darn..
will have to try another one this week

Galvatran
22nd July 2018, 10:17 PM
Had I known I would have picked one up for ya Firestorm.

Two on Friday evening.

----------------

EDIT: Is there gonna be a 50% off thread? :D
(not that there's many toys left)

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
23rd July 2018, 05:36 PM
Looks like the 40% off minimum should be official for all stores now:

http://link1.toysrus.com.au/u/gm.php?prm=KHTDEtzCCL_767614932_403226_324919

Paulbot
23rd July 2018, 06:15 PM
Last night I was looking at Google Maps figuring out how long it might take me to travel to a TRU that might have an MP Barricade. Then I saw how much I could just order one online and the TRU saving's still not worth it. Wish I had seen one in my travels over the weekend though, but I'm fine to miss it as I was already planning to.

Galvatran
23rd July 2018, 06:40 PM
Are they selling the security spider device? A momento to all the damaged once minty boxes.

jazzcomp
23rd July 2018, 10:38 PM
Are they selling the security spider device? A momento to all the damaged once minty boxes.
Yes, they are I think.

Meister
24th July 2018, 11:05 AM
No worries. I'll check Myer. Thanks!

Hey mate, just letting you know that I did another spin around the other day and unfortunately didn’t come across anymore Trypticons

philby
24th July 2018, 06:10 PM
Last night I was looking at Google Maps figuring out how long it might take me to travel to a TRU that might have an MP Barricade. Then I saw how much I could just order one online and the TRU saving's still not worth it. Wish I had seen one in my travels over the weekend though, but I'm fine to miss it as I was already planning to.

i saw some at chadstone on the weekend

Paulbot
24th July 2018, 07:38 PM
I was at Chadstone on Saturday night around 730 - didn't see any Barricades there. I'd seen a sole one there the week before.

Galvatran
24th July 2018, 07:57 PM
Going slightly off topic...

Looked up TRU store locator to see which stores are still open in VIC. There are 10 listed:
Chadstone
Doncaster
Fountain Gate
Frankston
Highpoint
Knox
Moorabbin
South Morang
Waurn Ponds
Werribee

Byebye Northland on the weekend.

dirge
24th July 2018, 09:59 PM
Hey mate, just letting you know that I did another spin around the other day and unfortunately didn’t come across anymore Trypticons

There was half a dozen at at Myer in the city. I grabbed one on Sunday! (:

Meister
24th July 2018, 10:39 PM
There was half a dozen at at Myer in the city. I grabbed one on Sunday! (:

Cool :), I think Myers price is a pretty decent deal (was planning on finally grabbing one from there before I happened to come across that one at TRU), went passed BigW on the weekend (was hoping to come across a left over Voltron set - no luck) and noticed they were still trying to push Trypticon for $200 plus (I think something like $240’or $260), needless to say, a whole bunch are still shelf warming at that price

Anyway TRU Shellharbour are still holding at 40%, still a fair few TF’s, mostly just wave 1 POTP, wave 1 SS, and some Last Knight figures. No MP’s or anything that can’t be found anywhere else

UltraMarginal
25th July 2018, 11:09 AM
That's amazing, the Big W stores I frequent, I don't think I even saw a Trypticon on their shelves. ever.