PDA

View Full Version : Big W 20% off all toys (2-15 Aug)

Convoid
2nd August 2018, 01:38 PM
https://imgur.com/ZVaQDAg.jpg

Excludes price dropped and Clearance items. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer available from Aug 2 until Aug 15 2018.

hYpNoS
2nd August 2018, 04:30 PM
Is it just me or in stores without POTP deluxes they simply don't have the price tags up?

i_amtrunks
2nd August 2018, 05:59 PM
Is it just me or in stores without POTP deluxes they simply don't have the price tags up?

Yeah the pegs are empty and pricetag/ label free. It’s quite sad that once again transformers sections no longer exist in many stores, the movie toys ruin it for the better toylines once again. All the stores I’ve been to that have no potp toys still have movie ones clogging shelves...

kovert
2nd August 2018, 06:18 PM
PoTP Deluxes are showing as 'out of stock' or 'low stock' in a lot of Brisbane metro stores.

DarkHyren
2nd August 2018, 06:48 PM
Fingers crossed that BigW will get PotP wave 2 in while this sale is going on

UltraMarginal
3rd August 2018, 01:21 PM
Big W Macquarie has one deluxe Jazz and two deluxe snarls, one deluxe stinger, most of the transformers pegs are full of wwf stuff.

I feel like this happens a lot when toy sales are on and transformers are not in stock when I'd like them to be.

Firestorm
3rd August 2018, 03:25 PM
Echoing what others have said
I went to Big W Watergardens today and there was virtually nothing there. Just some RiD legions and TR Legends Cosmos and Seaspray
There WAS a TR Slugslinger
But for $8 I gave in to the impulse buy

techx
3rd August 2018, 03:46 PM
I know this a very long shot, anyone in South East Melbourne sees TR TwinTwist and /or Mindwipe, pls let know. Thank you 😊👍

Galvatran
3rd August 2018, 05:16 PM
Big W Macquarie has one deluxe Jazz and two deluxe snarls, one deluxe stinger, most of the transformers pegs are full of wwf stuff.
POTP wave 2 Deluxe hitting shelves in time for the sale. :)

UltraMarginal
3rd August 2018, 06:15 PM
POTP wave 2 Deluxe hitting shelves in time for the sale. :)

sorry I meant slags the triceratops

Bidoofdude
3rd August 2018, 06:20 PM
Really hoping wave 2 hits Big W in this sale. I needs my Snarl, Sludge and Rippersnapper.

griffin
4th August 2018, 08:15 AM
There is some bad new about the wave 2 Deluxes... but the two Dinobots are apparently in a later revision wave.

Keep an eye out on the AUS news section for a news posting this weekend about it.

Deano85
4th August 2018, 10:49 AM
Sluggslinger from Big W top Ryder for $8. There was 2 more left after I grabbed one

Meister
4th August 2018, 11:26 AM
Big W Dapto has 5 Trypticons on clearance for $99

SMHFConvoy
4th August 2018, 11:36 AM
There is some bad new about the wave 2 Deluxes... but the two Dinobots are apparently in a later revision wave.

Keep an eye out on the AUS news section for a news posting this weekend about it.

I can already guess, Australia isn't getting them?

Deano85
4th August 2018, 12:13 PM

Ordered from Big Bad Toystore instead. Dinobots should be here next week.

Galvatran
4th August 2018, 05:23 PM

I'm speculating:
+ Hasbro lost the molds...
+ Mold degradation
+ Too many lunchtime specials leaving the factory
+ Santa put in a really, really big order
+ Delayed due to having to put the "MAGA" stamp on the mold at an inconspicuous location
+ A shipping container with said items and a high end Mercedes being delivered to (name removed) has fallen off the container ship & can't be retrieved from the bottom of the ocean. Yay.

griffin
4th August 2018, 07:17 PM
I've checked three BigWs in the last two days, and they were all stripped of anything boxed, and very little carded TFs left too... so either this 20% sale is doing well, or they were just short-stocked to begin with.
The Garden City BigW had POTP Inferno a week ago and I was hoping to get it during the sale, but both of them and the Grimlocks that were its case mate, were all gone when I went there today. :(

UltraMarginal
6th August 2018, 11:17 AM
Sluggslinger from Big W top Ryder for $8. There was 2 more left after I grabbed one

Any Grimlocks there?

I think I've noticed this as a common pattern over the last few years, a few weeks after their sale ends Big W run a follow up 20% off sale to reduce the volume of remaining toys, helping them re-size their toy sections back to normal. If I recall correctly the last two years have seen their shelves devoid of any transformers stock by this point.

Deano85
6th August 2018, 12:52 PM
Didn't see any grimlocks

shockNwave
6th August 2018, 04:14 PM

Is "revision wave" another way of saying final wave? Because if so that means Australia will miss out on certain products due to our small market and I don't want to see either of these dinobots affected.

Galvatran
6th August 2018, 04:21 PM

The suspense is killing me... or did I miss the announcement?

griffin
6th August 2018, 06:26 PM
Is "revision wave" another way of saying final wave? Because if so that means Australia will miss out on certain products due to our small market and I don't want to see either of these dinobots affected.

A revision wave is usually in between waves, in that it doesn't (usually) contain any new toys, but does mix up the assortment to include other older toys that weren't in the main wave. The master cartons also have an "r" number after the wave number - like, w4r1.

This upcoming re-release of the Dinobots could be a revision case of wave 3 that includes some of the toys that are new to wave 3 (the Terrorcons and Firestar), or a "new" wave with all older toys (noted as wave 4 on the master carton), which is rare, as it is hard to sell a new wave to Retailers if it doesn't have any new product in it (they usually only do this when a series is more popular than expected, and Retailers are wanting more product of that series to fill the shelves until the next series starts).

The suspense is killing me... or did I miss the announcement?

Posted here on Saturday (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25690).

Galvatran
6th August 2018, 07:21 PM
Posted here on Saturday (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25690).
Thanks. :)

Do we know the reason why there was so limited supply generally? I believe the U.S. also had low stock to the stores. Yet wave 1 Deluxes are so abundant & clogging shelf space.

Paulbot
6th August 2018, 07:38 PM
A revision wave is usually in between waves, in that it doesn't (usually) contain any new toys, but does mix up the assortment to include other older toys that weren't in the main wave. The master cartons also have an "r" number after the wave number - like, w4r1.

This upcoming re-release of the Dinobots could be a revision case of wave 3 that includes some of the toys that are new to wave 3 (the Terrorcons and Firestar), or a "new" wave with all older toys (noted as wave 4 on the master carton), which is rare, as it is hard to sell a new wave to Retailers if it doesn't have any new product in it (they usually only do this when a series is more popular than expected, and Retailers are wanting more product of that series to fill the shelves until the next series starts).

Just to note from info we have:
Wave 3 is Blot, Cutthroat, Sinnertwin (all new) and Jazz
Wave 4 is Firestar (new) and Darkwind, Slag and Rippersnapper.

Revision to wave 3 or 4 might see the two Dinobots re-released