PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Pete's Online

Dimi194
7th August 2018, 09:59 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I thought I'd post it to give everyone a heads up!

Seems since TRU announced it was bowing out, a few of the smaller stores have started to go online, and the (last?) Uncle Pete's in Dubbo (of all places) has followed suit.

Prices are RRP but they have Afterpay, free shipping over $100 and don't do 'random picks' :P I just bought Optimal from them (I'd rather pay now and get now than have to wait for a pre-order #pcfail even if it's not cheaper), they have some Cyberverse (truth be told I bought the Warrior OP to make up to the free shipping point lol) but also a decent selection of LEGO too.
https://www.unclepetestoys.com.au/

Jetfire in the sky
7th August 2018, 02:35 PM
This is such a good idea for the smaller retailers in regional areas, I know that the effort of setting up has its costs, but if they get an assortment of a certain wave that no where else gets or is in low demand in their location and high elsewhere then collectors can source the items they are after and support Australian businesses that might have otherwise had to heavily discount unwanted deadstock.

Dimi194
7th August 2018, 04:46 PM
Agreed! Very happy to pay to support these kind of businesses!
Also seems Primal has sold out since this morning so :p:p

UltraMarginal
7th August 2018, 05:04 PM
I can't see any pictures when looking at their site on my work machine, I guess it's something to do with our security settings.

I search transformers and can't see any names or pictures.

it is a great idea though, can't be anything wrong with a bit more competition.

philby
8th August 2018, 08:30 PM
actually looks like a lot of transformers stuff there, heaps of studio series, latest prime masters, cyberverse. no POTP deluxes though hehe

The Letter M
24th January 2019, 04:42 PM
Looks like they have Siege leader class and Battlemasters available on their website.

Sinnertwin
24th January 2019, 05:16 PM
Ive used UP a few times, no complaints thus far.

griffin
24th January 2019, 05:33 PM
Their WFC prices are pretty good, compared to Toyworld.... $80 for Leaders and $10 for Battlemasters.

Sinnertwin
24th January 2019, 06:25 PM
Here we are. Get your Siege on

https://www.unclepetestoys.com.au/shop-by-category/transformers/transformers/?sort=newest

Dimi194
2nd February 2019, 12:26 PM
Siege DLX and Voyagers online now, and seems more Leader in stock.

Sutton
11th February 2019, 06:13 PM
Ordered some stuff from them yesterday (a Sunday) and it was shipped out about the middle of the day today. Pretty quick!

Akky82
11th February 2019, 08:52 PM
Ordered shockwave, hound, skytread and sideswipe Wednesday morning and recieved them (in Brisbane) Friday morning. Very happy, no bubble wrap though.

(ordered ultra magnus, cog and megatron at the same time from mightyheroes in parkes, recieved at the same time but the box was twice as big, everything was wrapped in thick bubble wrap and the gaps filled with brown paper).

The Letter M
20th February 2019, 02:48 PM
Just nabbed the wave 2 Siege Micromasters from Uncle Pete's

Sutton
27th February 2019, 12:47 PM
Ordered shockwave, hound, skytread and sideswipe Wednesday morning and recieved them (in Brisbane) Friday morning. Very happy, no bubble wrap though.

By contrast, my order from them came with multiple internal boxes and six miles of bubble wrap......! :eek:

The Letter M
8th March 2019, 04:14 PM
Starscream and Soundwave are up.

Dimi194
9th March 2019, 01:52 PM
Starscream and Soundwave are up.

Anndddd gone :P

The Letter M
25th March 2019, 10:44 AM
Wave 2 Deluxes are up.

Dimi194
8th May 2019, 08:05 AM
Cogman/Shatter Wave of SS are up! And plenty of Siege stuff too

Jellico
21st May 2019, 09:21 PM
Well, slowly getting Siege Wave 1.

A combination of Toy World pricing and interstate postage make them more expensive than I would like for mainline figures, but I have to say that I found Uncle Pete's easy to deal with and got a pleasant surprise welcome in the packaging for a first time buyer.

I won't use Uncle Pete's often but they are worth a look.

Dimi194
24th May 2019, 10:59 AM
Shatter wave of SS DLX and some of the Siege Micromasters up now (if you're into them :P)

Convoid
10th June 2019, 08:16 AM
They have Siege wave 3 micromasters Blackjack & Hyperdrive in stock. Also Micromasters: Topshot & Flak, Roadhandler & Swinder from wave 1.

Omega Metro
3rd July 2019, 10:28 AM
Siege Springer Voyager in stock

Convoid
3rd July 2019, 10:37 PM
They have Studio Series Rampage, KSI Boss and Bumblebee film Optimus Prime in stock.

Bidoofdude
4th July 2019, 08:05 AM
They have a page for Refraktor, but it doesn’t show up in a search and goes to 404 via the link.

Omega Metro
31st August 2019, 07:49 AM
Siege Jetfire is in stock. Not a bad price either.

Sinnertwin
13th September 2019, 01:32 PM
Yep. $140's a great price.

Dimi194
17th November 2019, 08:55 PM
Siege Astrotrain is in stock now :D

Gehirn
17th November 2019, 09:33 PM
And out of stock?

Dimi194
18th November 2019, 08:05 AM
And out of stock?

They must have only got 1 case in...

The Letter M
20th November 2019, 10:15 AM
They must have got two. I nabbed one before post #27.

Gehirn
14th December 2019, 02:49 PM
Astrotrain, spinister and crosshairs are listed online.

Gehirn
23rd January 2020, 11:19 AM
SS hot rod, soundwave, mixmaster available.

The Letter M
20th February 2020, 04:07 PM
Earthrise figures are available.

The Letter M
27th February 2020, 12:10 PM
Earthrise Leaders have been restocked and deluxes are now available

DELTAprime
27th February 2020, 02:43 PM
Also, Soundbarrier is available.

Ordered Optimus and Soundbarrier. Hopefully, they will turn up shortly.

DELTAprime
28th February 2020, 01:38 PM
I got an automated message from Uncle Pete's. I have a feeling they oversold their stock of Earthrise figures.

Hi Nik, Thank-you for your above order. Yesterday our retail store and website went into meltdown over the popularity of the new Earthrise transformer figures. As a result there will be a delay in the dispatch of your order. Dispatch of your complete order will happen on 5 March, 2020. We do apologise for the delay and any inconvenience it may cause you. On the upside, the deluxe figures (Hoist, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack and Ironworks) will all be back in stock on 5 March, 2020. Let us know if you require any of these figures which we will be able to add to your order with no additional postage cost. Regards David Haylock Uncle Pete's Toys

Sinnertwin
28th February 2020, 01:52 PM
Ahhh the joys of having new toys in stock

Tha_Phantom
28th February 2020, 02:10 PM
I got an automated message from Uncle Pete's. I have a feeling they oversold their stock of Earthrise figures.

A similar thing happened with me when I ordered some Siege Micromasters from them last year. I ordered Ravage + Laserbeak and Red heat + Stakeout sets, they then emailed me a couple of days later to say they had accidentally sold Ravage + Laserbeak in store and restock would take a while. To their credit, they did fully refund the entire order (including Red Heat + Stakeout) when I asked.

Gehirn
28th February 2020, 02:43 PM
Can't blame them. It's one store in Dubbo against all the Australian Transformers groups. They have great service though, looking forward to getting Earthrise from them.

DELTAprime
28th February 2020, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not unhappy as they are a small-time operation and have never seen reports of them leaving people waiting for insane amounts of time like TLTC. When I get paid on Tuesday I might contact them and see if they can add some more Soundbarriers to my order since they mentioned they would be able to add things to my order with no additional shipping required.

Dimi194
29th February 2020, 12:29 PM
I got the same message, but yeah they're super helpful! I think the fact they have a physical store keeps them reliable, unlike other AU retailers....

Eazy D
7th March 2020, 08:20 PM
All Earthrise, deluxes, voyagers, and leaders available on the Uncle Pete's website at the moment.

dirge
7th March 2020, 08:35 PM
All Earthrise, deluxes, voyagers, and leaders available on the Uncle Pete's website at the moment.

Thanks! Ordered myself a Prime (:

DELTAprime
7th March 2020, 09:07 PM
I got a message from David at Uncle Pete's letting me know the Earthrise figures will be in on Monday and that my back-ordered Optimus will ship then.

I ordered the Deluxes and a Grapple in addition to what I already had.

Yeah, I know I should have just waited for Grapple to ship from Amazon but I'm impatient.

DELTAprime
9th March 2020, 08:52 PM
And apparently all my stuff from Uncle Pete's has shipped today. :)

dirge
9th March 2020, 10:42 PM
And apparently all my stuff from Uncle Pete's has shipped today. :)

I got an "order complete" email tonight.

It's my first UPT order. Yeah okay, I get that it's fulfilled, but I'm not sure if I should get tracking. At any rate, I'm stoked I've got Prime coming.

DELTAprime
10th March 2020, 12:39 AM
I got an "order complete" email tonight.

It's my first UPT order. Yeah okay, I get that it's fulfilled, but I'm not sure if I should get tracking. At any rate, I'm stoked I've got Prime coming.

Uncle Pete's mentioned somewhere (not sure if it was on their site or in one of the messages they sent me) that Australia Post will text or email tracking info.

I got a text with my shipping info and it was automatically added to my MyPost account.

Sol_Bad
11th March 2020, 01:33 PM
I ordered Grapple, Starscream, Cliffjumper, Hoist, Wheeljackack and Spinister over the weekend from Uncle Pete's. Package just arrived today, very happy, packed well.

Dimi194
17th July 2021, 10:57 AM
Just an update on these guys - still awesome service, I ordered on Thursday night, they shipped Friday, and it arrived at my place today!
Very well packed. Sad they don't seem to get all the toys (it seems some waves they skip).