PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] hide the robot inside!

Gutsman Heavy
1st November 2008, 02:11 PM
Interesting if true (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-news---alice-is-a-pretender-166122/)

whats next, powermasters?

Pulse
1st November 2008, 05:21 PM
It's gonna be some sort of alien horror movie... :D "Don't fall for her charms Sam! No!" :D

From H & A to a Mechanical Alien/Human?
Isabel Lucas has sure left the surfie chick stereotype behind...

SilverDragon
1st November 2008, 07:57 PM
The Pretender Transformer will have an arm that transforms into an energy weapon, a long tongue, and a scanning tenticle.

Why do I get the feeling that this will be played for all the dirty jokes that it could provide?

kup
2nd November 2008, 05:37 AM
I think this sucks mainly because their version sounds more like a rip off from a certain other movie rather than a Pretender.

I am not optimistic.

TheDirtyDigger
2nd November 2008, 07:16 AM
Terminator vs. Transformers.

i_amtrunks
2nd November 2008, 08:10 AM
Attractive Woman is a bad robot after the main character...

Wait hasnt that been done before???

And why does she need a long tongue and tentacles? It only half ties into the bug/insectoid alien look the Decepticons have been given thus far.

Mixmaster
2nd November 2008, 08:50 AM
This is so rediculous that it has to be one of these "leak stuff to fans so they don't steal the scripts again" things. For me, this is'nt real. It's just too silly. If it is, then this film is going to be even more sillier than the first one.

MV75
2nd November 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm just so overcome with too many thoughts right now, I don't know where to start commenting on this. It's just so hilarious, sickening, ridiculous, corny/cliche and erotic.

Pulse
2nd November 2008, 01:42 PM
This is so ridiculous that it has to be one of these "leak stuff to fans so they don't steal the scripts again" things. For me, this isn't real. It's just too silly. If it is, then this film is going to be even more sillier than the first one.

On second thought, I'd have to say this is most probably bulls#%t too! :D

I think the first comment on this page (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46187&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15) sums it up perfectly...

kup
2nd November 2008, 01:50 PM
This is so rediculous that it has to be one of these "leak stuff to fans so they don't steal the scripts again" things. For me, this is'nt real. It's just too silly. If it is, then this film is going to be even more sillier than the first one.

That's wrong. Its real there is a lot of concrete evidence including leaked footage. This is pretty old news actually.

Bartrim
2nd November 2008, 10:21 PM
I didn't realise she is actually a decepticon. I just heard she was a heartless bitch trying steal Sam from Mikalea (a real stretch for a H and A actress:rolleyes:)

I hope this doesn't suck.

Beast_Wars_Superior
2nd November 2008, 10:53 PM
And why does she need a long tongue and tentacles?

I'm sure that, like all the ridiculous stuff from the first film, it will make sense when we see it up on the screen. :p

FFN
4th November 2008, 03:33 AM
It makes sense from a storyline perspective. Brute force got the Decepticons nowhere last time, and now they're using espionage and subterfuge even beyond the capabilities of Frenzy to infiltrate.

Reminds me of Infiltration and Escalation.

kup
4th November 2008, 10:52 AM
It makes sense from a storyline perspective. Brute force got the Decepticons nowhere last time, and now they're using espionage and subterfuge even beyond the capabilities of Frenzy to infiltrate.

Reminds me of Infiltration and Escalation.

It reminds me of:

- Terminator 3
- Battlestar Galactica
- Austin Powers

The toy is hinted to be a human animorph of a Barbie Blonde. How crap is that?

FFN
5th November 2008, 06:06 AM
You say that like Transformers (any generation) has been original. TF is derivative as heck :D

I'm personally interested in seeing how they handle a hypothetical modern pretender-type toy.

kup
5th November 2008, 09:53 AM
You say that like Transformers (any generation) has been original. TF is derivative as heck :D

I'm personally interested in seeing how they handle a hypothetical modern pretender-type toy.

If its an Animorph type toy it will not be a Pretender but something else entirely.

Beast_Wars_Superior
6th November 2008, 03:41 AM

You can bet your boots it won't 'split apart to reveal a powerful robot inside, then reassemble to fight alongside the transformable robot'! ;)

i_amtrunks
6th November 2008, 09:47 AM
If the reports of the movie combiner are to be believed then we cannot expect anything good for a toy version of the pretender.

kup
6th November 2008, 11:33 AM
I have become fearful of the second Movie toy line. It seems that they are focusing too heavily on stupid gimmicks possibly at the expense of the toy design.

Haven't they learned from past failings?

Bartrim
6th November 2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah from what I've heard about the movie combiner and now this I doubt I'll be buying too many toys from ROTF which saddens me:(... Although my wallet just let out a huge sigh of relief:)

The_Damned
6th November 2008, 12:54 PM
i will remind you next year about all you guys being naysayers

kup
6th November 2008, 03:00 PM
i will remind you next year about all you guys being naysayers

If the toys turn out to be good I will be the first to admit it but cheating on combiners, Transformers with Animorph type human alt modes reeks of fail.

Starscream looked like crap before the first movie, during the first movie and after the first movie. Nothing much changed there.

Pulse
6th November 2008, 03:13 PM
I really don't think I'll be going ballistic in acquiring too many figures from ROTF.

I mean, I only picked up one of each character from the first movie & I'm pretty sure I'm only gonna acquire new characters only (ie. Soundwave, Devastator, Jetfire, maybe Arcee if she's significantly different to her first movie figure...).

& yes, I'll be trying to keep my word :)

kup
6th November 2008, 03:18 PM
I really don't think I'll be going ballistic in acquiring too many figures from ROTF.

I mean, I only picked up one of each character from the first movie & I'm pretty sure I'm only gonna acquire new characters only (ie. Soundwave, Devastator, Jetfire, maybe Arcee if she's significantly different to her first movie figure...).

& yes, I'll be trying to keep my word :)

I took a similar approach. I got the best toy representing each of the film characters with a couple of exceptions.

I didn't bother with Swindle, Real gear and all the other stuff and repaints.

As a result collecting them was more of a 'side hobby' than anything big like collecting G1, BW and now Classics.

i_amtrunks
6th November 2008, 04:09 PM
I took a similar approach. I got the best toy representing each of the film characters with a couple of exceptions.

I didn't bother with Swindle, Real gear and all the other stuff and repaints

If you didnt nab real gears, you missed the best figures to be released under the movie moniker!

I ended up preferring non-movie character toys a hell of a lot more than the Movie figures. Of my top 5 movie toys, only Ironhide would make the list from Movie figures. Rescue Ratchet would scrape in close though.

kup
6th November 2008, 06:03 PM
I am mostly a character collector so I didn't really care for Real gear.