PDA

View Full Version : 2018 events revealing Transformers Siege WFC

Tober
5th October 2018, 05:06 AM
NYCC 2018 - TRANSFORMERS SIEGE FIGURES (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/04/nycc-2018-transformers-siege-figures-high-res-on-display-images-373346)

– Megatron
– Starscream (tetra jet mode!)
– Soundwave (tape deck opens to store tapes!)
– Flywheels (two vehicle modes combine in to one robot mode, no “little robots” like the recent Battletrap)
– Shockwave
– Brunt (Weaponizer, acts as weapons for other Transformers but also has his own robot form)
– Refractor (deluxe, you will need to buy 3 of him to make the classic Reflector camera mode)
– Air Strike Patrol Battle Masters
– Ravage (acts as a Battle Master for larger Decepticons in tape mode)
– Laserbeak (classic “More Than Meets the Eye Part 1” bird mode)

Omega Supreme tease from Hasbro live stream (https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReports/posts/766701553680274?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBGQqZV37rp18EK nIG4DdlAN5AJTmFUYQIA0ZdHkdqtWW9lky9u5XtSd4SpL2tfVs WToDHWGYMBUEbZAw9HZ4FXgypFTCqLSKdCWtovJFULJpCO8xvB-WbUEQxuASPqppAqe6_de97HFHcL_kEDlCuAeOVGn1NQtS-JK5b0cVCtxmmPxuqu&__tn__=-R)

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1941/44190947695_d76cecbc38_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1922/31228332868_42aa078809_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1925/44190947435_e21bfc2f0b.jpg

1AZRAEL1
5th October 2018, 05:27 AM
Just when I thought I was gonna slow down on buying figures...

Flywheels and Soundwave are a must

Tober
5th October 2018, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to cut down on mainline releases too. That Shockwave is an instant buy though. Soundwave definitely maybe.

1AZRAEL1
5th October 2018, 05:51 AM
Shockwave too, maybe Reflector. Soundwave figures are almost always a must for me. Omega would be great, but I have fast run out of room on my collection shelves for massive figures.

Jellico
5th October 2018, 07:13 AM
Thank Primus they are showing Omega. Over the last year I have been sorely tempted by other sources.

Anyone else think Megs looks like a shrunken Combiner Wars Leader?

After a few G1 heavy lines I was hoping that I was nearly done and could cut down. I have to say this line has some highly tempting elements even if the alt modes don't always tick the right boxes.

DELTAprime
5th October 2018, 08:08 AM
Thoughts on all of these figures.

Well... I guess I'm buying yet another Optimus and Megatron set.

I'm not interested in Starscream as my Henkei Seekers are still doing fine for me.

I would get Soundwave and all the cassettes if the battle damage wasn't so severe.

Looking forward to Flywheels.

Finally a Shockwave worthy of my collection.

Brunt looks fine.

I really have to buy three figures to get a single Reflector???

Airstrike Patrol = YAY.

I'm happy with Henkei Ravage.

Can I get a Buzzsaw out of this Laserbeak mould also?

I wanted Scorponok before Omega Supreme, but hey I'm sure I'll get my Scorponok one day.

Bidoofdude
5th October 2018, 08:09 AM
Shockwave!
Reflector! (x3)
Brunt!
MTMTE Laserbeak!

Megatron’s head ruins him for me, and new Soundwave can’t justify ditching hr legends leader.

Omega Metro
5th October 2018, 08:40 AM
I’ve been after a decent Shockwave. This looks good. Voyager?
I will get Soundwave only if he is Voyager sized.
The rest is a must buy even though I’m trying to cut down on TF collecting.:rolleyes:

M-bot
5th October 2018, 08:47 AM
According to a video I saw, Reflector Refraktor will be a deluxe with accessories so you can turn him into one of 3 slightly different bots. Buy 3 of them, you can make a camera mode. So a complete Refraktor is going to be around or more than the price of a leader class toy. Let’s hope he’s not short packed...

Other than that, there’s a great deal here that looks pretty ace!

SharkyMcShark
5th October 2018, 09:10 AM
I dunno, a lot of this looks incredibly underwhelming to me.

The figures all look like decent G1 modern updates in robot mode, but the rest of it feels like a let down.

Statscream looks lazy. It's fairly poor that it's been about 6 years since the Generations like has had a Statscream larger than legends class that actually uses the vehicles canopy for the robot mode chest.

Shockwaves and Soundwave suffer from tbe olde 'Cybertronian vehicle mode is literally just the robot mode sitting/lying down' syndrome.

That said, I do like the look of that Megatron. I also did enjoy a lot of the Autobot reveals from earlier in the year.

More money for Studio Series and 3P stuff I suppose.

TaZZerath
5th October 2018, 09:48 AM
Yyyyyyeeeahhhhhhh.......

Look, I just don't know how I feel on the Siege line thus far.

The Micromaster updates i'm maybe interested in, and I'll get Flywheels for sure.

But the rest? :confused:

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th October 2018, 10:07 AM
I like the look of a lot of these. Not sure how many I'll get besides Flywheels, but there are a lot of nice ideas and little nods to G1 stuff there that are pretty cool, eg. Megatron's sword, the little tower on Shockwave's whatever-it-is alt-mode looking like his tower from the cartoon, etc etc.

I'm really liking the backwards-compatibility stuff too, especially the city-bot companions.

BigTransformerTrev
5th October 2018, 10:41 AM
I really like the Shockwave - I think thats a fantastic new alt-mode for him. A flying Cybertronian battleship that also looks like a huge gun. i'm not sure I would have his backpack on in robot mode, he looks weird with 4 arms.

Most of these are a yes for me - particularly Brunt, Flywheels, Hound & Reflector.

Not sure about Starscreams Tetra-Jet mode, I think the WW Titanium ones look cooler. Will see when the time comes.

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2018, 11:15 AM
The definites for me are new CHUGs (i.e. characters never done before as CHUG), so the no-brainers are:
* Brunt
* Skytread

And I'll most likely get "proper" CHUG versions of characters that were previously done in CHUG but are now done way gooderer:
* Aimless
* Blowpipe
* Refraktor
* Laserbeak (I'm happy with my Henkei Ravage, but I'll likely end up getting Siege Ravage too since he comes in a 2 pack with Laserbeak - that's fine)
* Shockwave

I can see in the blurry background of some shots that Shockwave's lame shoulder pads appear to be removable, making him way more G1 accurate. And I suspect that this toy may have an unofficial gun mode. i.e. they designed him to be able to transform into a laser gun but aren't marketing it as such even though it's legally unnecessary, I guess Hasbro are avoiding complaints from parents; it also means that they don't need to give Shockwave an orange barrel tip. Also legally unnecessary but something toy companies do because parents complain otherwise. While we fans see it as needless political correctness, from Hasbro's POV it's about protecting their corporate image - they would hate to receive complaints from angry parents.

Others like Hound, Sideswipe etc. -- they're lower priority figures for me. I'm not going to completely rule them out because I do sometimes get 2 different CHUG versions of the same character (e.g. I have both Generations and POTP Tailgate etc.). I'm perfectly happy with Henkei Lambor and Hound (etc.), but then again, I'm also perfectly happy with Generations Tailgate but I still bought POTP Tailgate (which I also like, I love both toys!)... so uh, while these are lower priority figures for me, I'll put them in my "Maybe" basket. :)

P.S.: Just last weekend I predicted Brunt (Tha_Phantom was with me and can vouch for me). :)

Tober
5th October 2018, 11:54 AM
Reflector as triplets hasn't been in CHUG before have they, just the small accessory figure..?

I can see in the blurry background of some shots that Shockwave's lame shoulder pads appear to be removable, making him way more G1 accurate.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1920/45101622071_b469c2e037_b.jpg

griffin
5th October 2018, 12:01 PM
Would the botcon Reflector count... with its fanmode combined mode?

Raider
5th October 2018, 12:20 PM
I love them all! I think Shockwave looks amazing and Omega Supreme... YAY! I will also finally be able to get my hands on Aimless (even though it is his G1 version I really desire) :p

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2018, 12:44 PM
Reflector as triplets hasn't been in CHUG before have they, just the small accessory figure..?
Refraktor looks gooderer.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1920/45101622071_b469c2e037_b.jpg
JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

Jellico
5th October 2018, 01:11 PM
Others like Hound, Sideswipe etc. -- they're lower priority figures for me. I'm not going to completely rule them out because I do sometimes get 2 different CHUG versions of the same character (e.g. I have both Generations and POTP Tailgate etc.). I'm perfectly happy with Henkei Lambor and Hound (etc.), but then again, I'm also perfectly happy with Generations Tailgate but I still bought POTP Tailgate (which I also like, I love both toys!)... so uh, while these are lower priority figures for me, I'll put them in my "Maybe" basket. :)

It's the alt modes that are making them maybes for me. Eg Sideswipe is a more Sideswipey than the previous CHUG, but the Cybertonian alt mode throws me. Soundwave looks great but he is a lie down Cybertronian thingimebob.

However it pans out I suspect I will be buying stuff then selling the extras at the end of the year.

Tober
5th October 2018, 02:21 PM

Sure, if you think shooting things with a camera means blowing them up. ;)

Deonasis
5th October 2018, 05:01 PM
Im really not understanding the need for the extra parts on Shockwave. I know armour is the gimmick but with all pieces stuck on in botmode it looks like 2 shockwaves got melted together.

Between now and release some new pics might help me understand it more. Otherwise I’m banking on a heavy retool to reveal their purpose.

SharkyMcShark
5th October 2018, 05:10 PM
http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2018/10/DSC04707.jpg

This is not good enough, in 2018, for a figure that doesn't also have to support a third mode like POTP Screamer, which also uses a chunky Cybertronian design and should be able to better hide its bulk.

This is probably the biggest let down of the reveals, which is a shame because the craft that the balled up robot has on its back is essentially a BSG Viper, and I love me some BSG.

DELTAprime
5th October 2018, 05:32 PM
I take it by the reactions to the Target Masters most people didn't get the LG Target Masters???

I'm just waiting on a Siege version of Nightstick and Fracas since they are the only two from The Rebirth that didn't get done in Legends.

griffin
5th October 2018, 05:43 PM
Sure, if you think shooting things with a camera means blowing them up. ;)

You only said Reflector as triplets, not Reflector as a camera... ;) :p

Lord_Zed
5th October 2018, 06:32 PM
I dunno what to think of these guys, there's some positives and some negatives, I think I'll need to see them in real life and see how much they are to decide.

Except for Flywheels, he looks great.

griffin
5th October 2018, 06:47 PM
Official images have been released (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/04/nycc-2018-transformers-war-for-cybertron-siege-official-images-373531), along with some notes from Hasbro's John Warden...

Battlemasters:

Blowpipe
Aimless

Micromasters:

Airstrike Patrol
Soundwave Spy Patrol (Laserbeak and Ravage)

Deluxe:

Skytread (two alt modes)
Refraktor (three combine into camera)
Brunt (weaponizer)

Voyager:

Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream (tetrajet)

Leader:

Shockwave

WFC VOYAGER MEGATRON was designed with Scale in mind. He is perfectly in scale with WFC VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME, and draws influence from his appearance in the 1984 Pilot Episode of the TRANSFORMERS animated series.
His alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRONIAN Tank, but his robot form is based on his G1 appearance.
MEGATRON also includes a Sword, which is designed based on the rare 1985 Japanese Exclusive release of MEGATRON. The Sword and the classic arm-cannon can convert and merge together to form high-powered custom artillery
WFC VOYAGER STARSCREAM is perfectly scaled to stand along other WFC characters, and is based on the original scale charts from the 1984 G1 animated series.
STARSCREAM can convert to his classic G1 TETRAJET alt form, a version of this famous character which has never been seen before in toy form.
STARSCREAM will feature his iconic NULL RAY cannons as accessory parts.
His Robot form is fully detailed and is based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
WFC VOYAGER SOUNDWAVE is faithfully based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
SOUNDWAVE features articulation and a posed-out hand that allows him to stand in his classic “EJECT” pose, with his finger on the eject button.
MICROMASTER SPY PATROL LASERBEAK and RAVAGE (Sold Separately) can fit inside his cassette bay.
SOUNDWAVE’s alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRON Patrol Hovercraft, with a docking bay for the Cassette Bots in the back.
Fans of the 1984 pilot episode will be pleased to know that SOUNDWAVE can be converted into a third “Easter egg” mode… a “CYBERTRONIAN Sensor Lamp”!
WFC DELUXE REFRAKTOR is the perfect soldier to build your DECEPTICON army! This is the most screen-accurate version of this classic trooper ever created for TRANSFORMERS fans.
REFRAKTOR comes with three accessory parts, a blaster, a battlefield shield, and a chest module. The chest module allows fans to customize their REFRAKTORS to create various versions and recreate their appearance in the G1 cartoon series.
REFRAKTOR can convert into a CYBERTRONIAN Artillery Hovercraft vehicle, and die-hard fans can combine THREE of the same REFRAKTORS (Sold Separately) to create his classic Camera Mode, complete with Zoom Lens and Tripod!

Paulbot
5th October 2018, 07:07 PM
The Starscream underbelly is awful.

FatalityPitt
5th October 2018, 07:15 PM
I’ve set a budget for myself in an attempt to control my spending on action figures, so I’ll need to be very selective.

The ones I’m certainly interested in are Megatron, Optimus Prime, Red Alert (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/siege-red-alert-revealed-stock-photos-for-nycc-siege-figures-design-notes-from-warden-nycc/42180/), Blowpipe, and Aimless.

I missed out on Combiner Wars Megatron, and the Voyager class seems like an appropriate scale for Megatron. That also means I’m gunning for Optimus Prime too, because Megatron isn’t Megatron without Optimus (they complete each other). It would also be nice to have good quality “plain vanilla” versions of these characters without any over-the-top gimmicks. Red Alert is also another definite buy for me. Red is my favourite G1 Autobot car from the 1984-85 period, and I find his deco more interesting than Sideswipe’s. Also, I once had the 2010 Generations Red Alert but it broke at the hips, and it was a pretty messy break. This one would make a good replacement. Blowpipe and Aimless are also on my to-buy list because TR Misfire and Triggerhappy need their guns!

If there’s still room in the budget, I’ll try to get Cog, Refraktor, Starscream and Soundwave (in that order of priority).

I recently mentioned I’d get Reflector if he/they were released mass-market, but what’s shown here is different from my expectations. I would have been content if Hasbro had just retooled the TR Rumble/Rewind mould into Reflector, since a spy tablet can be considered a type of camera. Somehow the Deluxe size doesn’t feel that appropriate (Reflector is small, like an Insecticon or Minibot). Also, the idea of buying three copies of him to make the camera mode sounds expensive. It’s like a post from the “Corrupt-a-wish (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=596276#post596276)” thread. I wished for Reflector, and it manifested in real life, except it’s more expensive than what I was hoping for. As for the Starscream, I usually always end up getting whatever G1 Starscream is available, whether planned or not, and as a result I have many Starscreams in my collection. This time, I’ll try to be sensible by going for quality over quantity – I’ll only buy the Starscream if it gets good reviews. Soundwave is also another G1 character I’d usually buy if I see, but I’m already invested in the TR Leader, and if I want a Voyager class one, the FoC one has me covered. Soundwave’s alt-mode is definitely a surprise. I thought G1 Soundwave’s alt-mode was being retconned as an armoured car, like how Megatron is being retconned from being a Walther P-38 to an Abrams tank. I never pictured Soundwave as something from Space Battleship Yamamoto. I do like this new Soundwave, but my budget is tight, and I’m pretty content with the TR Leader figure.

As for everything else, I have no plans on getting. If I do, it’ll be splash damage.

dirge
5th October 2018, 08:10 PM
Flywheels is a winner.

Reflector... I want to want. But... what does _one_ transform into?

SharkyMcShark
5th October 2018, 08:17 PM
Flywheels is a winner.

Laying down robot holding accessories overhead?

Sorry, 'space ship'

Tober
5th October 2018, 08:32 PM
Flywheels is a winner.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1901/43287946880_e550b9911b_b.jpg

Or, yeah, what SharkyMcShark said.

FatalityPitt
5th October 2018, 09:24 PM
Re-FRAK-tor...

Pay AUD87.00 at KMart for three identical Decepticons that combine to transform into one camera...

OR pay AUD29.00 for one Decepticon that transforms into a piece of abstract art...

I guess we should be grateful we finally got a retail release Reflector?? <shrugs>

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2018, 09:43 PM
It's the alt modes that are making them maybes for me. Eg Sideswipe is a more Sideswipey than the previous CHUG, but the Cybertonian alt mode throws me. Soundwave looks great but he is a lie down Cybertronian thingimebob.
For me it really depends on whether I feel that the new toy is offering something that my existing CHUGs don't already offer. Henkei Lambor and Hound are both really good Deluxe Class CHUG versions of Sideswipe and Hound. I don't think these new ones look necessarily any better or worse... just different, but they all seem fine.

I got POTP Tailgate because he looks more G1 accurate than Generations Tailgate, but I still love Generations Tailgate because he's IDW accurate, and I like that character. Plus they were both inexpensive Legends Class figures. :p For Deluxe and above these toys are going to have to do more persuading for me to decide to buy them - and much more than just G1 accuracy because honestly, MPs scratch that itch for me. If I want to play with a G1 accurate Sideswipe or Hound, I have MP Lambor and will eventually have MP Hound when that comes out for that.

This is not good enough, in 2018, for a figure that doesn't also have to support a third mode like POTP Screamer, which also uses a chunky Cybertronian design and should be able to better hide its bulk.
Wow. Looks like I'll be sticking to my Fall of Cybertron Seekers then. :eek:

Brunt!

CHILENO20
5th October 2018, 09:58 PM
Sold on Refraktor, Shockwave, Skytread & Brunt, the rest, meh.

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2018, 09:59 PM
Takara's TF site has been updated with an official page for Siege
https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tf_sg

doublespy
5th October 2018, 10:14 PM
It’s pretty obvious the ‘bot modes are the priority here, which I kinda dig them all.

Megatron has a very nice sculpt overall that’s full of personality. Shockwave and Soundwave are too G1 for me to not get. Reflector is a must too. I can’t beleive John Warden talked the bean counters into making some of these ones.:p

I really like the seeker bot mode, and the way they made the tetra jet nose cone split to resemble the F15 intakes is quite smart. The undercarriage is disappointing but I love the tetra jet design, and this may be the first Chug style seeker mold I get since the original Classics.

Oh it looks like Soundwave should be able to pull off the street lamp mode which I’ll be displaying him in...

dirge
5th October 2018, 10:17 PM
Laying down robot holding accessories overhead?

Sorry, 'space ship'

So... it's a "thingamajig".

Hmm. Now... the question becomes... do I want to pay what is essentially a leader price for a CHUG Reflector that has all three bots and will scale with other G1 Decepticons? Because I don't think I want one on it's own.

:confused:

Lint
5th October 2018, 10:30 PM
Universe Galvatron, is that you?

https://i.imgur.com/FW4qgIt.jpg

Look on the bright side, you'll get that Tetrajet gerwalk-mode you never knew you wanted.

Galvatran
6th October 2018, 07:35 PM
Phew... My left kidney breathes a sigh of relief.

Agree. The first Underbelly tv miniseries was good. They should have stopped there.

Thurmus
7th October 2018, 12:34 AM
Takara's TF site has been updated with an official page for Siege
https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tf_sg

Are the red and grey cars mating?

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2018, 01:29 AM
Are the red and grey cars mating?
Apparently it's a combined weapon mode.

griffin
7th October 2018, 10:41 PM
Is it not enough that Transformers toys have just two modes any more, where the gimmick is "transforming".... that they need to give it an extra gimmick (to sell it to retailers), that often ruins the engineering or adds kibble... or like in this case, creates a totally messed up combined form.

fatbot
8th October 2018, 05:05 PM
Do we have release dates for wave 1 yet?

Bidoofdude
8th October 2018, 05:40 PM

A lot of people over on TFW seem to believe wave 1 is coming really soon. POTP only has the Novastar wave before it is complete, so probably isn’t too far away.

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th October 2018, 10:50 PM

Takara have their releases starting on feb, considering how Hasbro POTP have been at least a couple of months ahead, I'd assume it'll be sooner rather than later

griffin
9th October 2018, 09:56 AM
The last couple of years have had January releases of the new toylines, with early releases in some countries just before Christmas.

SharkyMcShark
10th October 2018, 04:52 PM
The last couple of years have had January releases of the new toylines, with early releases in some countries just before Christmas.

I have a very distinct memory of Titans Return reaching us in the middle of 2016, though I'm not sure how far behind the rest of the world we were with that.

BigTransformerTrev
11th October 2018, 07:59 AM

Yeah, the Titanium WW Tetrajets were far superior. Their heads were just a bit small.

Starscream in robot REALLY looks like he does in the new Bbee trailer. I wonder if this is the idea behind ‘Seige of Cybertron’ - that it’s showing all the battle damaged bots left back on their home planet

griffin
15th October 2018, 09:24 PM
Leaked images of Optimus and Megatron in packaging (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/12/war-for-cybertron-siege-voyager-optimus-prime-and-megatron-in-package-images-374089).

Also, some new Amazon listings (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/11/transformers-siege-additional-deluxe-class-listings-barricade-374078) that confirm some names, and reveal a new character (Barricade).

Deluxe Mirage (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07JBBGHX T%2F) “fan vote Autobot”
Deluxe Impactor (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07JCG8KS R%2F) “fan vote Decepticon” – these two listings seem to confirm individual releases and not a two pack which was somewhat implied by the original fan vote.
Deluxe Red Alert (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07J9JCX8 M) – hinted at in official artwork and seen in promotional renders of Brunt
Deluxe Barricade (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07JBBH95 R%2F) – a new reveal
Deluxe Brunt (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07JW4CCJ 8) – seen at New York Comic Con
Deluxe Reflector / Refraktor (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=transformers-20&creative=9325&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07JCDCJ4 F) – seen at New York Comic Con. Buy three to make the camera mode.

Dan
16th October 2018, 12:01 AM
I have TR Trypticon, so I guess that means I'll need to get Brunt. Besides, I'm not averse to 'parts-formers' and rather like the notion of a bot who disintegrates into weapons for his comrades. :)

A lot of these look stylistically cool except, I'm not sold on the battle damage thing. I've never liked 'pre-distressed' clothing and I think it's annoying in Transformers too.

Bidoofdude
18th October 2018, 07:14 PM
Decepticon Impactor. Oof.

SuspectimusPrime
19th October 2018, 10:38 AM
Huge nostalgic value on those Micromasters.

I wonder if their currently needless combining gimmick will lead to Micromaster Combiners a year or two from now? I'd love to get Sixliner and Sixtrain.

DELTAprime
19th October 2018, 08:03 PM
Huge nostalgic value on those Micromasters.

I wonder if their currently needless combining gimmick will lead to Micromaster Combiners a year or two from now? I'd love to get Sixliner and Sixtrain.

I was thinking the combining would lead to the Hasbro 1990 Micromaster Combiners coming in the future, but the Takara 6 Micromaster Combiner teams would be even cooler.

griffin
21st October 2018, 12:47 AM
Packaging images (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/17/war-for-cybertron-siege-micro-masters-battle-patrol-air-strike-patrol-race-car-patrol-in-package-images-374321) for those first wave of Micromasters... which looks really nice.

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2018, 10:30 AM
I have a very distinct memory of Titans Return reaching us in the middle of 2016
May (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=523773) 2016 (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22930)

griffin
23rd October 2018, 08:01 PM
Packaging image of Sideswipe (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/21/war-for-cybertron-siege-deluxe-sideswipe-packaging-374451)... and, a gallery of Skytread (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/22/war-for-cybertron-siege-deluxe-skytread-in-hand-images-374533) (the homage to Flywheels). It is a more accurate Duocon to Gen1 with no individual robot modes (that Battleslash/Roadtrap had)... but the pairs can mix and match, with the same combining point.

griffin
1st November 2018, 11:16 AM
Another European convention and another Hasbro presentation (this time in Italy) has revealed three more new toys... this time for War For Cybertron - Prowl, Sixgun and Pterxadon.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/31/lucca-c-g-2018-hasbro-transformers-siege-reveals-sixgun-and-prowl-375582
And official images were released soon after.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/31/pteraxadon-prowl-and-sixgun-official-transformers-pics-from-lucca-cg-2018-375630

It's interesting to see that the WFC toys have release numbers too, like Japanese Transformers.

Tober
1st November 2018, 11:20 AM
They look okay. Not sold on them yet although Prowl is a favourite of mine.

SuspectimusPrime
1st November 2018, 11:22 AM
When they were first announced, I was quite torn between two different iterations for third party Sixgun options. Glad I held out and did not go with either as I really like the look of this official one that I never saw coming. Being such a specific character and knowing that not every collector has a Metroplex, I really wonder how Sixgun made it to production at all.

DELTAprime
1st November 2018, 01:06 PM
I had to have a little laugh at Prowl's alt mode. It's clearly based on a Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Safety Car. Nice, but I'm still not going to replace my Henkei Prowl.

SuspectimusPrime
1st November 2018, 02:51 PM
Had to look at Sixgun again, thought something looks odd. Depending on how you parts-form him, it looks like "Eightgun" or even "Tengun" might be more appropriate names for him :p

SharkyMcShark
1st November 2018, 02:54 PM
Prowl is probably a no for me. Sixgun I was quite taken with until I saw the arms just hanging off the side of VTOL mode. Big time miss me with that.

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st November 2018, 06:31 PM
Do we think that Sixgun will work with Metroplex in alt-mode/s?

BigTransformerTrev
1st November 2018, 07:47 PM
When they were first announced, I was quite torn between two different iterations for third party Sixgun options. Glad I held out and did not go with either as I really like the look of this official one that I never saw coming. Being such a specific character and knowing that not every collector has a Metroplex, I really wonder how Sixgun made it to production at all.

Same. Considering Sixgun actually was in an ep of S3 I wondered if he would get an official showing.

I used to spend so much on getting Funpub figures that I thought would never get the Generations treatment (like Krok and Elita-1). But now looks like if ya wait long enough every G1 character is gonna get an outing :)

griffin
1st November 2018, 09:11 PM
Do we think that Sixgun will work with Metroplex in alt-mode/s?

I hope that Sixgun, Cog and Brunt are all compatible with their larger Titans in some way... as that would be a cool (bonus) reverse compatible element to them.

Bidoofdude
1st November 2018, 09:18 PM
Prowl is honestly a bit disappointing. Although I like his car mode, the robot seems really bland and plain. Reminds me of the one step (etc) aesthetic. He needs reprolabels or something. Sixgun looks amazing, I was thinking he would be a straight up Cog repaint but I am wrong.

I hope that Sixgun, Cog and Brunt are all compatible with their larger Titans in some way... as that would be a cool (bonus) reverse compatible element to them.

Someone on TFW or here pointed out there is a slot on Trypticon's base mode, near the incline that could hold Brunt. Likely wishful thinking though.

It seems like they are going for a colour match on Sixgun and Cog, so fingers crossed.

Autocon
2nd November 2018, 02:03 AM
Anyone else think that prowls chest looks like a platypus bill

Cant unsee

CHILENO20
2nd November 2018, 06:40 AM
Anyone else think that prowls chest looks like a platypus bill

Cant unsee

Looks a lot like Kenzan

KELPIE
2nd November 2018, 11:24 AM
Had to look at Sixgun again, thought something looks odd. Depending on how you parts-form him, it looks like "Eightgun" or even "Tengun" might be more appropriate names for him :p
Does he break down more than this?

https://i.imgur.com/E1TUobw.png

But now looks like if ya wait long enough every G1 character is gonna get an outing :)

Hurry up Autobot Targetmasters, Slapdash, Seacons and Triggerbot/cons :(

DELTAprime
2nd November 2018, 03:34 PM
But now looks like if ya wait long enough every G1 character is gonna get an outing :)

God I hope you're right. I've been wanting a full set of G1 characters in CHUG form for so long and we seem to get tantalizingly closer with every line HasTak produce.

But as much as I want all characters from US, JP and EU G1 I have my doubts we will get every JP and EU character.

SharkyMcShark
2nd November 2018, 03:48 PM
Video reviews for Optimus and Megatron are trickling out.

Optimus looks like a gem. The figure looks in every way like a scaled down and simplified Maketoys Striker Manus, but in an entirely positive way. It looks to have a lot of really fun mass shifting in the transformation.

Megatron also looking sharp with a quite involved transformation for a (kinda) H tank design. I wish the feet tucked away more in the alt mode, but oh well.

I'm enjoying once again having a CHUG line that doesn't have to make sacrifices to parts count for gimmick reasons.

SuspectimusPrime
2nd November 2018, 04:46 PM
Does he break down more than this?

Counting 8 guns in that photo. Looking at the below photo with his parts combined to Ironhide, it looks like each of his legs separate into 2 guns each leg (a canon and a laser?).

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2018/10/Sixgun_X-sell_IronHide_a-sm.jpg

FatalityPitt
2nd November 2018, 10:30 PM
I was going to just get Cog, but given that I don't have TR Fort Max but instead have a T30 Metroplex, it would make a bit more sense to buy Six Gun. Also, Six Gun's alt-mode looks cooler. I like VTOL aircrafts. I hope the transformation doesn't involve parts-forming.

griffin
3rd November 2018, 06:37 PM
The first wave is already known, but a toy dealer on TFW has posted up the case assortments/ratios (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/02/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-siege-2019-wave-1-case-breakdown-375759) that we will be seeing in stores... to fight over (fortunately all but Micromasters are equally packed, so it will only come down to popularity of certain characters disappearing first).

Wave 1 Battlemasters

4x Blowpipe
4x Lionizer
4x Firedrive

Wave 1 Micromasters

2x Decepticon Airstrike
3x Autobot Race Car Patrol
3x Autobot Battle Patrol

Wave 1 Deluxe

2x Sideswipe
2x Flywheels
2x Cog
2x Hound

Wave 1 Voyager

1x Megatron
1x Optimus Prime

DELTAprime
5th November 2018, 04:16 PM
Do any online dealers have Siege toys in stock yet? Thinking of doing a little shopping.

griffin
5th November 2018, 09:13 PM
They should be showing up at online stores by now as they have just started showing up in America (Battlemasters found at a Target in Washington state (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/04/siege-battle-masters-wave-1-found-at-us-retail-375843)).

griffin
6th November 2018, 06:17 PM
Some really nice official images for the Leaders (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/05/war-for-cybertron-siege-wave-1-leader-class-ultra-magnus-shockwave-packaging-375883), Shockwave and Ultra Magnus, have been found (in and out of packaging).

I'm still not sold on the "super" mode Shockwave, but if the Leader gimmick (to sell these to Retailers) is to have an exosuit or add on parts to give them a super mode (like the POTP Leaders, and Ultra Magnus), having one that doesn't really work for me isn't a deal-breaker for this toyline.
Just like the Combiner teams - it can be a bonus element to combine them, but you don't have to, and it is still a "complete" toy (converting to a decent alt-mode) if you never combine them.

BigTransformerTrev
7th November 2018, 04:20 PM
Hurry up Autobot Targetmasters, Slapdash, Seacons and Triggerbot/cons :(

Well Takara did do an Override. And Funpub did Ruckus and Windsweeper. None of them with a Triggerbot/Con gimmick though sadly.

Some really nice official images for the Leaders (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/05/war-for-cybertron-siege-wave-1-leader-class-ultra-magnus-shockwave-packaging-375883), Shockwave and Ultra Magnus, have been found (in and out of packaging).

I always liked the look of RID(01) Magnus as a Car Carrier so cool to see that version of his alt-mode getting an outing combined with a G1-looking bot. As for Shockwave, yeah the backpack looks crap but I am freaking loving that alt-mode of his!

GoktimusPrime
8th November 2018, 12:44 AM
Am I the only one not feeling the try hard battle damage deco? Ultra Magnus looks like he's been defecated on by a flock of pigeons.

Omega Metro
8th November 2018, 09:50 AM
Am I the only one not feeling the try hard battle damage deco? Ultra Magnus looks like he's been defecated on by a flock of pigeons.

It’s awful. It looks like they are suffering from some form of Cybertronian rash.:D

Vairn
8th November 2018, 10:48 AM

Thank Primus for Rubbing Alcohol, it will take that paint right off!

DELTAprime
8th November 2018, 01:10 PM

I plan to get out some 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean up mine when I get them. They look terrible in the in-hand videos and pictures fans are posting.

Paulbot
8th November 2018, 01:20 PM
I mentioned this to ehreek when I saw him at lunchtime, but it's worth flagging that Ultra Magnus's combined form is a little less impressive to me when you see it side by side and see that it's a voyager toy with some armour attached (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/siege-wave-1-leader-packaging.1163084/page-8#post-16284066).

reillyd
8th November 2018, 05:31 PM
I plan to get out some 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean up mine when I get them. They look terrible in the in-hand videos and pictures fans are posting.

If you do Delta, please consider posting photos of it. I'd like to do that myself, but don't know if its going to ruin the plastic or even work.

KELPIE
9th November 2018, 10:22 AM
I mentioned this to ehreek when I saw him at lunchtime, but it's worth flagging that Ultra Magnus's combined form is a little less impressive to me when you see it side by side and see that it's a voyager toy with some armour attached (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/siege-wave-1-leader-packaging.1163084/page-8#post-16284066).

Looks good to me, I like that they're in scale.

griffin
11th November 2018, 09:55 PM
It looks like at NYCC last month, Hasbro had a number of invited fan media do an unboxing of Siege toys, to release to their fansites at a later date... and with the release of the toys (maybe earlier than planned), the fansites are now allowed to post up their reviews and photo galleries.
TFW's can be seen here (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/11/transformers-war-for-cybertron-siege-unboxing-event-from-nycc-2018-376270).
Seibertron's can be seen here (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/unboxing-event-gallery-and-video-for-transformers-war-for-cybertron-siege-nycc-2018/42393/).

bowspearer
19th November 2018, 12:33 PM
It’s awful. It looks like they are suffering from some form of Cybertronian rash.:D

Alternately, they look like their exterior has been scratched up pretty badly in parts. Short of having chunks of plastic ripped out of panels, I'm honestly not sure how they could have achieved the battle damage look any more effectively. That said, some scorching wouldn't have gone astray either.

Eddielai2002
5th January 2019, 12:15 AM
When are we going to see siege line in Australia. Most particularly for me Sydney

philby
16th January 2019, 09:42 PM
When are we going to see siege line in Australia. Most particularly for me Sydney

I think they have started to appear based on FB posts seen recently

Sinnertwin
17th January 2019, 03:48 PM
If you do Delta, please consider posting photos of it. I'd like to do that myself, but don't know if its going to ruin the plastic or even work.

I've seen members on FB clean up a few like Sideswipe & Prime. I think it looks so much better, with no visible damage to the figures.