PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - Shatter (Power Plus Series)

GoktimusPrime
25th October 2018, 12:01 AM
SHATTER
Series – Bumblebee
Size/class - Power Plus Series
New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Dropkick
Wave - 2
Released here – Not yet
Approximate Retail Price - $29
Approximate Size - 11.5cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode – Plymouth Satelitte^Chevrolet Camaro w/ exposed engine
Main Features/Gimmicks – Energon Igniter motor
Main Colours – red & black
Main Accessories – Energon Igniter motor

stock image because ceebs to take photos
https://image.ibb.co/bTdTgV/temp.jpg

Note: This toy is a redeco of Dropkick (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25895); see the review thread for thoughts about the core mould.

Most of this toy is a straight up repaint of Dropkick. The only mould change is the head/chest section, which appears to be sculpted with Shatter's battle mask down. The main improvement on this toy is that it comes with an Energon Igniter motor. The down side is that the motor is weak as. My 31 year old Throttlebots roll better than this thing. And of course, it's going to cost $29. Yyyeeeaaahh... no. As fun as the Energon Igniter gimmick may be, the toy simply doesn't justify its asking price.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_shoulders.gif

TaZZerath
25th October 2018, 10:50 AM
Shattered expectations huh? :cool:

The Bumblebee toyline is really shaping up to be a solid miss overall for me I think...

GoktimusPrime
25th October 2018, 12:28 PM
Shattered expectations huh? :cool:
Eeeeeyyyyy! :D Since I already own Dropkick I knew what to expect. At least she comes with a motor. Also, this was a freebie for me (whereas Dropkick was a waste of $15 :p) - the toy's not out in stores yet. Not that anyone's missing out on anything great. :p

The two best Bumblebee toys I've seen so far have been:
* Legends Class Bumblebee; a super nice legends figure that's also compatible with the Energon Igniter gimmick. Both the Camaro and VW Bumblebees are great figures.
* Studio Series 18; a much cheaper version of MPM7 that's loads better value for money.
Legends Optimus Prime is already pretty decent and I guess Barricade looks okay. But yeah, the line as a whole hasn't enthused me. And a lot of the simpler Bumblebee toys for little kids are still really tabby and surprisingly unforgiving in transforming. Fine for older collectors, but a strange thing to do on toys which are meant to be simplified for small kids. Odd.

Tha_Phantom
25th October 2018, 12:43 PM
Eeeeeyyyyy! :D Since I already own Dropkick I knew what to expect. At least she comes with a motor. Also, this was a freebie for me (whereas Dropkick was a waste of $15 :p) - the toy's not out in stores yet. Not that anyone's missing out on anything great. :p

The two best Bumblebee toys I've seen so far have been:
* Legends Class Bumblebee; a super nice legends figure that's also compatible with the Energon Igniter gimmick. Both the Camaro and VW Bumblebees are great figures.
* Studio Series 18; a much cheaper version of MPM7 that's loads better value for money.
Legends Optimus Prime is already pretty decent and I guess Barricade looks okay. But yeah, the line as a whole hasn't enthused me. And a lot of the simpler Bumblebee toys for little kids are still really tabby and surprisingly unforgiving in transforming. Fine for older collectors, but a strange thing to do on toys which are meant to be simplified for small kids. Odd.

Yeah the legends figures seem to be the stars of this movie 6 line so far - and SS Bee of course.