PDA

View Full Version : First look at Studio Series DOTM Megatron, ROTF Jetfire and... Constructicons

griffin
26th October 2018, 11:06 PM
A convention on in the UK at the moment had a display by Hasbro that included two new Studio Series toys (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/studio-series-leader-class-dark-of-the-moon-megatron-and-revenge-of-the-fallen-jetfire-revealed/42296/) - Dark of the Moon Megatron (tanker truck) and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire.
Both are said to be Leader class, with Jetfire having an axe and Megatron having a fabric cowl.

And leaked through one of the usual Chinese sources, the cover of an instruction booklet (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/voyager-long-haul-possibly-coming-to-transformers-studio-series-as-ss42/42291/) for SS-42 Voyager Long Haul.

With leaked listings that have several other Constructicons to be released in the Studio Series, it has been suggested (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/studio-series-devastator-in-2020-rumor.1162399/) that the Studio Series Constructicons could be designed to combine into Devastator.

Omega Metro
26th October 2018, 11:13 PM
I sold off my original figures (which I regret) of these 3 so very happy to get some new versions.

Magnus
27th October 2018, 12:37 AM
I'm hoping Megatron turns out to be a leader class. I've wanted DotM leader Megatron with his shotgun and a cloth cloak since the movie came out.

Jetfire looks interesting, but I want to see more photos of him. Like other Studio Series figures, he'll likely be based on the final animation model rather than being based on concept art, and not having an electronics pack or (possibly) needing to combine with Optimus will work in the figure's favour.

griffin
27th October 2018, 08:13 AM
Meanwhile, over in Paris (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/26/paris-comic-con-2018-hasbro-panel-studio-series-new-reveals-leader-class-jetfire-voyager-bonecrusher-rotf-jetwing-optimus-prime-374823), Hasbro are participating in another convention at the same time, showing off ROTF Jetfire with two more toys - ROTF Voyager Optimus (remoulded to be able to combine with Jetfire) and Voyager Bonecrusher.
They also released official promo images of the three (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/26/transformers-studio-series-optimus-prime-and-bonecrusher-official-images-374864), which are only computer generated, so don't give us a lot of detail. (it also erroneously notes Optimus as "Transformers", when it should be "Revenge of the Fallen", since it combines with Jetfire)
The presentation notes these as wave 1, so might be scheduled for release in January (as wave 1 of 2019).

SharkyMcShark
27th October 2018, 11:39 AM
I'm.... I'm gonna need a bigger shelf.:D

BigTransformerTrev
27th October 2018, 04:43 PM
A convention on in the UK at the moment had a display by Hasbro that included two new Studio Series toys (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/studio-series-leader-class-dark-of-the-moon-megatron-and-revenge-of-the-fallen-jetfire-revealed/42296/) - Dark of the Moon Megatron (tanker truck) and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire.
Both are said to be Leader class, with Jetfire having an axe and Megatron having a fabric cowl.

And leaked through one of the usual Chinese sources, the cover of an instruction booklet (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/voyager-long-haul-possibly-coming-to-transformers-studio-series-as-ss42/42291/) for SS-42 Voyager Long Haul.

With leaked listings that have several other Constructicons to be released in the Studio Series, it has been suggested (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/studio-series-devastator-in-2020-rumor.1162399/) that the Studio Series Constructicons could be designed to combine into Devastator.

Hmmmm, I really liked DOTM Megs, but that one is looking a little too Mad-Max for me, his spikes weren’t that massive. Will have to see it in person to decide.

Interesting about Long Haul. I thought he looked great in ROTF - easily the best Constructicon by a long shot - so would’ve good to see what the finished product looks like

griffin
27th October 2018, 08:32 PM
The link I posted in my last posting (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/26/transformers-studio-series-optimus-prime-and-bonecrusher-official-images-374864) has been updated with full size official images of both modes. Still just CG images though, but comes with official promo blurbs, telling us the SS numbers of those three toys...

Transformers Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 Bonecrusher Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 BONECRUSHER figure converts from robot to General Dynamics Buffalo MPCV mode in 33 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and a detailed claw attached to the figure that’s modeled after the one BONECRUSHER uses to thrash at his enemies in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where BONECRUSHER tackles OPTIMUS PRIME off a highway overpass, viciously thrashing at his enemy with his razor-sharp claw. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 Optimus Prime Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 OPTIMUS PRIME figure converts from robot to truck mode in 37 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and includes a detailed weapon accessory – a blaster weapon accessory modeled after the weapon OPTIMUS PRIME uses in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where OPTIMUS PRIME waits for the perfect moment to strike as he fends off the ferocious BONECRUSHER on a highway underpass. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 35 Leader Class Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jetfire Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 35 Voyager Class JETFIRE figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to jet mode in 36 steps. The 8.5-inch figure includes 3 detailed accessories including cane and battle axe accessories. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Pyramid Desert Battle scene where JETFIRE makes the ultimate sacrifice, heroically giving up his parts to restore and strengthen OPTIMUS PRIME. Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME! (Sold separately. Subject to availability.) Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2018, 09:42 PM
Time to sell my ROTF Leader OP and Jetfire! :eek:

Tober
27th October 2018, 10:09 PM
Interesting to see that this line is still going strong.

I will need to see Jetfire's SR-71 jet mode and combined mode before I commit to a purchase though.

C'mon RotF Studio Series Ravage! :cool:

Autocon
27th October 2018, 11:42 PM
Interesting to see that this line is still going strong.

I will need to see Jetfire's SR-71 jet mode and combined mode before I commit to a purchase though.

C'mon RotF Studio Series Ravage! :cool:

Dont forget rotf soundwave! The best soundwave of the movies

Handsprime
28th October 2018, 01:54 AM
Bonecrusher <3 <3 <3

Autocon
28th October 2018, 02:24 AM
They couldnt have done the ss series without bonecrusher

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2018, 11:07 AM
Voilà, monsieur. :)
http://bwtf.com/news/studioseries-paris-comiccon-reveals?fbclid=IwAR02JCRASOlVhlIvv-4KoW8WLrcGv3cBg52k9N_bQ9w6dg9WhtaUYiNyv4g

griffin
28th October 2018, 11:21 PM
Back at the London ComicCon (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/studio-series-long-haul-cogman-shatter-scrap-metal-and-rampage-revealed-at-mcm-london-comiccon/42306/), more Studio Series toys have been revealed in the display case - Constructicons Rampage, Longhaul and Scrapmetal, Shatter from the Bumblebee Movie, and Cogman (looks to just be a redeco of the TF5 toy).

SharkyMcShark
29th October 2018, 01:48 AM
Oh my gosh these are looking incredible.

Edit: there's a grey prototype of something that looks like devaststor hanging around. This line will send me broke. It might surpass rotf/hftd as my favourite series.

griffin
29th October 2018, 06:53 AM
Yep... the Hasbro panel revealed the rumoured Devastator, and a prototype.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/28/mcm-comic-con-london-transformers-studio-series-devastator-revealed-375425

And official images of the newer reveals...
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/28/transformers-studio-series-shatter-cogman-scrapmetal-rampage-long-haul-official-images-375457

Very exciting.

FruitBuyer
29th October 2018, 10:46 AM
Damn Studio Series is going full steam ahead. There is no stopping this hype train.

UltraMarginal
29th October 2018, 05:00 PM
this is exciting!!

he Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons were a great update to the originals for the movie universe. (Devastator not so much) but the thought that these combine and are much more screen accurate in bot mode, and that theres' the entire team, which is something we've not yet seen outside of legends class, I'm pretty stoked for.

Bonecrusher and Megatron have finally received the larger figures they've always deserved as well.

My Dark of the moon optimus jetfire two pack is still sealed after all these years, I wonder if I should just sell the set and wait for the Studio Series versions. I just never got around to opening them. but still kind of want to experience the moulds. at least once.

griffin
29th October 2018, 08:10 PM
The official product blurbs at one of the links I had in my last post...

Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE Movie Shatter Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The 4.5-inch Studio Series 40 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE SHATTER figure converts between robot and 1971 Plymouth GTX in 23 steps. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE. Removable backdrop displays SHATTER figure in the DECEPTICON Arrival scene from TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE when SHATTER arrives on Earth in 1987. Fans can use the backdrop and pose their figure in the scene with their own style. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 37 Voyager Class TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Movie Constructicon Rampage Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The 6.5-inch Studio Series 37 Voyager Class Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen-inspired CONSTRUCTICON RAMPAGE figure converts from robot to bulldozer mode in 22 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON RAMPAGE in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene. Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and 2 detailed hand blaster accessories. In the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, CONSTRUCTICON RAMPAGE, the left foot of DEVASTATOR, lures Sam Witwicky into a trap to force him to give up the Matrix Of Leadership. Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 42 Voyager Class TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Movie Constructicon Long Haul Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The 6.5-inch Studio Series 42 Voyager Class TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN-inspired CONSTRUCTICON LONG HAUL figure converts from robot to dump truck mode in 21 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON LONG HAUL in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene. Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco. In the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, the CONSTRUCTICON LONG HAUL combines with 7 of his CONSTRUCTICON comrades to form the brutal DEVASTATOR combiner. Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 39 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Movie Cogman Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The 4.5-inch Studio Series 39 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT COGMAN figure converts from robot to car mode in 19 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase COGMAN in the London Escape scene. Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and detailed accessories. Imagine the scene when, as COGMAN speeds through the streets of London, he remembers to tell Sir Edmund Burton that Agnes called for a snuggle. Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 41 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Movie Constructicon Scrapmetal Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The 4.5-inch Studio Series 41 Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL figure converts from robot to vehicle mode in 24 steps. Remove backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene. Figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and detailed accessories. In the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, the CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL combines with 7 of his CONSTRUCTICON comrades to form the brutal DEVASTATOR combiner. Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

That's eight Constructicons to form Devastator... and if Voyager Long Haul is just the right leg, this thing is going to be big. (the prototype looks a little small)

philby
29th October 2018, 10:05 PM
will it have an articulated scrotum? that was the main focus of movie devastator.

Galvatran
29th October 2018, 10:16 PM
will it have an articulated scrotum? that was the main focus of movie devastator.
That would raise the bar.

Autocon
30th October 2018, 12:05 AM
Very interested in the devy combiner. They look great in both modes.

AJ_Prime
30th October 2018, 12:23 AM

I see what your did there ;)

FruitBuyer
30th October 2018, 08:59 AM

I doubt HasTak has the balls to do it.

BigTransformerTrev
30th October 2018, 10:34 AM
this is exciting!!

he Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons were a great update to the originals for the movie universe. (Devastator not so much) but the thought that these combine and are much more screen accurate in bot mode, and that theres' the entire team, which is something we've not yet seen outside of legends class, I'm pretty stoked .

Yeah since I already have a huge ROTF Deve I’m just going to pick up any Constructicons I don’t have like Scrapmetal. I was thinking of grabbing another Long Haul but the one I’ve already got is pretty sweet

Galvatran
30th October 2018, 12:22 PM
It would give TF fans a real lift.

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2018, 12:24 PM
Aaaaand my Combiner Class Devastator just became utterly redundant. I might as well sell it now - won't get much for it, but that toy will become practically worthless after SS comes out (it was always a rather worthless rubbish toy, but soon even more so!)

Heinlad. ;)

UltraMarginal
30th October 2018, 02:56 PM
Aaaaand my Combiner Class Devastator just became utterly redundant. I might as well sell it now - won't get much for it, but that toy will become practically worthless after SS comes out (it was always a rather worthless rubbish toy, but soon even more so!)

Heinlad. ;)

do it now, complete ones are still selling for over $100 on ebay.

SharkyMcShark
30th October 2018, 07:08 PM
I'll buy it for three fiddy? (*$3.50)

Galvatran
30th October 2018, 07:49 PM
That Chilli Peppers song. :D

SMHFConvoy
30th October 2018, 08:04 PM
Don't really care for the bayverse constructions but that longhaul... :)

SharkyMcShark
2nd November 2018, 03:22 PM
I have not been this excited for a mainline release in ages

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReports/posts/783149042035525

Dropkick looks INCREDIBLE. I love that there's barely any unused mass from the vehicle mode. No bulky backpack or anything. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Sutton
3rd November 2018, 08:46 AM

Dropkick looks INCREDIBLE. I love that there's barely any unused mass from the vehicle mode. No bulky backpack or anything. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

That is a sweet transformation scheme...

griffin
3rd November 2018, 06:32 PM
The first wave for 2019 has been revealed (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/02/transformers-studio-series-2019-case-list-375750) from an unknown dealer listing that matches up with everything we already knew, but includes the DOTM tanker truck Megatron (which Japanese listings suggest that it could include an Igor figurine).

Deluxe Class:

WWII Bumblebee (Transformers: The Last Knight)
Sideswipe (Transformers: Dark Of The Moon)
Barricade (Transformers 2007)
Crankcase (Transformers: Dark Of The Moon)
Clunker Bumblebee (Transformers 2007)

Voyager Class:

Optimus Prime (Transformers 2007)
Bonecrusher (Transformers 2007)

Leader Class:

Jetfire (Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen)
Megatron (Transformers: Dark Of The Moon)

Tober
3rd November 2018, 10:28 PM
Dropkick video review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBklhVKqxDs&fbclid=IwAR0WQjalLOAtGUMKq1aOWjezpaMoOct1dot4VSspL dVcGZPqirB9rdhSk5g)

griffin
4th November 2018, 01:23 AM
With the newest reveals, I've done up this Studio Series checklist...

- SS-00 (no SS number?) (TF6) Bumblebee Showcase Helmet (Auto - remould TF2 Helmet) (Target excl? in US - OUT SEPT? - NOT HERE)
- SS-01 (TF1) Bumblebee (Auto DLX - 60s Camaro - heavy remould TF5 w3 Bumblebee)
- SS-01 (TF1) Bumblebee (Auto DLX - minor "rusty" redeco SS-01) (Taobao China freebie excl - OUT MAY - NOT HERE)
- SS-01 (TF1) Bumblebee (Auto DLX - minor "rusty" redeco SS-01) (TRU Singapore freebie excl - OUT SEPT - NOT HERE)
- SS-02 (TF4) Decepticon Stinger (Decep DLX - sports car - new)
- SS-03 (TF3) Crowbar (Decep DLX - SUV - new)
- SS-04 (TF1) Autobot Ratchet (Auto DLX - rescue vehicle - new)
- SS-05 (TF2) Optimus Prime (Auto VOY - truck - new)
- SS-06 (TF1) Starscream (Decep VOY - fighter jet - new)
- SS-07 (TF4) Grimlock (Auto LDR - T-rex - new)
- SS-08 (TF1) Decepticon Blackout w/ Scorponok (Decep LDR - helicopter w/ scorpion - new)
- SS-08 (TF1) Decepticon Blackout w/ Scorponok (Decep LDR - camo redeco SS-08) (Taobao China freebie excl - OUT MAY - NOT HERE)
- SS-09 (TF3) Thundercracker (Decep VOY - redeco TF5 Nitro) (TRU in US - OUT JULY - TRU HERE JULY $60)
- SS-10 (TF1) Autobot Jazz (Auto DLX - sports car - new)
- SS-11 (TF4) Lockdown (Decep DLX - sports car - new)
- SS-12 (TF1) Decepticon Brawl (Decep VOY - tank - new)
- SS-13 (TF2) Megatron (Decep VOY - Cybertronian tank - new)
- SS-14 (TF1) Autobot Ironhide (Auto VOY - pickup truck - new)
- SS-15 (TF6) Bumblebee (Auto DLX - minor redeco SS-01 w/ add-on parts) w/ Charlie Watson (figurine) (Was to be TRU excl in US - OUT? - NOT HERE)
- SS-16 (TF3) Autobot Ratchet (Auto DLX - rescue vehicle - redeco SS-04)
- SS-17 (TF4) Shadow Raider (Decep DLX - sports car - orange redeco SS-11)
- SS-18 (TF6) Bumblebee (Auto DLX - VW - new)
- SS-19 (TF6) Bumblebee Vol1 Retro Rock Garage (Auto DLX - gold deco SS-01) w/ Diaru (Auto - JP Gen1 Dino cassette) & Uruaz (Decep - redeco JP Gen1 Dino cassette) (SDCC in US - OUT JULY - NOT HERE)
- SS-20 (TF6) Bumblebee Vol2 Retro Pop Highway (Auto DLX - gold deco SS-18) w/ Uraid (Decep - redeco JP Gen1 Dino cassette) & Zauru (Auto - JP Gen1 Dino cassette) (Entertainment Earth in US - OUT NOV - NOT HERE)
- SS-21 (TF2) Starscream (Decep VOY - fighter jet - redeco SS-06)
- SS-22 (TF6) Dropkick (Decep DLX - helicopter - new)
- SS-23 (TF4) KSI Sentry (Decep DLX - sports car -blue redeco SS-02)
- SS-24 (TF6) & SS-25 (TF5) Bumblebee Then & Now 2-pack (Auto DLX - minor redeco SS-18 & minor redeco TF5 w3 Bumblebee) (unknown excl in US - NOT OUT YET - NOT HERE)
- SS-26 (TF5) WWII Bumblebee (Auto DLX - armoured car - new)
- SS-27 (TF1) Clunker Bumblebee (Auto DLX - 60s Camaro - minor "rusty" redeco SS-1)
- SS-28 (TF1) Barricade (Decep DLX - police car - new)
- SS-29 (TF1) Sideswipe (Auto DLX - sports car - new)
- SS-30 (TF1) Crankcase (Decep DLX - muscle car - new)
- SS-31 - ????
- SS-32 (TF1) Optimus Prime (Auto VOY - truck - minor redeco SS-05 & minor mod to combine with SS-35)
- SS-33 (TF1) Bonecrusher (Decep VOY - minesweeper truck - new)
- SS-34 - ???? (could be DOTM Megatron tanker truck)
- SS-35 (TF2) Jetfire (Auto LDR - stealth jet - new) (can combine with SS-32)
- SS-36 (TF5) Autobot Drift (Auto DLX - redeco TF5 Drift) w/ Sharp-T (baby t-rex), Pterry (baby pteradon), Tops (baby triceratops) (Entertainment Earth in US - NOT OUT YET - NOT HERE)
- SS-37 (TF2) Constructicon Rampage (Decep VOY - bulldozer - new) (part of Devastator)
- SS-38 - ????
- SS-39 (TF1) Cogman (Auto DLX - sports car - minor redeco TF5 Cogman)
- SS-40 (TF1) Shatter (Decep DLX - muscle car - new)
- SS-41 (TF1) Constructicon Scrapmetal (Decep DLX - power shovel - new) (part of Devastator)
- SS-42 (TF2) Constructicon Long Haul (Decep VOY - dumptruck - new) (part of Devastator)

G1Optimal
4th November 2018, 02:20 PM
- SS-35 (TF2) Jetfire (Auto LDR - stealth bomber - new) (can combine with SS-32)

Stealth Bomber???

More like Reconnaissance aircraft, unless its the YF-12 which is a Interceptor variant on the SR-71 Blackbird

griffin
4th November 2018, 03:02 PM
Fixed...

BigTransformerTrev
4th November 2018, 07:22 PM

Does look good, but since the character is a Triple-Changer I will be holding off in the vain hope they release a toy that does the same

griffin
8th November 2018, 08:32 PM
Another leaked image from China (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/07/transformers-studio-series-ss-34-dark-of-the-moon-megatron-packaging-375998) confirms that DOTM Megatron is numbered 34, and will come with a little Igor figurine.

SharkyMcShark
12th November 2018, 07:59 PM
Regarding the above list, there are persistent rumours floating about that SS-31 will be Dino/Mirage.

Galvatran
12th November 2018, 10:41 PM
Regarding the above list, there are persistent rumours floating about that SS-31 will be Dino/Mirage.
I'm not entirely convinced. Could it be a cock up?

griffin
16th December 2018, 06:56 PM
Official images from Amazon (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/11/additional-images-of-studio-series-ss-32-optimus-prime-ss-33-bonecrusher-ss-34-dark-of-the-moon-megatron-ss-35-jetfire-378649) of the next batch of larger sized Studio Series toys - SS-34 Leader DOTM Megatron, SS-32 Voyager Optimus, SS-35 Leader Jetfire, SS-33 Voyager Bonecrusher.

griffin
22nd December 2018, 02:08 PM
In-hand comparison images (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/21/transformers-studio-series-ss-32-optimus-prime-in-hand-images-379384) of the SS-32 Voyager Optimus with the SS-05 Voyager Optimus toy... showing the parts that have been redesigned (mostly the backpack kibble), and the tab holes added to have it combine with SS-35 Jetfire.

(I still don't know why SS-05 was packaged as ROTF Optimus, when this is the one that combines with Jetfire... and yet this one is going to be packaged as 2007 Movie Optimus.)

griffin
23rd December 2018, 06:05 PM
Early in-hand images (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/22/transformers-studio-series-ss-33-voyager-rampage-in-hand-images-379507) of SS-37 Voyager Rampage.

(it doesn't look like Rampage has any legs... which may be screen accurate, but will make it difficult to stand)

griffin
31st December 2018, 09:11 PM
More images of Rampage (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/30/transformers-studio-series-ss-41-scrapmetal-ss-37-rampage-in-hand-images-379866), with fellow Constructicon Scrapmetal.

Sinnertwin
31st December 2018, 09:16 PM
That DOTM Megatron is sublime.

I don't know why they insist on giving us more Bumblebee and Optimus toys though... yes, it's the movie, yada yada yada, but come. on.

griffin
8th January 2019, 09:32 PM
Another leaked image from China (http://news.tfw2005.com/2019/01/01/studio-series-ksi-boss-and-devastator-low-res-packaging-images-380003) confirms a set of 8 Constructicons in the Studio Series, to be released over the next two years.
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/010201.jpg

Hightower (2019)
Rampage (2019)
Scrapmetal (2019)
Longhaul (2019)
Overload (2020)
Scrapper (2020)
Mixmaster (2020)
Scavenger (2020)

That's one more than the Legends combiner, and two more than the big combiner toy from 2009.

Autocon
11th January 2019, 02:04 AM
Actually excited for this

griffin
3rd February 2019, 08:32 PM
One of the first Constructicons to be released will be Voyager Rampage, and an image of the toy in box has been found on ebay (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/02/transformers-studio-series-ss-37-voyager-revenge-of-the-fallen-rampage-in-package-images-382087)... so might be released soon, even though wave 5 Voyagers have only just been found globally (and we are still only on wave 2 in Australia - based on that poor release of Voyagers here, if you find affordable SS Voyagers online it is probably best to get them and not risk seeing if they ever show up here).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/020301.jpg

Based on the similar carpet in the photo, the Voyager Optimus from the Bumblebee Movie was also on ebay somewhere (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/02/transformers-studio-series-ss-38-bumblebee-movie-optimus-prime-packaging-images-382081).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/020302.jpg

griffin
7th March 2019, 09:12 PM
Another leaked promo image of Devastator (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/28/new-image-studio-series-devastator-384239), confirming the size classes of the eight toys.

- SS-41 - Scrapmetal (Deluxe - power shovel)
- Hightower (Deluxe - demolition crane)
- SS-37 - Rampage (Voyager - bulldozer)
- SS-42 - Long Haul (Voyager - dumptruck)
- Mixmaster (Voyager - cement mixer)
- Scrapper (Voyager - earthmover)
- Overload (Leader - dumptruck)
- Scavenger (Leader - power shovel)

SharkyMcShark
8th March 2019, 01:21 AM
I'm very much into it.

Rampage looks to be a slightly compromised figure, but Scrapmetal looks great.

I hope that we pick up distribution on the size classes above deluxe in Aus. As far as I'm aware we've still not had a release at voyager past wave 2.

griffin
24th March 2019, 05:49 PM
Jetfire apparently has a few extra features that the Hasbro Instructions left off, which TakaraTomy have included in theirs. The instructions are on their website here (https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_ss/ss-26), but if/when that comes down, it is mirrored here (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/22/unadvertised-features-for-studio-series-jetfire-revealed-via-takara-tomy-online-instructions-385700).