PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Stan Lee

BigTransformerTrev
13th November 2018, 08:55 AM
Stan Lee passed away at age 95 this morning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/obituaries/stan-lee-dead.html

What an absolute legend of a man. I know some members here actually got to meet him. He will be sorely missed :(

VERT
13th November 2018, 09:14 AM
It is indeed a sad dark day for generations of fans. My family is heart broken. He will be missed. RIP Stan :(

Ravagecat
13th November 2018, 09:23 AM
RIP Stan, I have always enjoyed your work with Marvel :cool:

TaZZerath
13th November 2018, 09:29 AM
Stan Lee was a legend, a patriarch of the comics and superhero industry, a pioneer in the way he shaped his heroes and villains with their personalities. It is sad that he has passed, but such is life for us mortal beings. He will forever be remembered and his legacy will live on for millennia, that I have no doubt.

FatalityPitt
13th November 2018, 10:14 AM
My first comic was Captain America Annual 1993. I got it when I was 7 years-old. I've been a Marvel fan for a very long time, and it's hard to imagine what things would have been like without Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. Stan Lee's work has been a big influence on me personally. I never imagined I'd see the day he'd pass and I always felt like he was immortal. RIP Stan Lee. Excelsior!

SuspectimusPrime
13th November 2018, 10:57 AM
RIP Stan Lee. Really sad news :( Like FatalityPitt, his work has had a big influence on some my choices in life. I recently rewatched the complete 1994 Spider-Man animated series and got to see the ending I missed out on (or didn't air?). Something really special and poignant about the cameo he had at the end of that series, where [Spoiler Alert!] Spidey enters a universe occupied by a Spider-Man without powers and is only a fictional character created by Stan Lee; Spidey takes Stan web-slinging around the city to his great joy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJfkmK_DGw

G1Optimal
13th November 2018, 11:34 AM
Rip

GoktimusPrime
13th November 2018, 12:41 PM
Valē, greatest Avenger.

shockNwave
13th November 2018, 03:43 PM
Who's the greatest character to come out of Marvel?

Stan Lee of course. Without that giant we wouldn't have all those other giants we see in comic books and on the silver screen.

R.I.P. Stan Lee

DaptoDog
14th November 2018, 11:07 PM
At first it was a shock but it's been amazing to see how much he has been celebrated the last two days.

Not many people can say they lived a full life like Stan.

Eager to see his final cameos in Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel.

I'm also keen now to read his autobiography. Anyone else read it and if so how was it?

Paulbot
14th November 2018, 11:23 PM
I'm here on this messageboard because the Marvel Comics (both US and UK) kept me into Transformers long after I might have otherwise moved on.

The only thing I'm into that comes close to my love of Transformers, is my love of the X-Men comics.

Without Stan Lee's work in establishing Marvel Comics - as I've know it since 1986 - I might not have either of these two things that have meant so much to me.

UltraMarginal
15th November 2018, 02:58 PM
I'm feeling oddly detached to this news. I would have liked to have met him like so many others have at a convention but the opportunity never presented itself.

His contributions to comics and story telling are massive. 95 is a good innings and he's managed to maintain some semblance of fitness up until very recently, a very full life he has led.

gamblor916
15th November 2018, 11:07 PM
I remember when he was at Supanova where I managed to get a print signed. He was a trouper, staying back after official closing to get as many things signed as possible. The lines that day to meet him were absolutely crazy.

jazzcomp
16th November 2018, 01:14 PM
I remember when he was at Supanova where I managed to get a print signed. He was a trouper, staying back after official closing to get as many things signed as possible. The lines that day to meet him were absolutely crazy.
That was the sad part. I knew it was just going to be a really long line and also pricey. But really wanted to meet him at Supanova.

CHILENO20
17th November 2018, 11:17 AM
:(:(:( RIP Stan, thank you for giving us creations that gave us hope when we didn't have any ourselves. Through them you show'd us to keep fighting for what is right and to never ever give up. This world is a much better place for what you have given it. Thank you Stan. :(:(:(

Excelsior!!!