PDA

View Full Version : Server might have been offline today.

griffin
3rd November 2008, 04:16 PM
Judging by the gap of 4 hours without any postings, I'd have to say that I wasn't the only one unable to access the board, or any of the site on the server.
It worries me when that sort of thing happens, because no matter how often you backup, you lose everything since then if the server crashes and loses everything.

i_amtrunks
3rd November 2008, 04:20 PM
Figured as much.

Happened to be at the same time as our work server was done for 3 hours too, so I couldn't even waste my time bludging here! :p

jacksplatt11
3rd November 2008, 04:28 PM
I had a huge sleep in today, woke up, picked up my laptop, tried to go to OTCA, and to my surprise, it was a no go... I was heartbroken..

Haha but yeah figured as much that the server was down

iceburn
3rd November 2008, 04:30 PM
kyle and i were going into "shock" due to the lack of OCTA-ism

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I noticed the downtime. I had to get back to work! :p

Paulbot
3rd November 2008, 05:06 PM
I had no work to do, everybody was taking the long weekend. I ended up writing a little fanscript I'll post somewhere else.

liegeprime
3rd November 2008, 06:31 PM
hmm, good thing I hacve to review for an exam tomorrow..... but its back hehehe

roller
3rd November 2008, 06:34 PM
here i was blaming my internet connection

The one day i need to send some pms and it fails!!! ALt Ctrl Del!!!!

Pulse
3rd November 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah I noticed that too

Eh, It happens... *shrugs*

I spent that downtime Ebay-ing & for the 1st time in a long time - I actually didn't acquire anything new... :eek: :D

jaydisc
3rd November 2008, 07:38 PM
Do you perform your own backups of the database? How big is it?

Firecracker
3rd November 2008, 08:07 PM
I thought the world had ended...

What? The internet will be the first to go I tells ya...:p

k.wong23
3rd November 2008, 10:22 PM
naw too bad it was offline made me study for my exam...no procrastination for that t4 hours period !

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2008, 10:55 PM
I thought the world had ended...

What? The internet will be the first to go I tells ya...
Oh noes~1!! The Y2k bug is finally here! *flees*

STL
4th November 2008, 01:12 AM
I had a huge sleep in today, woke up, picked up my laptop, tried to go to OTCA, and to my surprise, it was a no go... I was heartbroken..

Look Tulip, don't go crying me a river or something.

jacksplatt11
4th November 2008, 01:31 AM
Look Tulip, don't go crying me a river or something.

Well I don't think I have any option now, after the initial shock of no OTCA earlier, to now being called such hurtful names such as "Tulip" and "Sunflower" by yourself good sir, I just don't think I can do anything apart from have a good cry..

Mum keeps telling me, "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me, Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me..."

STL
4th November 2008, 01:49 AM
Well I don't think I have any option now, after the initial shock of no OTCA earlier, to now being called such hurtful names such as "Tulip" and "Sunflower" by yourself good sir, I just don't think I can do anything apart from have a good cry..

Mum keeps telling me, "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me, Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me..."

Anybody ever told you, you cry like a girl? Pulse, haul your butt over here and mop up this mess.

jacksplatt11
4th November 2008, 02:08 AM
Anybody ever told you, you cry like a girl?

Now that you mention it, I think I recall it being mentioned in my presence before

Pulse
4th November 2008, 12:17 PM
Anybody ever told you, you cry like a girl? Pulse, haul your butt over here and mop up this mess.

Mop up your own damn mess... :p

Golden Phoenix
4th November 2008, 08:53 PM
Mum keeps telling me, "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me"

It is actually: "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will only cause permanent psychological damage"

Paulbot
4th November 2008, 08:57 PM
It is actually: "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will only cause permanent psychological damage"

I thought it was "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me"?

:o

Pulse
4th November 2008, 11:40 PM
I thought it was "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me"?

Um, Paul, Um, I don't know how to say it... but I think other boards cater for that stuff... :D

Golden Phoenix
5th November 2008, 12:43 PM

*Sidesteps away from Paulbot*