PDA

View Full Version : New She-Ra cartoon

BigTransformerTrev
15th November 2018, 07:22 AM
They have made a new She-Ra cartoon

https://youtu.be/GsGMkAWB6lY

Sadly doesn’t look very good at this stage. They have really kiddied it up and She-Ra is now a teenage girl. The animation however doesn’t look too bad, though She-Ras horse looks a bit odd

However it might prove good. And let’s face it, by the looks of it the new cartoon is aimed at kids & teenage girls rather than 40 year old men who fondly remember She-Ra being their first encounter of cleavage :p

jazzcomp
15th November 2018, 07:46 AM
Been out for quite a while (at least the trailer/teaser). I'm not a fan. It's not geared towards the older fans of the original series anyway. :cool:

Obviously, I'm still geewun :D

Galvatran
15th November 2018, 11:34 AM
And let’s face it, by the looks of it the new cartoon is aimed at kids & teenage girls rather than 40 year old men who fondly remember She-Ra being their first encounter of cleavage :p
I can't for the life of me remember who appeared first. Jessica Rabbit or She-Ra.

Omega Metro
15th November 2018, 01:20 PM
I’m up to episode 8 now. I actually don’t mind it. :)

BigTransformerTrev
15th November 2018, 02:48 PM
I can't for the life of me remember who appeared first. Jessica Rabbit or She-Ra.

She-Ra was 85, Jessica was 88

(That’s years - not bust measurements ;))

Trent
15th November 2018, 08:22 PM
Made by the same people that make the new Voltron series. Based on that alone I'll give the show a very good chance.

SMHFConvoy
15th November 2018, 08:23 PM
She-Ra was 85, Jessica was 88

(That’s years - not bust measurements ;))

Christ, guys this isn't a locker room.

Galvatran
15th November 2018, 08:33 PM
Can we not bring religion (unresolvable topic) into the thread.

BigTransformerTrev
16th November 2018, 06:56 AM
Christ, guys this isn't a locker room.

No it’s an online chat forum where the vast majority of members are adult males who come here to talk about their love of children’s toys and cartoons, not exactly the most mature of sites. So maybe save the higher-than-thou attitude, this isn’t Tea with the Vicar :rolleyes:

And really, if you can’t make a bust joke about Jessica Rabbit of all characters, who on earth CAN you make a bust joke about? Have you even seen HFRR? :confused:

Anyway, got something to say about the new cartoon? Or did you simply come here to pass judgement on others?

Can we not bring religion (unresolvable topic) into the thread.

Yeah there is no need for what many consider either blasphemous or bad language. Brings the tone of the whole thread down :(

BigTransformerTrev
16th November 2018, 10:50 AM
Have you even seen HFRR? :confused:

Apologies, that should have been WFRR (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?). I think I've spent that many years typing HFTD that it transferred over :p:o

Anyway, no more digression from me :)

Made by the same people that make the new Voltron series. Based on that alone I'll give the show a very good chance.

That's a good point. I wasn't overly impressed by the trailer as I didn't like the idea of She-Ra being a teenager but perhaps I should watch a few episodes to see what they are like.

I’m up to episode 8 now. I actually don’t mind it. :)

Where did you see them mate? Were they on TV somewhere or online?

Paulbot
16th November 2018, 11:49 AM
Where did you see them mate? Were they on TV somewhere or online?

It's a Netflix show. Season one is all available now.

The previews looked great, but I'm still behind on Voltron, but am keen to give it a watch. I did like She-Ra more than He-Man when I was a kid.

Sharky
16th November 2018, 07:24 PM
started watching it with the eldest sharkticon she has been looking forward to new she-ra since i showed her the trailer

is not bad at all,

clearly its not your fathers autobot but the story is good,

although as i mentioned on twittah for those that see me there she did point out that to many people know She-Ra's Secret..

BigTransformerTrev
18th November 2018, 10:13 AM
It's a Netflix show. Season one is all available now.

Cheers for that. Sadly with our limited internet in the bush Netflix uses up too much of our broadband so I might have to wait until it appears on tv

Zommael
30th November 2018, 08:26 PM
Watched it with the Sausage (well, she was around, she's 2). Loved every minute of it, can't wait for the next season. Animation was occasionally a little ropey but I'll forgive that for how great the characterisatijn and lore was. I want to know more about what (or who?) Grayskull is in this universe and I want more Swift Wind.

Jellico
9th December 2018, 11:27 PM
Got to admit I got chills when she said "Greyskull" for the first time.

She-Ra always had the better extended lore and He-Man the better rogue's gallery. But they always complimented each other well in the cross overs. It is a dynamic I would love to see in this version.

Trent
10th December 2018, 12:16 PM
I’ve got the last 3 episodes still to watch but I think it’s pretty damn good. Anyone expecting it to be like Voltron will be disappointed and it’s clearly aimed at girls but even so, the story is solid and characterisation is clever.

The budget for this show was obviously not super high to limit losses in the event that it tanked. This is most obvious through the animation. But I think a second season would see improvements because it appears the show is being received well???

Anyway, give it a go.

liegeprime
15th December 2018, 08:50 AM
clearly its not your fathers autobot but the story is good,

although as i mentioned on twittah for those that see me there she did point out that to many people know She-Ra's Secret..

Well, I guess in today's modern version, there's too much gossiping going on, lol...

Ill have to watch this. how many episodes so far?

Omega Supreme
22nd December 2018, 10:47 AM
After watching a few episodes with my sons I can safely say I am not a fan, its nice that She-Ra is getting a reboot but I personally feel they have modernized in a negative way. I will stick with the original, as I feel it portrays much better messages for my children and seems to cater to both male & female fans where I believe the new series is much more female oriented.

mikeyc7m
28th April 2019, 10:19 PM
season 2 is out, only watched the first episode so can't really review it.

it's a bit too lightweight for me to proper enjoy, my wife's not a fan but it seems to resonate with ms4. definitely aimed at teen/preteen girls. will i watch it anyway? well yeah, it's she-ra. hopefully he-man pops up.