PDA

View Full Version : A call from Hasbro

Paulbot
22nd January 2008, 11:16 AM
A few minutes ago I answered the phone at work and it was someone calling from Hasbro!

I looked at my computer screen where'd I'd just been looking at this board and for a few seconds thought "OMG! Does Hasbro somehow know I'm looking at Transformers stuff?"

No they don't. Turns out the American guy I was talking to was trying to find out if they could license the image of one of Melbourne's landmark train stations for a new version of Monopoly (presumably an Australian version).

Now if he'd been ringing to ask if they could license a tram or train for their Transformers line I would have fallen off my chair! :)

Tiby
22nd January 2008, 11:23 AM
Wow! How cool!

iceburn
22nd January 2008, 11:45 AM
Sheesh, why didn't you ask if you could get some free Transformers toy from him???

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 11:54 AM
now that would have been cool... licensing a tram for a transformer! and call it tramstop :D

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2008, 12:04 PM
Thank god you don't make TF names Saintly. :p d:

I wouldn't mind a Tram Transformer - they need to do more alt modes that haven't been done before. It can still be a good Transformer so long as the toy is engineered well.

iceburn
22nd January 2008, 12:06 PM
ehh tramstop?

STL
22nd January 2008, 12:20 PM
I think you should've advised him that licencing rights could be made available in return for a shipment of TFs.

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 01:00 PM
Thank god you don't make TF names Saintly. :p d:

awww come on :) it's not such a bad name... surely it's better than some of the names HasTak has come up with :P

I really didn't put much thought into the name except for a split second :o

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2008, 02:29 PM
That's true... "Tramstop" is a lot better than about half the names that Hasbro came up with for RiD. :p If a tram TF had been released in RiD it'd be called "Rail-or" or "Tram-Z" *shudder*

dirge
22nd January 2008, 06:45 PM
Better than "light rail"...

Stupid NSW govt trying to pretend they didn't set up a tram...

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2008, 10:07 AM
Better than "light rail"...

Stupid NSW govt trying to pretend they didn't set up a tram...

40 years after they stopped them and ripped up the tracks! :p

I'd love to see a San Francisco or Melbourne Style Tram-former, locomotives and other rail based engines don't get enough Transformers love.