PDA

View Full Version : Making a transformer from scratch

morg176
21st December 2018, 12:08 PM
Im playing with the idea of making a transformer toy from scratch, that is, no repaints, no existing toys, no borrowed parts. Has anyone done this?
One thing I can see being a problem is the making of hinges, joints, swivels and slides. I have looked for a resource online for detailed info on these and their use in transforming toys but I have been unable to find what I need.

Existing toys will be used as a frame of reference (predominately online pics of tf)
The scramble city limb frame might be a good place to start, unless others have a better idea.

Advice and experience welcome :D

SMHFConvoy
21st December 2018, 04:33 PM
Pinterest, look at scratch build, gunplay and Gundam custom for ideas on joints and swivels. You can buy nylon hinges from hooby stores and buying junkers or cheap k.o.s to scavenge hinges and such from is not a bad thing

Dan
25th December 2018, 12:13 AM
I've only ever imagined concepts (several times) and on a few occasions drew plans (one I drew in the late 80s was an Autobot dolphin who transforms into a speed boat).

It would be interesting to see the progress of someone working on it for real. :)