PDA

View Full Version : Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

FatalityPitt
20th January 2019, 06:39 PM
Hey all, this is question (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24129) had been asked two years ago (is it that long already??); and two of the options in the original poll, Sunstreaker (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/pictorial-review-of-takara-mp39-masterpiece-sunstreaker/40423/) and Hound (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/28/takara-masterpiece-hound-revealed-369110), have been released or confirmed by Takara. It feels like the previous poll is now redundant, so I figured I'd create a "volume 2" to get a refreshed view of what Masterpiece figures are now on people's wish lists.

Like the previous poll, options listed are classic characters that haven't been done in the Masterpiece line yet, but unlike the previous poll; G1 AND Beast Era characters are now included because there's still heaps of cool characters from those continuities yet to get the Masterpiece treatment :)

Of course we don't need to restrict ourselves to just G1/Beast era. If any character from any continuity springs to mind that you'd like to see get a Masterpiece toy, tell us about your dream MP collectable in the comments!

Another thing - This discussion is just among us fans, and the point is to have fun, so feel free to share your Masterpiece fantasies no matter how left-field they might sound :)

FatalityPitt
20th January 2019, 07:15 PM
I voted for Jazz, Blaster, Galvatron, Waspinator and Blackarachnia.

Jazz - Iconic Autobot who's well overdue for the Masterpiece Treatment.
Blaster - Love the character, and with the Cassettes there'd be a lot of play value and potential for some cool cassette characters to be made like Rewind and Ramhorn.
Galvatron - A hero is only as good as his arch-villain, and Rodimus/Hot Rod needs a Galvatron.
The two Beast Wars characters - I just like them and if they were released and I had the money, I'd buy them.

EDIT: Another character I'd like to see that's not on the poll is Blitzwing. I'd love to see how they pull off a Triple-changer can turn into a mostly beige tank, a mostly purple jet, and a robot that's still well-proportioned and articulated.

dirge
20th January 2019, 09:13 PM
Jazz, Hoist, Trailbreaker, Mirage, Skids, Hounds.

Beachcomber (yeah I know, it'll never happen).

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2019, 10:49 PM
I clicked "Other" cos mine's a combo request (didn't bother to see if I could do multiple votes, soz). I basically want to see them finish out the First Year of toys, so...

* Charger (Windcharger)
* Cliff (Cliffjumper)
* Drag (Huffer)
* Gears
* Gong (Brawn)
* Ligier (Mirage)
* Meister (Jazz)
* Trailbreaker

FatalityPitt
20th January 2019, 11:22 PM
People can choose multiple options on this poll.

tinyJazz
21st January 2019, 03:42 AM
I came here to vote for Jazz lol.

I also voted for Blaster, which seems a bit more likely. Hoping his bot mode is around the same height as the Autobot cars though and not stupidly tall like Soundwave.

As for fantastical MPs that will never happen: I want a RID2015 Jazz. I love his chunky design in the cartoon, which the deluxe - great as it is - didn’t quite capture. I think it would be really cool if he got the masterpiece treatment and did those gigantic shoulder pads justice.

Handsprime
21st January 2019, 09:20 AM
Some of the Unicron Trilogy figures like Hot Shot, Megatron, Starscream and Optimus Prime.

KELPIE
21st January 2019, 09:49 AM
;)

The Characters I'd like to see made would likely never (ever, ever) get made.

Beachcomber
Cosmos
Warpath
Brainstorm
Darkwing
Dreadwind

I always thought Blaster would be a chance... yet nothing.

but yeah, top of the list is Beachcomber.

I did also vote for Galvatron and Cyclonus, because it seems weird that we got Rodimus and Magnus but not these two. I would have bet all sorts of money that we were getting a Galvatron in 2010... but Takara didn't see the relevance there I guess.

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st January 2019, 10:16 AM
Blaster, Cyclonus, Scourge, Insecticons, and Predaking/Predacons for me. Also more tapes for Soundwave, and a full set of tapes for Blaster, including those combining ones.

I'd be up for a Rhinox and Scorponok from Beast Wars, as well as Megatron's 2 remaining forms.

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2019, 11:00 AM
As for fantastical MPs that will never happen: I want a RID2015 Jazz.
Hhmmm... I guess you'll need to wait 15~20 years or so when the RID kids have become adults with disposable incomes for HasTak to exploit.

We're now seeing the Unicron Trilogy kids enter adulthood, though many are still tertiary students. But even then we've seen glimpses of stuff for them like CW Armada Megatron and the rumoured CHUG Cybertron OP. The first BW MP came out on the 20th anniversary of BW, and heck, even the first G1 MP came out to commemorate the 20th anniversary of G1. So yeah, I'd say around 2035 would be more likely to see RID MPs.

DELTAprime
21st January 2019, 11:29 AM
There are not many G1 characters I'm holding out for in the MP line now. The '86 movie cast (Springer, Arcee, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, etc), Blaster and his cassettes, a cartoon accurate Bumblebee, and Jazz.

However, I'd really like to get a full set of the season 1 Beast Wars characters in the MP line. That's what I'm really interested in getting now.

drifand
21st January 2019, 01:55 PM
As much as I already called it quits to MP line, I voted Jazz and Blaster.

Other are Overlord MP and a God Ginrai MP?

Surprised things such as Reflector or Insecticons are still not up as there would be no licensing issues. But oh well, god know what they are thinking. Is more likely we see more MPM.

UltraMarginal
21st January 2019, 01:58 PM
I came here to vote for Jazz lol.

And i'm all out of gum...

Ditto. I'd love to see all the other G1 characters mentioned in the list. Time will tell.

MayzaPrime
21st January 2019, 02:23 PM
I didn't vote for Blaster... for the simple reason, I don't think that he is too far off getting the MP treatment.

I would love to see more Predacons... :D

Kranix
21st January 2019, 09:59 PM
G1 JAZZ!!!!!!! My biggest MP want.

I also voted for Trailbreaker/ Hoist.

I would also purchase Cliffjumper unless he has a toon accurate alt mode, then I'll pass.

I would love an MP G1 Jetfire but I think he is unlikely.

Paulbot
21st January 2019, 10:14 PM
I’m still keen (only really interested) in the remaining 84/85 Autobot Cars (Jazz, Trailbreaker/Hoist, Mirage, and Skids). Also put a vote for mini-bots (primarily Gears and Brawn).

I also voted for Blackarachnia (season one) and Tarantulas who’d I prefer to see in Transmetal form since that’s wonderful - but that wouldn’t be a big update. I’d also like to see BW Transmetal Megatron (same note as Tarantulas).

In the very unlikely wishlist I’d throw in all the cast of Transformers Prime but in particular Ratchet, Arcee, Knockout and Optimus. (And even more unlikely since he wasn’t in the show: Arms Micron Ironhide as he appears in the concept art (https://pin.it/eqfhx3szimxof7))

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2019, 02:12 AM
I would also purchase Cliffjumper unless he has a toon accurate alt mode, then I'll pass.
If Porsche were to ever come to the table and play ball then Cliffjumper would absolutely have a realistic looking vehicle mode as part of the licensing agreement. I reckon there'd be one of 2 possibilities:
1. Only a realistically proportioned vehicle mode. This is what happened to MP Bumblebee; the VW Beetle mode is realistically proportioned; no super-deforming. Or...
2. All the vehicle to transform between the realistic and fantasy version of the vehicle mode. This is what happened with MP Sunstreaker with the convertible rear section that can transform from regular to Super Tuning mode. Granted super-deforming and undeforming Cliffjumper's vehicle mode would be a greater challenge, so I'd be inclined to think that option 1 would be more likely.

RE: My previous comment about Porsche BT Meister
No doubt most of you already know this, but Takara did go so far as to make a prototype BT Meister toy that transforms into a Porsche 986. Obviously they were unable to obtain the licence so they went with the Mazda RX-8 in the end.
https://i.ibb.co/0qDXqBQ/bt-meister-porsche.jpg
But this is what's led me to believe that the main or even only thing holding TakaraTOMY back from doing MP Meister and Cliff is just that currently elusive Porsche licence. And it wasn't that long ago that HasTak had lost the Volkswagen and Lamborghini licences until they were finally able to reobtain them for MP Bumble and Lambor. I reckon that TakaraTOMY haven't given up trying to get that Porsche licence. We just need Porsche to just allow TakTOM to purchase their licence. C'mooooon, Porsche!

I would love an MP G1 Jetfire but I think he is unlikely.
Not impossible though since using the Sunbow Skyfire model wouldn't cross into Harmony Gold's intellectual property.

1AZRAEL1
22nd January 2019, 03:25 AM
I don't like Prime 3.0, we need a Prime 4.0...

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what other characters I'd want that 3P hasn't already filled the gaps. I'd have to say I want a BW Inferno though.

Metallikato
22nd January 2019, 08:41 AM
I also voted for Blaster, which seems a bit more likely. Hoping his bot mode is around the same height as the Autobot cars though and not stupidly tall like Soundwave.

Blaster was one of the tall Autobot's in the cartoon though, bigger than most of the cars. He was the same height as Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Inferno, Grapple, and Silverbolt.

From the list I voted Perceptor. Windcharger was my fave as a kid, but a tricky one since his car mode was on scale with most of the others but then he shrinks into a minibot.

drifand
22nd January 2019, 10:08 AM
All Licensing agreement that we think is an issue is only speculation at best. There isn't any official statement stating from either companies that licensing are a issue. Lot of fans give good assumptions and great guesses. I most welcome anyone with official source to say otherwise, I only find fans talking about it. While the arguments do make sense and I am not saying it doesn't, I have seen zero statements from Takara Tomy admitting that they had any licensing issues < in regards to MP line for the remaining bots.

As for Jetfire, I only recognised the Cartoon version which Fantoys made.
Anything related to the macross or Robotech I have zero interests as I felt is a rip off from other anime and is actually kind of lame.

Galvatran
22nd January 2019, 10:46 AM
I don't like Prime 3.0, we need a Prime 4.0....
Version 4.0 will be 50% more expensive than 3.0. Justifiably so coz of the improved engineering design and extra extra accessories. :rolleyes::p

BigTransformerTrev
22nd January 2019, 12:13 PM
In order of most wanted:

Overkill & Slugfest
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Scourge
Wreck-Gar
Warpath
Blaster & cassettes
Mirage
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Skids
Windcharger
Brawn
Cliffjumper
Huffer
Gears
Jazz
(ROTF) Alice
Arcee
Chromia
Black Arachnia
Blitzwing
Astrotrain
Reflector
Insecticon Trio

After that lot are done then pretty much any G1 characters not done

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2019, 12:24 PM
A lot of those figures don't require licensing costs, so I'm honestly surprised as to why TT haven't had a crack
Dinobots, Insecticons, repaints are also available.
But I'd like Mirage first.

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2019, 01:05 PM
Actually, MP Soundwave is scaled quite accurately as you can see here compared to Sunbow's official scale.
https://i.ibb.co/RSsXJBq/temp.jpg
The orange lines represent Sideswipe's height. My MP Lambor is obviously leaning backwards in this photo so I've adjusted the orange line to where the top of his head would roughly be if he were standing upright (I can do a direct side by side comparison pic if you really want). But we can see that MP Lambor's height compared to Soundwave is roughly the same as the Sunbow scale.

Also compare Blaster's height. As Metallikato said, he is tall... but even taller than he estimated. Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker and Inferno's heads all come at around the green line, whereas you can see that Blaster's head nearly reaches the purple line, which is Optimus Prime and Megatron's height. And Soundwave is the same too - his head is just under that purple line. So if you want an MP Blaster with G1 cartoon scale, then making him around the same size as MP Soundwave (or possibly half a head height taller) would be accurate. Incidentally this would also make MP Broadcast about the same height as G1 Blaster! Yeah, that's how huge G1 Blaster is. :) Which isn't the fault of the toy which of course existed as a Microman figure long before Transformers came long, but there you have it. :)

=============================

UPDATE
Here ya go :) Also, the green line represents the height of characters like Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Grapple etc. The orange line isn't part of the original Sunbow bible's chart, I've added that in to represent the height of smaller Autobot Cars like Sideswipe, Prowl etc. See here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-definitive-sunbow-scale-chart.944568/) for more.
https://i.ibb.co/vxmr912/MP-SCALE.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
22nd January 2019, 07:01 PM
Actually, MP Soundwave is scaled quite accurately as you can see here compared to Sunbow's official scale.
=============================

UPDATE
Here ya go :) Also, the green line represents the height of characters like Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Grapple etc. The orange line isn't part of the original Sunbow bible's chart, I've added that in to represent the height of smaller Autobot Cars like Sideswipe, Prowl etc. See here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-definitive-sunbow-scale-chart.944568/) for more.
https://i.ibb.co/vxmr912/MP-SCALE.jpg

Yeah Blaster was pretty big, even in the G1 cartoon. Considering that and the fact he would need to fit cassette warriors into his chest it would make zero sense for him to be the size of the MP Autobot cars - that’s simply idiotic. He wouldn’t be cartoon or toy accurate like MP is supposed to be - he’d just be a chest with some limbs sticking off :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Autobot Cars, I wish people would get over this obsession with seeing an MP Jazz. I’d love to see one too, but whether it’s been officially announced or not Porsche obviously has an issue with the concept otherwise we would have seen one by now. We can live in hope but in the meantime get over it - plenty more characters (hundreds in fact!) to do while we wait :)

FatalityPitt
22nd January 2019, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see what Metalhawk would look like as a Masterpiece figure. Mainly because I'm curious to see how Takara would feature the Pretender gimmick in a Masterpiece toy, and Metalhawk seems like the most recognizable pretender from the Japanese cartoon with a definitive animation model (AFAIK the international market didn't have a cartoon with Pretenders in it). Would they have a gold Cybertronian jet that turned into a red and blue clad humanoid like the Botcon 2012 exclusive? Or would they make a small golden jet with it's normal robot mode that can fold up to fit inside a bigger figure (pretender shell) that was fully detailed and articulated? Or maybe it would just be Metalhawk in his natural form with a miniature blue and red figurine to represent his Pretender shell (IIRC, they shrink down to human-size when wearing the pretender shell). Would be interesting to see I reckon...

High_Q
22nd January 2019, 08:08 PM
Arcee - How can she get so few votes? :(

Skids - It'd be nice if the alt mode is Honda City Turbo, but add-on parts for animation accurate bonnet, front grill and bumper areas in both modes. This guy has so many retool potentials.

Animation/toy accurate Minibots. Cliffjumper, Bumper, Cosmos and yes, Bumblebee. Now that the designers are focused on animation accurate MPs, we should get Bumblebee V2, and with it, many retools such as Bumper and Cliffjumper. Bumper is a superdeformed Mazda, and Japanese companies luv chibi stuff, so there wouldn't be licensing issues. Takara already has chibi VWs licensed (https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/product/detail.html?id=313) and even got Walmart G1 Bee licensed by VW, so a deformed Bumblebee would not be a problem either. In fact, that licensed chibi VW Beetle was released around the same time as MP-21, so the MP-21 designer/s probably could've chosen a toy-accurate alt mode if they wanted to. Takara already has a Porsche license (https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/product/detail.html?id=817) but I don't think Takara ever made a licensed chibi Porsche car.
As for Cosmos, I want one so i don't have to buy third party ones that I'm so tempted to. :D

Runamuck and Runabout - these cars have 80s chic. Unfortunately, these are unlikely to be made into MPs given few retool options to offset their licensing costs, and the characters aren't popular.

Headmasters and Power/Godmasters - I know we just received fantastic TR representations of many of these, but I'd like to see some later seasons' G1 characters in MP format; MP-24 is lonely.

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2019, 10:12 PM
Speaking of the Autobot Cars, I wish people would get over this obsession with seeing an MP Jazz. I’d love to see one too, but whether it’s been officially announced or not Porsche obviously has an issue with the concept otherwise we would have seen one by now. We can live in hope but in the meantime get over it - plenty more characters (hundreds in fact!) to do while we wait :)
Agreed. I'd personally like to see them polish off the rest of the First Year Autobots before eventually getting to Meister, even if he's last. And doing the remaining First Year Autobots would also allow for gang moulding and doing 2nd and 3rd Year Autobots as well.
e.g.
Trailbreaker --> Moist
Huffer --> Pipes
Brawn --> Outback
Cliffjumper --> Hubcap
Gears --> Swerve
Windcharger --> Tailgate
etc.

Or maybe it would just be Metalhawk in his natural form with a miniature blue and red figurine to represent his Pretender shell (IIRC, they shrink down to human-size when wearing the pretender shell). Would be interesting to see I reckon...
I'd say that this would be the most likely. Because in the Masterforce canon we never see the Pretender shells split open and close. The robots basically phase in and out of them. And you're right in that the Autobot Pretender shells were always human sized and not gigantic (whereas the Decepticons were sometimes gigantic or human sized). I'd like to see the robot done just as a robot and jet, and then include a bonus Microman figurine done as Metalhawk in his civilian suit with clip on armour. :)

Arcee - How can she get so few votes? :(
You know, if they ever did MP Arcee she'd be super complex and very expensive. Then everyone would whinge about the price.

Animation/toy accurate Minibots. Cliffjumper, Bumper, Cosmos and yes, Bumblebee. Now that the designers are focused on animation accurate MPs, we should get Bumblebee V2, and with it, many retools such as Bumper and Cliffjumper. Bumper is a superdeformed Mazda, and Japanese companies luv chibi stuff, so there wouldn't be licensing issues.
TakaraTOMY already has the Mazda licence, that's not an issue for Bumper. The issue is demand. Bumper is super obscure even in Western markets which was the only place it was released. AFAIK Bumper was never released in Japan (or even outside of North America). Bumper would be a hard sell and may not be worth investing in an extensive retool. Selling Hubcap would be tricky too even though he's not nearly as obscure as Bumper. Hubcap may be relegated to being an overpriced limited exclusive like the MP Coneheads were.

chibi VWs licensed (https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/product/detail.html?id=313) and even got Walmart G1 Bee licensed by VW, so a deformed Bumblebee would not be a problem either. In fact, that licensed chibi VW Beetle was released around the same time as MP-21, so the MP-21 designer/s probably could've chosen a toy-accurate alt mode if they wanted to. Takara already has a Porsche license (https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/product/detail.html?id=817) but I don't think Takara ever made a licensed chibi Porsche car.
Porsche isn't necessarily against issuing licence to Transformers, they are currently against allowing their vehicles to be affiliated with war. Volkswagen had the same stance, which is why Takara could release the Disney Label Donald Duck Transformer as a VW Beetle, but not say Bumblebee because that continuity is war-related.

HasTak were finally able to get Volkswagen to concede and allow them to purchase the licence for war-related Transformers like Bumblebee, but Porsche is still refusing. I don't know if it's enough to simply release an MP Meister with zero weapons and limit references to G1 continuity. Like don't show any images from the cartoon of Jazz holding a gun, rewrite his bio so that he's no longer a Lt Commander etc etc. -- but would fans accept this? They could release Jazz's weapons in future MPs but don't explicitly state it. e.g. MP Skids could could come with Jazz's launcher and gun which happen to be compatible with both toys -- let fans work it out. Similar to how they released Ratchet's Red Cross stickers with those for red corners and let fans cut them out. MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.

Jellico
23rd January 2019, 02:55 AM
Trailbreaker --> Moist

<Homer>
Mmmm. Moist...
<Homer>

Though that said the changes in the animation models between 84 and 85 it isn't always a direct copy. Trailbreaker and Hoist are a good example as are Huffer/Pipes and Brawn/Outback. Red Alert and the Coneheads are good examples of TT being willing to do it.

You know, if they ever did MP Arcee she'd be super complex and very expensive. Then everyone would whinge about the price.

I wish everyone would be complaining about price. The complaints about the 3rd party Arcee offerings make me sad for humanity.

Galvatran
23rd January 2019, 07:51 AM
Trailbreaker --> Moist

<Homer>
Mmmm. Moist...
<Homer>
Big fat donut.

Sinnertwin
23rd January 2019, 08:42 AM
If Moist doesn't include a bagel, we riot.

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2019, 10:53 AM
Though that said the changes in the animation models between 84 and 85 it isn't always a direct copy. Trailbreaker and Hoist are a good example as are Huffer/Pipes and Brawn/Outback. Red Alert and the Coneheads are good examples of TT being willing to do it.
I was thinking more along the lines of Inferno and Grapple which were simultaneously gang moulded rather than Grapple simply being an after-thought retool of Inferno. It allows them to milk more money out of the core mould but without the additional cost of retro-tooling the mould. You develop both versions of the same core mould at the same time.
https://i.ibb.co/HpMKcp7/temp.jpg

KELPIE
23rd January 2019, 11:07 AM
Porsche isn't necessarily against issuing licence to Transformers, they are currently against allowing their vehicles to be affiliated with war. Volkswagen had the same stance, which is why Takara could release the Disney Label Donald Duck Transformer as a VW Beetle, but not say Bumblebee because that continuity is war-related.

HasTak were finally able to get Volkswagen to concede and allow them to purchase the licence for war-related Transformers like Bumblebee, but Porsche is still refusing. I don't know if it's enough to simply release an MP Meister with zero weapons and limit references to G1 continuity. Like don't show any images from the cartoon of Jazz holding a gun, rewrite his bio so that he's no longer a Lt Commander etc etc. -- but would fans accept this? They could release Jazz's weapons in future MPs but don't explicitly state it. e.g. MP Skids could could come with Jazz's launcher and gun which happen to be compatible with both toys -- let fans work it out. Similar to how they released Ratchet's Red Cross stickers with those for red corners and let fans cut them out. MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.

... You do know that Porsche is owned by Volkswagen right?

High_Q
23rd January 2019, 11:42 AM
MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.

I thought Hubcap is also a super-deformed Porsche, like CJ, but without a spoiler.

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2019, 11:47 AM
... You do know that Porsche is owned by Volkswagen right?
I initially thought so too, which is why when MP Bumblebee was announced I got excited expecting MP Meister and Cliff to be not far behind. But unfortunately I think that their licensing is handled by separate companies. It is my understanding that Porsche's licensing is done through a company called Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG (https://www.porsche-design.com/) (a.k.a. Porsche Design). And I believe that VW's licensing is handled a different company called the International Management Group (http://www.img.com/). So obviously IMG have come to the table in 2016 with allowing the VW licence, but we're still waiting on Porsche Design to play ball.

Tha_Phantom
23rd January 2019, 12:52 PM
Voted for Jazz as the G1 character I want next and Blackarachnia as the BW character I want next.
Looking at the poll results I'm not alone with either of those options. :p

Ralph Wiggum
23rd January 2019, 01:06 PM
Galvatron for me. My post-1986 movie shelf is looking very bare. I know TT will make an amazingly accurate Galvatron, I just don’t want to wait until I’m retired before getting it.

Jellico
23rd January 2019, 02:27 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of Inferno and Grapple which were simultaneously gang moulded rather than Grapple simply being an after-thought retool of Inferno. It allows them to milk more money out of the core mould but without the additional cost of retro-tooling the mould. You develop both versions of the same core mould at the same time.
https://i.ibb.co/HpMKcp7/temp.jpg

Anything that allows a mold to be milked more is a good thing IMHO. Likewise any thing that doesn't require a license. 3rd parties have done some interesting things with the 84/85 variants even to the extent of differing heights. I would love to see what TT could do.

In general I want MP Cons. My shelf is looking stupidly unbalanced at the moment. The insecticons are such a no brainer.

M-bot
23rd January 2019, 04:06 PM
In order of preference:

Jazz (and Stepper/Ricochet re-mould/colour)
Trailbreaker (and subsequent Hoist re-mould/colour)
Cliffjumper (and maybe Hubcap re-mould/colour)
Brawn (and Outback re-mould/colour)
Mirage
Reflector (3 in one package please! Don't want to buy 3 seperate ones)
Huffer (and subsequent Pipes re-mould/colour)
Gears (and subsequent Swerve re-mould/colour)

...then on to '86 movie cast.

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2019, 10:54 PM
How many people would buy an MP Ligier (Mirage) toy repainted in its red and white DX Set variant colours? Of course it'd be done as a new character like MP Cordon and it may be dearer due to being manufactured in smaller quantities.

I would! :)

Tha_Phantom
23rd January 2019, 10:56 PM
How many people would buy an MP Ligier (Mirage) toy repainted in its red and white DX Set variant colours?

Shut up and take my money!

Does that answer your question? :D

Galvatran
24th January 2019, 12:31 AM
If Moist doesn't include a bagel, we riot.
No one wants a riot. The way things are heading with accessories we will also get a baguette launcher and energon cubes extracted from fat tissue.

KELPIE
24th January 2019, 11:40 AM
There are not enough people asking for Beachcomber in here.

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2019, 11:02 AM
There are not enough people asking for Beachcomber in here.
I'm still waiting for them to finish the First Year Mini-Bots! I'll look into dreaming about 2nd Year Minis after that's done. :)

KELPIE
29th January 2019, 10:45 AM
I'm still waiting for them to finish the First Year Mini-Bots! I'll look into dreaming about 2nd Year Minis after that's done. :)

Out of those not done, who would you take first?

Bidoofdude
31st January 2019, 10:36 PM
I voted Cyclonus and Galvatron, mostly because they're quintessential characters from my childhood. We have gotten Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod in recent years, so it's only fair to give us the most well designed of their nemeses. The 1986 spacey aesthetic needs some love too.

1984 bots and cons should be important, but given that they're starting to close the gaps in the Ark ranks, we can spice it up a bit more I think.

There is also the point that G1 characters for the most part are the most in need of Masterpiece updates. Inconsistencies in the toys in later series like Beast Wars warrant their cartoon forms getting updates, but series like Cybertron (my second childhood Transformers show) are already 99% accurate in a lot of cases. If you grabbed Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime and slapped a few better joints on him, it'd be an easy bang-on representation.

Ralph Wiggum
6th February 2019, 11:09 AM
Any love here for a Bumblebee 2.0? :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
6th February 2019, 11:42 AM
Any love here for a Bumblebee 2.0? :rolleyes:NOPE.

KELPIE
6th February 2019, 01:42 PM

YUP.

Kranix
7th February 2019, 08:02 AM

Hell no! :p

MayzaPrime
12th February 2019, 02:44 PM
Looks like the 6 people who voted for Blackarachnia on this list will be happy

DELTAprime
12th February 2019, 04:07 PM

Why yes, I'm very happy.:D

Jetfire in the sky
15th February 2019, 09:22 AM
Yeah Blackarachnia is amazing news!

I voted other, Skybite. Would be a challenge due to his shell forming in the original but could be awesome too.

BigTransformerTrev
15th February 2019, 11:41 AM

Yeah she was the only non-G1 character I voted for :)

M-bot
18th February 2019, 09:22 AM
Just saw a Toyfair 2019 reveal by Jada Toys for their Transformers line of die-cast (non-transforming) cars, which include an up-coming faithful and apparently fully licensed G1 Jazz. I realise licensing agreements are complex, but it bodes well that conversations between TF toy makers and the car company involved have at least happened and been successful to some degree.

UltraMarginal
18th February 2019, 11:18 AM
Just saw a Toyfair 2019 reveal by Jada Toys for their Transformers line of die-cast (non-transforming) cars, which include an up-coming faithful and apparently fully licensed G1 Jazz. I realise licensing agreements are complex, but it bodes well that conversations between TF toy makers and the car company involved have at least happened and been successful to some degree.

for the first time in a long time I suddenly have an interest in collecting a die cast car.

KELPIE
18th February 2019, 11:30 AM

Any links?

High_Q
18th February 2019, 12:09 PM
Any links?

Here's a link with photos (https://tformers.com/toy-fair-2019-jada-transformers-new-reveals-jazz-tracks-sideswipe-more/34779/news.html) from tformers.com.

I'm not sure if the 'FPO' placeholder notice applies only to the coin, or the vehicular model as well.

Raider
19th February 2019, 12:01 AM

It is definitely a positive step but I'm tempering my hope. My understanding with the Jazz license is that VW dont want their vehicles associated with war machines. This is just a die cast car but it is part of the brand. Baby steps I guess.

Jazz is what i want followed by mini bots. Let's finish the '84 crew!

KELPIE
19th February 2019, 10:36 AM
Here's a link with photos (https://tformers.com/toy-fair-2019-jada-transformers-new-reveals-jazz-tracks-sideswipe-more/34779/news.html) from tformers.com.

I'm not sure if the 'FPO' placeholder notice applies only to the coin, or the vehicular model as well.

Oooh, and a Tracks as well.

Looks good.

Fingers crossed for some MP representation.

GoktimusPrime
19th February 2019, 12:08 PM
Oooh, and a Tracks as well.

Looks good.

Fingers crossed for some MP representation.
Tracks already has (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21225) MP representation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21916) :)

Tha_Phantom
19th February 2019, 02:06 PM

Ecstatic! :D I don't care what they charge for it, just give!

for the first time in a long time I suddenly have an interest in collecting a die cast car.

Yes, please vote with your wallet and send a message to Hasbro that we want to see more of Porsche Jazz. It's good that talks with Porsche are happening, and hopefully with enough persistence we will get that MP.

KELPIE
21st February 2019, 12:49 PM
Tracks already has (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21225) MP representation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21916) :)

Did I need to put a page break between my points :p