PDA

View Full Version : G1 Decepticon tape reissues

DaptoDog
1st February 2019, 11:48 AM
Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage and Lazerbeak G1 reissues in the original packaging incoming.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/01/31/g1-ravage-rumble-and-laserbeak-frenzy-reissues-revealed-381991

Sign me up for two of each and keep em coming! :D

BigTransformerTrev
1st February 2019, 12:01 PM
Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage and Lazerbeak G1 reissues in the original packaging incoming.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/01/31/g1-ravage-rumble-and-laserbeak-frenzy-reissues-revealed-381991

Sign me up for two of each and keep me coming! :D

Depending on how cheap and how available they are, I might end up getting 3 sets. My tapes are getting pretty old and tired now and probably don't have long left so one set to play with, one to keep MOSC and then maybe a set for my son, though that would mean I'd have to let him have my spare Soundwave.

danny-boy
1st February 2019, 12:28 PM
More great news....problem is where to buy? Optimus Prime is only available on eBay. Gears and Warpath have hit US shelves but nothing anywhere else. What happened to RK? They only received the 1st wave.

DaptoDog
1st February 2019, 12:32 PM
More great news....problem is where to buy? Optimus Prime is only available on eBay. Gears and Warpath have hit US shelves but nothing anywhere else. What happened to RK? They only received the 1st wave.

I might shoot them an email, I thought they would definitely keep stocking these.

danny-boy
1st February 2019, 12:36 PM
I might shoot them an email, I thought they would definitely keep stocking these.

cheers for that. let us know what they come back with.

Tha_Phantom
1st February 2019, 12:58 PM
I'm definitely in for these and everyone I've spoken to has said the same.

UltraMarginal
1st February 2019, 01:50 PM
I'm going to find it extremely hard to resist buying these.

TaZZerath
1st February 2019, 02:52 PM
Teeeeeeemptiiiiiiinnnnggggg.......

If Ratbat gets released like this i'll definitely be all over it.

Jazzman
3rd February 2019, 11:44 PM
Woot woot!!! I'll be in for a couple of sets of each! :D

Sinnertwin
5th February 2019, 04:19 PM

any updates from RK?

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2019, 05:57 PM
As with the Autobot Mini-Cars I'll grab these if they become locally available but ceebs to import. I already have the original G1 cassettes plus Japanese reissues -- I'd only be getting these to keep them MOSC and... yeah... not gonna pay a premium for that.

DaptoDog
6th February 2019, 03:44 PM
any updates from RK?

Not yet though I suspect Chinese New Year is impacting their response times.

Galvatran
6th February 2019, 08:27 PM
Fingers crossed these show up at Cotton On.

I'd only be getting these to keep them MOSC and... yeah... not gonna pay a premium for that.
Could explain the board meltdown last night???

Dan
6th February 2019, 08:41 PM
My tapes are getting pretty old and tired now and probably don't have long left...

Just as well none of them ever had any tape in them. They last much longer without. ;)

I wonder if we'll get to buy these nifty things from a trendy clothes store, like with mini-vehicles. That was an odd yet refreshing experience.

FatalityPitt
9th February 2019, 05:58 PM
I wonder if Cotton On will stock these. I'd love to get my hands on Ravage. I had Ravage about 2-3 years ago, but had to sell him (with Soundblaster and Laserbeak) to be able to afford some Titans Return stuff at the time. I regretted it afterwards.

DaptoDog
28th February 2019, 09:39 PM
Not yet though I suspect Chinese New Year is impacting their response times.

Still waiting on a reply from RK as to whether they are stocking this year's G1 reissues. Have sent a follow up one tonight.

Raider
1st March 2019, 12:29 PM
Do we have any word yet on whether any of these reissues (other than the minibots) are going to make it to retail here? I would love to get these cassettes but not really interested in the crazy shipping costs.

DaptoDog
1st March 2019, 03:26 PM
Got this response from RK:

Hello Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The item still not yet instock in our region.

Please be patient and wait for updates.

I was just asking whether it would be put up for pre-order. So not really informative.

Raider
1st March 2019, 03:28 PM
Got this response from RK:

Hello Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The item still not yet instock in our region.

Please be patient and wait for updates.

I was just asking whether it would be put up for pre-order. So not really informative.

I'd read into that to say that they will end up putting them up at some stage.

DaptoDog
1st March 2019, 04:20 PM

I hope so. To me you wouldn't wait for them to be in stock before putting them up for pre-order but perhaps I am taking it too literally. I can't recall whether they took pre-orders with the first lot or just listed them in stock straight away.

DaptoDog
1st March 2019, 06:15 PM
Ok I pressed RK on it and they just responded to wait for their announcement. Take that for what you will.

Sinnertwin
1st March 2019, 09:17 PM
I'm a bit miffed as to why they haven't listed OP yet.
I can only assume that they're just waiting to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Galvatran
1st March 2019, 10:21 PM
Do they not know how to spell Optimus? :p

MV75
1st March 2019, 10:32 PM
Pretty cool. Honestly I'm happier I have the encore edition of all the tapes. If you don't, then buy buy buy these for sure.

DaptoDog
1st March 2019, 11:38 PM

Interestingly if you do an eBay search for OP all the results are from the US. So it seems it hasn't made its way to Asia yet.

danny-boy
2nd March 2019, 09:37 AM
Interestingly if you do an eBay search for OP all the results are from the US. So it seems it hasn't made its way to Asia yet.

Taiwanese eBay sellers had OP up before they hit US shelves.

KELPIE
5th March 2019, 08:38 AM

Or an automated style response.