PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Changers wave 5

griffin
3rd February 2019, 09:41 PM
A fifth wave of Movie Tiny Changers have been found in Hong Kong (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/02/transformers-tiny-turbo-changers-series-5-revealed-382094), with another wide range of characters from different Movies... but surprisingly, not really much to do with the latest Bumblebee Movie (it's hard to count Cliffjumper, when it is just a red VW Bumblebee).

TF2 - Arcee - new
TF3 - Autobot Topspin - new
TF6 - Cliffjumper - redeco Bumblebee from wave 4
TF3 - Crankcase - very minor redeco Berserker from wave 2
TF4 - Hound - very minor redeco? from wave 1
TF5 - Iron Forge Steelbane - blue redeco from exclusive 3-pack (first general release of this mould)
TF4 - KSI Sentry - very minor grey redeco Soundwave from wave 1
TF2 - Long Haul - new
??? - Megatron - new (Generations Tank - not Movie related?)
TF6? - Optimus Prime - new (Generations square cab)
TF1 - Scorponok - new
TF5 - Shadow Spark Megatron - purple redeco Megatron from wave 2

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/020303.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/020304.jpg

Galvatran
4th February 2019, 10:23 PM
The question is why oh why?

The old stuff at Coles & Woolies have been seen growing moss on them.

Autocon
6th February 2019, 02:58 AM
Do the wheels roll? Never seen these before

Lint
6th February 2019, 02:31 PM
The question is why oh why?

The old stuff at Coles & Woolies have been seen growing moss on them.

I'm really surprised as well, I'm pretty sure some Colesworths still have series 1 kicking around.

They're not spectacular or anything close to value for money but my 2yo likes them.

FruitBuyer
6th February 2019, 04:20 PM
KSI Sentry looks like DotM Soundwave

reillyd
6th February 2019, 11:00 PM
Toymate still has Wave 4, and we seem to have missed wave 3. So I don't know whether we'll see these here

tinyJazz
13th February 2019, 11:20 PM
I like that chunky Optimus, he looks so out of place with the rest of the line. Still no Jazz. :/
I only wanted a couple of these and Ironhide is my favourite so far, he looks like a little baby bear.

Bladestorm
14th February 2019, 04:06 PM
They're kind of useless, but I admit I love the Tiny Changers.
I really hope I can find that Optimus and maybe the Megs and Scorponok for my son.

Ravagecat
14th February 2019, 04:42 PM
Do the wheels roll? Never seen these before

Nope. They have a very basic transform and limited paint scheme too

Toymate still has Wave 4, and we seem to have missed wave 3. So I don't know whether we'll see these here

Mr Toys has wave 3 for the bargain price of $5.99 each :D

griffin
14th February 2019, 10:12 PM

Did you see wave 4 at Toymate?
If you had already posted the sighting, I must have missed it, as I only have waves 2 and 3 noted in the recent new sightings box at the top of the board.
I may have to make another trip down to Robina for them.

griffin
25th February 2019, 08:28 PM

I checked it out yesterday and Toymate at Robina have wave 3, not wave 4.
Wave 3 was starting to show up at Toyworlds in Melbourne and Brisbane from last October (wave 2 then showed up at Coles in November), so it isn't surprising to see wave 3 at Toymate as well.
I think BigW must have gotten burnt on the Tiny Changers, with most stores getting in several cases of the first wave for one of their sales in 2017, and then proceeded to discount them to about $2 before they all disappeared over a year later. As such, Tiny Changers seem to have disappeared from the department stores, making them very sporadic in this country, and I don't trust future waves getting here. (they aren't easy to buy online either, at a reasonable price - you either have to import a whole case, or buy an over-priced set on ebay)

Galvatran
26th February 2019, 04:20 PM
I checked it out yesterday and Toymate at Robina have wave 3, not wave 4.
Perhaps they sold out of the newer series 4 and left with shelfwarming series 3 case lot by the time you got there. Is that a possibility? Or they mixed series 4 blind bags into series 3 box to save space. Or they kept the newer series 4 behind the point-of-sale counter (or another discrete location) to minimise sticky fingers.

Anyway, that’s a bit of a trip down the highway just to check it out. Definitely worth another trip IMO (or get a local peep to do your bidding).

I’m no Tiny Turbo Changer oficionado but I too thought I saw series 4 floating about.

griffin
26th February 2019, 10:50 PM
All of that is possible, but there was no sign of wave 4 being anywhere in the store (I looked all around for them), and no evidence of them being found anywhere in Australia. I even asked earlier in this topic if it could be verified, so went down myself to check. It was only a little over two weeks since he mentioned it, so it is unlikely (yet possible) that they all sold out, leaving a heap of just wave 3 behind.

griffin
24th March 2019, 05:46 PM
As these are out in America now, the 12 bag codes are now known (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/21/tiny-turbo-changers-series-5-identification-codes-385683)....

A – KSI Sentry (Age of Extinction, reuse of Dark of the Moon Soundwave)
B – Megatron (Tank)
C – Autobot Topspin (Dark of the Moon)
D – Arcee (Revenge of the Fallen)
E – Cliffjumper (Bumblebee, red version of VW Bumblebee)
F – Autobot Hound (Age of Extinction)
G – Shadow Spark Megatron (The Last Knight, purple version of The Last Knight Megatron)
H – Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
I – Scorponok (2007)
J – Iron Forge Steelbane (The Last Knight, blue and non-exclusive version of Steelbane)
N – Crankcase (Dark of the Moon, reuse of The Last Knight Berserker)
P – Long Haul (Revenge of the Fallen)