PDA

View Full Version : Siege Star Convoy and Armada Convoy revealed.

DELTAprime
10th February 2019, 12:23 PM
There are two grey prototypes of some upcoming Siege toys at Wonder Con that I think nobody expected, Star Convoy and Armada Convoy.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/09/new-siege-reveals-at-wonder-festival-jetfire-star-convoy-armada-prime-and-more-382433
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/021003.jpg

SharkyMcShark
10th February 2019, 01:02 PM
I'm heavily into that Armada Prime.

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 01:09 PM
Not sure how I feel about Star Convoy unless they figured out a base mode with the trailer and the cab is a completely new mould to work as a base section rather than robot.

FatalityPitt
10th February 2019, 01:55 PM
Looking at the chest of Star Convoy, I think it might actually be a retool of PotP Optimus Prime. Looks pretty cool

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th February 2019, 02:22 PM
Star Convoy looks great, but the killer for me will be the base mode. Will it have one? Original Star convoy's robot was heavily compromised by the base mode, so in a way, the base mode is very important here. I wonder what they'll do with the Orion bot as well? Evolution Optimus into Star Convoy (sic\nce SC was supposed to be resurrected G1 Convoy)

Armada Convoy, though, yes yes yes. Hope he has a trailer for power pants mode, but that robot mode is looking SAWEET. Looks like the groin can split in half too....

Paulbot
10th February 2019, 03:20 PM
You’d think they retool/paint the car Micromasters from Siege into Hot Rod and Sparkplug? Swindler could become Hot Rod very easily.

Trent
10th February 2019, 03:24 PM
Armada Prime is the first retail TF that I’m genuinely interested in in years. I really hope he lives up to the hype.

reillyd
10th February 2019, 03:32 PM
Star Convoy I just love. I remember reading some speculation that there'd be a Star Convoy remould from PotP Optimus, but then nothing came of it. I can't see how it could make a base mode though, unless its partforming and there's something not shown. I really couldn't care less though. I have the original Star Convoy if I want a base, and the robot mode looks bad-ass.

I'm not sure what to make of the Armada Optimus Prime. I love all things Armada, so its bought, but I can't see any mini-con ports and there's no spark plug. To me Armada was all about mini-con power ups, and I can't see anywhere to place minicons except on the gun (looks like one minicon port there).

DELTAprime
10th February 2019, 06:29 PM
Looking at the chest of Star Convoy, I think it might actually be a retool of PotP Optimus Prime. Looks pretty cool

I didn't notice that til you mentioned it. At first glance I just assumed it was another Siege Optimus remould.

Since Star Convoy is a JP G1 figure I'll pick this remake of him up just to fill the spot in my CHUG G1 collection, but I think they could have done a better job with the design.

Armada Convoy is a maybe for me as I'm actually still really happy with the Deluxe class Optimus from the original Armada toy line.

FruitBuyer
10th February 2019, 06:39 PM
Armada Prime looks really good but will look funny against the recent Armada Megatron.

Hopefully all this will lead to a Energon Megatron

Zommael
10th February 2019, 07:29 PM
Is Armada Prime the chest and head for Star Convoy?

philby
10th February 2019, 08:07 PM
at this size and price range you would surely expect those thighs to not be hollow :(

griffin
10th February 2019, 09:45 PM

They have separate tags, and I think Armada Prime looks too big to fit in there.

neomoz
11th February 2019, 11:29 AM

Star Convoy is a remold of POTP Leader Optimus, which had Orion Pax plug into the chest piece, So I am curious who or what will be the chest piece this time.

1AZRAEL1
11th February 2019, 11:37 AM
Star Convoy, I dig it. I never bought an Armada Prime, wish I did because the design grew on me, especially because of the PS2 game. So I may pick this up, as well as a Scourge repaint

DELTAprime
11th February 2019, 03:03 PM
It looks like Armada Prime will have a combination gimmick. There are pictures on Seibertron of hands in the legs of Armada Prime.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-images-of-new-star-convoy-and-armada-optimus-prime-confirming-combination-gimmick/42901/