PDA

View Full Version : MP45 Bumblebee 2.0 (cartoon version)

Sinnertwin
5th February 2019, 04:12 PM
MP45 Version 2.0 Bumblebee (https://www.taghobby.com/archives/345162?fbclid=IwAR2SiSx0RwJo5FMzTMPxLJ6ypTDgqGd1U-gqMr6Q2eiFg-xVmDbnb2xqOMI) Via Tag Hobby
13,000 Yen.
Sept 2019 release.

Bumble (Japanese name for Bumblebee) 2.0 Body
1 Spike figure
1 number plate
1 face A
1 face B
1 effect parts
1 laser gun
1 card
1 instruction manual

High_Q
5th February 2019, 04:21 PM
MP45 Version 2.0 Bumblebee (https://www.taghobby.com/archives/345162?fbclid=IwAR2SiSx0RwJo5FMzTMPxLJ6ypTDgqGd1U-gqMr6Q2eiFg-xVmDbnb2xqOMI)

Yes!:D I've been waiting for an animation-accurate MP Bumblebee since MP-21 was released. This means we'll definitely get Bumper soon, and if we're lucky, Cliffjumper and Hubcap.

13,000 Yen.
Sept 2019 release.

Noooooooooooo :eek:

Ralph Wiggum
5th February 2019, 04:24 PM
Yes!:D I've been waiting for an animation-accurate MP Bumblebee since MP-21 was released. This means we'll definitely get Bumper soon, and if we're lucky, Cliffjumper and Hubcap.

Noooooooooooo :eek:

“Engineering”

UltraMarginal
5th February 2019, 04:50 PM
This had better be some sort of april fools joke or new years prank. MP-21 bb is pretty much perfect. there is no need for this. There are so many characters yet to receive an official MP treatment, even just in the season 1 and 2 G1 lineup.

UUUURRRGHHH!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

High_Q
5th February 2019, 04:54 PM
“Engineering”

I shudder to think how much MP Hound would cost if tiny Bumblebee v2 costs that much. But as you mentioned, if engineering is a big factor, and MP Hound doesn't seem too complex from the photos we've seen, then Hound could be about the same price as Bee v2.

Sinnertwin
5th February 2019, 05:00 PM
This had better be some sort of april fools joke or new years prank. MP-21 bb is pretty much perfect. there is no need for this. There are so many characters yet to receive an official MP treatment, even just in the season 1 and 2 G1 lineup.

UUUURRRGHHH!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mmmm… not really. From an aesthetic point of view, I wouldn't say it's a disproportionate mess, but he's top heavy with marathon runner legs and canoes for feet.

I do agree with your point re other characters.

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2019, 05:01 PM
This means we'll definitely get Bumper soon, and if we're lucky, Cliffjumper and Hubcap.
Bumblejumper's easy enough to do as HasTak have the Mazda licence. The issue is viability given the obscure nature of the toy. The issue with Cliffjumper and Hubcap is the Porsche licence which HasTak currently do not have.

DaptoDog
5th February 2019, 05:02 PM
I shudder to think how much MP Hound would cost if tiny Bumblebee v2 costs that much. But as you mentioned, if engineering is a big factor, and MP Hound doesn't seem too complex from the photos we've seen, then Hound could be about the same price as Bee v2.

I like your optimism, hope you're right but I think Hound will be more like 18,000¥.

I'll treat this like the + releases. Will keep the original MP-21 in car mode and display MP-45 in bot mode.

DELTAprime
5th February 2019, 05:24 PM
Yessss! I would love a cartoon accurate Bee. It has always bugged me that the first MP Bee took a more real-world approach to the alt mode.

Sinnertwin
5th February 2019, 05:32 PM
Yessss! I would love a cartoon accurate Bee. It has always bugged me that the first MP Bee took a more real-world approach to the alt mode.

I'm thinking that they'll keep the outer shell and just redo the guts to make a more cartoon accurate robot mode.

M-bot
5th February 2019, 06:41 PM
If a new ‘Bee mould brings us the possibility of Cliffjumper and a few others, I’d be happy with it. I mean, I’ll get the repaints but more than happy with MP-21 as Bumblebee.

Trent
5th February 2019, 07:10 PM
Chibi version?

griffin
5th February 2019, 07:22 PM
Another Bumblebee seems stupid, when there are plenty of other characters yet to be done, and an existing Bumblebee mould that didn't really fly off the shelves (it is one I often see in HK when finding MPs in the toy stores).
The only reason I'd see them doing another Bumblebee, is if the vehicle mode was sculpted more like the original toy (and to an extend, the cartoon, which looked more compact than a real VW)... as that deformed vehicle mode appearance to the original Bumblebee / Cliffjumper / Hubcap / Bumper toys could be easier to do as a single base mould with alternate vehicle panels. And that deformed (squished) vehicle mode that isn't a replica, might not require licensing either.

Ralph Wiggum
5th February 2019, 07:29 PM
The TFW2005 forum says it is supervised (ie developed) with Volkswagen. I really can’t see TT trying to dodge the licensing issue, given the iconic design of the Beetle. Plus trying to do a sneaky will no doubt harm the working relationship between the two companies.

I don’t see the need for Bumblebee 2.0 as others have pointed out, I just wish TT would focus their efforts on other characters. And I feel each MP announcement will result in a focus on the jump in price rather than the design of the toy.

DELTAprime
5th February 2019, 08:46 PM
The problem once again with Cliff and Hubcap is they are Porsches. Takara Tomy has said they use their Tomica licences with car manufacturers to do the MP line. Tomica has made Porsches in recent years, but no Porsche Transformers have come of it.

My best guesses at this point are Porsche is still holding onto that old "war toys" fear of theirs and VW's (note that VW got over it). Or they still are not entirely done with their snobbish attitude towards some forms of licensing. Or they are simply wanting way too much money from Takara Tomy for Porsche based Transformers to go ahead.

As a motorsports fan, I really find Porsche still utterly bewildering at times with their decisions. It's like they actively want to push away some of their fans.

High_Q
8th February 2019, 10:18 AM
Now that TFSource has MP-45 Bumble v2 on preorder (https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-45-bumblebee/) at USD 120, and BBTS has a page to advertise an upcoming preorder (https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87983), I guess this isn't a rumour anymore. Can't wait for the prototype reveal. :)

Galvatran
8th February 2019, 04:42 PM
Now that TFSource has MP-45 Bumble v2 on preorder (https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-45-bumblebee/) at USD 120, and BBTS has a page to advertise an upcoming preorder (https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87983), I guess this isn't a rumour anymore. Can't wait for the prototype reveal. :)
Early days but it's an Ozformers Awards top contender for Best Worst Global Transformers-related news of 2019.

High_Q
8th February 2019, 05:04 PM
Early days but it's an Ozformers Awards top contender for Best Worst Global Transformers-related news of 2019.

Lol. Early days, and we already have anime accurate MP BB v2 and MP-18+ Bluestreak. What are the chances of Seekers v2 for initial RRP of Y35000. :p

griffin
8th February 2019, 09:10 PM

Not always. The online stores are so competitive, they will list up pre-orders as early as they can, because they know that most people (like with home loans), will usually just stick with where they end up first, if it isn't significantly more than other places.

The online stores get guaranteed sales if the item ends up being true, and the customers are happy to have secured one before the pre-orders sell out.
Until somewhere posts up official releases images or official details, or it is announced by an official source, it remains unconfirmed. (often, soon after there is a leak, Hasbro or TakaraTomy will release official info to stay ahead of it)

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
9th February 2019, 01:49 PM

TagHobby has released a bit more info:

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/345162

TAKARATOMY於2019年9月推出變形金剛 MASTER PIECE系列 MP45 大黃蜂 Ver.2,暫時知道附有人偶Figure、武器及Effect部件,售價達日圓13,000(未含稅), 會有什麼新玩法,留意我們日後報導。

TAGHOBBY get the updated news!! TAKARATOMY will release the TRANSFORMERS Master Piece Series MP45 Blublebee Ver.2.0 in Sep 2019. It include figure, weapon and effect part. We are very surprise for the price of ver.2.0 is 13,000 Yen (Not included tax).

マスターピース MP45 バンブルビー Ver.2.0

トランスフォーマーアニメ第一弾から登場したバンブルがマスターピースシリーズの完全アニメスタイル版「バ ンブルVer2.0」として新たに登場!
ロボットスタイルはアニメで活躍したままのデザイン、カラーリング、プロポーションを再現している。関節稼 働が豊富なので、アニメの活躍ポーズが思いのまま!
ビークルはフォルクスワーゲン監修。更にアニメ放映時に発売された玩具のデフォルメスタイル(チョロQスタ イル)を再現している。

1x バンブルVer2.0本体
1x スパイクフィギュア
1x ナンバープレート
1x フェイスA
1x フェイスB
1x エフェクトパーツ
1xシール
1x カード
1x 取扱説明書

Rough translation:

Masterpiece MP 45 Bumblebee Ver.2.0

Bumble that appeared from the first Transformers Anime cartoon appeared as a completely animated style version of "Mampiece Series" "Bumble Ver 2.0"!
Robot style reproduces the design, coloring and proportions that are active in animation. Since the joint operation is abundant, the active pose of animation remains as it is!
Vehicle is supervised by Volkswagen. Furthermore, it reproduced the deformed style (Choro Q style) of the toy which was released at the time of animation broadcasting.

1x Bumble Ver 2.0 body
1x spike figure
1 x license plate
1 x Face A
1 x Face B
1x Effect Parts
1 x Seal
1 x card
1 x Owner's Manual

If the RRP really is 13,000 yen, then Hound is probably going to cost $200+!

Sinnertwin
9th February 2019, 04:22 PM
So a penny racer Bumblebee. This changes things.

Trent
9th February 2019, 06:48 PM
So a penny racer Bumblebee. This changes things.

Chibi version?

Picked it like a dirty nose!!

FatalityPitt
9th February 2019, 07:31 PM
This could open up the possibility of MP Cliffjumper/Hubcap/etc in the future.

Still, 13,000 yen is freaking expensive for what it is. Are the figures gold-plated or something?

Sinnertwin
9th February 2019, 11:25 PM
Picked it like a dirty nose!!

That you did. Credit where it's due

https://i.imgur.com/YYMfvtE.jpg

Bidoofdude
9th February 2019, 11:30 PM
That Bumblebee looks so good and the chibi Beetle rocks. 13,000 is very expensive though. I really want it.

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 10:29 AM
Looks like it's actually a thing according to tformers.com (https://tformers.com/wonderfest-winter-2019-first-look-at-masterpiece-bumblebee-20-and-next-lg-ex-figure/34721/news.html)

Trent
10th February 2019, 10:46 AM
It looks kinda cool.

Jellico
10th February 2019, 11:04 AM
Things that make you go, "hmmmmmm."

Not sure that the alt mode even looks toon.

High_Q
10th February 2019, 11:38 AM
The bot mode looks alright, just hoping that the back doesn't have a distractingly large backpack.

Not sure that the alt mode even looks toon.

Yeah, while the alt mode's been super-deformed, the bonnet looks more elongated than the original toy and toon model. I am hoping the actual car chibi proportion is better and we just got a photo taken at an angle.

Siege Skyfire, on the other hand, :eek: wow. If it were larger, it would fit right into the MP line.

DELTAprime
10th February 2019, 12:19 PM
Here are some good images of him.

I'm not a fan of the backpack.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/09/masterpiece-bumblebee-2-0-fully-revealed-at-wonder-festival-japan-382427

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2019/021004.jpg

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 12:28 PM
Am I alone in thinking that overall, the V1.0 was better - even with the slight clown shoes?

danny-boy
10th February 2019, 12:31 PM
It’s not perfect but I think it’s a big improvement over MP-21.

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 12:53 PM
It’s not perfect but I think it’s a big improvement over MP-21.

I completely disagree. The only viewing angle where this thing looks right, is front on. The heel machetes (calling them heel spurs is like calling Mt Kosciusko a large hill) on the back of the feet are way worse than the clown shoes on V1.0 and while the chest may be slightly smaller (the other chest, though not as flat as cartoon accurate, wasn't bad), the backpack on this is twice as horrendous.

To draw on an example which I know is a "you need some perspective if you're comparing a person's life to a toy" situation, but which illustrates the problem perfectly, the design choices strike me as being akin to replacing a dodgy kidney in a person while amputating one of their arms.

Ralph Wiggum
10th February 2019, 12:59 PM
Yeah, the backpack on MP45 is a mess, compared to MP21. The poseability is a plus and the colour is spot-on.

These sorts of announcements are bittersweet because we get great looking figures with cartoon accuracy, yet we wonder what to do with the V1.0 figures that have beem sitting in our collection. And let’s not even start on the rumoured price...

TT have shown they’re not holding back on redesigning their figures. Seekers 3.0 is not a question of if but when. :mad:

drifand
10th February 2019, 01:00 PM
After seeing the price. I am done with MPs. Exit out of this line. It was great, urm wait not so great.

I can clearly see why TT decided not to release hound now.

Robzy
10th February 2019, 01:04 PM
I think he looks great. Love the head sculpt.

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the backpack on MP45 is a mess, compared to MP21. The poseability is a plus and the colour is spot-on.

It's not just the backpack though. Can anyone honestly tell me that when you compare the clown shoes on V1.0 which are at least in proportion, with the back to front diving flippers on V2.0, that the update's feet are in any way, shape or form an improvement, the moment you look at them from any angle other than squarely front on and with the figure standing straight up and square?

graza78
10th February 2019, 01:57 PM
Looks good from the front. Backpack looks like panels of a car just collapsed and smooshed together with massive gaps everywhere and those feet...wow umm just terrible! Kibble-tastic "Masterpiece"!

M-bot
10th February 2019, 02:06 PM
“Screen accurate”? Show me a screen shot of any episode with those feet and backpack!:rolleyes::D

Shirokaze
10th February 2019, 02:20 PM
Oh man, this thing sucks. I'm not even going to try and be diplomatic.

FatalityPitt
10th February 2019, 02:37 PM
TT have shown they’re not holding back on redesigning their figures. Seekers 3.0 is not a question of if but when. :mad:

Wait until they take this new Bumblebee MP and retool it to look more "toy-accurate", and label it as "MP-45+". :p

SharkyMcShark
10th February 2019, 02:43 PM
I dunno, I think the MP line began to veer off my from interest around the time of Sunstreaker.

The focus on it seems to be less having a vehicle that transforms into a robot, than having a transformation that hides all vehicle panels inside the mass of the robot and replaces it with fake parts to match the deformations and proportional trickery of the G1 cartoon.

It's much less interesting.

bowspearer
10th February 2019, 03:04 PM
Looks good from the front.

Oh yes, the viewing angle from 0 degrees looks amazing - it's the viewing angles from 1 degree - 359 degrees and particularly 90 degrees - 270 degrees, where it looks like the Masterpiece design equivalent of an episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Wait until they take this new Bumblebee MP and retool it to look more "toy-accurate", and label it as "MP-45+". :p

Who are you kidding? MP-45+ will just be the exact same figure, painted in matt canary yellow, with 1 fire effect part included.

drifand
10th February 2019, 03:41 PM
$150 for this small mp.

Galvatran
10th February 2019, 03:48 PM
I'm not a fan of the backpack.
What back pack? Oh, that's just Barney Gumble (https://tenor.com/view/barney-simpsons-sexy-dance-gif-5630289).

Thurmus
10th February 2019, 04:10 PM
I liked that the Masterpiece series was what I thought I was playing with when I had the G1 version. Perfect real life car to robot that looked close to the G1 but still awesome.

I have no interest in cartoon accurate versions or colour schemes. I am hoping they bring out a reality based colour scheme for Hound or elose there is another I won't buy.

philby
10th February 2019, 04:21 PM
Lol wat
Are they for real?? This looks so weirdly horrible. :confused:

ampoldj
10th February 2019, 04:31 PM
Wait from that photo behind Bumblebee, Hound is still MP 47? Ok time to sleep again. :p

FruitBuyer
10th February 2019, 06:03 PM
Lol wat
Are they for real?? This looks so weirdly horrible. :confused:

A face that not even Primus can love

Bidoofdude
10th February 2019, 06:10 PM
I love this little guy, the silhouette and colours are just right and were lacking on their previous attempt.

Another Bumblebee seems stupid, when there are plenty of other characters yet to be done, and an existing Bumblebee mould that didn't really fly off the shelves (it is one I often see in HK when finding MPs in the toy stores).
The only reason I'd see them doing another Bumblebee, is if the vehicle mode was sculpted more like the original toy (and to an extend, the cartoon, which looked more compact than a real VW)... as that deformed vehicle mode appearance to the original Bumblebee / Cliffjumper / Hubcap / Bumper toys could be easier to do as a single base mould with alternate vehicle panels. And that deformed (squished) vehicle mode that isn't a replica, might not require licensing either.

If the licensing is really the reason we haven’t seen stuff like Jazz yet, then Bumblebee isn’t taking up the slot such a character would have received. If this release is paving the way for Cliffjumper and other chibu-style minibots, it would nake sense, as MP-21 would look sorely out of place with them.

Lord_Zed
10th February 2019, 08:33 PM
Boy such controversy, some fans saying this Bumblebee is the worst thing ever, others saying it's great, strong opinions all round.

I think I'm in the middle ground, I quite like the look of this guy, and I think it's nifty that they used the penny racer alt mode and fake chest so he's different from the first MP BB. I like that this toy is different enough that it can sit alongside the first one rather than replace it.

The price on the other hand, that's another story that I really struggle with.

Jazzman
10th February 2019, 08:39 PM
Seems to be a real mixed fan base for poor old Bee - but aren't we spoiled for choice? :confused: VW accuracy with MP-21 and now toon accuracy with MP-45? Technically isn't this already the + version of MP-21, but because it's a redesign, not a retooling, it gets a new MP number? I've grabbed the + version of Red Alert and a pre-order on Wheeljack as I think they've benefited the most from the anime colours, not splashing out on Prowl, Shockwave or Bluestreak though... But I've gotta get me a toon version of BB!!! :D

Kranix
10th February 2019, 10:35 PM
I think this new Bumblebee looks terrible, I much prefer the first MP version but I'm happy for those who like the new one. Although I can't help but think a toon painted version of the first version as a + release would have been better, even with a new face like they did for + Bluestreak.

drifand
10th February 2019, 11:40 PM
Would have thought mp-21+ would be enough and cheaper option.
I only needed it to be lemon yellow.

The price to me is not great for this piece.

doublespy
11th February 2019, 12:17 AM
I quite like it.

And love the controversy lol.:p

Magnus
11th February 2019, 01:43 AM
I've found an Instagram account that posted photos of Bumblebee from the side: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrrwshnVnx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Yeah, it's a big, ungainly backpack. MP-21 has a backpack, but it's smaller and neater. It would seem that the properly proportioned Beetle gave the designers more room to work with in terms of hiding parts in both modes and shifting things around. Here, because the designers wanted the Penny Racer proportions, there was no way the designers would get that cartoon-accurate chest out of the Beetle cabin and roof, so everything had to get folded up and away.

I don't really care for G1 Bumblebee, but even so, aside from the proportions, I don't think this warrants a purchase if you already have or are eyeing MP-21 - unless you're a completist, a big Bumblebee fan, or you really want the most cartoon-accurate look possible.

Tha_Phantom
11th February 2019, 08:59 AM
Man, the reaction to this has been brutal, but I get it, the feet and back are far from great. On the other hand, they're going for slavish cartoon accuracy and all that mass (mess?) has to go somewhere to get the right bot proportions.

Inb4 "what episode of the cartoon did Bee have a big backpack and feet spurs" :rolleyes:

MayzaPrime
11th February 2019, 01:02 PM
I think it has to be mis-transformed. Surely the feet and back kibble fold in better than what is being displayed.

If not... then I am happy to display it in vehicle mode

Gofigure
11th February 2019, 01:22 PM
Seems to be a real mixed fan base for poor old Bee - but aren't we spoiled for choice? :confused: VW accuracy with MP-21 and now toon accuracy with MP-45? Technically isn't this already the + version of MP-21, but because it's a redesign, not a retooling, it gets a new MP number? I've grabbed the + version of Red Alert and a pre-order on Wheeljack as I think they've benefited the most from the anime colours, not splashing out on Prowl, Shockwave or Bluestreak though... But I've gotta get me a toon version of BB!!! :D

100% sir! Good problems?

Anything G1 I’m a sucker for so I’m always in. I am surprised by the level of hate. The nostalgia feels I have for Bee are high and I like this figure so far

Trent
11th February 2019, 01:49 PM
Man, the reaction to this has been brutal, but I get it, the feet and back are far from great. On the other hand, they're going for slavish cartoon accuracy and all that mass (mess?) has to go somewhere to get the right bot proportions.

Inb4 "what episode of the cartoon did Bee have a big backpack and feet spurs" :rolleyes:

I would debate the cartoon accuracy because of all the visible folded panels. I mean, at a quick glance this looks pretty good but the more time I spend looking at it the more I think it doesn’t even really achieve the toon accurate look.

Tha_Phantom
11th February 2019, 01:57 PM
at a quick glance this looks pretty good but the more time I spend looking at it the more I think it doesn’t even really achieve the toon accurate look.

You know what, I'm getting less and less enthusiastic for it myself and I'm a huge Bee fan (in case my avatar didn't already give that away :p ).
I was hyped when a new Bee was announced and when I saw the first blurry pic and couple of pics I was still hyped, but yeah, kinda just ordering out of obligation now.

FruitBuyer
11th February 2019, 02:04 PM
100% sir! Good problems?

Anything G1 I’m a sucker for so I’m always in. I am surprised by the level of hate. The nostalgia feels I have for Bee are high and I like this figure so far

Oh I personally don't hate it. I'm perfectly happy with MP-21 and am happy that I can save some money with another release I won't touch.

Thinking about it, I've wondered what a MP Grimlock v2 would look like with the slavish toon look. He'd need to be around Ultra Magnus in size but the proportions of the original toon model would personally look ridiculous. Grinder is already a perfect MP Grimlock to me

DaptoDog
11th February 2019, 02:23 PM
I think it has to be mis-transformed. Surely the feet and back kibble fold in better than what is being displayed.

If not... then I am happy to display it in vehicle mode

I can't embed the photos on my phone but these pics attached suggest it has been mistransformed. The backpack doesn't look nearly as bad from the back at least.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/7203dbe3-2736-4676-9e29-36cfc4a6e286-jpeg.28201165/
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/173eb7c0-c7a7-4af3-abe4-7a6b0e52300c-jpeg.28201169/
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/572b3d5a-7ead-4230-be92-1f40bfd85ddd-jpeg.28201164/

I'm reserving judgement until we see the proper pictures. However, there is speculation that this will lead to a proper Minibot MP subline with Cliffjumper up next. If this is true I can forgive Bumblebee V2 not being perfect.

MayzaPrime
11th February 2019, 02:38 PM
I can't embed the photos on my phone but these pics attached suggest it has been mistransformed. The backpack doesn't look nearly as bad from the back at least.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/7203dbe3-2736-4676-9e29-36cfc4a6e286-jpeg.28201165/
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/173eb7c0-c7a7-4af3-abe4-7a6b0e52300c-jpeg.28201169/
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/572b3d5a-7ead-4230-be92-1f40bfd85ddd-jpeg.28201164/

I'm reserving judgement until we see the proper pictures. However, there is speculation that this will lead to a proper Minibot MP subline with Cliffjumper up next. If this is true I can forgive Bumblebee V2 not being perfect.

Well that would be awesome if we get the rest of the Mini-bots.

KELPIE
11th February 2019, 03:48 PM
Love the Alt mode.

Bot mode... front on it looks great and I'd be interested to see what the alternate head looks like. Is it a toy accurate face plate, or like an OP v3, where there are differences in design across the various seasons.

$150 is a lot of moolah though. Have to think about it since I would likely be keeping him in alt mode next to the bot of the previous release.

DELTAprime
11th February 2019, 04:23 PM

That picture makes the backpack look good, still not cartoon accurate, but not the mess that's on show at the Wonder Fest.

High_Q
11th February 2019, 04:41 PM
There are more pics (https://tformers.com/wonderfest-winter-2019-mp-45-masterpiece-bumblebee-promo-images/34732/news.html) of both modes in different angles.

I'd be interested to see what the alternate head looks like

From the latest images, it's just the expressionless face, plus two alternate expressions. No face plate option shown but maybe the text provides more information.

griffin
11th February 2019, 09:32 PM
However, there is speculation that this will lead to a proper Minibot MP subline with Cliffjumper up next. If this is true I can forgive Bumblebee V2 not being perfect.

That goes back to my earlier comment that the only reason they would do a chibi Bumblebee would be to give us the base frame for Cliffjumper, Hubcap and Bumper... but the problem though, people might be willing to shell out $150 for a primary character like Bumblebee, but half that would buy Cliffjumper at that price, and half of that again would also be willing to spend that much on obscure minibots like Hubcap and Bumper. There is just so much redeco potential for this mould now that it is more accurate to the original Bumblebee toy (this one would make more sense than the first MP Bee in blue, black, green, etc to homage the South American and BotCon redecos of the original Bumblebee toy)... I'd buy one in every colour of the rainbow if the price was half what is being speculated (and it should be, since the earlier Autobot Cars that are bigger, used to be about AU$80)

To just see how over-priced this Bumblebee is at 13,000yen, this list has the various Autobot Cars since the first one in 2012, and any Masterpiece toys since then that were 13,000yen or less.
The prices didn't really start to skyrocket fast until the anime redecos in 2017 (especially the larger MPs that aren't on this list), and those anime redecos were limited edition TakaraTomyMall exclusives, which justifies a price increase to cover the cost of the smaller run. But then after that, the regular release toys (even mere redecos) were costing just as much. So either the regular release toys are now being done in similar small numbers as the exclusives, or TakaraTomy felt that if people were happy to pay exclusives prices, then why not use them on the regular toys as well. :(

It's hard to believe that this tiny new Bumblebee is about the same price or more, than the much larger Seeker Jet mould, or even the MP-10 cab (like Black Convoy).

- - MP11 - Coronation Starscream (remould - Decep) 13600yen
- - MP11S - Sunstorm (redeco - Decep) 13600yen
- - MP12 - Lambor/Sideswipe (new - Auto) 6000yen (7000yen for Amazon.jp excl version)
- - MP10B - Black Convoy (MP-10 redeco, no Trailer - Decep) 13,400yen
- - MP17 - Prowl (new -Auto) 6,000yen
- - MP18 -Bluestreak (remould Prowl - Auto) 6,000yen
- - MP19 - Smokescreen (remould Prowl - Auto) 6,800yen
- - MP12G - Gen2 Sideswipe (redeco w/ new accessories and head - Auto) (6,800yen)
- - MP20 - Wheeljack (new - Auto) (6,500yen)
- - MP21 - Bumblebee (new - Auto) (6,500yen)
- - MP-23 - Exhaust (redeco Wheeljack) (7,000yen)
- - MP-21G - Gen2 Gold Bumble (Bumblebee) (redeco with Jetpack (5,500yen)
- - MP-18B - Bluestreak (blue redeco Streak) (TakaraTomyMall excl & Hasbro HK) (8,000yen)
- - MP-25 - Tracks (new) (7,500yen)
- - MP-26 - Road Rage (remoulded Tracks) (7,000yen)
- - MP-21R - Red Bumble (redeco - Satellite Store exclusive in Japan - plus Asia release) (5500yen)
- - MP-14C - Clampdown (redeco Red Alert - TakaraTomyMall exclusive in Japan of 2000 units - plus HK release) (8,000yen)
--- MP-27 - Ironhide (10,000yen)
--- MP-28 - Hot Rodimus (Hotrod) (8,000yen)
--- MP-29 - Laserwave (Shockwave) - (12,000yen)
--- MP-30 - Ratchet (remould Ironhide) - (10,000yen)
--- MP-25L - Loudpedal (black redeco Tracks w/ redeco Raoul & Microman Blaster) (Tokyo Toy Show excl) - (8,500yen)
--- MP-14+ - (Red) Alert Anime Colour Edition (minor redeco) TakaraTomyMall exclusive - (8,400yen)
--- MP-32 - (Beast) Convoy (Optimus Primal) - (11,000yen)
--- MP-33 - Inferno - (13,000yen)
--- MP-34 - Cheetor (7,000yen)
--- MP-35 - Grapple (remould Inferno) (13,000yen)
--- MP-11 - Starscream (reissue) (14,040yen)
--- MP-37 - Artfire (redeco Inferno) w/ Nightstick (new) (12,000yen)
--- MP-38 - Optimus Primal (redeco Beast Convoy in toy colours) (11,000yen)
--- MPM-3 - (Movie) Bumblebee (new - similar to Hasbro version) - (9700yen)
--- MP-12+ - Lambor/Sideswipe (anime minor redeco) - (8500yen)
--- MP-39 - Sunstreaker (new) - (12,000yen)
--- MP-10B - Black Convoy (Reissue - cab only) - (12,800yen)
--- MP-40 - Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (minor redeco with new Targetmaster gun) - (9,000yen)
--- MP-21 - Bumble(bee) (reissue) - (5500yen)
--- MPM-5 - Barricade - (10,000yen)
--- MP-34S - Shadow Panther (redeco Cheetor w/ new head & accessories - TakaraTomyMall exclusive) - (8600yen)
--- MP-17+ - Prowl (Anime Edition) (minor redeco - TakaraTomyMall exclusive) - (9200yen)
--- MP-42 - Cordon (white "Diaclone" Sunstreaker) - (14,000yen)
--- MPM-07 - Bumblebee (new - VW) - (10,000yen)
--- MP-45 Bumblebee - 13,000 Yen

Galvatran
11th February 2019, 10:12 PM
You know what, I'm getting less and less enthusiastic for it myself and I'm a huge Bee fan (in case my avatar didn't already give that away :p ).
I was hyped when a new Bee was announced and when I saw the first blurry pic and couple of pics I was still hyped, but yeah, kinda just ordering out of obligation now.
Stick to your guns.

Magnus
11th February 2019, 11:20 PM

Good find. It looks like the display figure was mistransformed or those bottom two folded panels came loose. It's still a big backpack, but at least it's a bit more compacted and therefore cohesive.

That goes back to my earlier comment that the only reason they would do a chibi Bumblebee would be to give us the base frame for Cliffjumper, Hubcap and Bumper... but the problem though, people might be willing to shell out $150 for a primary character like Bumblebee, but half that would buy Cliffjumper at that price, and half of that again would also be willing to spend that much on obscure minibots like Hubcap and Bumper. There is just so much redeco potential for this mould now that it is more accurate to the original Bumblebee toy (this one would make more sense than the first MP Bee in blue, black, green, etc to homage the South American and BotCon redecos of the original Bumblebee toy)... I'd buy one in every colour of the rainbow if the price was half what is being speculated (and it should be, since the earlier Autobot Cars that are bigger, used to be about AU$80)

To just see how over-priced this Bumblebee is at 13,000yen, this list has the various Autobot Cars since the first one in 2012, and any Masterpiece toys since then that were 13,000yen or less.
The prices didn't really start to skyrocket fast until the anime redecos in 2017 (especially the larger MPs that aren't on this list), and those anime redecos were limited edition TakaraTomyMall exclusives, which justifies a price increase to cover the cost of the smaller run. But then after that, the regular release toys (even mere redecos) were costing just as much. So either the regular release toys are now being done in similar small numbers as the exclusives, or TakaraTomy felt that if people were happy to pay exclusives prices, then why not use them on the regular toys as well. :(

It's hard to believe that this tiny new Bumblebee is about the same price or more, than the much larger Seeker Jet mould, or even the MP-10 cab (like Black Convoy).

- - MP11 - Coronation Starscream (remould - Decep) 13600yen
- - MP11S - Sunstorm (redeco - Decep) 13600yen
- - MP12 - Lambor/Sideswipe (new - Auto) 6000yen (7000yen for Amazon.jp excl version)
- - MP10B - Black Convoy (MP-10 redeco, no Trailer - Decep) 13,400yen
- - MP17 - Prowl (new -Auto) 6,000yen
- - MP18 -Bluestreak (remould Prowl - Auto) 6,000yen
- - MP19 - Smokescreen (remould Prowl - Auto) 6,800yen
- - MP12G - Gen2 Sideswipe (redeco w/ new accessories and head - Auto) (6,800yen)
- - MP20 - Wheeljack (new - Auto) (6,500yen)
- - MP21 - Bumblebee (new - Auto) (6,500yen)
- - MP-23 - Exhaust (redeco Wheeljack) (7,000yen)
- - MP-21G - Gen2 Gold Bumble (Bumblebee) (redeco with Jetpack (5,500yen)
- - MP-18B - Bluestreak (blue redeco Streak) (TakaraTomyMall excl & Hasbro HK) (8,000yen)
- - MP-25 - Tracks (new) (7,500yen)
- - MP-26 - Road Rage (remoulded Tracks) (7,000yen)
- - MP-21R - Red Bumble (redeco - Satellite Store exclusive in Japan - plus Asia release) (5500yen)
- - MP-14C - Clampdown (redeco Red Alert - TakaraTomyMall exclusive in Japan of 2000 units - plus HK release) (8,000yen)
--- MP-27 - Ironhide (10,000yen)
--- MP-28 - Hot Rodimus (Hotrod) (8,000yen)
--- MP-29 - Laserwave (Shockwave) - (12,000yen)
--- MP-30 - Ratchet (remould Ironhide) - (10,000yen)
--- MP-25L - Loudpedal (black redeco Tracks w/ redeco Raoul & Microman Blaster) (Tokyo Toy Show excl) - (8,500yen)
--- MP-14+ - (Red) Alert Anime Colour Edition (minor redeco) TakaraTomyMall exclusive - (8,400yen)
--- MP-32 - (Beast) Convoy (Optimus Primal) - (11,000yen)
--- MP-33 - Inferno - (13,000yen)
--- MP-34 - Cheetor (7,000yen)
--- MP-35 - Grapple (remould Inferno) (13,000yen)
--- MP-11 - Starscream (reissue) (14,040yen)
--- MP-37 - Artfire (redeco Inferno) w/ Nightstick (new) (12,000yen)
--- MP-38 - Optimus Primal (redeco Beast Convoy in toy colours) (11,000yen)
--- MPM-3 - (Movie) Bumblebee (new - similar to Hasbro version) - (9700yen)
--- MP-12+ - Lambor/Sideswipe (anime minor redeco) - (8500yen)
--- MP-39 - Sunstreaker (new) - (12,000yen)
--- MP-10B - Black Convoy (Reissue - cab only) - (12,800yen)
--- MP-40 - Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (minor redeco with new Targetmaster gun) - (9,000yen)
--- MP-21 - Bumble(bee) (reissue) - (5500yen)
--- MPM-5 - Barricade - (10,000yen)
--- MP-34S - Shadow Panther (redeco Cheetor w/ new head & accessories - TakaraTomyMall exclusive) - (8600yen)
--- MP-17+ - Prowl (Anime Edition) (minor redeco - TakaraTomyMall exclusive) - (9200yen)
--- MP-42 - Cordon (white "Diaclone" Sunstreaker) - (14,000yen)
--- MPM-07 - Bumblebee (new - VW) - (10,000yen)
--- MP-45 Bumblebee - 13,000 Yen

I've got a few more for you:

MP-12 Alert was released in December 2012 with an RRP of JPY5,800;

MPM-4 Optimus was released in 2017 at JPY15,000;

MP-41 Dinobot was released last year at JPY28,000;

MPM-6 Ironhide was released at the end of last year at JPY15,000; and

MP20+ Wheeljack is going to be released this month (if he's not already out) at JPY8,500.

Source: https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tf_mp

It's possible that the Movie Masterpieces have slightly higher prices due to their more complex moulding and diecast metal, where other MP cars before were nearly all plastic.

I would imagine that inflation is acting on multiple points during development: research and development, tooling for moulds, raw plastics, metals, cardboard, ink, factory operating costs, and labour; all of those little changes could be adding up to make big differences down the line. Also, it stands to reason that since newer MPs are more complex and have higher part counts, then they would have higher production costs to match.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
11th February 2019, 11:38 PM
RK has confirmed the 13000 yen RRP, and have the figure for ~US$100:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp45.html

danny-boy
12th February 2019, 08:54 AM
I absolutely love it. It’s cute and adorable. It’s the Bumblebee I grew up with. I can hear Dan Gilvezan’s voice when I look at it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/85e0511c-b02b-4a01-ad9b-489128e18e50-jpeg.28201785/

DaptoDog
12th February 2019, 08:56 AM
Looks much better front on. But why has the canary yellow from the festival reverted back to the less appealing yellow/orange of MP-21? Or is it just a camera trick?

philby
12th February 2019, 10:27 AM
There are some official photos on tfw2005 now. It looks a little better but for me this is such a waste of time and resources. The previous MP 21 looks fantastic and has a great resemblance to the characters appearance. To do bumblebee again while there are so many characters which haven't had 1 figure let alone multiple renditions just seems redundant. Oh well, another figure I won't be getting so can save money hehe

1AZRAEL1
12th February 2019, 01:06 PM
Looks much better front on. But why has the canary yellow from the festival reverted back to the less appealing yellow/orange of MP-21? Or is it just a camera trick?

Maybe they'll release this colour and then later down the track go for MP45+ toon colours :p

drifand
12th February 2019, 01:53 PM
No point buying the fake orange. Regardless of real life or cartoon, the vw had a proper lemon yellow version. So is not a licensing excuse for those who don’t know the lemon yellow vw bug does exist.

Ralph Wiggum
12th February 2019, 05:26 PM
Maybe they'll release this colour and then later down the track go for MP45+ toon colours :p

The sad thing is that this actually has some truth in it.

Surely this is a lighting issue ?!?!?! Otherwise all this time, money and effort to create a more cartoon accurate Bee (from the front at least) and they STILL can’t get the colour right.

Oh, and I know its all about cartoon/animation scale reasons but the figure is waaay too tall when placed next to the Spike mini-figure.

Sinnertwin
12th February 2019, 05:29 PM

Oh, you know that it's in the pipeline

DaptoDog
12th February 2019, 06:00 PM
I want my yellow Bumblebee dammit!

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/BXwz_zpsbtfuqvcg.gif (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/lemmead/media/BXwz_zpsbtfuqvcg.gif.html)

UltraMarginal
12th February 2019, 06:23 PM
I really don't mind how it looks, but MP-21 looks great, does the job, very well.
I do feel that the general fan reaction to the appearance of B2 is excessively negative. I'm not getting it.
For three times the price it's got no hope of satisfying my expectations.

Is it me or has Takara's swing towards Animation accurate gone too far.
I know my personal preference is for realistic car that transforms into a very good approximation of the screen model with the car parts remaining rather than being all hidden. MP Wheeljack and the Datsuns, and BB are perfect. I'd be happy for them to have more accessories. Non real life characters like shockwave or hotrod I am more lenient on for some reason.

Lord_Zed
12th February 2019, 07:32 PM
I really don't mind how it looks, but MP-21 looks great, does the job, very well.
I do feel that the general fan reaction to the appearance of B2 is excessively negative.

Well it's mostly kind of the usual negative that all MP's will now provoke till the end of time, obviously price is a factor, but the other one is that they are remaking characters already released and collectors have this strange expectation that Takara are actually going one day fill out the entire MP line rather than remake the cash cows that are the big four over and over again, with the occasional new character mixed in. I'm pretty sure I predicted a sort of reboot of the MP line every decade a while back on these boards.

As for excessive animation accuracy, well maybe, but they need to find a reason to re-make Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron and Starscream every few years, I mean look at the main line we get those characters every second year or more. Much like in movies it's all about playing it safe and remaking what's popular again and again.

BigTransformerTrev
12th February 2019, 08:00 PM
The new look altmode is very cute - if the price tag was lower I’d be tempted to grab this, despite already owning the last MP Bee

Sinnertwin
12th February 2019, 08:35 PM
When was MP21 released? 5 years ago? MP10? That'd be almost 10 years now. I think people are *slightly* exaggerating the amount of times a new mould of an existing figure gets rereleased.

Galvatran
12th February 2019, 09:41 PM
For three times the price it's got no hope of satisfying my expectations.
I'm pretty sure someone will try & make the case. I'll summarise.
- Chibi chibi chibi version
- High degree of transformation engineering design.
- Long life rubber tyres (it better be or Autobots are screwed against Insecticons attack)
- Nailed the yellow colour
- Plastic is more expensive than die cast metal
- Manufacturing cost has shot up
- Takara needs to be profitable to ensure investment in future MPs so pleeeeeeeease support by buying two or three or more
- It's worth 3+ times that of Bumblebee v1.
- Accessories including massive memorable backpack... hmmmmm

Magnus
12th February 2019, 11:34 PM
Is it me or has Takara's swing towards Animation accurate gone too far.

I suppose TakaraTOMY have decided that they want jumped-off-the-screen accuracy, since there are collectors who want what they saw on TV as children but couldn't get. Of course, G1 was notorious form this because Floro Dery was taking some big liberties with the toys when it came to character designs.

Since those Floro Dery character models were never meant to work as actual physical objects, it's pushed designers and engineers to come with some seriously impressive figures, but the prices have likewise jumped.

When was MP21 released? 5 years ago? MP10? That'd be almost 10 years now. I think people are *slightly* exaggerating the amount of times a new mould of an existing figure gets rereleased.

MP-21 was released in November 2014.

Of the other characters to have received substantial remoulds if not all-new versions (not just redecos):

Optimus had MP-1 in December 2003, MP-10 in September 2011, and MP-44 is due for release in August of this year.

Starscream had MP-3 in September 2006, and MP-11 in March 2012.

Megatron had MP-5 in March 2007, and MP-36 in April 2017.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2019, 01:03 AM
I personally would've preferred to see the Spike figure moulded with the yellow hardhat on. It would help to make it different from MP10's Spike and Spike did sometimes wear his hardhat when riding with Bumblebee in the cartoon, so it is canonically accurate.

DaptoDog
13th February 2019, 07:48 AM
Ok I worked out why this guy is so expensive. Takara has fitted out Bee with a colour change feature. See the Amazon Japan listing photos, two show Bee as yellow and the rest are orange. This is incredible!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-TAKARA-TOMY-トランスフォーマー-バンブルVer-2-0/dp/B07NF4NX5G

Shirokaze
13th February 2019, 08:56 AM
Preorders up on Amiami for Y10,180 for those interested.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-046080

UltraMarginal
13th February 2019, 10:43 AM
I suppose TakaraTOMY have decided that they want jumped-off-the-screen accuracy, since there are collectors who want what they saw on TV as children but couldn't get. Of course, G1 was notorious form this because Floro Dery was taking some big liberties with the toys when it came to character designs.

Since those Floro Dery character models were never meant to work as actual physical objects, it's pushed designers and engineers to come with some seriously impressive figures, but the prices have likewise jumped.

MP-21 was released in November 2014.

Of the other characters to have received substantial remoulds if not all-new versions (not just redecos):

Optimus had MP-1 in December 2003, MP-10 in September 2011, and MP-44 is due for release in August of this year.

Don't forget MP-04. I'm guessing around 2006ish

I'm definitely a collector that wants MP's that are screenish accurate, but I really like the realistic vehicle - what the animation might have looked like if they had more time and budget robot mode to make it look more like it came from a vehicle.

danny-boy
13th February 2019, 11:50 AM
Surely this is a lighting issue ?!?!?! Otherwise all this time, money and effort to create a more cartoon accurate Bee (from the front at least) and they STILL can’t get the colour right.

It’ll be canary yellow. Gone are the days when you’d see a Hasui prototype and you’d clench your butt cheeks hoping he’d get the colours right.

Every MP after orange-bee has been spot on except lavender-wave.

drifand
13th February 2019, 01:15 PM
I will not be even interested in this till is released and clarified on colors.
This isn’t the first time many got played, I still remember people ordering bluestreak thinking is diaclone colors and came out just silver.

The inconsistency from sources shown definitely is a no for me. It might not be orange but somehow I think it has to do with left over paint of sunstreaker and is that color and not full lemon yellow. < which isn’t bad but I like to see first.

Some interesting facts, even when you google canary yellow or lemon yellow and click on images, we still eventually get that orange color in results. Also I hate the fact that they used the source where is more orange in the cartoon when there are several heaps of instances is yellow. <definitely debatable so is preferences.

I never assume from pictures anymore and this piece isn’t exactly a hot seller.

DELTAprime
13th February 2019, 02:02 PM
Bumblebee is up at HLJ for $152 including GST.

https://hlj.com/mp-45-transformers-masterpiece-bumblebee-ver-2-0-tkt59598

BigTransformerTrev
13th February 2019, 02:54 PM
Some interesting facts, even when you google canary yellow or lemon yellow and click on images, we still eventually get that orange color in results.

It’ll be canary yellow.

Canary yellow?! That's Australian Gold my friends and don't you fragging forget it!

12th Man rocks! :D

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2019, 03:04 PM
Chew. Chew for twenty-chew.

bowspearer
13th February 2019, 06:53 PM
Bumblebee is up at HLJ for $152 including GST.

https://hlj.com/mp-45-transformers-masterpiece-bumblebee-ver-2-0-tkt59598

So less than $15 less than Cordon then ($137.90 for Bumblebee; $152.12 for Cordon)?

Looks like the theory that the technology jump causes prices to jump and then plateau, just got more than a few holes in it.

Ralph Wiggum
13th February 2019, 07:40 PM
I’m with Drifand, I’m not touching this until I see what the final in-hand colour is post-release.

Its been a pretty disappointing 2018-2019 for G1 MPs. Even Hound seems far off into the distance. Looks like a year of MPM’s for me instead.

Sinnertwin
13th February 2019, 07:51 PM
The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. The backpack doesn't bother me as much as some who are raging over it, nor does the issue of lemon vs yellow. My only negative would have to be his feet. I wish that somehow they were able to fold them up onto his calves.

Tha_Phantom
13th February 2019, 08:05 PM
The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. The backpack doesn't bother me as much as some who are raging over it, nor does the issue of lemon vs yellow. My only negative would have to be his feet. I wish that somehow they were able to fold them up onto his calves.

Yeah agreed bud. If they can fix the feet I can ignore the backpack (he's hardly the first MP with an ugly back). Not even fussed about the shade of yellow at all.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2019, 09:12 PM
I get the feeling that the untidy looking heel spur thing may be due to budget constraints.

As for the shade of yellow, it appears to more closely match the colour of an actual VW Beetle rather than Bumblebee from the cartoon who had a lighter shade of yellow.
https://i.ibb.co/PjySccN/mp-bumblev200.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
13th February 2019, 09:58 PM
Chew. Chew for twenty-chew.

Ha! Never had you pegged for a The 12th Man fan. Nice! :D

spiderken17
13th February 2019, 10:38 PM
To me the lower leg sections done gel nicely with the feet. That's the first thing that jumps out at me. If TT can make a new mould then I wish they spent the time and resources doing Jazz rather than another version of a figure they have already done.

griffin
14th February 2019, 11:15 PM
Looking at the official images (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/12/takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-45-bumblebee-ver-2-official-stock-images-382559) and a 360 view from the TakaraTomy website (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/13/transformers-masterpiece-mp-45-bumblebee-ver-2-0-promotional-video-and-360-view-382743), I really like the look of this figure in both modes.... I just don't like the price for something so small.

Kranix
14th February 2019, 11:25 PM
Glad some people are getting into him. Personally I'm not a fan, there's not one aspect of him I prefer to the first MP Bumblebee. Im watching the cartoon right now and he is not even that accurate but of course it probably depends on what episode you're watching ;)

FruitBuyer
15th February 2019, 08:46 AM
I will say that his improved articulation is very good, much like Sunstreaker.

kurdt_the_goat
15th February 2019, 12:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ERcLkaa.jpg

Conclusion: It depends on the lemon. Discuss! :D

Paulbot
15th February 2019, 12:57 PM
I think this will be my favourite post of the year

:D

KELPIE
15th February 2019, 02:28 PM
Where's the "Thumbs up" button :D

DaptoDog
15th February 2019, 03:14 PM
Literally the GOAT post! But we need one with canaries. :D

kurdt_the_goat
15th February 2019, 03:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kKU9M3k.jpg

Bonus Red Bumblebee repaint! Or is it too Tomato? ;)

DaptoDog
15th February 2019, 03:49 PM
There is your conclusive evidence that MP-45 is not canary yellow as shown in photos so far. Take a bow Kurdt! :p

Tha_Phantom
15th February 2019, 03:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kKU9M3k.jpg

Bonus Red Bumblebee repaint! Or is it too Tomato? ;)

Everything about this is the best thing about this. :D

ampoldj
15th February 2019, 04:31 PM
Ok I worked out why this guy is so expensive. Takara has fitted out Bee with a colour change feature. See the Amazon Japan listing photos, two show Bee as yellow and the rest are orange. This is incredible!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-TAKARA-TOMY-トランスフォーマー-バンブルVer-2-0/dp/B07NF4NX5G

Yep but im not sure who is getting their Bee wet or putting in a freezer to change color ;)

Tober
14th September 2019, 05:52 PM
Been a while between posts...

Video showing transformation.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av67595826?fbclid=IwAR1ziezYlpnw4OUk628hCim293ZpzQ IiuRSjVXgANpGx75pyAGcItPvB3zk

I think the release date is Sept 28th.

Ralph Wiggum
14th September 2019, 07:15 PM
It definitely looks like a brighter yellow in-hand than in the official box pictures. Much better than MP Bumblebee 1.0.

Still not convinced on shelling out...maybe when it goes down on special or something.

drifand
15th September 2019, 01:33 PM
I am aware of fans willing to admit bumblebee colours was way off on mp 21

The color is preferably what I wanted. Likewise I wait for a sale as is expensive for a small bot

Ralph Wiggum
15th September 2019, 05:03 PM
If it ever drops to $100 I?d bite.

Tober
19th September 2019, 04:44 PM
Delayed again until November. :(

DaptoDog
19th September 2019, 05:39 PM

Urghh I had it set to ship with MP-44. Guess they'll be Christmas presents.

DELTAprime
19th September 2019, 08:53 PM

Hopefully, this will mean they have extra time to avoid things like broken knees.

Tha_Phantom
26th September 2019, 11:22 AM
Is it too early to start wanting redecos? :p
https://i.ibb.co/BPHGQYW/light-blue.jpg (https://ibb.co/n0qBYKd)
https://i.ibb.co/vP4cr6K/red.jpg (https://ibb.co/k82GrsW)

BigTransformerTrev
26th September 2019, 11:54 AM
Who is the blue guy? I know there was a G1 red Bumblebee (I have him, though bereft of tyres) and of course there is Bug Bite who is white and purple. But I’ve never seen a blue version before.

Tha_Phantom
26th September 2019, 11:59 AM
Who is the blue guy? I know there was a G1 red Bumblebee (I have him, though bereft of tyres) and of course there is Bug Bite who is white and purple. But I’ve never seen a blue version before.

In the Microchange line there were three decos of Bumblebee - yellow, red and light blue. So it's a pre-TF deco. :D
https://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf/bluebee_template.html

griffin
26th September 2019, 05:11 PM
There is also a dark blue version that showed up as a BotCon exclusive (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Glyph_(G1)) called Glyph. And an orange one released in South America (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Volks_(G1)#Toys) called Volks... and apparently in silver/grey too (http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/EstrellaVolks/volks.htm).

Being a smaller, "cheaper" Masterpiece, I think we will see the usual black redeco (the Keychain version of Bumblebee was done in black), and a gold "golden lagoon" redeco (like the Gen2 toy).

So, there are already heaps of homage options for this yellow toy - red, light blue, dark blue, orange, silver/grey, black, gold and white (Bugbite).
Which one will they do first?

griffin
26th September 2019, 05:49 PM
More official images of the new Bumblebee (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/09/25/transformers-masterpiece-mp-45-bumblebee-ver-2-0-stock-images-397034) from an American online store, including it's Hasbro outer cover (added to the recent Masterpiece toys for their release in America).

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th September 2019, 11:30 AM
I would like a Masterpiece Glyph, though I sort of think the older MP 'bee mold would work a little better. Glyph's character always struck me as suiting a 'stockier' look than a slender one somehow.

Tha_Phantom
27th September 2019, 11:57 AM
I did do a digibash of what Glyph could look like too. Personally I'm not a fan of it though, I prefer the MC lighter shade.
https://i.ibb.co/HBXBcrs/Glyph.jpg (https://ibb.co/JmCmYz4)

EDIT: since griffin mentioned it earlier, here is what an orange Volks could look like. Although the original toy was never released in Japan, so I highly doubt Takara would even consider it when there are more relevant options for their market. I'd put my money on a red Bumble version or golden lagoon deco being the most likely choices.
https://i.ibb.co/br1ZmkW/volks.jpg (https://ibb.co/FB6M3Fx)

Krayt
21st November 2019, 10:14 PM
Is this guy still happening? Is discontinued on HLJ, so listing is hidden, and BA just got charged, but not BB...

Bidoofdude
22nd November 2019, 12:14 AM
Is this guy still happening? Is discontinued on HLJ, so listing is hidden, and BA just got charged, but not BB...

Haven’t people had it in hand? I thought I saw posts, but I may be misremembering.

Tober
22nd November 2019, 03:28 AM

I was charged for Bumblebee about two minutes before Black Widow by HLJ.

High_Q
22nd November 2019, 08:29 AM
I just paid for mine and it’s about to be posted by Amiami.

Tha_Phantom
25th November 2019, 12:52 PM

Should be getting mine off Robotoyz by the end of the week. It's definitely happening.

BigTransformerTrev
26th November 2019, 02:01 PM

He is listed at HLJ as in stock at the moment.

I really love the look of him but at $150 I can't justify getting him when I already have a MP Bee and am getting both Black Arachnia and Hound. Hopefully he ends up on sale at some point in the future.

Speaking of BA and Hound, I hope Hound keeps on his release schedule of December. That way I can have him boxed with BA before she automatically ships in 55 days.

danny-boy
26th November 2019, 06:13 PM
Ahhh the old MP-21 Bumblebee. I've always hated it. It doesn't look like BB in either mode. I actually took it out of display long before MP-45 was announced. It's been sitting in its box at the back of the shed for years. Well at least I'm getting good use out of the exo-suit.

My MP-45 is on it's way from Nippon Yasan. The backpack and feet still bug me (pun not intended) but if there's one thing Takara Tomy do well is bring a piece of plastic to life. This has got Bumblebee's warmth and charm oozing out of it. I can't wait to see it in person.

Trent
26th November 2019, 11:33 PM
It’s $167 plus shipping from HLJ. Cold day in hell before I pay that for the little guy.

DaptoDog
27th November 2019, 06:53 AM
My doubles were $150 each shipped from Nippon-Yasan since I ordered them together with MP-44. Both are on the way but I have to wait till Christmas to open them. Hope the wait is worth it.

danny-boy
29th November 2019, 01:10 PM
My doubles were $150 each shipped from Nippon-Yasan since I ordered them together with MP-44. Both are on the way but I have to wait till Christmas to open them. Hope the wait is worth it.

Yeah same, bought a double and worked out to be $150 each. Arrived this morning. I?ve only had a chance to admire the chibi beetle mode.

BigTransformerTrev
29th November 2019, 02:40 PM
Ahhh the old MP-21 Bumblebee. I've always hated it. It doesn't look like BB in either mode.

This one has got Bumblebee's warmth and charm oozing out of it. I can't wait to see it in person.

I'm one of those people that prefers MP's that sacrifice a bit of cartoon accuracy for a great looking/ real-life looking alt-mode. But I must admit I agree with you here, this Bumblebee looks so much better than the last one. Hope to own it one day if it comes down in price. Until then I'll have to make do with the older one I already have.