PDA

View Full Version : G1 Predaking

Tilarta
18th March 2019, 04:39 AM
I'm looking for a G1 Predaking, preferably one that's not overly expensive and can be purchased within Australia.

International exchange rates and shipping costs are having a detrimental effect on my collecting lately, so I'm looking for ways to acquire these items without paying a lot of money.

The items don't necessary need to be in the original box, I will gladly accept unboxed as long as the toys are in good condition and come with all their weapons/Predaking accessories.

Disclaimer: Please do not mention third party Transformers.

spiderken17
18th March 2019, 07:43 PM
Are you after original G1 or will a re-issue G1 do?

Tilarta
18th March 2019, 08:06 PM
I would prefer a Reissue, since the notes I consulted stated some improvements in toy quality were made for those versions.

Platinum Edition (international) is the one I was attempting to get, because I think it was less costly then the Takara Tomy Japanese sets.

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2019, 09:56 PM
Disclaimer: Please do not mention third party Transformers.
lol, board rules forbid users from discussing unauthorised products outside of the specific section allocated for it, so as long as you don't descend into those depths then the rest of the board is pretty safe. :)

Best of luck in your quest for a reissue Predaking.

Tha_Phantom
19th March 2019, 08:42 AM
I have a Platinum Edition Predaking I'd be willing to part with. The only issue is a small crack on one of the joints of Divebomb - this doesn't affect the transformation in any way, but it's there. Otherwise the set is complete but without box. Happy to send pics and negotiate a price if you're interested.
I am a trusted seller in Facebook Transformer groups and can provide references if necessary.

Tilarta
19th March 2019, 08:51 AM
Please define what impact the crack has on Divebomb.
Could it get larger over time and eventually split the joint?

Tha_Phantom
19th March 2019, 08:56 AM
Please define what impact the crack has on Divebomb.
Could it get larger over time and eventually split the joint?

No chance of that. I'll send pics though if interested.

Tilarta
19th March 2019, 09:00 AM
Yes, I would like to see the images.
Could you also photograph the crack so I can get an idea of what kindof damage it is?
I could possibly repair it with plastic filler or something if it's not too severe.

I don't use Facebook, so uncertain how the references will work.

Tha_Phantom
19th March 2019, 09:13 AM
No worries will post some pics up tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm never out to rip people off, any defects will be documented and I'm sure we can agree on
a fair price if you decide to proceed.

spiderken17
19th March 2019, 09:43 AM
I also have a reissue set i would be willing to part with.

Tilarta
19th March 2019, 11:34 AM
Looking at a professional reseller site, a mint condition boxed reissue Predaking set is reselling for 140 AUD (100 USD).
That's on the fair sites, not the scalper sites, which are asking double or triple that amount.

I'm not sure if unboxed and slight damage would lower the price below that quote.

Tha_Phantom
19th March 2019, 02:03 PM
You should grab spiderken17's set if his is intact.

Jetfire in the sky
19th March 2019, 05:39 PM
Looking at a professional reseller site, a mint condition boxed reissue Predaking set is reselling for 140 AUD (100 USD).
That's on the fair sites, not the scalper sites, which are asking double or triple that amount.

I'm not sure if unboxed and slight damage would lower the price below that quote.

Man, $140 is bloody good, what's the postage though?

Tilarta
19th March 2019, 09:42 PM
@Jetfire in the sky
Ah, that was the problem, while the price was acceptible, the website refused to define the shipping costs for the item from America to Australia.
I don’t like authorizing payments when I have no idea what the combined total will be.
So reluctantly, while I wanted to buy that item, I chose not to for the above reason.

Many online sellers lost my custom because they insisted on only permitting the most expensive shipping options.
For example, if it saves me money, I’ll take a slower shipping time over one that will get it to me fast.

@spiderken17
Please post pictures of your set so I can see the inventory and condition of the items.

spiderken17
19th March 2019, 10:31 PM
Pm sent