PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Hound, Cyclonus and Cheetor!

kurdt_the_goat
7th November 2008, 01:37 AM
TakaraTomy just **** all over Hasbro's effort imo!
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/media/tf/crashiccs/c_21_l.jpg
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/media/tf/crashiccs/c_20_l.jpg
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/media/tf/crashiccs/c_19_l.jpg

STL
7th November 2008, 03:43 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Did they or what?

WANT!

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 06:42 AM
Is that Henkei or e-hobby?

jaydisc
7th November 2008, 07:16 AM
Is that purple chrome on Cyclonus' wings? Intriguing. Also, the chrome on Nightstick and the bumper on Hound look great. Cyclonus' purple does seem a bit light, but they both do look awesome. I have no opinion/interest in Cheetor.

lcz128
7th November 2008, 07:32 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Henkei FTW!!!!!! :D
Looks like I may even pass on picking up hasbro Cyclonus for repaint purposes!

Hound just looks too purty :D

Anyone see custom potential out of the hasbro ones anymore? :S

Adzma
7th November 2008, 08:10 AM
They do look nice, but I agree with jay, Cyclonus' purple is way too bright.

i_amtrunks
7th November 2008, 08:45 AM
Need pics of Cyclonus's jet mode to drool over...

Cheetor looks much better in the darker almost caramel coloured orange, rather than the yellow that Hasbro have painted him.

Chrome placement on the G1 based figures is spiffy, all 3 are massive improvements on the plain Hasbro versions.

gamblor916
7th November 2008, 08:47 AM
This looks so much nicer. Chrome is in just the right places.

kup
7th November 2008, 09:12 AM
TakaraTomy just **** all over Hasbro's effort imo!

What effort?;)

HAHA!

Cyclonus looks fantastic! I am not a fan of the bright purple but even with that it is kicking Hasbro's butt!

Hound - Just wow!! It no longer looks as if he belongs in Animated and the dark green has really brought the character out. Its amazing the difference that a good paint job makes over a crappy one. However I don't like how Ravage's legs are not silver.

Cheetor - It is still a crappy mold but the much improved paint job has made it look decent!

heroic_decepticon
7th November 2008, 09:17 AM
Cyclonus looks sweet

blackie
7th November 2008, 09:21 AM
oh man oh man oh man oh man i cant wait for the henkei now, stupid hasbro, why cant you be cool like takara???

Thanatos
7th November 2008, 09:52 AM
Cyclonus is too lilac for my tastes... although it is still a significant improvement.

Hound is definately my pick of those 3. There's a real chance I'll have to skip the Hasbro one for this... it's that much better. Wow

Cheetor... I still don't quite know how I feel about these Beast Wars figures and I'm not positive I'll be getting them. In any case, I see advantages to both figures across Hasbro and Takara. I can definately see myself getting Takara Dinobot since I imagine they'll do a show accurate paint job.

kup
7th November 2008, 09:56 AM
Why is it so hard for hasbro to do a show accurate paint job or at least true to the original toy?

MV75
7th November 2008, 10:25 AM
Cyclonus: Man I'm now glad I preordered that. Proper grey! Silver face! *fan-gasm* 'cuse me, I need to clean up.

Sure the main purple could have been a little darker, but oh man that freaking rules.

Hound: It's amazing what some yellow paint can do. If that gun can shoulder mount, he'd just pass in acceptable for me in robot mode.

Cheetor: Looks very good as a robot.

k.wong23
7th November 2008, 10:35 AM
These Henkei'ss are far superior to the Hasbro version IMO, definately will pick these up instead of local release ;)

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 10:50 AM
Cyclonus: Man I'm now glad I preordered that. Proper grey! Silver face!

Where from?

Robzy
7th November 2008, 11:04 AM
... I'm speechless... (or typeless) :eek:

What effort?;)
:D

STL
7th November 2008, 11:14 AM
Anyone see custom potential out of the hasbro ones anymore? :S

I see
Hound -> Swindle potential,
Cyclonus - Needlenose, Devcon
Cheetor -> X-9 (since they will obviously release the mold as Tigatron)

kup
7th November 2008, 11:16 AM
I see
Hound -> Swindle potential,
Cyclonus - Needlenose, Devcon
Cheetor -> X-9 (since they will obviously release the mold as Tigatron)

Swindle is something Hasbro would jump in to repaint for sure. However I am not sure if it will work without remolding as Hound seems rather 'friendly' in his look.

jaydisc
7th November 2008, 11:20 AM
Scary possibility: I hope TT isn't doing promo shots like Hasbro now. :cool:

kup
7th November 2008, 11:21 AM

Possible but unlikely. With Previous Henkeis the final product has been the same (or very close) as what's advertized.

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 11:22 AM

I would think they definitely are.

STL
7th November 2008, 11:27 AM
Swindle is something Hasbro would jump in to repaint for sure. However I am not sure if it will work without remolding as Hound seems rather 'friendly' in his look.

True, that gun I think is the main thing that would need to be changed but obviously Hasbro would be too lazy for that. I also see the problem there for Hasbro as who would the kitty cat be? Or would they give us an all new tape?

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 11:30 AM
Hasbro would be too lazy for that. I also see the problem there for Hasbro as who would the kitty cat be? Or would they give us an all new tape?

Bet they colour it yellow and call it Steeljaw.

kup
7th November 2008, 11:32 AM
Bet they colour it yellow and call it Steeljaw.

No they wouldn't name it that. They would call it something like 'Autobot Ravage II'.

Adzma
7th November 2008, 11:42 AM
It is quite astonishing how differently TakTom and Hasbro envision the colour of their figures. This must be Hasbro's main concept artist. :p
http://www.bloomingdaletraditions.ca/images/humor_images/Dog_on_Computer.jpg

STL
7th November 2008, 11:56 AM
It is quite astonishing how differently TakTom and Hasbro envision the colour of their figures. This must be Hasbro's main concept artist. :p
http://www.bloomingdaletraditions.ca/images/humor_images/Dog_on_Computer.jpg

That dog is so cute!

Gutsman Heavy
7th November 2008, 12:00 PM
Lavender, again. Lame.

Hound looks nice.

Hereticpoo
7th November 2008, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=kurdt_the_goat;60203]TakaraTomy just **** all over Hasbro's effort imo!

WOW! Just when I thought It'd take an Alternity to cure my Transfan Morale, i think these will do the trick. I despise Beast Wars but that Cheetor may very well be my first BW acquisition.

Pulse
7th November 2008, 12:16 PM
Cyclonus = *droooooool* :D

Where from?

Was it here? (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTCSD07&lang=us&CatID=1_64)

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=kurdt_the_goat;60203]TakaraTomy just **** all over Hasbro's effort imo!

WOW! Just when I thought It'd take an Alternity to cure my Transfan Morale, i think these will do the trick. I despise Beast Wars but that Cheetor may very well be my first BW acquisition.

I thought that too but I just can't suspend my disbelief enough to accept that a super advanced sentient robot would transform into a puny little cheetah.

Lord_Zed
7th November 2008, 01:10 PM
Wow they look like totaly different toys, Cyclonus is nice, a little to lilac, but still nice. Hound and Cheetor are better to. Ravage is as unimpressive as he was before in Universe colours.

I thought that too but I just can't get suspend my disbelief enough to accept that a super advanced sentient robot would transform into a puny little cheetah.

Wierd!, but you can for an even punier handgun!?:D

kennymak167
7th November 2008, 01:13 PM
OMG, they look so os good....better looking than my gf!!:p i can't resist them. i have to get themmmmm.!!!!:D

Hereticpoo
7th November 2008, 01:13 PM
Someone always spoils the BW Hate with a well made comment! Dammit! :D

Adzma
7th November 2008, 01:25 PM
I despise Beast Wars but that Cheetor may very well be my first BW acquisition.
Are you another of those Trukk not Munky people? :p

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 01:25 PM
Wierd!, but you can for an even punier handgun!?:D

Mass displacement man. It's a solid and proven science!

:o

kup
7th November 2008, 01:32 PM
I love Beast Wars fan but I am unsure of getting this Cheetor because the mold sucks. Its too Beast Machines.

However TakTom has done an excellent job of putting the lipstick on. I hope they do the same for Dinobot.

MV75
7th November 2008, 03:04 PM
Where from?

HLJ. Was on early bird along with encore trailbreaker.

autobreadticon
7th November 2008, 05:02 PM
those henkei look sweet, but somehow i want a Hasbro Ravage and target master for good measure :)

kup
7th November 2008, 05:48 PM
I have been contemplating something crazy.

I prefer the shade of purple of Hasbro's cyclonus but the rest of the figure is appalingly done. How about I buy the Hasbro and Henkei and build a single Cyclonus out of the best of both worlds? However that goes against my toy ethics as I don't like discarding a toy for another.

Zippo
7th November 2008, 05:50 PM
Cyclonus is too purple for me to really dig, though the chrome wings (with purple reflection) and gun push me in favour of getting it over the Hasbro version when released. The Hound is truly a thing of beauty and it is such a shame that they didn't do anything with Ravage..

Not a fan of the new Beasts, but this looks pretty tempting..

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 05:58 PM

I prefer the shade of purple of Hasbro's cyclonus but the rest of the figure is appalingly done. How about I buy the Hasbro and Henkei and build a single Cyclonus out of the best of both worlds? However that goes against my toy ethics as I don't like discarding a toy for another.

You'll still have two toys. Just one will be not as good as the other.

Lord_Zed
7th November 2008, 07:21 PM

I dunno, sounds like you might end up with something that looks like Autobot Spike.

I do agree, though, that both Cyclonus's have thier appeal. I would consider getting both If I could find at least one of them on sale. With Hasbro's I'd rather do a blackwash over the grey parts, as lame as that plastic grey colour is it's not hard to improve If you don't mind a bit of a weathered look, just see my movie Scorponok.

loophole
7th November 2008, 07:34 PM
they are just HOT!! HOT!! HOT!!

Golden Phoenix
7th November 2008, 10:38 PM
Nice. I was wondering where they were going to chrome Cheetor. The weapons don't surprise me but the head does. And it looks awesome.
Cyclonus is a must. He looks so much better in that shade.

Hound looks good to, but where is the chrome? Is his front bumper chromed in a dark silver or is the gun chromed, I just can't tell.

GoktimusPrime
7th November 2008, 11:53 PM
WOW! These look a lot better than the pics of Hasbro's! *kicks AUD* Could someone please give the Aussie Dollar some V-pills or something to help get it up??

TheDirtyDigger: The only character in Beast Wars who has mass-shifting is Ravage, who is a G1 character (robot-->cassette tape). None of the other BW characters have mass-shifting and certainly not Cheetor. Cheetor is 2.3m in robot mode and cheetahs can measure up to 1.35m in body length (not including the tail)... so it's really not that much of a stretch.

Canonical explanation here: Remember that at the end of G1 the Transformers created Micromasters as a means of conserving Energon. After the end of the Autobot-Decepticon war they came up with the Maximal Upgrade which, like Micromaster technology, allowed Transformers to conserve fuel by downsizing themselves. Rodimus (Prime), Ravage, Grimlock and several other survivors from the Great War underwent the upgrade (others like Trailbreaker, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker decided not to). As a result, Beast Wars Transformers are not gigantic like their Autobot/Decepticon ancestors.

Size comparison: Beast Wars Megatron and G1 Optimus Prime
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/e/e9/G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg/180px-G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/e/e9/G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg)

kurdt_the_goat
8th November 2008, 12:19 AM
I thought i should point out that the notice on each of these images says they're still trial shots, and the final may be different...

But i wouldn't be worried - Henkei Ironhide photos (with the same background) had the same notice and his toy turned out identical from what i've seen.

STL
10th November 2008, 01:09 AM
WOW! These look a lot better than the pics of Hasbro's! *kicks AUD* Could someone please give the Aussie Dollar some V-pills or something to help get it up??

TheDirtyDigger: The only character in Beast Wars who has mass-shifting is Ravage, who is a G1 character (robot-->cassette tape). None of the other BW characters have mass-shifting and certainly not Cheetor. Cheetor is 2.3m in robot mode and cheetahs can measure up to 1.35m in body length (not including the tail)... so it's really not that much of a stretch.

Canonical explanation here: Remember that at the end of G1 the Transformers created Micromasters as a means of conserving Energon. After the end of the Autobot-Decepticon war they came up with the Maximal Upgrade which, like Micromaster technology, allowed Transformers to conserve fuel by downsizing themselves. Rodimus (Prime), Ravage, Grimlock and several other survivors from the Great War underwent the upgrade (others like Trailbreaker, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker decided not to). As a result, Beast Wars Transformers are not gigantic like their Autobot/Decepticon ancestors.

Size comparison: Beast Wars Megatron and G1 Optimus Prime
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/e/e9/G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg/180px-G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/e/e9/G1Prime_BWMegs.jpg)

:confused:

I thought that too but I just can't suspend my disbelief enough to accept that a super advanced sentient robot would transform into a puny little cheetah.

I think DD was just expressing he can't wrap his head around the fact why a TF would turn into a puny little cheetah when they can be a uber cool sentient robot? Nada to do with mass-shifting him questioning the mass shifting technology of the BWs era.

MV75
10th November 2008, 07:46 PM
Transforming into animals is a fundamental of the series and the story line. They need those modes so they don't get stasis lock from the energon emissions.

As for mass shifting, plenty of it in beast wars. :)

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2008, 07:51 PM
Well originally Hasbro had intended the BW TFs to be an evolution of G1/G2 and to be on the same world. When you read the early tech specs and comics it's all about them using organic DNA to give themselves beast modes... but they never satisfactorily answered why the Transformers would abandon their vehicular modes in favour of animal modes (although the TV commercial animation and comic did show them fighting in jungles so dense that they would be inaccessible by vehicles). Mainframe approached this issue by introducing their own twist on Beast Wars - which has become the standard accepted continuity for BW...
1/ They took the Transformers and threw them back to prehistoric times where machinery and vehicles do not exist. But as Bob Forward said, why the hell would they want to disguise themselves from animals? So they also introduced...
2/ Raw Energon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Energon_crystal) in unstable crystalline form proving to be highly volatile and harmful to Transformers when exposed for extended durations in non-organic forms - similar to Plasma Energy from G1 (The Rebirth), although not quite as immediately lethal. And so their beast modes served as a shield to protect them from the prolonged effects of raw Energon exposure.