PDA

View Full Version : Generations Select Siege Smokescreen

Paulbot
13th April 2019, 10:18 PM
Spotted via twitter (https://twitter.com/jalaguy/status/1116981655644848129?s=21) on the Diamond Previews website (https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR198117)

http://i.imgur.com/rzBUmR8l.jpg

This special edition Generations Selects WFC-GS06 Smokescreen figure portrays the classic G1 character with a G1-accurate head sculpt. Figure converts to a Cybertronian alt mode in 14 steps, deco'd to reveal how Smokescreen would have looked on Cybertron. The deco incorporates Cybertronian numbers into his classic exterior. With this Smokescreen figure, fans can add to their Praxus-native collection. Smokescreen joins Barricade and Prowl (each sold separately, subject to availability) as the third Praxian character designed in his native Cybertronian form. The Smokescreen figure comes equipped with a W-45 Acid Pellet Blaster accessory and 2 W-50 Volt-Beam Cannon accessories that can mount on his shoulders or the hood of his vehicle mode.
In Shops: Oct 30, 2019

Makes me more convinced Siege Skywarp will be an exclusive too

tinyJazz
13th April 2019, 11:51 PM
He looks nice. Also he appears to be a repaint of Barricade (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=606591&postcount=1). They have the same headsculpt and shoulder cannons. I only noticed because I was trying to decide who wore it better.

Bidoofdude
14th April 2019, 01:35 AM
Really cool. Can’t wait to see Bluestreak, hopefully he’ll have some nice premium paint as a 35th anniversary figure.

reillyd
14th April 2019, 03:23 PM
Can anyone translate he Cybertronian writing?

griffin
14th April 2019, 04:40 PM
Can anyone translate he Cybertronian writing?

On the front? It might not be Cybertronian writing, as it looks like they are just markings to resemble the number 38, which was Gen1 Smokescreen's original number.

hYpNoS
15th April 2019, 10:48 AM
We just need a bluestreak now and the gang's back

Sinnertwin
15th April 2019, 11:30 AM
We just need a bluestreak now and the gang's back

There's one on the way as part of the 35th anniversary line

Maruten
15th April 2019, 12:05 PM
My LCS said that historically Diamond won't ship Hasbro products to Australia, which is a huge pain because that would be a super convenient way of getting this guy. But they're hoping that in this post-TRU landscape they might be able to work something out.

KELPIE
15th April 2019, 03:34 PM
My LCS said that historically Diamond won't ship Hasbro products to Australia, which is a huge pain because that would be a super convenient way of getting this guy. But they're hoping that in this post-TRU landscape they might be able to work something out.

You sure about that?

Kings Comics stocks Transformers from time to time and I'm pretty sure they only get their stuff from Diamond?

BigTransformerTrev
15th April 2019, 04:38 PM
He’s up for preorder at BBTS

UltraMarginal
15th April 2019, 04:40 PM
You sure about that?

Kings Comics stocks Transformers from time to time and I'm pretty sure they only get their stuff from Diamond?

Kings have been stocking a lot more transformers, and I to am pretty sure they are supplied through diamond. they have for a couple years now. I think it's good, even though diamond makes the product over priced.

Sinnertwin
15th April 2019, 05:45 PM
He’s up for preorder at BBTS

And Robotkingdom too

Maruten
15th April 2019, 07:22 PM
You sure about that?

I can't swear to it, but that's what they tell me, and I've been shopping there for decades and am on pretty good terms with the managers so I'm pretty sure they're not just screwing with me.

Australia has had a lot of problems with Diamond shipping various stuff here over the years so they get a lot of products from other channels - that may be the case with Kings or they may be big enough to have persuaded Diamond to treat 'em nice.

Regardless, BBTS is likely cheaper even with international shipping, so the worst case scenario isn't terribly bad.