PDA

View Full Version : SS Constructicons.... to open now or to wait?

Krayt
22nd April 2019, 10:38 AM
Life gets hard around here.... as such I just finally found time to open the last 10 studio series bots I had got

But now I’m faced with a conundrum. Seeming Scrapmetal came out first, and he’s just a bloody hand (why can’t they start with the feet!) and half of Devy isn’t out until 2020, should I hold off opening until all are in hand? Or open as they arrive and lose the instructions and sit there in 18 months time with a mess of bots looking like a Picasso

tinyJazz
22nd April 2019, 11:19 AM
I’d wait. On the off chance that the in hand pics of a complete devastator look awful, you change your mind and no longer want it anymore, it would be easier to sell the sealed figures for close to what you paid.

If devastator turns out to be awesome then saving them to open all together would be a sweeter payoff - all the figures will be fresh and interesting to you and you won’t have had a chance to get bored of them. (Bored isn’t really the word, something that’s been in your collection for a while can still be cool it just doesn’t have the same appeal as a new thing)

I mean, 2020 is only next year, it’s not long to wait.

Krayt
22nd April 2019, 11:26 AM
I’d wait. On the off chance that the in hand pics of a complete devastator look awful, you change your mind and no longer want it anymore, it would be easier to sell the sealed figures for close to what you paid.

Bahahahaha..... sell something... hehe like that’s ever gonna happen :p

Thurmus
22nd April 2019, 12:01 PM
If you are going to open anyway I would say open now. That way if there is a fault you can get it replaced.

swoop
22nd April 2019, 12:43 PM
I say open them. I’ve opened scrapmetal and thoroughly enjoyed transforming him. My sons playing with him now but when he’s done I’ll transform him to devys hand and patiently wait for the rest of him to be released

DELTAprime
22nd April 2019, 01:08 PM
Am I ther only one that thinks there will be a box set of movie SS Constructicons made available once all the figures are produced?

SMHFConvoy
22nd April 2019, 04:11 PM
Am I ther only one that thinks there will be a box set of movie SS Constructicons made available once all the figures are produced?
It's possible and I see no reason why Hasbro or Takara wouldn't.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd April 2019, 07:46 PM
Open them, enjoy them, but maybe keep the combined mode/s for when they're all released.

You should be able to find instructions online somewhere, I've found plenty of instruction sheet scans for loose/2nd-hand TFs.:)

doublespy
23rd April 2019, 10:51 AM
I plan to open them as they come out. This way I get to enjoy the individual bots more and not get lost in the concept of a combiner.

Pretty sure the combined Devs will be epic but I was gonna get all the Construticons regardless how the combined mode turns out; the fact that HasTak even made an SS Devs happen already warrants my money.

Tha_Phantom
23rd April 2019, 11:01 AM
I plan on keeping the Constructicons sealed until I have them all or I change my mind and sell them based on in-hand feedback of Devy. I'm skeptical about an 8-bot combiner not being a floppy mess, but I'm more than happy to be wrong.

Sinnertwin
23rd April 2019, 02:31 PM
Isn't it going to look like a Picasso inspired mess of bots in it's combined form anyway?
😏😏😏

ampoldj
23rd April 2019, 03:43 PM
It's possible and I see no reason why Hasbro or Takara wouldn't.

Yep and they will make a G1 recolor as well ;)