PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Jays Transformers 2-week promotion from 10Nov.

griffin
7th November 2008, 01:50 PM
Please note that this is a promotion for Transformers, but doesn't actually have any of their TFs items on sale, and only has a few new items in for it. Their stores will just be plastered with TFs posters and window displays.
This is just some advance warning for anyone thinking of getting some TFs clothing from Jay-Jays, to go before Monday, or it might not be instock for a couple weeks (they could sell out quick at the start of the promotion).
The promotion will go for 2 weeks from Nov 10th.
Regular items I noticed were T-shirts ($20), backpacks ($35), underwear 2-pack ($35).
The new items are 3 new T-shirts, for $25 (I think). Apparently nothing else new for the promotion.

TheDirtyDigger
7th November 2008, 01:56 PM
The undies are worth getting. I've even started wearing some because they have the Autobot logo on them.

griffin
7th November 2008, 02:07 PM
That was what I was in there for... :D
(after seeing your photo of them)

Pulse
7th November 2008, 02:09 PM
This place is getting weirder & weirder by the day... :o

Zippo
7th November 2008, 05:55 PM
Oh, I hope that the New Zealand stores do the same. Though my local is never good with stock.

roller
7th November 2008, 06:31 PM
Nope, they lost me as a customer the month they lied to me and said they would let me have the g1 poster.:mad::mad::mad:

TheDirtyDigger
8th November 2008, 10:15 AM
Crap! Threw away the tag on my first pair. Went to the second pair and realised the big faction tag is actually a sticker.

Paulbot
16th November 2008, 09:29 PM
I saw the poster and window display at a Jay-Jays today. But does that "Who wants to live forever?"-type quote strike anyone else as something Optimus Prime would never say.

griffin
16th November 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing it is a quote on the display or poster?
That quote reminds me of Flash Gordon movie from the 80s, said by Voltan during the climactic battle scene.

Paulbot
16th November 2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah there's a couple of quotes on the poster among images of Optimus Prime and Megatron.

jacksplatt11
16th November 2008, 10:26 PM
The quote reminds me of the first Starship Troopers film, while running out to attack the arachnids Johnny Rico yells out "Do you really wanna live forever?" or something along those lines

Borgeman
16th November 2008, 11:40 PM
i went and asked if i could claim the poster post-promotion, and they said they arent allowed to give it away - pfft.... its either claimed by staff or its in the bin. stuff like that never gets returned...

George

griffin
17th November 2008, 12:11 AM
The store I was at when I found out about the promotion, said that they can't legally give them away - something to do with them being licensed products and not mere promotional banners (like the movie posters Hasbro gave us for that recent competition - they were in-store posters that were not for sale). If you managed to get any of the posters from a Jay-Jays, you were lucky, and that store could get into trouble for not disposing the posters. A waste yes, but that would have been the conditions given to them by Hasbro.
It should mean that those posters are available somewhere at AUS retail, because giving them away by Jay-Jays would upset the retailers who are selling them.

TheDirtyDigger
17th November 2008, 10:17 AM
The quote reminds me of the first Starship Troopers film, while running out to attack the arachnids Johnny Rico yells out "Do you really wanna live forever?" or something along those lines

I think it was first said by Frederick the Great (Prussian leader) but possibly even earlier by Conan's gf.

Spotted a new Megs tee at JayJays yesterday but was in a hurry. Looked great. 'Megatron' in gothic style font on a dark blue tee.

i_amtrunks
17th November 2008, 12:26 PM
The store I was at when I found out about the promotion, said that they can't legally give them away - something to do with them being licensed products and not mere promotional banners (like the movie posters Hasbro gave us for that recent competition - they were in-store posters that were not for sale). If you managed to get any of the posters from a Jay-Jays, you were lucky, and that store could get into trouble for not disposing the posters. A waste yes, but that would have been the conditions given to them by Hasbro.
It should mean that those posters are available somewhere at AUS retail, because giving them away by Jay-Jays would upset the retailers who are selling them.

Bugger.
Was going to get the missus to go ask nicely if we could get our hands on any of the artwork, it's some really nice work.

hotaru_oz
17th November 2008, 12:37 PM
yeah I saw that megatron tshirt earlier this week, and a very nice Soundwave one ^^
might pick them up on pay day.
I was thinking of getting the back pack but it looks so cheaply made it might fall apart after a few months.

griffin
17th November 2008, 02:28 PM
Bugger.
Was going to get the missus to go ask nicely if we could get our hands on any of the artwork, it's some really nice work.

You can still ask, you might get lucky.

i_amtrunks
17th November 2008, 03:22 PM
You can still ask, you might get lucky.

Ive found with those things, that having cleavage helps a heap (I'm still working on mine though!) :p Somehow my gf manages to get Cinema posters and whatnot far easier than I ever do, no matter how nice I act.

Hereticpoo
17th November 2008, 03:31 PM

I scored last years 1986 TF Movie poster and its so big and awesome I love it!
They didn't give it to me. I had to steal it when they weren't looking.....JK!

I had to compete in a fund raising auction. I 'won' the poster for $100.
It was worth it, I would have paid $250 if I had to. That poster rocks, hard. :)

autobreadticon
17th November 2008, 08:15 PM
that G1 Megatron cardboard cutout looks awesome!!! Hope i can get my hands on it :D