PDA

View Full Version : Generations Selects Siege Voyager Redwing

griffin
4th May 2019, 12:26 PM
It sounds unbelievable, but there hasn't been an officially released red seeker jet yet, after all of the various Starscream/Seeker toys in the last 35 years.
A red seeker jet is mostly just a background cannon-fodder or miscoloured background trooper over the years, and didn't even get a nam (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Red_Wing)e until Fun Publications gave it one (in one of their comics), in 2013.

Soon it could be given an official name and toy, with a listing found (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/05/01/transformers-generations-select-red-wing-listing-and-product-code-387738) for a Generations Select Redwing toy.

No images yet, or official confirmation.

DELTAprime
5th May 2019, 04:52 AM
If he was in the Classics Seeker mould I'd get him, but I'm simply not interested in this Tetra Jet mould.

KELPIE
6th May 2019, 03:04 PM
Honestly I'd rather they integrate Fitor from the Go-Bots.

BigTransformerTrev
6th May 2019, 04:18 PM
Siege and Cyberverse are the first toylines where I’ve encountered ‘Famous Character Fatigue’. As in I can’t be bothered getting yet another Optimus, Megs, Bbee and the 3 main Seekers.

So I hope they do release Redwing, will give me an excuse to pick this mould up :)

KELPIE
8th May 2019, 09:18 AM
Siege and Cyberverse are the first toylines where I’ve encountered ‘Famous Character Fatigue’. As in I can’t be bothered getting yet another Optimus, Megs, Bbee and the 3 main Seekers.

So I hope they do release Redwing, will give me an excuse to pick this mould up :)

I have this for just about every line. Hence the excitement with CW/TR/POP.

That said, I am down with the tetrajets, Flywheels and Shockwave.

Thankfully later waves seem to be giving us something better, like Springer and Impactor.

dirge
8th May 2019, 11:33 AM

I have not purchased a Classicsverse Optimus Prime since the original Classics Prime in 2007 :eek:

griffin
4th June 2019, 10:18 PM
Definitely a toy then... with official (big) images being released by Hasbro Asia (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/06/01/siege-redwing-official-stock-images-389157), hot on the heels of leaked in-hand images here (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/05/31/transformers-generations-select-red-wing-in-hand-images-389124).
It is noted as being a redeco of Thundercracker (it has his face instead of Starscream's)... with a release in August, but there is a claim of a limited release this month in Asia (which could be where the "leaked" images could have come from).

It is said to be WFC-GS02, which is the second in the Generations Selects series (with Megatron being 1 and Smokescreen being 6 so far - apparently Ricochet and Red Swoop aren't Selects toys).

Soundwarp
8th June 2019, 03:10 PM
I wanteeee

hYpNoS
1st July 2019, 10:38 PM
Where can I track one down, missed the robot kingdom pre-order somehow :S

...sorry for bumping 2 threads like this but I'm a seeker fan and I actually like this mold as lazy as it is

reillyd
2nd July 2019, 12:36 PM
I have him in hand, he is frigging AWESOME! You *have* to get redwing - in vehicle mode its the best paintwork I've seen on the Siege line, and actually reminds me a little of thrust's red. In robot mode, he looks bad-ass, and the smirk is just perfect.

I did just see he's available from Target US if you wanted to use a freight forwarder Hypnos. I suspect bigbad and tfsource will get him eventually.

griffin
2nd July 2019, 03:46 PM
I did just see he's available from Target US if you wanted to use a freight forwarder Hypnos. I suspect bigbad and tfsource will get him eventually.

I take it you got it from RK?

Have you used that freight forwarder for US Target, or any freight forwarder? As I had mentioned here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/13057-Transformers-Venting-thread!?p=611973#post611973), they won't ship to shipping forwarders that intend to send the items out of America.

The US Target listing is here (for future reference) (https://www.target.com/p/transformers-generations-selects-redwing-action-figure/-/A-76257404)... but unfortunately the entire page has been removed (I put the link here in case it comes back soon)... so maybe it was put up before it was allowed to be released (I didn't hear of any street date for this toy, so it seems weird that it was pulled so quickly - I doubt they had such limited stock that they sold out already).

reillyd
2nd July 2019, 07:30 PM
I acutally panic bought from ebay BEFORE RK had him on pre-order, so have had him for a week.

I've ordered from Target.com before and had shipped via shipito. They have multiple drop sites across the country and I just don't use the primary one which is on their radar. But what usually trips people up is paying with a non-US credit card. Walmart has given me problems with that one.

Shipito (not spruking, most other sites will do it) do an 'assited purchase' where they pay with their bank, and get it shipped to an employee home. You pay a little more, but its the safest option if you've worried about it getting canceled. I used to always use it come SDCC time for Hasbro toy shop orders.

Redwing is such an awesome toy that it might be worth the premium to avoid the stress and secure him. Maybe he will end up more widely released, but I can see him commanding a steep price otherwise. He really is that cool, and there's so much fan interest.

hYpNoS
2nd July 2019, 09:33 PM
I have him in hand, he is frigging AWESOME! You *have* to get redwing - in vehicle mode its the best paintwork I've seen on the Siege line, and actually reminds me a little of thrust's red. In robot mode, he looks bad-ass, and the smirk is just perfect.

Ah cheers, yeah I don't have one set up (I have for japanese sellers but its seldom I use it...because the cost is insane :S), guess I'll keep an eye out on those