PDA

View Full Version : Transformers A Visual Hiistory - Art book by Jim Sorenson

UltraMarginal
1st August 2019, 01:11 PM
So I saw this over on TFW (https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/07/29/transformers-a-visual-history-artbook-by-jim-sorenson-preview-samples-393302)

it looks pretty nice, over 400 Pages.
There are links there to Amazon for the Regular and Deluxe Versions, it's also available through Amazon Australia, fulfilled by Amazon.com, prices are nearly comparable.

the other place that has it is the book Depository (https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=transformers+a+visual+history&search=Find+book)and when I looked they were the best price for the Regular version.

It's a little tricky though, they seem to have improved a lot lately but I have received some horribly damaged books from them in the long ago past.

BigTransformerTrev
9th August 2019, 12:17 PM
That looks pretty cool. Might wait until it gets released though

Jazzman
3rd November 2019, 03:34 AM
Just had my preorder cancelled by Book Depository... wonder what the hell that's all about??? Is the title still going ahead? :confused:

Trent
3rd November 2019, 10:10 AM
I might get depending on how much LAM stuff is on it. Obviously the less the better.

Paulbot
3rd November 2019, 09:59 PM
Just had my preorder cancelled by Book Depository... wonder what the hell that's all about??? Is the title still going ahead? :confused:

I got an email from Book Depository on Friday to say my pre-order of this book had been released and would be dispatched from their warehouse. Now a bit nervous about it might still get cancelled...

Jazzman
3rd November 2019, 10:10 PM
Really strange because my preorder of Transformers Legacy The Art of Transformers Packaging is still going through. I've sent them a WTF? email...

griffin
3rd November 2019, 11:22 PM
The Amazon product pages for both versions are still there... so maybe book depository didn't get enough stock to cover their pre-orders.

-- Transformers: A Visual History (https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Visual-History-Jim-Sorenson/dp/1974710580) HC - 408 pages (Jim Sorenson) - US$50 - November 12th 2019
-- Transformers: A Visual History (https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-History-Limited-Jim-Sorenson/dp/1974710572) (Collector's Edition) HC - 408 pages with limited edition box - US$100 - November 12th 2019

They currently have the collectors edition on sale for $70, which I might have to lock in before they get released.

UltraMarginal
4th November 2019, 01:02 PM
I got an email from the book depository on the 31st of October saying that the book had been released and was on it's way to their warehouse. That they would notify me when it was on it's way.

A good thing as I'd forgotten that I'd actually ordered it and was close to ordering it from Amazon AU, the current listing was a little cheaper, they had some sort of free shipping deal on the book that made it more attractive.

Jazzman
4th November 2019, 02:02 PM
I got an email from the book depository on the 31st of October saying that the book had been released and was on it's way to their warehouse. That they would notify me when it was on it's way.

Yeah, I got the same notification... Then on Saturday I got an email that it was cancelled... yet the listing is still up - and cheaper too now, at $59.48. My preorder was at $62.65. May have to simply reorder it :rolleyes:

Edit: Placing an order with Amazon AU - don't want to miss out, plus it's a few $$$ cheaper

griffin
4th November 2019, 10:39 PM
It's a shame that Amazon Australia has a release date of December 10th, so to save a few dollars, you need to wait an extra month.

Jazzman
4th November 2019, 11:31 PM
This is the response I got from Book Depository:
"I'm very sorry, it appears one of our suppliers provided information to us that they were able to supply this, hence the 'pre-order is in' email, but were then not able to provide it and the system automatically cancelled the order due to lack of stock. However, it was then made available to us again from an alternative supplier. You are welcome to place a new order for this title." ... unbelievable :mad:

It's a shame that Amazon Australia has a release date of December 10th, so to save a few dollars, you need to wait an extra month.
To be honest I don't mind waiting... good Xmas present if it arrives on time. :)

danny-boy
13th November 2019, 11:09 PM
Totally forgot I had this pre-ordered. Amazon US took $109 out of my card and I ran to my pre-orders to see what it was. I had a quick look on YouTube. It?s not bad but not for me. It?s pretty expensive for a book. Damn Aussie dollar and GST. Luckily it was still in the preparing for shipment phase and they were able to cancel.

BigTransformerTrev
14th November 2019, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know what the 5 frame-ready prints look like that come with the limited edition version? I'm not shelling out an extra $20 just for a box with Movieverse characters on it but the prints interest me.

reillyd
14th November 2019, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know what the 5 frame-ready prints look like that come with the limited edition version? I'm not shelling out an extra $20 just for a box with Movieverse characters on it but the prints interest me.

Yes. One is the original Transformers Movie Poster, but WITHOUT the logo artwork (so you can really see the beautiful painted artwork). One is the cover to the Marvel Issue 5 with Shockwave (are all dead), minus the logo, the marvel trade dress, the barcode. So there's been some serious touch ups to produce both these pieces. One I think is the Bayverse movie megatron, and I think one is the full artwork for Transformers Siege. Can't remember what the other poster is, but I'm glad I sprung for it just for the movie poster

BigTransformerTrev
14th November 2019, 12:56 PM
Yes. One is the original Transformers Movie Poster, but WITHOUT the logo artwork (so you can really see the beautiful painted artwork). One is the cover to the Marvel Issue 5 with Shockwave (are all dead), minus the logo, the marvel trade dress, the barcode. So there's been some serious touch ups to produce both these pieces. One I think is the Bayverse movie megatron, and I think one is the full artwork for Transformers Siege. Can't remember what the other poster is, but I'm glad I sprung for it just for the movie poster

Cheers for that mate. Got any links any sites where the prints are shown? I've been looking but can find little.

reillyd
14th November 2019, 04:22 PM
No pics, but they bonus prints are shown in this video https://youtu.be/vzrC4yPm3jQ which is how I found out. You'll drool over the other artwork in the book too

BigTransformerTrev
14th November 2019, 05:46 PM
No pics, but they bonus prints are shown in this video https://youtu.be/vzrC4yPm3jQ which is how I found out. You'll drool over the other artwork in the book too

Good on ya, thanks mate :)

UltraMarginal
22nd November 2019, 02:23 PM
After waiting all week since it was due on Monday my copy arrived today, in the traditional Book depository mailer. it's in good shape luckily, and very pretty.

I can't wait to sit down and properly flick through it.

BigTransformerTrev
10th December 2019, 02:00 PM
After waiting all week since it was due on Monday my copy arrived today, in the traditional Book depository mailer. it's in good shape luckily, and very pretty.

I can't wait to sit down and properly flick through it.

How did you find it overall? I'm about to order a copy.

As much as I like those limited edition pictures/posters, I think I'm going to go the regular version, not the limited edition version. I can't justify an extra fifty bucks for some more pictures and a special cover.

Edit: I just had a look at the book depository where UM got his from. WAY cheaper than Amazon. $50 & $87 as opposed to $67 & $116. Will prob still go the cheaper option though

UltraMarginal
10th December 2019, 02:44 PM
I've only had a quick look through, it's nicely presented. There was no real damage from shipping which was nice, there's a little ding in one corner but it's not really noticeable.
There is a real broad array of material in it.