PDA

View Full Version : Available Fonts in posts

Borgeman
9th November 2008, 11:20 PM
aimed at griff i guess

i was wanting to write up some greek in the language thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2648) but the font called symbol isnt available. its a common font, i was wondering if its is one that can be added to the list of fonts, or is the current list not editable?

George

jaydisc
10th November 2008, 09:07 AM
Any font you choose needs to be installed in the visitor's operating system to be legible, so even if griffin could give you access, it would only be visible to those USERS that had it installed.

griffin
10th November 2008, 01:08 PM
I'll have a look.

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2008, 07:20 PM
If you're using Windows then you ought to be able to add Greek through Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. That's how I'm able to type in Japanese - but as jaydisc said, users need to have that script encoding enabled in order to view it otherwise it comes up as garble. To set which script your browser can read go to View --> Character Encoding. I have mine set on Auto-Detect -> Universal which means that my browser should be able to read everything. :)

Here's an example of Japanese text - only users browsers that are set to view Japanese encoded text can see it as Japanese text, otherwise it will appear as garble.
ウィンドーズOSを使えばコントロールパネルにあるの「地域と言語のオプション」をクリックして、ギリシア 語をインストールすることができるよ。

Borgeman
10th November 2008, 09:27 PM
ok well the symbol font is one of the dafault fonts on windoews, everyone has it

and i didnt know that the language bar did that gok - ωοω :)

George