PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Dead @ 28

TheDirtyDigger
23rd January 2008, 09:20 AM
Condolences to his family.:(

I just hope they finished taping all his parts for the new Batman movie.

Adzma
23rd January 2008, 09:31 AM
Wow, what a shock. :( RIP Heath, we'll miss your great Aussie acting.

Saintly
23rd January 2008, 09:43 AM
shessss that was too sudden! he has some talent there!

Condolences & RIP...

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2008, 09:58 AM
"He was found face down in the nude with pills near his body"

...that's really tragic on multiple levels. Condolences to his family - especially his ex-wife Michelle Williams and daughter Matilda Rose. :(

I just hope they finished taping all his parts for the new Batman movie.
I'd say that they would've used either film or digital rather than video tape for the movie. :p The footage that they took might still be salvagable for the movie depending on how much principal photography was taken and how much was left - they could do what they did to Brandon Lee in The Crow and fill out the left over scenes with a body double with a digitally imposed face of Brandon - although with current CG technology they could digitally replicate Heath's face entirely.

http://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Brandon-Lee---The-Crow-Photograph-C10104025.jpeghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/HeathJoker.png

I also wonder how much ADR Heath did and whether they might need to hire a voice actor to complete lines that he didn't finish recording or to completely do all of The Joker's dialogue so that the voice sounds consistently the same throughout the entire movie. I think that if they needed to dub over the Joker, they should hire Mark Hamill to do it.

Bartrim
23rd January 2008, 10:09 AM
I too would like to pass on my condolonces. I was a fan of a lot of his work. I look forward to seeing "The Dark Knight" as it's his final piece. I do believe they had finished filming so they can leave it be.

R.I.P Heath:(

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2008, 10:50 AM
I believe Heath had done all his principle work on Dark Knight, he said he didnt want to go back to it, as it was too taxing on his voice and body to play the role. Any re-shoots however...

I guess this will make Dark Knight even more popular, since he will be his last released work (like Brandon lee in the Crow).

I feel sad for his daughter, she will mainly remember him through video and photos.

darockk
23rd January 2008, 10:59 AM
I too would like to pass on my condolonces. I was a fan of a lot of his work. I look forward to seeing "The Dark Knight" as it's his final piece. I do believe they had finished filming so they can leave it be.

R.I.P Heath:(

i'm pretty sure "Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" was his final piece, so i assume dark Knight was finished.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd January 2008, 11:16 AM
Yes...'tis a sad day indeed.

A true master of humanity however always seeks to turn a negative into a positive and I see this as a great opportunity to score a leading role in the sequel to Brokeback Mountain.:)

roller
23rd January 2008, 04:37 PM
is he the one in the gay cowboy movie?

TheDirtyDigger
23rd January 2008, 05:30 PM
Gay?

No that's just an unsubstantiated rumour.

http://www.johnmariani.com/archive/2007/070311/brokeback%20movie.jpg

omega3
23rd January 2008, 06:33 PM
he was definatly one of australias greatest actors
he will be missed

Lord_Zed
25th January 2008, 12:03 AM
Tis a sad day, though I fell asleep watching A Knights tale, he definately had talent. The fact that he played a gay Cowboy, a drug addict and finally the Joker proves he had great scope and acting ability, far greater than those actors who can only play themselves. I feel sorry for his family and friends. :(

The footage that they took might still be salvagable for the movie depending on how much principal photography was taken and how much was left - they could do what they did to Brandon Lee in The Crow and fill out the left over scenes with a body double with a digitally imposed face of Brandon - although with current CG technology they could digitally replicate Heath's face entirely.

I'm pretty sure they finished filming, but the Crow isn't the only film where tragedy struck part way through filming. During the film of Gladiator Oliver Reed died of a heart attack before all of his scenes had been shot. So they created a digital body double for the remaining scenes involving his character Proximo by photographing a live action body double in the shadows and by mapping a 3D CGI mask of Reed's face to the remaining scenes. The estimated cost was about $3.2 million for two minutes of additional footage. So while they could do the same for Ledger it would really throw the budget.

i_amtrunks
25th January 2008, 10:18 AM
Principal Photograpghy was finished months ago, and Ledger was already filming for another movie. So unless they needed some emergency reshoots, then his part was complete.

TheDirtyDigger
27th January 2008, 12:30 AM
This would have propelled his career even further I believe...and in a morbid way still will.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EAEyVws0A9U