PDA

View Full Version : Kmart has 20% off toys again! 13-19 Nov

Paulbot
10th November 2008, 08:59 PM
20% off toys at K-Mart from Thursday 13 to Wednesday 19 November.

At this stage if you ever buy a toy at full price from K-Mart the joke is on you.

blackie
10th November 2008, 09:01 PM
bah stupid kmart, just stop having sales and lower your prices, then more people would shop there.

why havent i got my disscount card yet???? could make this a super sale

i_amtrunks
10th November 2008, 09:32 PM
They did the same thing last year, but it was from the July sales through till mid November. Then shock horror when it was Christmas time the sales stopped...

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 09:50 PM
20% off toys at K-Mart from Thursday 13 to Wednesday 19 November.

At this stage if you ever buy a toy at full price from K-Mart the joke is on you.

I've said it before, but they are just doing it to get you through the door. They used to have their prices at what they are during this sale, but they jacked them up just so they can say "where having a sale" to get people in the doors and looking at other things. Marketing, that's all it is, and I am getting sick of it.

STL
10th November 2008, 10:28 PM
Meh, I'm not fussed b/c at the end of the day, the result is the same for me: TFs at the cheapest retail prices.

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2008, 10:58 PM
Meh, I'm not fussed b/c at the end of the day, the result is the same for me: TFs at the cheapest retail prices.

It's not that I don't like the cheaper prices, It is just the facade they put up.
They claim to have the cheapest prices, but now it is usually only when they are having a sale which, although is often enough, still doesn't actually make them have the best prices.

Robzy
10th November 2008, 11:17 PM
Again???? :eek:

Damn - if only my local ones would get some new stock! :rolleyes: 20% off crap still equals crap!

STL
10th November 2008, 11:20 PM
It's not that I don't like the cheaper prices, It is just the facade they put up.
They claim to have the cheapest prices, but now it is usually only when they are having a sale which, although is often enough, still doesn't actually make them have the best prices.

I know what you mean. Bunnings have that beat it by 10% thing too w/ the cheapest prices in town but the funny thing is that any tradie will tell you that's not true. They have some of the basics/common things very cheap but when it comes to the not as well known stuff, they totally make you overpay unless you shop around. it's aimed at creating that mindset where the consumer feels they can trust you by luring them in w/ some comparable stuff that's cheap and then sinking them w/ other stuff that's not as easily comparable. Once they've got you, they;ve got you.

Thanatos
10th November 2008, 11:32 PM
On the bright side, I might finally get them wave 3 universe deluxes.

jaydisc
10th November 2008, 11:44 PM
Wave 3 Universe Deluxes and some of the new Animated Activators are my goals. Of course, an Animated Shockwave or Skywarp wouldn't hurt either. Although, I do need to take it easy this month to pay for Henkei Thrust and Dirge... so do most of you ;)

Gutsman Heavy
11th November 2008, 02:04 PM

I almost went in today to buy some TFs glad I didn't! (granted the $240 x-rays I just shelled out for get most of the credit...)

Hoping they'll have Sentinel and Soundwave this time :(

liegeprime
11th November 2008, 02:43 PM
Sigh if only Kmart would restock...... then the sales would have any meaning..

i_amtrunks
11th November 2008, 03:03 PM
Sigh if only Kmart would restock...... then the sales would have any meaning..

I'll let you know if any Kmarts further west than Blacktown restock Leige, who in particular are you after?

liegeprime
11th November 2008, 03:08 PM
I'll let you know if any Kmarts further west than Blacktown restock Leige, who in particular are you after?

thanks trunks, just Animated Swoop for me..Cheers

JuzMel
11th November 2008, 03:14 PM
thanks trunks, just Animated Swoop for me..Cheers
Liege, I also hope Kmart has more Wave 4 stock coming. It's funny because Wave 4 (Sentinal Prime, Soundwave, Elitegiard Bumblebee, Swoop) was out first then wave 3 (Oil Slick, Snarl, Soundwave, Jazz). And during the last couple of sales, there were heaps of wave 3 and no more wave 4. I'm also looking for wave 4: Eliteguard Bumblebee.

Gutsman Heavy
11th November 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm also looking for wave 4: Eliteguard Bumblebee.

thats cos they sent them all to SA to taunt me that wave 4 is out but not what I wanted!

Fungal Infection
11th November 2008, 09:14 PM
If anyone sights a Sentinel Prime and Swoop in Sydney K-Marts and is attending the meetup this Sunday, can you grab it for me and I'll fix you up at the meet - thanks!

iceburn
11th November 2008, 10:21 PM
heaps of Wave 3 today...no new stuff....
i'm in for the activators now too.... gotta grab them all

jaydisc
13th November 2008, 12:28 AM
Stompy said Campbellfield had nothing and STL and I went to Burwood who also had nothing. Poop.

jacksplatt11
13th November 2008, 01:15 AM
If anyone spots Oil Slick at any Kmarts north of the city, let me know..

jaydisc
13th November 2008, 01:44 AM
I reckon my local has some. Will confirm tomorrow today.

jacksplatt11
13th November 2008, 01:54 AM
I reckon my local has some. Will confirm tomorrow today.

Thanks Jay, let me know cause I have to head over your way tomorrow today (haha) anyway

iceburn
13th November 2008, 07:30 AM
If anyone spots Oil Slick at any Kmarts north of the city, let me know..

heaps at the Kmart i frequent but it's at South East....
if jay doesn't find it, let me know

Stompy
13th November 2008, 10:37 AM
Try Airport West Kmart jack. Oil Slick is shelfwarming in most places. I think Campbellfield had some too. Give them a call.

JuzMel
13th November 2008, 12:28 PM
thats cos they sent them all to SA to taunt me that wave 4 is out but not what I wanted!
Argghh that's bad, darn I should have bought him when he was there the other time. :(

Anyway was at Kmart burwood this morning too and nothing new at all. Still got quite a few animated voyagers Lugnutz, Grimlock and Prime if anyone wants. I did see some stacks of Hasbro boxes which the staff have yet to open.

Will probably check back next week.

sanbot
13th November 2008, 01:38 PM
I know what you mean. Bunnings have that beat it by 10% thing too w/ the cheapest prices in town but the funny thing is that any tradie will tell you that's not true. They have some of the basics/common things very cheap but when it comes to the not as well known stuff, they totally make you overpay unless you shop around. it's aimed at creating that mindset where the consumer feels they can trust you by luring them in w/ some comparable stuff that's cheap and then sinking them w/ other stuff that's not as easily comparable. Once they've got you, they;ve got you.

Coincidently or not, isn't Bunnings part of the Coles Myer group of which Kmart is also a part of?

Thanatos
13th November 2008, 02:03 PM
There is no Coles Myer Group. Myer split from Coles at least 2 years ago. Coles isn't even coles group anymore, technically, Coles/Kmart/Target/etc are a part of the Wesfarmers group, who owned Bunnings to begin with.

Either way, 2 Northside Kmarts had JACK S#*T. None of the stores did. Truly disgusting. Was not impressed :(

jaydisc
13th November 2008, 04:37 PM
Hey Jack, basically all my local Kmarts had Oil Slick: Northcote/land, Brunswick, etc. Let me know if you want me to grab you one.

I didn't find anything else anywhere. I bought a bunch of Activators to use as return fodder though.

Gutsman Heavy
13th November 2008, 08:15 PM
Very weak selection at TTP :(

SilverDragon
13th November 2008, 09:27 PM
I haven't been checking stores lately, since I'm trying to conserve my pocket money for Christmas presents, and I KNOW that the slightest glimpse of Snarl or Swoop while I have the cash would result in less money on my part.

I'll go have a peek tomorrow, so you guys can know.

STL
13th November 2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Lily, if u want I can pick up one for you before we hit lcz128's place.

jaydisc
13th November 2008, 11:13 PM
And what's better than roses on your piano?

jacksplatt11
13th November 2008, 11:24 PM
Well, I already PM'd Jay to see if he could grab one from his area if he had to go to Kmart, but I'm not fussed, if either of you have to go Kmart for any reason you can grab me one, as long as I don't end up with 2 ;)

STL
13th November 2008, 11:27 PM

:confused:

Lost, have you grabbed one yet? If not I'll duck over to Northland before hitting lcz128's joint.

Mr_K
14th November 2008, 10:33 AM
I grabbed a Universe Onslaught for $47.98 which I think is an ok price

JuzMel
14th November 2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, Lily, if u want I can pick up one for you before we hit lcz128's place.
Lily? We have another girlie besides hotaru and genechan? :eek:

Pulse
14th November 2008, 02:38 PM
Lily? We have another girlie besides hotaru and genechan? :eek:

STL has christened Jacksplatt with quite a few nicknames... :D (none of which are very nice ;))

jacksplatt11
14th November 2008, 06:40 PM
STL has christened Jacksplatt with quite a few nicknames... :D (none of which are very nice ;))

I'm a big boy, I can handle a little name calling.. unlike "Little Man" :p

No JuzMel, I am of the male variety

autobreadticon
16th November 2008, 11:48 AM
I think it cute you guys have additional nicknames for each other besides your otca nicks!

tron07
17th November 2008, 01:49 PM
the colour scheme looks like it was choosen by a 10 year old US kid.... bright red white and blue...

jaydisc
17th November 2008, 07:13 PM

Tulips on your organ :D

jacksplatt11
18th November 2008, 02:17 AM
Tulips on your organ :D

Haha, I just noticed this :D... Good one Jay, haven't heard that one before

jaydisc
18th November 2008, 11:20 AM
Haha, I just noticed this :D... Good one Jay, haven't heard that one before

Yeah, all this talk about flowers, I couldn't resist. ;)