PDA

View Full Version : PO boxes

blackie
12th November 2008, 09:18 PM
so ive been getting a bit shipped to my joint lately, and the parentals arnt to happy. so im thinking of getting a po box, so my question is:
how much does it cost a month to get one?

dirge
12th November 2008, 09:26 PM
Depends on location. Suburban ones are generally cheaper than CBD. Best way to find out is to check with a local Post Office. Also, ask about availability - some have free boxes regularly, others will have waiting lists.

gamblor916
12th November 2008, 09:33 PM
PO boxes are excellent. No more worrying about packages being posted to the neighbours (or them signing for it :rolleyes: ). Mine is about $70 annually, I forget the exact amount. Plus the ladies at the counter know me as a regular now and put my packages aside, even ones carded for my street address :D

MV75
12th November 2008, 09:46 PM
Yea, what he said above. About that per year, and yea, I also get my regular mail put into the po box too. They know me very well. :)

GoktimusPrime
12th November 2008, 10:32 PM
I know that people often use PO Boxes to get TFs sent to them, but this doesn't appear to be a really TF-related thread. Should it be moved to the non-TF section?

dirge
12th November 2008, 10:48 PM
I think it bears enough relevance to collecting to stay where it is.

roller
12th November 2008, 10:50 PM
I think it bears enough relevance to collecting to stay where it is.

i concur

when do i get paid for that ringing endorsement?:p

Pulse
12th November 2008, 11:08 PM
PO boxes are excellent. No more worrying about packages being posted to the neighbours (or them signing for it :rolleyes: ). Mine is about $70 annually, I forget the exact amount. Plus the ladies at the counter know me as a regular now and put my packages aside, even ones carded for my street address :D

ditto :)

IMO, P.O. Boxes = well worth the $70 per year ;)

Golden Phoenix
12th November 2008, 11:39 PM
I should probably get one of these. My Mum is really starting to get angry when I get stuff.

Paulbot
13th November 2008, 08:54 AM
And also confirm the hours you can collect stuff from them. I'm in the unfortunate circumstance that I can only collect from PO Box from 7:30am to 9:30am Mon to Fri.