PDA

View Full Version : Macross Mecha Toys

Nevac
21st February 2020, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I know a lot of members here collect Macross figures as well as Transformers and lately I've been catching up with the wider world of Macross having watched almost everything up to Delta. I was just wondering which series and mecha people here collect. I dabbled a little bit with Robotech back in the day and even bought Max's VF1J back in the day and Sue's VF1S but compared to Takara's masterpiece transformers they were pretty inferior quality wise. I've had a few brief looks on some of the sites I buy MP Transformers from and some have a few Macross figures here and there but I've no idea of which ones are of good quality that I've come to expect from buying MP Transformers (With a few exceptions).

A few of my favourite VF's so far are

VF-17D Nightmare (Macross 7)
VF-25F Messiah (Macross Frontier)
VB-6 K?nig Monster (Macross Frontier)
VF-31C Siegfried (Macross Delta)

Anyone have any of the above VF's?

lancalot
4th March 2020, 01:13 AM
Hey mate.... i love macross toys ... and i collect the 1/60 size .... and i have all the you like except the vf17D ... the bandai DX are the best version for them if you want to look into buying them . The Vf25 has two version so get the renew ver as the first one sux.
If you have any more question join Macross Australia Club on facebook as i dont really check this forum much .

Trent
4th March 2020, 05:55 PM
The Bandai DXs are pretty good these days. The VF-31 is a pretty impressive figure that is also really solid considering what it does.

Arcadia are a bit of a joke these days in my opinion because you’re paying around $400 for a call full of QC issues and bad design choices.

The problem is that everything is so damn expensive now that it’s pretty much pushed me out of the market. I really want a VF-4S but after that I’m probably done with Arcadia unless they do something really impressive. And then it will be price dependant.

If you get a VB-6, get the Bandai version, not the Yamato version.

drifand
4th March 2020, 07:34 PM
I dont llike Yamato 1/60 quality. They are not design to play. My armour set is so flimsy that if it falls is such a pain to make him stand with all the armour intact. >Being said They have the integrity that Bandai lacks and that completing the entire line and not leave you hanging.

I love Bandai Quality,most of it done a lot better, however they do not play ball in finishing what they started. Look at Delta, Mustang is left naked no armour set no super set or anything. Hi Metal, the VF valf was quite good but no love for remaining destroids.
And as pointed out the prices these days for Bandai stuff is so ridiculous, let alone trying to order one.

kovert
4th March 2020, 07:52 PM
Hi-Metal R are pretty cool. They're relatively durable and are a good size. Not sure if Bandai ever reissues them - it would be great to get some of the past releases.

drifand
9th March 2020, 11:08 AM
Hi-Metal R are pretty cool. They're relatively durable and are a good size. Not sure if Bandai ever reissues them - it would be great to get some of the past releases.

It depends on what you are after. VF-1s might be reissued with an enemy pod. However this line FAIL for Destroids and I am kind of pissed. years ago Bandai show cased Tomahwak 1/100 and yet we are still waiting and there is possibilities is due to poor sales in the Monster or Defender that they decided to hold back. The three main destroids should have been released as a set and done deal. I am afraid Bandai chicken out again and again and again.
I fear if you looking for the VF-1j armour that ship has sailed and for stupid reason Bandai has not bothered to reissue it.

Things that are BAD about Bandai >sorry to go out of Macross

Failure to complete any line properly apart from Aura Battle in robot spirits. Example of failure to complete >Patlabor robot series and Macross Hi metal, Macross DX Delta, Mustang no armour parts nothing, in fact looks dead.

SOC line > diverted into a BS SOC action line and discontinued SRC line <WTF is this, after all the loyalty? Oh guess what they diverted to minipla.

Metal Build Gundam line, what a scam! Recycling Gundam OO and Exia and Astrea in GUndam OO series, and for Seed, just recycle Astray, Strike, Strike freedom on\ver 10 years!
Apart from F91 and Crossbone, nothing new ever comes out from this line. what a joke. I decided to just discontinue collecting them.

I fear with the trend of Bandai not finishing what hey started, a heavy heart does say that the 1/48 Valks might be the same outcome.

Yes I know, Bandai make good toys, but in my eyes they are a Bully. They dont care about you and only their pockets. They dont listen to you and doesn't give a damn if you stop buying because they know new suckers will buy. Much of it, a suck in situation. We have no say in anything.

Sam
26th May 2020, 10:18 PM
I know this isn't strictly related since it's about the toys, but I was wondering if anyone know where I could go about sourcing a legal copy (e.g. DVD boxset) of the original Macross Saga?

I have fond memories of it, even though I was only five at the time I watched it and didn't understand a lot of the more complex concepts. Much appreciated. :)

Trent
27th May 2020, 07:17 AM
Do you mean Robotech? Or Macross? Because the entire Robotech saga is on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3oTh7HxUAl_v8CoiNhyp1KnWWJ3ErlJk)

Bato
27th May 2020, 05:37 PM
Madman released one in the past. I think it's out of print but you can find them on facebook marketplace or gumtree.

nalops
27th May 2020, 05:47 PM
Funimation seems to have picked up the licensed so they'll probably do a rerelease. Wikipedia mentions a release by Beyond Home Entertainment here in Australia around 2011?

Sam
30th May 2020, 12:07 AM
Do you mean Robotech? Or Macross? Because the entire Robotech saga is on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3oTh7HxUAl_v8CoiNhyp1KnWWJ3ErlJk)

Thanks, I meant Macross as that's what I watched as a kid. But good to know Robotech is on YouTube. :)

G1Optimal
12th April 2021, 06:29 PM
Apparently Big West (owner of Macross) and Harmony Gold (owner of Robotech) have come to a agreement

https://macross.jp/b2b/?fbclid=IwAR0WLlFDgnSOdEkjW-sDwlSwQQ_yFaDopefw1WtHQ_x4CCMvLNHQU3P_tMg
English is on the bottom page

Trent
12th April 2021, 07:13 PM
Apparently Big West (owner of Macross) and Harmony Gold (owner of Robotech) have come to a agreement

https://macross.jp/b2b/?fbclid=IwAR0WLlFDgnSOdEkjW-sDwlSwQQ_yFaDopefw1WtHQ_x4CCMvLNHQU3P_tMg

It appears it’s time to get out the ice skates and plan a winter trip to the underworld.

drifand
13th April 2021, 08:26 AM
All have claimed but nothing really happens. We will watch from the sidelines and how the goal post changes when it comes to Bandai selling their Valks. As it is, news was that Singapore didn't give two shits about Harmony Gold but in reality Bandai has no balls to sell it on their P-bandai site in Singapore so. Is just bs talk. Say one thing but nothing happens. Most people are just saying is great if its even true.

reillyd
14th April 2021, 03:28 PM

The Macross wars are truly over? Hallelujah! I know Harmony Gold has a live-action version in development, which would probably be enough buzz to support a toyline. I just want to be able to buy me some nice Robotech toys: I don?t care how the profits are split, or who really owns the license. Just give me Robotech, including the animated movies.

drifand
20th April 2021, 09:47 AM
The Macross wars are truly over? Hallelujah! I know Harmony Gold has a live-action version in development, which would probably be enough buzz to support a toyline. I just want to be able to buy me some nice Robotech toys: I don?t care how the profits are split, or who really owns the license. Just give me Robotech, including the animated movies.

It hurt the designer the most because he was not credited in Robotech I believe. The issue was actually more of Robotech didn't want to play ball and come into terms till now. I dont think live action will work but thats me.

Dkaris
20th April 2021, 04:21 PM
I moved a little while ago and have somehow lost or misplaced the box which had my Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Roy Focker Low vis. I have torn the place apart looking for it. To make matters worse the shoulder on my VF-1J Hikaru finally cracked. Does anyone know if replacements are available anywhere these days?

Trent
20th April 2021, 10:00 PM
I moved a little while ago and have somehow lost or misplaced the box which had my Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Roy Focker Low vis. I have torn the place apart looking for it. To make matters worse the shoulder on my VF-1J Hikaru finally cracked. Does anyone know if replacements are available anywhere these days?

I believe you can get 3D printed replacements through shapeways. Haven’t looked personally though.

drifand
8th May 2021, 06:52 PM
forget shapeways, the shipping for a small item is about $60USD or something. Just get a second hand valk and replace.

Dkaris
8th May 2021, 08:50 PM
That really shits me, I have my own printer. I found the page but the dude isn't selling the STL and i refuse to find shapeways. Sorry Hikaru, you're gonna have to manage with one arm.

Trent
9th May 2021, 07:14 PM
Have you checked Thingyverse?

Dkaris
9th May 2021, 08:25 PM
Yeah I have

drifand
16th May 2021, 07:35 AM
That really shits me, I have my own printer. I found the page but the dude isn't selling the STL and i refuse to find shapeways. Sorry Hikaru, you're gonna have to manage with one arm.

sorry to hear, but thats today's world, and I ended up buying a 2nd hand valk to fix mine