PDA

View Full Version : Marcho Madness

Gehirn
2nd March 2020, 10:05 PM
Earthrise is kinda here. What did everyone get?
Have Soundbarrier, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack and Grapple so far.

Sinnertwin
3rd March 2020, 01:00 PM
Love the thread title

shockNwave
3rd March 2020, 05:59 PM
Got a Botbot called Face Ace.

snaketales
4th March 2020, 12:17 PM
Good news: three orders arrived on the one day!
Bad news: the wife was home sick when they all arrived

https://i.imgur.com/ufPLFvw.jpg

Autocon
5th March 2020, 02:17 AM
Haha. Oh no.

Where is that wreckgar from?

snaketales
5th March 2020, 01:13 PM
From Popcultcha, for a custom project.
And I wanted to pad the order out to get free shipping :cool:

Omega Metro
5th March 2020, 01:23 PM
Earthrise Optimus and Ironworks from Myer. (The rest are coming from Mighty Ape).

Tha_Phantom
5th March 2020, 01:34 PM
Bump of Chicken Bumblebee at a not-too-stupid price thanks to a friend who was in Japan recently. Honestly didn't think I'd own this figure based on the online prices.

Magnus
5th March 2020, 06:20 PM
Studio Series Scavenger and Shockwave came in yesterday from Oh My Primus.

Bidoofdude
5th March 2020, 09:34 PM
Earthrise Grapple from Toyworld. Saw Wheeljack too but a pass for me. Safe to say I've already snapped one of the posts on the feet.

doublespy
6th March 2020, 09:57 PM
Paid Myer's full price for Earthrise Prime and Hoist. That's just the sucker that I am:p

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2020, 12:56 AM
Got me some BotBots:
* Miss Mixed the bag of muesli
* Whirlderful the electric mixer
* Starscope the telescope
* Zwonkey Donkey the pinata ass

Paid Myer's full price for Earthrise Prime and Hoist. That's just the sucker that I am:p
Myer do have a price match policy if you know of any other places that sell them cheaper.

Defcon
7th March 2020, 07:06 AM
Picked up Earthrise Hoist, Wheeljack and Cliffjumper. From Kmart $29 each. Would really like a Starscream, seems to be extremely popular as was sold out in two store I visited. I'm leaving Grapple for the moment due to concerns about the issue with a peg snapping during transformation.

shockNwave
7th March 2020, 11:27 AM
Got a Botbot called Whoopsie Cushion.

nalops
7th March 2020, 08:08 PM
Siege Spinister from Amazon.

Gasaraki
7th March 2020, 11:00 PM
Got Voyager Hoist and Scout Cliffjumper from K-Mart today... although they were both mistakenly packaged as Deluxe. Trust Hasbro to do that.

Hoist is therefore a bargain, but you’d feel ripped off if you only got the Scout sized Cliffy for $29. Getting both evens it out somewhat:

https://i.imgur.com/VxVOHt7.jpeg

llamatron
7th March 2020, 11:22 PM
Hipster garbage wave 1 Super7 Reaction figures arrived during the week from Amazon.

For some reason they sent me an obvious returned Bumblebee which had the bubble completely ripped off, the toy sitting loose in the packaging box and the backing card covered in dirt. Cool.

Bidoofdude
8th March 2020, 08:42 PM
Got Hoist and Cliffjumper from Myer sale, very impressed. CJ is the perfect size and feels quality, I am really gunning for a new (hopefully VW) Bumblebee. Hoist was my least favourite of the two, but still cool and has that cartoony goodness.

shockNwave
8th March 2020, 08:52 PM
Got Hoist and Cliffjumper from Myer sale, very impressed. CJ is the perfect size and feels quality, I am really gunning for a new (hopefully VW) Bumblebee. Hoist was my least favourite of the two, but still cool and has that cartoony goodness.

But is Hoist better than his brother; Trailbreaker when all is said and done?

P.S. I got a Botbot called Snorg the Conqueror. Good to see a Botbot with an ape robot mode.

Bidoofdude
8th March 2020, 11:55 PM
But is Hoist better than his brother; Trailbreaker when all is said and done?

P.S. I got a Botbot called Snorg the Conqueror. Good to see a Botbot with an ape robot mode.

We've yet to see, but I think the Hoist mould is solid and will make a good Trailbreaker. There's a decent amount of part differences between them, but I'm looking forward to it. Hoist is a cooler character and design in my eyes generally, mostly because I am drawn more to characters with colour rather than black. Sad to see my T30 Hoist relegated to the IDW shelf, because he was such a cool design with awesome colours too!

shockNwave
9th March 2020, 05:03 PM
Got a Botbot called Goggly Spy P.I.

1AZRAEL1
9th March 2020, 05:11 PM
Picked up Cyberverse Laserbeak Blast Soundwave from Myer. Figure I'll grab something on sale

Tha_Phantom
10th March 2020, 10:14 AM
2007 movie Bumblebee special colour version
Earthrise Smashdown
Earthrise Soundbarrier
SS36 Drift
SS49 Bumblebee

DaptoDog
11th March 2020, 10:54 AM
Wave 2 of the Seacons from Robot Kingdom

snaketales
11th March 2020, 07:10 PM
Wave 2 of the Seacons from Robot Kingdom

Me too!

High_Q
11th March 2020, 07:23 PM
I got a digital copy of Transformers: The Manga 01 from Comixology.

Dimi194
12th March 2020, 08:42 AM
Earthrise Wheeljack, Cliffjumper and Hoist from Uncle Pete's!

Magnus
12th March 2020, 06:45 PM
I got Studio Series Soundwave from Myer.

shockNwave
12th March 2020, 07:29 PM
Got a Botbot called Chef Nada.

Miss Kitty Fantastico
12th March 2020, 09:15 PM
Some new arrivals from BBTS:

https://i.imgur.com/9C16uyd.jpg

Basically "Oh they've got Lancer finally, get her and whatever else is available/cheap at the time." That thing she's holding is from an old Arcee (or maybe Arcee repaint as one of the others, who can remember) from back when the movies were coming out - they were exhaust pipes from the bike mode, plugged into a dumb-looking spring-loaded cannon to look a bit like a crossbow, I'm using them on their own to look like a regular bow because I found out she was meant to be called Atalancer so my headcanon for her is full on Greek myth. Except the virgin priestess part, on which note I just need to get Greenlight now, or maybe repaint my spare Chromia (who was meant to be repainted to Elita-1, before I saw the combiner version of her and decided I actually quite liked how it looked) rather than bother with Amazon (although I did have it in the back of my mind to repaint her as Tara instead, so I may end up getting yet another Chromia for Greeny).

I'm toying with seeing if I can remove Nightbird's altmode kibble - the backpack and shin wheel arches, at least - without causing too much obvious damage, to get her more cartoon-accurate (she didn't transform, did she? It's been a while), and also just differentiate her a bit more from all the sports car ladies on the Autobot shelf. Wasn't really that set on getting her anyway, but limiting myself just to 84/85 has the Decepticon shelf looking pretty sparse, especially since I don't see myself getting the big Devastator set from a couple of years back, so every little bit helps.

Omega Metro
13th March 2020, 03:30 PM
After cancelling my whole Earthrise order with Mighty Ape because they couldn’t supply me with Starscream:mad:, I managed to find one at Toyworld along with the 2 Battle Masters. :)

snaketales
13th March 2020, 05:40 PM
Apeface from Popculcha arrived yesterday.

Miss Kitty Fantastico
13th March 2020, 08:47 PM
Went shopping at Myer today, because I had poor impulse control even before we were all doomed (but hey, if toys become the new currency of the post-plague wasteland, I'm sorted):

https://i.imgur.com/utqG8DP.jpg

I did briefly consider getting a second Cliffjumper to repaint as Bumper, but I decided to leave that to chance - if/when these folks show up at the local Target, then I'll grab one.

shockNwave
13th March 2020, 10:03 PM
Went shopping at Myer today, because I had poor impulse control even before we were all doomed (but hey, if toys become the new currency of the post-plague wasteland, I'm sorted):

https://i.imgur.com/utqG8DP.jpg

I did briefly consider getting a second Cliffjumper to repaint as Bumper, but I decided to leave that to chance - if/when these folks show up at the local Target, then I'll grab one.

Especially if those toys of the wasteland have a Mad Max look (e.g. the Beast Hunters series).;)

Omega Metro
14th March 2020, 08:05 PM
Earthrise Grapple, Cliffjumper, Hoist from Kmart and the Micromasters from Myer. Just need Wheeljack, then I’m done.

Magnus
14th March 2020, 10:33 PM
Today I got Studio Series Mixmaster from Big W.

shockNwave
15th March 2020, 05:22 PM
Got Botbot called King Cheats.

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2020, 09:23 PM
Got Voyager Hoist and Scout Cliffjumper from K-Mart today... although they were both mistakenly packaged as Deluxe. Trust Hasbro to do that.

Hoist is therefore a bargain, but you’d feel ripped off if you only got the Scout sized Cliffy for $29. Getting both evens it out somewhat:
Both are Deluxes. Remember that these are really price points rather than size classes. That's why we've had toys like:
* Mega Class BM Megatron who is the size of a Deluxe priced as a Mega
* Voyager Class Animated Lugnut who is the size of a Deluxe but priced as a Voyager
* Deluxe Class Animated Lockdown who is the size of a Voyager but priced as a Deluxe
...et cetera, et cetera, et cetera :)

And size-wise Cliffjumper is larger than a Scout (although yes, shorter than a Deluxe). See comparison pics and comments on the ER Cliffjumper review thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/27028-Toy-Review-Earthrise-Cliffjumper). :)

But unless you change the head, it's just going to be a yellow Cliffjumper. And G1 Cliffjumper was originally both red and yellow. And in fact, he was originally going to be yellow in the G1 cartoon, but a late running change was made to go with the red version of the toy. I actually owned yellow Cliffjumper as a kid (as it was far more common in my area) and only got the red one much later on.
https://i.ibb.co/hRmd8xy/cliffjumper-yellowred.jpg

Also, not every animation frame of Cliffjumper was colour corrected, so Cliffjumper did actually appear in the G1 cartoon in his original yellow colour in a few shots, such as this shot from "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1." Off the top of my head he also briefly appeared in yellow in "The Ultimate Doom," Part 3 if I'm not mistaken.
https://i.ibb.co/j49t3tS/cliffjumper-Yellow.jpg

Earthrise Grapple, Cliffjumper, Hoist from Kmart and the Micromasters from Myer. Just need Wheeljack, then I’m done.
Don't forget that Myer does have a price-match policy. I got my ER Ironworks from Myer which they had priced at $35, but I got them to price match Kmart and so I paid $29. :)

Miss Kitty Fantastico
18th March 2020, 10:59 AM
But unless you change the head, it's just going to be a yellow Cliffjumper.

True, but he's near enough for me - the thing that leaps out to me as different about Bumper compared to Cliffy is how his feet are more squared off, and the Earthrise version kind of has that look already. Currently I'm contemplating how to get Micromaster Stakeout's roof onto his chest to half-ass my own Autoceptor figure (it'll probably involve cutting the boot off), I'm more just going for a general sense of 84 retro than strict accuracy.

shockNwave
19th March 2020, 05:30 PM
Got two new Botbots; Zwonkey Donkey and Cypops.

nalops
20th March 2020, 01:14 AM
Earthrise Smashdown and Soundbarrier from Mighty Ape. Had a $10 birthday voucher so figured why not?

Tha_Phantom
20th March 2020, 12:41 PM
Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jet and wave 2 Seacons.

1AZRAEL1
20th March 2020, 03:14 PM
Got Soundbarrier today. Surprised I actually found something I was after. The thrill of the hunt is almost gone for me.

High_Q
20th March 2020, 06:33 PM
Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jet ...

The way that jet is packaged in the clamshell, with its nosecone extended and turned to the side, has always creeped me out. :D

Tha_Phantom
20th March 2020, 10:52 PM
The way that jet is packaged in the clamshell, with its nosecone extended and turned to the side, has always creeped me out. :D

Don't worry, he didn't stay packaged for long. :p

optimus1
21st March 2020, 12:18 PM
My March acquisitions :)

From fellow board members:
MP Hot Rod
MP Road Rage

Trip to Big W:
Earthrise Hoist, Grapple

Kmart:
Earthrise Wheeljack

SMHFConvoy
21st March 2020, 01:36 PM
ER Smashdown, reminds me of the cartridge that Cybertron Soundwave's Laserbeak would transform into, except with a handle.

Omega Metro
21st March 2020, 04:32 PM
Earthrise Wheeljack from BigW and a 16 pack Botbot from Kmart for $10. 1 missing. All I will say about these is that I’m glad I only paid $10 for 15 and not $42 for 16. What a pile of junk!

shockNwave
22nd March 2020, 09:05 AM
Yesterday I picked up the Han Solo and Chewbacca Transformers. It was $100 on the price tag but it turned out to be $70 on the system.:D

shockNwave
23rd March 2020, 03:02 PM
Got a Botbot called Starscope.

1AZRAEL1
23rd March 2020, 06:06 PM
Selects Zetar, Lancer, Cromar, and Battle Megs, and Siege Apeface arrived today. Woohoo

shockNwave
24th March 2020, 03:52 PM
A Botbot called Rolley Doughley.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th March 2020, 05:52 PM
PotP Dreadwind and Blackdarkwing (and a set of replacement wings for my very-poor-QC JiangXing Winged Dragon, who has had a whole bunch of QC issues :( ) from Savier's Toys.
JiangXing have kind of dropped the ball on this one - terrible customer service policy and wouldn't even replace all the faulty parts - but Savier's has been great as usual.

klystron
25th March 2020, 08:34 PM
ER Optimus Prime from Toyworld.

Dimi194
26th March 2020, 11:48 AM
Soundbarrier-much more fun than I expected, given he transforms into a flat shield thing hahaha

shockNwave
26th March 2020, 05:01 PM
Soundbarrier-must more fun than I expected, given he transforms into a flat shield thing hahaha

Then you can put him with Ejector and the Botbots.:p

By the way I got a Botbot called The Great Mumbo Bumblo.

SMHFConvoy
27th March 2020, 12:02 PM
Picked up ER Wheeljack and Ironworks from Big W.

shockNwave
27th March 2020, 05:07 PM
Got two Botbots today; Milton and Swapbox 16.

GoktimusPrime
27th March 2020, 09:27 PM
Encore Moist

snaketales
28th March 2020, 08:54 PM
Received golden lagoon Starscream from ZoonMaster5000.... so shiny (Starscream, not Zoonmaster... although he may be)

Tha_Phantom
30th March 2020, 01:38 PM
4x Bot Bots series 4 five-packs
Reissue Sixbuilder

Deano85
31st March 2020, 11:25 AM
Siege Mirage from Saviers Toys arrived this morning. Only took a week.