griffin
15th June 2020, 10:29 PM
SKYLYNX
Series - Generations
Sub-line - War For Cybertron Chapter 2 - Earthrise
Size/class - Commander
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - (1)
Released here - June 2020 (BigW first) SEPT 2020 (general release)
Approximate Retail Price - $150
Approximate Size - 30cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Bird & Lynx, Space-shuttle & transport, rocket base
Main Features/Gimmicks - connector ramps for other Earthrise figures
Main Colours - blue, red, white, grey
Main Accessories - 7 x orange blasts, 2 x weapons pods

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/060701.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/060704.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/060705.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/060706.jpg

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2020, 10:34 AM
Is anyone else having trouble making the front clip on "Lynx" connect with "Sky"?

Also, this review thread's poll isn't appearing on my browser.

MayzaPrime
18th June 2020, 11:12 AM
Is anyone else having trouble making the front clip on "Lynx" connect with "Sky"?

Also, this review thread's poll isn't appearing on my browser.

Same, "Sky" is just basically sitting on "Lynx"

Nonalyth
18th June 2020, 01:37 PM
You need to attach it from front to back. Get the rear tab hooked in, then press down on the front until it latches. Once it's done right I find it incredibly solid.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th June 2020, 01:37 PM

Also, this review thread's poll isn't appearing on my browser.There isn't a poll.

Someone at TFW was having the same problem re. clipping them together. Apparently the trick is do the back pegs/clips first, then the front one. I don't know exactly how it works 'cos I'm not really interested in this one and we don't have any Big Ws in NW Tassie anyway, so I just read it in passing.

nalops
18th June 2020, 01:50 PM
Looking at reviews for it on YouTube and someone by name of optibotimus mentions the locking mechanism. Around the 12 min mark in this video:
https://youtu.be/oSM21DV-TwA

Zommael
18th June 2020, 02:33 PM
Yep, I was struggling until I did the back first, now it's a super-solid connection.

Very glad I decided to pick this figure up. It's awesome. Firstly size-wise, it's huge. No, bigger than that - HUGE. Easily the size of two leader class toys from before War For Cybertron shrunk the size class, and comparable to the size of the old Supreme class. Jetfire was a similar experience but I'd say Sky Lynx is actually bigger than Jetfire.

Size isn't the only thing he has going for him. He is a very detailed, highly articulated toy. One of my favourite things is how the neck extends for the bird/dragon modes (he's NOT a dinosaur, he's a space dragon). He has all of the little greebles and panel lines that we've come to expect from WFC Trilogy toys. Like Jetfire he has a bunch of effects parts included which are nice. One of my favourite details is the title "Magnificence" which is tampographed on to the shuttle portion on both sides, along with the NASA logo; this is presumably a reference to Sky Lynx's opinion of himself in the G1 cartoon, but it also gives the shuttle an official name, which is nice - it's the space shuttle Magnificence. (For Furmanverse fans, Sky Lynx only THINKS he knows everything though)

Sky Lynx has 5-6 modes, depending on if you consider the shuttle attached to the booster and separated separate modes. All of them work pretty well; the bird mode legs are a little small but he can be supported in this mode with careful posing; the base mode is a trifle weak but it's nice that "Lynx" now has his own independent alt mode. I found the lynx mode to be rather impressive, as it has most of the articulation that dragon mode does but with the lynx head exposed, which is really quite well done and is absolutely not an afterthought; it has its own articulation and a good sculpt. But the main event is obviously the dragon mode, which has all the strengths of the separate modes and none of the weaknesses. The way the neck pulls out and stores inside the shuttle body is impressively well done, and the detail on the wings is great. The wing articulation can feel a little difficult to get your head round, but once you do you can get some great poses.

I absolutely love this toy and it completely leaves the CW version in the dirt. I was glad we got that figure but I would take this one over it any day. Highly recommended.

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2020, 02:40 PM
I can get the back to connect just fine, but I have trouble making the front clip in. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, and even when it does work it's not super solid. I reckon I'm doing something wrong but I can't tell what. The instructions are about as helpful as a one-legged person in a bum-kicking contest.

Silverbolt
18th June 2020, 05:14 PM
I love guy. Its an absolute bargain at the $119 and frankly would be worth the $149. I having the fun problem of fudging out where to put him. Ive been able to ge the back to connect OK. It took mw two attempts, but once you put the right pressure on the back clip and then the front, it stays together pretty solid. My main issue is that his wings have a tendency to fall off. There is a swivel joiner that goes into a slot near the base of the wings where this issue happens. Having transformed him into base mode there a a few more swivel joins that pop whole limbs off. Just have to be careful i suppose.
I really like the range of motion in both the lynx and dragon heads.
It seems very appropriate that since Skyliynx turns into NASA space shuttle that it should be called Magnificence.

Trent
18th June 2020, 07:34 PM
He’s magnificent. Toy of the year.

Unicran
18th June 2020, 10:37 PM
I'm going against the grain but the more I'm seeing Earthrise Skylynx the more I'm not feeling it. Perhaps maybe if/when it goes cheap on Amazon later down the track.

Skyfire
19th June 2020, 12:24 AM
I'm going against the grain but the more I'm seeing Earthrise Skylynx the more I'm not feeling it. Perhaps maybe if/when it goes cheap on Amazon later down the track.

Not just you Unicran. I'm not a fan of Sky Lynx, even in 1986. I never liked the G1 cartoon character - too prideful. And the toy seemed like a cheap cop-out with the head obviously being the cockpit. Sky looks like a funny chicken, which doesn't gel with his bio, and perching him on top of four legs makes him look weird. And, for some reason back then, I kinda wanted the Autobots to have robot modes (yes, I know, Steeljaw and Ramhorn...)

Still, good for you guys to get your G1 Sky Lynx! And extra good if you got him on sale at BigW.

GoktimusPrime
19th June 2020, 12:28 AM
Okay, it turns out that my Sky Lynx was defective. I've since exchanged it and my new Sky Lynx connects just fine. :)

Mounted Shuttle = 29cm(L) x 15.5cm(H) x 17.5cm(W)
https://i.ibb.co/MRS3VsY/Earthrise-skylynx01.jpg

Shuttle = 27cm(L) x 10cm(H) 17.5cm(W)
Launch platform = 23.5cm(L) x 6.5cm(H) x 13cm(W) [17cm(W) with cannons attached]
https://i.ibb.co/FqRrbcj/Earthrise-skylynx02.jpg

Blast effects attached to shuttle thrusters
https://i.ibb.co/r7xfBdm/Earthrise-skylynx03.jpg

Blast effects combined and attached to archaeopteryx mouth gun
https://i.ibb.co/hdzFr2b/Earthrise-skylynx04.jpg

Robotic archaeopteryx and lynx modes
https://i.ibb.co/DLLLJcg/Earthrise-skylynx05.jpg

Robotic archaeopteryx mode
https://i.ibb.co/6rnLK49/Earthrise-skylynx06.jpg

Robotic lynx mode with blast effect attached to mouth gun
https://i.ibb.co/3pxJS18/Earthrise-skylynx07.jpg

Robotic lynx mode
https://i.ibb.co/cJLqxzM/Earthrise-skylynx08.jpg

Combined bestial robot mode
https://i.ibb.co/Vm69WbB/Earthrise-skylynx09.jpg

Base mode
https://i.ibb.co/NN6DPbG/Earthrise-skylynx10.jpg

Shuttle with payload doors open
https://i.ibb.co/sCy6bBg/Earthrise-skylynx11.jpg

Comparison with Combiner Wars Sky Lynx
https://i.ibb.co/xDctm8N/Earthrise-skylynx12.jpg

Comparison with Generation 1 Sky Lynx
https://i.ibb.co/JnKTY3t/Earthrise-skylynx13.jpg

PROS
The amount of detailing on this toy's sculpt is jaw-droppingly amazing
The inclusion of attachable cannons is a neat way to allow the launch platform to have an attack mode; reminds me of the Armoured Platforms from Macross
The connection between the shuttle and platform is really nice and tight (if not then your toy may be defective like my first one)
The heat shielding tiles and forward control thrusters are light whitish grey, which I think is a nice way to further break up the uniform white colour of the shuttle mode
The robotic beast modes both look really nice. Both are designed to look far more majestic with a wider wingspan on the archaeopteryx and broader shoulders on the lynx. The head of the lynx is also more feline looking
Why do I keep on calling the dinobird an archaeopteryx? Because to me this is what the shuttle's bestial robot mode looks like. On the G1 toy it's kind of vague - some kind of pterosaur? It can't be a bird because it has teeth. But yet it's tail and legs are more birdlike. ER Sky Lynx feels like it's finally solved the puzzle of what the hell this mode is meant to be - an archaeopteryx; the genus of birdlike dinosaurs that were the evolutionary transition between birds (avian dinosaurs) and dinosaurs (non-avian dinosaurs). The wings are sculpted with feathers, which disqualifies it as a pterosaur (which are reptiles, not dinosaurs), and its teeth disqualifies it as a modern bird. I think it's an archaeopteryx.
The officially licensed NASA logo is neat, and I love that they gave thus shuttle a name - Magnificence. Very nice. :)
The design/engineering level on this toy is outstanding. It feels like Masterpiece done at a smaller budget (much like Siege Jetfire).
$150 is a pretty decent price (considering that $100 is max RRP for a Leader Class toy). At $119 you're laughing.
While the vertical stabiliser is prone to dislodging or collapsing upon contact, the advantage is that it reduces the odds of it breaking
Amazingly G1-accurate design. One glance at this toy and you know exactly who it is.

CONS
Amazingly G1-accurate design. Why is this also a con? Because let's face it, the G1 toy is goofy. The shuttle mode has always been fine, but the archaeopteryx mode, especially with a head basically just being the cockpit with an open maw? It's silly. The platform mode is also inherently... meh. It's a box with the lynx legs folded up. Now I get it, this is all intentional because it's trying to be G1 accurate (which is why I've also listed it as a Pro), but objectively speaking - for people who didn't grow up during G1 or have a prior attachment to G1 Sky Lynx, this toy must look rather strange. A large part of this toy's appeal is the nostalgia factor, and this can be both an attractive or non-attractive factor depending on your outlook.
Vertical stabiliser on shuttle doesn't fully lock into position. As mentioned before it is prone to dislodging or collapse, although see above for the overall advantages of this (in a post MP Hound world, I see it more as a plus than a minus)
The little spindly legs on the archaeopteryx mode doesn't support the body very well, especially if you give it a biologically accurate digitigrade stance. It can stand better a more plantigrade looking leg configuration, but then the legs look more human-like. :/
It would be nice if the wings had connection points in archaeopteryx mode to hold them into position (and avoid potential future wing collapse as those joints loosen up).
The base mode is silly looking. :p I get it. It's meant to be an interactive playset for the Micromasters, but still a tad underwhelming. The large centre ramp is also not nearly long enough to reach the payload compartment of the shuttle so. But on the plus side it doesn't really compromise the overall toy either; so you can happily ignore this mode if you like or use it if you do. The options are there. :)

OVERALL
Much like Siege Jetfire, this is a really well designed toy which I think is good value for money. And just like Siege Jetfire, ER Sky Lynx's design is unapologetically G1. So if you're a fan of G1 Sky Lynx then this toy is for you, and if not then I'm quite surprised that you're even reading this right now. But this toy was made for G1 fans and makes no apology for it. :) Highly recommended for fans of this character.
https://i.ibb.co/rMzqDBb/jaam-yum.jpg

Soundwarp
19th June 2020, 06:20 AM
Went to check him out yesterday due to the Big W dale. I had no intention, in fact I thought it was a gross waste of time to mould. But due to the price I bought him, mainly due to the fact that I went to get something and I didn’t want to leave with nothing.
The second my card cleared the payment I had huge buyers remorse.....
Get home and open him straight away and OMG I now love this mould to death.
He is (just like most new TF’s they are what we wish G1 was) perfection.

So doubters beware he is amazing!

Silverbolt
19th June 2020, 06:46 AM
The base mode is silly looking. :p I get it. It's meant to be an interactive playset for the Micromasters, but still a tad underwhelming. The large centre ramp is also not nearly long enough to reach the payload compartment of the shuttle so.

https://i.ibb.co/rMzqDBb/jaam-yum.jpg

I noticed in your picture you haven't extended the ramp. It took me a a minute on nine to realise there is a second piece that slides and extends from underneath. Love the review by the way.

nalops
19th June 2020, 07:49 AM
I have no real attachment to G1 and hadn't really heard of Sky Lynx before but I like space shuttles so decided to put one on layby.

Butcher31
19th June 2020, 03:10 PM
Nice review and kudos on the accurate dinosaur/pterosaur descriptions. I appreciated it.

I would've preferred if the Lynx part in alt mode was less like the old toy and more like a proper shuttle rolling platform, maybe with an elevator tower and the ability to have the shuttle sit vertically on top of it. I still really like it though.

I like the base mode. It's a nice addition and decent use of Lynx's spare space. I also like how they've given us two space shuttles with launching pads in the same line (and that can click together).

MayzaPrime
19th June 2020, 03:39 PM
The more I play with Sky Lynx the more I am enjoying it... for me, this is my favourite figure of 2020, so far...

reillyd
19th June 2020, 06:00 PM
Earthrise Skylynx is just a beautifully designed toy, with a really intuitive transformation design. I know many people prefer the overly complex, but I grew up with G1 -level complexity and I really struggle with some of these newer toys. For me the fun isn?t in having it sit on a shelf, but in actually transforming the toy and playing with it. And so I was greatly relieved on opening up Skylynx (which I bought last week at full retail price) to find that he?s relatively easy to transform. In fact most of it reminded me of the original G1 Skylynx, and so I was able to work out all the steps without having to resort to YouTube.

Gehirn
19th June 2020, 07:52 PM
I generally prefer traditional robot and a vehicle mode Transformers, however this is so fun and well done that I have no remorse on buying this.

Magnus
23rd June 2020, 02:30 PM
I must admit I picked this figure up on the back of the hype and expected demand, so it was more 'fear of missing out' rather than a genuine desire to get Skylynx. That said, I'm very happy with the purchase and don't regret it at all.

For people who value the weight of a toy, both components of Skylynx have surprising heft. The figures feel solid, save for that loose wing joint that makes the wings flop down when they're not secured to the fuselage. The Archaeopteryx can be a bit tricky to get standing by itself, but it can be done.

GoktimusPrime
23rd June 2020, 06:34 PM
I must admit I picked this figure up on the back of the hype and expected demand, so it was more 'fear of missing out' rather than a genuine desire to get Skylynx. That said, I'm very happy with the purchase and don't regret it at all.
Heh, same here. I was really unconvinced about getting this toy but also grabbed it out of FOMO, and yeah, sure glad that I did. :)
I guess the worst thing that can happen with a FOMO purchase is that you sell it at a slightly reduced price (unless you haven't opened the toy), but you can consider that marginal loss as a "rental fee" for having played with that toy for a short time. ;)

Maruten
25th June 2020, 04:14 PM
Sky Lynx is probably a love-him-or-hate-him kind of dude, both in terms of the fiction's Unicron-sized ego (no doubt very annoying to many people) and the goofy toy with no humanoid robot mode (which I would hate if I hadn't fallen in love with him via the fiction).

His last toy was a cute little bag of dreadful compromises and barely worth existing from an "is this a decent Sky Lynx update" perspective. But the Earthrise guy is a huge, magnificent (no pun intended) thing. Definitely not a toy that will be for everyone, but if you're in the right demographic I think this hits all the right beats.

Tilarta
25th June 2020, 04:33 PM
Definitely yes.

I am not normally a fan of upscaled figures, but for Sky Lynx it works, because he was supposed to be big, large enough to duke it out with a Combiner or transport Autobots.

And I have already placed my pre-order with Savier's Toys.

Sam
25th June 2020, 10:40 PM
Never had the original, and when Combiner Wars' version came around I felt it was too small. So I was really keen on this version. So glad I got it.

Tilarta
26th June 2020, 09:24 AM
I too did not like the CW version, too small and didn't seperate into the Bird/Lynx modules.
A SkyLynx that cannot split in half is an inferior toy.
That ended up being one of the toys I sold to get out of my collection.

Sutton
26th June 2020, 04:59 PM
Mine arrived today.

While I was relatively happy with CW version for what it was, this thing is just so, so much better. Well done, Hasbro!

Lord_Zed
1st July 2020, 11:37 PM
Even though I bought him on sale this toy was the most expensive official non MP Transformer I've bought in years, and he's kinda just about worth the sale price. Mine still suffers from Hasbro cheap plastic syndrome so whenever you manipulate the rear lynx legs his flanks come undone, which is frustrating in a toy of this price point.

Still the mold itself is good, just the materials let it down, much like my experience with Spinister. I guess this is good enough seeing as how I do find Skylynx one of the more silly designs, but I still needed to get one to perform in the Cosmic Carnival. :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th July 2020, 10:25 AM
I love this guy, mine got delivered on the weekend and it's very very nice indeed. I like the sculpting and subtle paint colouring on the end of the wings. I like his size and the little ramps in the lynx mode. I like the base mode it is a nice addition that best of all doesn't hinder the other mode. I've found myself swooshing the shuttle around the house as it's a great size for swooshing (much to my better half's dismay) and I've also been enjoying playing with the Lynx mode a lot more than I thought I would.
It's legs are surprisingly articulated (and strong) meaning that I can actually pose him rather well.

Finally the complete package (Dinobird? - or is that just the shuttle?) just looks spectacular when combined! I almost makes me want Predaking and Optimus for scaleness. Currently got him plonked in the middle of a table at home so that all can behold his glory. I feel like he needs a nice sexy spacey micromaster to go with him, so I will look into that.

Best of all, it is a decent price here in Japan (unlike his previous buddy Jetfire, who was a bit on the expensive side).

The only problem I see with the figure is that the wings don't secure in place very well on any of his modes. The shuttle has tiny little tabs (that are a tad tricky), but the robot mode is relying entirely on the ratchet joints. I also noticed this morning there was a way to move the wings away from the body, which gives him a larger wing-span, but is really gappy when viewing from above.

I would say he's the best figure I've picked up all year.
oh and looking at box inside pictures, it seems that the Maps and Decoders aren't included in the Japanese releases of the Earthrise.

G1Optimal
27th July 2020, 05:31 PM
I love this guy, mine got delivered on the weekend and it's very very nice indeed. I like the sculpting and subtle paint colouring on the end of the wings. I like his size and the little ramps in the lynx mode. I like the base mode it is a nice addition that best of all doesn't hinder the other mode. I've found myself swooshing the shuttle around the house as it's a great size for swooshing (much to my better half's dismay) and I've also been enjoying playing with the Lynx mode a lot more than I thought I would.
It's legs are surprisingly articulated (and strong) meaning that I can actually pose him rather well.

Finally the complete package (Dinobird? - or is that just the shuttle?) just looks spectacular when combined! I almost makes me want Predaking and Optimus for scaleness. Currently got him plonked in the middle of a table at home so that all can behold his glory. I feel like he needs a nice sexy spacey micromaster to go with him, so I will look into that.

Best of all, it is a decent price here in Japan (unlike his previous buddy Jetfire, who was a bit on the expensive side).

The only problem I see with the figure is that the wings don't secure in place very well on any of his modes. The shuttle has tiny little tabs (that are a tad tricky), but the robot mode is relying entirely on the ratchet joints. I also noticed this morning there was a way to move the wings away from the body, which gives him a larger wing-span, but is really gappy when viewing from above.

I would say he's the best figure I've picked up all year.
oh and looking at box inside pictures, it seems that the Maps and Decoders aren't included in the Japanese releases of the Earthrise.

I think i read somewhere he was suppose to come with a satellite but was cut thats probably why there is a hole in the payload section

Edit: It was on hasbro pulse it was supposed to come with a micromaster figure astroscope that turned into a satellite

nalops
27th July 2020, 06:14 PM
I read about that too. Astroscope apparently? Would've been cool.

Soundwarp
27th July 2020, 06:23 PM
I read about that too. Astroscope apparently? Would've been cool.

I hope someone does it.

Magnus
9th August 2020, 11:10 PM
I haven't seen this comparison posted here, so for anyone who was wondering, here is Skylynx next to Commander Class Jetfire:

https://i.imgur.com/8wTvbK4.jpg

Here's a question: when and where was it stated that Skylynx was licensed to have the NASA logotype printed on it? This is stated often, but I've never been able to find a source. Apparently it was at the New York Toy Fair when the figure was unveiled.

The packaging has no NASA insignia or emblems, save for the logotype appearing on the product itself. Nor is there text stating that the product was authorised/licensed to bear the NASA emblem. This is strange, because licensed Transformers made since the first movie have branding or text acknowledging the licensing on the packaging.

nalops
10th August 2020, 12:56 AM
I managed to find this on the Official NASA website has in regards to licence deals:-

"Product hangtags should not include any NASA logos, identifiers, emblems or devices, though other NASA imagery may be appropriate. Specifically, NASA logos and words like "official," "genuine," "original," "authentic" etc. are not permitted on hangtags, promotional content or packaging. This regulation applies to merchandisers and NASA Exchange entities."

So that seems to suggest that Hasbro aren't even allowed to put NASA on the box, just on the Transformer but I'd say that the fact Sky Lynx and the Micromaster Astro Squad have the NASA logotype on them is proof enough of the licensing deal.

I'm guessing since NASA is a US Government Agency and not a private company, the licensing just works differently.

Source:-https://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/Merchandising_Guidelines.html

Magnus
10th August 2020, 01:44 PM
I managed to find this on the Official NASA website has in regards to licence deals:-

"Product hangtags should not include any NASA logos, identifiers, emblems or devices, though other NASA imagery may be appropriate. Specifically, NASA logos and words like "official," "genuine," "original," "authentic" etc. are not permitted on hangtags, promotional content or packaging. This regulation applies to merchandisers and NASA Exchange entities."

So that seems to suggest that Hasbro aren't even allowed to put NASA on the box, just on the Transformer but I'd say that the fact Sky Lynx and the Micromaster Astro Squad have the NASA logotype on them is proof enough of the licensing deal.

I'm guessing since NASA is a US Government Agency and not a private company, the licensing just works differently.

Source:-https://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/Merchandising_Guidelines.html

Thanks for the find. I'm asking because a lot of people state that Skylynx is an official NASA product, yet nobody has been able to cite a specific source or link. Not only is the licensing not mentioned on the packaging, it's not mentioned on the product description at Hasbro Pulse, either.

When LEGO made the Saturn V and Apollo 11 lunar lander sets, the packaging had the official Apollo logo for Saturn V, and the Apollo 50th anniversary logo for the lunar lander (the product description for the lunar lander states that it was developed in co-operation with NASA (https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/nasa-apollo-11-lunar-lander-10266)), and when DiD made 1:6 figures of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins, the promotional photos all had NASA logos and the Apollo 11 patch on them (granted, the product descriptions on DiD's website don't cite NASA approval or licensing either (https://www.did.co/product/apollo-11-astronauts/)). So it seems strange to me that Hasbro didn't have a NASA logo or didn't cite the licence on their packaging to state that they have permission to use the logotype.

Update: I was asking here because I asked the same question on Reddit, with little by way of informative responses, but I was eventually pointed to video from the New York Toy Fair posted on Hasbro Pulse, where a senior Hasbro employee indeed confirms that Skylynx was branded with NASA approval. (https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/unboxed/nytf-2020-livestream-recording) Skylynx appears at 17:24 in the Transformers video.

Seraphim Prime
11th August 2020, 11:18 AM
Looking at the Regulations page that nalops has linked to, it basically seems like parties can apply to NASA to use the logos and identifiers, but as a government agency, NASA doesn't engage in formal licensing agreements and that use of logos has to only be in the sense of decoration, but can't be seen to be cosponsoring a private product.

nalops
11th August 2020, 11:56 AM
My best guess as to why Lego had all the extra licensing and logos and Hasbro didn't is because Lego was using the likeness of a real world vehicle, and so had to do more, while the Transformers are approximations but they can still use the NASA logotype.

Bidoofdude
21st August 2020, 08:54 PM
My Sky Lynx arrived today and I am very pleased. He's clearly got a lot of quality put into him, the paint apps are crisp and feel premium. The individual and combined modes are very solid. He is actually a lot larger than I anticipated, but I think it's a perfect size for the character. I didn't understand a lot of people saying he should be a Titan, I feel that would be far too big. In particular he looks great next to Legends figures.

Tilarta
21st August 2020, 09:15 PM
Maybe their opinion is based on this scene from the G1 one cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKwq6JSVEnE
Since the Titans Return Predaking was Titan Scale, maybe they wanted a Titan Scale Sky Lynx to display with him.
Or maybe they just wanted him bigger so they could fit Autobots inside him. I don't think he has any storage areas though.

Me, I'm perfectly happy with him being the size he is, since it matches well with a CW Combiner, scale wise.
Big, but not too big.

Still waiting for my Sky Lynx preorder to be filled, I requested mine via online store order since my local retailers don't like to carry the larger toys.
I wanted to be certain I would get him and leave nothing to chance.

And yes, I did ask my local Big W stock manager, when the informed response is to shrug and say "We have no information on his release", that says everything about why you should look elsewhere for a supplier.

reillyd
2nd September 2020, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Tilarta - had bad luck with big w online order fulfilment myself. If you can cancel your order, Amazon.com.au has him for only a little more

nalops
11th January 2021, 12:31 AM
I finally opened my Sky Lynx after getting it in December and he's missing one of his landing gear. :(