PDA

View Full Version : Netflix wave 2 and more reissues coming to Kmart

griffin
21st July 2020, 08:42 PM
A HUGE thankyou to Hasbro Australia, for listening to us fans (as well as seeing how fast the first wave sold out), to then go to the extra effort to fight really hard to have Australia allocated some stock of the second wave of Netflix toys.

In October, we should see the 5 Deluxe toys and 2 Voyagers packs at Kmart, but not the Leader pack at this time. If they can secure stock of the Leader pack, they will let us know. (or it might just show up at the same time as the first wave Leader pack when it is released for the Christmas sales - fingers crossed)
* be aware though, that since we are in Australia nothing can be guaranteed until the day that these show up in this country, because anything can happen, like if the shipment from Asia is delayed, or if Hasbro America changes their mind on sending us the stock because they needed it.

And thankfully, the Reissue Minibots sold well enough to have Kmart take on Reissue Soundwave and the Cassette 2-packs (possibly both 2-packs), for September.
The second wave of Minibots (with Gears and Warpath), is still expected for some time in the last quarter of this year, but still to be confirmed.

(the image with this posting is a group shot of Netflix wave 2, minus the Leader pack, from TakaraTomy's twitter)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/072101.jpg

Paulbot
21st July 2020, 08:54 PM
Fantastic!

(Hopefully we'll be allowed into stores in October!)

nalops
21st July 2020, 09:04 PM
Fantastic!

(Hopefully we'll be allowed into stores in October!)

Awesome news but considering I was never able to find the ones I wanted in the first wave, I'll preorder with OMP just in case. It's quite a bit more expensive but I'll at least get the toys (unless they don't get enough stock but I'll get my money back anyway.)

klystron
21st July 2020, 09:10 PM
Great news! Mind you, I didnt know we weren't getting Wave2.
Pretty keen on that Soundwave.

EDIT: Thanks Griffin for doing good work.

i_amtrunks
21st July 2020, 09:19 PM
Excellent news and I think we owe Griffin some thanks for his hard work in the background, his emails and questioning to show hasbro (both Au and USA) that we are not too small a market to avoid.

Gehirn
21st July 2020, 09:26 PM
Definitely. Thanks Griffin for conveying the demand to Hasbro, and back to us.

Glad it's an easy place like Kmart to pick these and more resissues up from.

Bidoofdude
21st July 2020, 09:36 PM
Kudos to Griffin and Hasbro Aus for trying extra hard for this, means a lot as I am quite excited for this wave.

nalops
21st July 2020, 09:37 PM
Forgot to say thanks to Griffin. I'm sure it wasn't easy in the slightest and to have everything arranged so quickly is amazing. Hoping this is a sign of more exclusives coming this way.

Robzy
21st July 2020, 09:47 PM
Great news. Thanks Griffin

VERT
22nd July 2020, 06:00 AM
Fantastic news. Huge thanks. I was in a Bumblebee and Soundwave panic

Tha_Phantom
22nd July 2020, 10:06 AM
Thank you Griffin and to Hasbro Australia for making this happen!

Bumblebee2000
22nd July 2020, 10:10 AM
Yes adding to the many thanks Griffin, and appreciate what we do get from Hasbro Aus since I probably make more post about seekers not showing up. I think I should recognise that myself, getting this wave is pretty good.

I might order the most wanted online since I seem to have missed out on the voyagers, but I got the deluxes I wanted and this next wave is a lot more appealing.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd July 2020, 10:58 AM
Nice. Cheers Griffin and Hasbro.

Skyfire
22nd July 2020, 11:06 AM
Thanks to Griffin and all the Ozformers and fans. I suppose Australia is fairly small in terms of international TF markets. So good to see this outcome.

Sam
22nd July 2020, 11:12 PM
Fantastic news, and as others have said, thanks to Griffin. :D

Deonasis
23rd July 2020, 09:49 AM
Great news as the Netflix series has great paint apps even though I’d prefer if they all were battle worn.

shockNwave
23rd July 2020, 05:16 PM
Thank you Griffin. This second Netflix wave has more going for it.

Sutton
11th October 2020, 11:56 AM
This might not mean anything at all, however:

The listing for the Voyager 3-packs has returned to Kmart this week (it was removed for a while, however the 'deluxe' listing has been there the whole time). This might mean the next wave are due to start turning up soon...Kmart tends not to update their listing with new images for later waves (if they use the correct one at all, IE the Gears/Warpath Legion figures etc).

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-trilogy:-3-pack-voyager-battle-action-figures---assorted/3069804

Jaxius._
11th October 2020, 12:32 PM
This might not mean anything at all, however:

The listing for the Voyager 3-packs has returned to Kmart this week (it was removed for a while, however the 'deluxe' listing has been there the whole time). This might mean the next wave are due to start turning up soon...Kmart tends not to update their listing with new images for later waves (if they use the correct one at all, IE the Gears/Warpath Legion figures etc).

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-trilogy:-3-pack-voyager-battle-action-figures---assorted/3069804
Pity they can’t be ordered online.
Can’t wait until retails open again

Fuzzy Barbarian
13th October 2020, 10:59 PM
Oh man, I am late to this thread and this news!

Thanks Griffin and Hasbro!

I'm really just looking for Bumblebee and Elita-1, maybe Soundwave (Siege was is fine to me, but the tape deck mode is neat), so hopefully I can find them

JJJ
20th October 2020, 07:56 PM
Ah, thanks for your efforts. I've been checking my local Kmart each weekend, and was starting to wonder if they were coming :)

Omega Metro
20th October 2020, 09:06 PM
My Kmart has new batches of wave 1 deluxes. Mirage, Chromia, Hound and Sideswipe.

DELTAprime
20th October 2020, 09:18 PM
I just really want that Netflix Soundwave.

Deano85
20th October 2020, 10:19 PM
Got my Netflix Bumblebee from Robotkingdom today

Krayt
22nd October 2020, 10:23 PM
There are a few sightings of deluxe wave 2 and the v1 spoiler box showing up on FB

griffin
22nd October 2020, 11:13 PM
I was starting to get worried that we were only going to see a second batch of wave 1, as someone had posted a sighting of wave 1 this week. Maybe Kmart had a couple of wave 1 cases left in their warehouse, which sat there until wave 2 arrived.
Good to hear that the wave 1 spoiler box is out too, as I was also worried that Hasbro Australia might have ended up with the wave 2 spoiler box, being so late with it.

I hope the Voyagers show up too, and I can get the set, before they all disappear (the Voyagers sold out fast last time, and if they have the same price, they will go fast again this time).

Paulbot
22nd October 2020, 11:16 PM
Could they just wait a few more weeks for our Kmarts to be open...

Sutton
23rd October 2020, 07:25 AM
I was starting to get worried that we were only going to see a second batch of wave 1, as someone had posted a sighting of wave 1 this week. Maybe Kmart had a couple of wave 1 cases left in their warehouse, which sat there until wave 2 arrived.
Good to hear that the wave 1 spoiler box is out too, as I was also worried that Hasbro Australia might have ended up with the wave 2 spoiler box, being so late with it.

I hope the Voyagers show up too, and I can get the set, before they all disappear (the Voyagers sold out fast last time, and if they have the same price, they will go fast again this time).

The Spoiler Box has a listing on Kmart online now too, although it's out of stock online and I can't see it showing in stock anywhere as yet.

The previous deluxe and voyager listings haven't changed in terms of pictures/listing/etc so not sure yet if they'll be using the same online entry for Wave 2 or not.

Cymarak
23rd October 2020, 04:29 PM
The Spoiler Box has a listing on Kmart online now too, although it's out of stock online and I can't see it showing in stock anywhere as yet.
Looks like they have stock in some QLD stores, e.g. Aspley. If you put in a delivery postcode of 4000 it'll allow you to place an online order (you might need to sign in first and then go through adding the item to your wishlist, then add it from there into your bag, to be able to get far enough to see this).

Sutton
23rd October 2020, 06:56 PM
Looks like they have stock in some QLD stores, e.g. Aspley. If you put in a delivery postcode of 4000 it'll allow you to place an online order (you might need to sign in first and then go through adding the item to your wishlist, then add it from there into your bag, to be able to get far enough to see this).

Yep, that updated through the day, which is common on Fridays with Kmart stock.

The only disappointing thing so far seems to be that they've restocked the Wave 1 voyagers, and not the Wave 2...

Bidoofdude
23rd October 2020, 10:32 PM
Hopefully with the beginning of the big restriction easing we're about to get, Vic Kmarts open soon. I am in walking distance of my local one and only need two deluxes from the set (Bee and Elita), so fingers crossed there's no huge rush.

griffin
23rd October 2020, 11:39 PM
The toys have arrived at the Sunnybank store and Sunnybank Hills store, but are still out the back, as both stores said that it would take a few days to unpack the load.

Skyfire
24th October 2020, 01:19 PM
Warpath and Gears wave is showing up in Tas and NSW according to our recent sightings. Does anyone have an idea what the case assortment might be? I've called around a couple of Kmarts in Perth and they have the original 4 together but not Gears and Warpath. I'm hoping Gears and Warpath come 2 each in a carton to reduce the risk of scalping.

dirge
24th October 2020, 07:04 PM
Warpath and Gears wave is showing up in Tas and NSW according to our recent sightings. Does anyone have an idea what the case assortment might be? I've called around a couple of Kmarts in Perth and they have the original 4 together but not Gears and Warpath. I'm hoping Gears and Warpath come 2 each in a carton to reduce the risk of scalping.

It appears they come mixed with the other 4. My local Kmart had 3x Bumblebee, 1x Swerve, 1x Gears and 1x Warpath when I got there. Not sure if there was any Outbacks or Tailgates...

Sutton
28th October 2020, 05:49 PM
Little concerning that so far, Kmart is just restocking Megatron/Hotlink, and not the Soundwave/Optimus wave...

I neeeeeeeed that Soundwave set - we've been waiting a long time for a proper, satisfying CHUG update of Soundwave.

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th October 2020, 11:07 AM
OK, I went in to my local KMart and asked after an Impactor, and it turns out there's a reason why some places are getting W2 and others aren't...apparently larger stores get stock priority, so if your local is a smaller one (like mine) then they might not be getting much stock, possibly none of the new wave.
The staffer I spoke to said to check back in as they might come in later, but you know...be aware that they might not too. So if you're not close to a major/large store and you're desperate for any Wave 2 figures, then maybe see if someone here can sort you out. :)

DELTAprime
30th October 2020, 05:24 PM
Checked my local Kmart this morning after seeing on the website that stock availability had gone up. I found wave 2 Deluxes and Wave 1 Voyagers.

I was worried my Kmart would get skipped completely because sales of Transformers at my local Kmart are bad. They still had Wave 1 Deluxes and Voyagers on the shelf from earlier this year. So now there is a mix of old stock and new stock on the shelf.

Anyway. I got my Elita 1, just need Soundwave and my Bumblebee is the mail as I preordered it from OMP.

Flukey
11th November 2020, 11:09 AM
So with Hotlink and Megatron being the Voyager releases do we think we might see Soundwave and Optimus hit our shelves at all?

SMHFConvoy
11th November 2020, 11:20 AM
Checked my local Kmart this morning after seeing on the website that stock availability had gone up. I found wave 2 Deluxes and Wave 1 Voyagers.

I was worried my Kmart would get skipped completely because sales of Transformers at my local Kmart are bad. They still had Wave 1 Deluxes and Voyagers on the shelf from earlier this year. So now there is a mix of old stock and new stock on the shelf.

Anyway. I got my Elita 1, just need Soundwave and my Bumblebee is the mail as I preordered it from OMP.

I have to either drive to Bathurst or Penrith for a Kmart.

Apparently the Katoomba Target is going to become a Kmart but who knows.

Skyfire
11th November 2020, 11:33 AM
So with Hotlink and Megatron being the Voyager releases do we think we might see Soundwave and Optimus hit our shelves at all?

I've been phoning Kmarts in Perth and the wave 2 deluxes are pretty much selling out as soon as they appear. However, the Megs and Hotlinks seem to be shelf warming. So Soundwave and OP may have to wait their turn for a while.

1AZRAEL1
11th November 2020, 01:55 PM
I have to either drive to Bathurst or Penrith for a Kmart.

If you ever need help getting something from Penrith I can always help you out

Skyfire
11th December 2020, 12:04 AM
Heh, just thought I'd visit this post again for fun to see what happened in the future ;). Turns out Netflix Bumbleebee and Soundwave got scalped. We got our secret Ultra Magnus in spades eventually. Only a lucky few got Gears and Warpath, who never made it to Perth. G1 Prime got hogtied to death. And G1 Soundwave/cassettes are waiting in the wings?

valkyrie_76
11th December 2020, 12:36 AM
Heh, just thought I'd visit this post again for fun to see what happened in the future ;). Turns out Netflix Bumbleebee and Soundwave got scalped. We got our secret Ultra Magnus in spades eventually. Only a lucky few got Gears and Warpath, who never made it to Perth. G1 Prime got hogtied to death. And G1 Soundwave/cassettes are waiting in the wings?

Still pissed in not seeing Warpath/Swerve and with G1 Prime, I was lucky getting a nice and fresh cableless box.

I cant wait to get the G1 cassettes and Soundwave.

Tranceblade
11th December 2020, 09:41 AM
The stores nearest me restocked Megatron and Hotlink for the catalogue sale......

Krayt
11th December 2020, 12:53 PM
Warparth, Gears, and G1 Soundwave have been spotted today...

Gehirn
11th December 2020, 02:59 PM
The hunt for Soundwave and the cassettes begin!

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-vintage-g1-soundwave-and-buzzsaw-7-inch-collectible-action-figure/3236866
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/2-pack-transformers-figure-and-g1-cassette---assorted/3168325

dinobot
11th December 2020, 05:03 PM
So it begins ...
Just dropped into Chatswood Kmart, still no Netflix OP or Soundwave. Restocked Cyberverse Deluxe.

SMHFConvoy
11th December 2020, 10:21 PM
If you ever need help getting something from Penrith I can always help you out

Thanks for that, really appreciate it :)

Skyfire
11th December 2020, 11:30 PM
The hunt for Soundwave and the cassettes begin!

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-vintage-g1-soundwave-and-buzzsaw-7-inch-collectible-action-figure/3236866
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/2-pack-transformers-figure-and-g1-cassette---assorted/3168325

Heh heh. Waiting in the wings. Still, my prediction: G1 Soundwave gets hogtied to death, and the cassettes disappear before most of us ever see them, just like the minicars.

Looks like Soundwave is out of stock online but the cassettes can be ordered using a QLD postcode of 4000 (there ya go banana benders :)).

Flukey
12th December 2020, 06:55 AM
Unsure if its just me but noticed this morning that The actual website has updated to include images of netflix Prime and Soundwave, https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-3-pack-voyager-class-7-inch-battle-action-figures---assortment---assorted/3069804

christalcase
12th December 2020, 10:06 AM
Found G1 Soundwave reissue at Kmart Hyperdome (Qld) this morning, $79. No spider tags :)

https://i.imgur.com/xJsG4fS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

nalops
12th December 2020, 10:23 AM
Given that EB Games has the 2nd Spoiler Box, would it mean Kmart is no longer getting it? Doesn't seem like they are and the lack of UM sales maybe turned them off it.

Lucretia
12th December 2020, 02:15 PM
Unsure if its just me but noticed this morning that The actual website has updated to include images of netflix Prime and Soundwave, https://www.kmart.com.au/product/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-3-pack-voyager-class-7-inch-battle-action-figures---assortment---assorted/3069804
yes it was updated actually helps a lot can use for price matching.

griffin
12th December 2020, 03:39 PM
Kmart's current distribution network is proving to be very unreliable... it's almost like they are several different independent retailers.
With exclusives (and mainline waves) showing up in only one or two states, it makes it difficult to promote, as it just frustrates collectors who are being teased with items that aren't showing up in their state until weeks later or not at all... and they need to vent their frustrations somewhere, and I don't blame them if they want to shoot the messenger telling them that certain toys are now being found.

griffin
12th December 2020, 03:41 PM
Given that EB Games has the 2nd Spoiler Box, would it mean Kmart is no longer getting it? Doesn't seem like they are and the lack of UM sales maybe turned them off it.

Kmart were not expected to have it... and since it wasn't a pre-order at EB, it must have been a last minute acquisition by Hasbro Australia and offered to them, as the Kmart stock is organised months in advance.

nalops
12th December 2020, 04:06 PM
Kmart were not expected to have it... and since it wasn't a pre-order at EB, it must have been a last minute acquisition by Hasbro Australia and offered to them, as the Kmart stock is organised months in advance.

Ah ok, fair enough. Nemesis at EB was meant to release yesterday but seems to have been pushed back to the 20th meaning it's up for preorder, including click and collect which had been taken down.

griffin
16th December 2020, 09:58 PM
From what I can see among the sightings in different states in the last day or two, it looks like Kmart has suddenly sent out the Reissues to most stores, with some stores getting all four at once this week - Optimus, Soundwave, Cassette 2-packs, and wave 2 Minibots (with Gears & Warpath).
In some stores the Optimus toys could be from a few weeks ago, and not all stores appear to be getting the Cassettes.

Skyfire
17th December 2020, 10:00 PM
For box collectors, the G1 Soundwaves I've found at 2 Kmarts have a large legalese sticker on the back, covering almost all of Buzzsaw's techspec graph. I don't know how easy it is to peel off or whether damage/residue occurs.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50729389256_663229203e_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2khMo3m)

Gehirn
17th December 2020, 10:11 PM
That Kmart has security tags on voyagers? how weird.

dirge
18th December 2020, 12:11 AM
For box collectors, the G1 Soundwaves I've found at 2 Kmarts have a large legalese sticker on the back, covering almost all of Buzzsaw's techspec graph. I don't know how easy it is to peel off or whether damage/residue occurs.

The stickers aren't hard to remove... the residue is a pain though. I've removed it from my cassette packs tonight. The sticker on the back of the Soundwaves at the store I went to are on the mural, above the bios (covering Prime's face).

Skyfire
19th December 2020, 09:10 PM
Finally got my Gears and Warpath, with small barcode sticker over the character mugshots - easy to remove and without residue if done so slowly, trying not to allow the sticker to tear. Minor residue was plucked up with the sticker, like blutac. I had given up hope on Gears and Warpath as they were not seen in the first wave in Perth (unlike over East), these G1 cars got bought up quickly here, and this second wave was a bit behind the East and a long time after the first wave.

I'm not hearing of Tailgate and Outback sightings - have these guys made way for Gears and Warpath in wave 2?

As a bonus, I got a spare Autobot sticker (the front one) stuck to Gears's rear wheel courtesy of the factory. Still, $19 for these small toys is pretty expensive.

dirge
19th December 2020, 09:12 PM
I'm not hearing of Tailgate and Outback sightings - have these guys made way for Gears and Warpath in wave 2?

I think the second assortment is Bumbleee, Swerve, Gears and Warpath. So yes, they have.