Extras
2 for $2 Nestle/Cadbury Chocolate bars
Cadbury Favourites 300g $6.98
Cadbury Favourites 1kg $17.88

:D

jacksplatt11
17th November 2008, 10:39 PM
Haha Kmart sure do love 20% off sales

Does action figures include TF/Star Wars etc?

MMMMMM chocolate :D

jaydisc
17th November 2008, 10:50 PM
Does action figures include TF/Star Wars etc?

Absolutely.

blackie
17th November 2008, 10:52 PM
my mate who works in the toy dept. at target was telling me that kmart have been killing target with all their sales... why would a company compete against another company owned by the same head company? its just silly imo

jacksplatt11
17th November 2008, 10:52 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x4/jacksplatt11/mrburns.jpg
Excellent

STL
17th November 2008, 11:05 PM
my mate who works in the toy dept. at target was telling me that kmart have been killing target with all their sales... why would a company compete against another company owned by the same head company? its just silly imo

I imagine though that they just aren't killing Target but BigW as well. The fact is that they operate independently of each other so it matters squat to either. They're accountable to their bosses for their individual performance. Given the fact that K-Mart was the struggling Coles brand over a year ago, I think that can only be a good thing for the group as it was the biggest liability in Westfarmers move. All the other business lines represented opportunities whereas K-Mart was a desperate rescue mission.

That said, doesn't Target have a different niche when it comes to the non-toy sections? Like the more aspiring mother who wants to go better than K-Mart/BigW but not as far as Myers? I think other parts of their business will survive just b/c of that. Its all superficial to me where I buy anything but it does matter to a lot of people out there.

And nice one too, Amaryllis.

Golden Phoenix
17th November 2008, 11:10 PM
Oh god, here we go again.

Next they will start doing "Closing Down" sales

blackie
17th November 2008, 11:14 PM
Oh god, here we go again.

Next they will start doing "Closing Down" sales

will they be like john farhnam's end of career concerts?

jacksplatt11
17th November 2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah Little Man you're right, Target wants to be more of the "upmarket" department store, which is why you see them focusing a lot more on designer clothes, homewares etc... Whereas Kmart is for bogans and TF fans for their sales... The reason why (the then) Coles-Myer group sold Myers to whatever American company bought it was because Target was becoming too upmarket and comparable to Myers, so they sold off Myers.. That's what I've been told/read anyways

STL
17th November 2008, 11:22 PM
will they be like john farhnam's end of career concerts?

Gold!

Yeah Little Man you're right, Target wants to be more of the "upmarket" department store, which is why you see them focusing a lot more on designer clothes, homewares etc... Whereas Kmart is for bogans and TF fans for their sales... The reason why (the then) Coles-Myer group sold Myers to whatever American company bought it was because Target was becoming too upmarket and comparable to Myers, so they sold off Myers.. That's what I've been told/read anyways

Partially. It was b/c Target was making a profit while the Myer brand was struggling in its battle w/ DJs. DJs were killing Myers at the time though it would appear Myers has wrestled that back in recent times (tho I'm not 100% sure cos since I stopped working, I haven't had my ear on things as I used to). And I'm pretty sure Myers is still owned by the Myer family trust or some such but with some investment firm. But it don't matter to me, all the same kinda monkey to me.

blackie
17th November 2008, 11:29 PM
i get about 80% of my clothes from target and theyre good, decent clothes, nice and cheep, and now theyre doing tf themed clothes randomly :D

the main thing i dont understand about the whole myer/dj's battle is that dj's is spread so far and thin in my area, the closest is either the glen or shoppo.

i was bought up on myer clothing, does anyone remember boomdoggers? they were my fav brand when i was like 8 :P
when i started earning my own money tho, i became a tightass and wouldnt spend that much on clothing.

and i do see target pulling away from kmart in the 'posh' factor, becuase theyre getting more and more designer exclusives now, as well as having better laid out clothing sections, with more 'hip' and 'trendy' clothing lines, whereas kmart has the good old stuff, mixed with the bogan crap :D

Pulse
17th November 2008, 11:32 PM
... whereas kmart has the good old stuff, mixed with the bogan crap :D

You wouldn't be referring to Aerosport & Dunlop Volleys, would you? :D

STL
17th November 2008, 11:37 PM
mixed with the bogan crap :D

Whoa there, junior! Did you not see that line in the sand or do I need to get you a new pair of prescription glasses? I consider myself to be part of that ever lovin' blue eyed crowd and I'm gonna slap you silly like the lil' girl you are the next time I'm in the city!

jacksplatt11
17th November 2008, 11:38 PM
You wouldn't be referring to Aerosport & Dunlop Volleys, would you? :D

Can't go past a pair of volleys, the only shoes I wear. Had a pair of Aerosports back in the day too, they were pretty bogan

blackie
18th November 2008, 09:26 AM
was refering to the wrestling shirts actually :P

JuzMel
19th November 2008, 03:56 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x4/jacksplatt11/mrburns.jpg
Excellent

+ infinity

Was actually gonna drop by Kmart again after work today just to try my luck and see if there I can find my Goldbug and new Activators before the sale ends. Now I know I have ONE more whole week to look for them! :D