PDA

View Full Version : Universe Special Edition Pics

jacksplatt11
18th November 2008, 01:40 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-universe-special-edition-images/14479/

Overkill and Dragstrip look pretty good, for repaints...

TheDirtyDigger
18th November 2008, 06:18 AM
I think the answer to my question has been posted before but do we know the price point at retail on these?
Seen them on Ebay already at $43 shipped.

k.wong23
18th November 2008, 09:07 AM
Yeh definately will be a price factor for me, knowing our RRP's i'm sure we will be paying a good premium!

Adzma
18th November 2008, 09:11 AM
I was just looking on TF Wiki and it says these are Asia/Australia exclusives (unless people in the US order online at Hasbro Toy Shop). Since when do we get cool stuff when the US don't? :p Where do we get them from?

Mr_K
18th November 2008, 10:12 AM
I agree Adzma and I too have seen these on ebay. I'm tempted but the price is so high for a deluxe so if these are to come out in Australia then hopefully it will be around normal deluxe prices, hopefully we'll have confirmation some time soon :)

Dragstrip looks awesome! Not too fussed on the others though.

TheDirtyDigger
18th November 2008, 10:27 AM
Would have been nice to see a little extra effort on Dragstrip and a slight retool to give him 4 front wheels.

kup
18th November 2008, 10:31 AM
Dragstrip is the best one. Overkill is decent and Prime, well his mold really sucks and no amount of paint is going to fix that.

Mr_K
18th November 2008, 10:56 AM
TFSource have Dragstrip up for $29.95 US, so maybe $43AUS from ebay isn't so bad. Then again, we have seen other TFs cheaper here than overseas, such as Alt Nemesis Prime and Alt Rodimus.

jaydisc
18th November 2008, 11:08 AM
Guys. Hasbro AU says these will be at retail for $34.95 in the recent Q & A response.

jacksplatt11
18th November 2008, 11:29 AM
13 - Will the Universe Special Edition toys (Optimus, Megatron, Dragstrip, Overkill) be a general release in Australia, available to all stores, or be a store exclusive, and what sort of approximate price range can we expect?
Yes will be general release. RRP will be $34.99. We expect most product to ship by early next year.

From Oct Answers

Adzma
18th November 2008, 11:56 AM
13 - Will the Universe Special Edition toys (Optimus, Megatron, Dragstrip, Overkill) be a general release in Australia, available to all stores, or be a store exclusive, and what sort of approximate price range can we expect?
Yes will be general release. RRP will be $34.99. We expect most product to ship by early next year.From Oct Answers
Hot! :D I don't know if I'll get Overkill, probably will, but for now I know I'll definately get Drag Strip.

GoktimusPrime
18th November 2008, 12:29 PM
Likewise. Why are they called Special Edition? Are they some kind of exclusives?

Adzma
18th November 2008, 12:36 PM
From TF Wiki:

Though an Asian/Australian-market exclusive, Drag Strip/Overkill will be available for purchase in the United States via Hasbro Toy Shop.
So it isn't a store exclusive, it's ours, all ours!

Lord_Zed
18th November 2008, 01:13 PM
Well it'll be nice to have some more Decepticons in the universe line, Although Prime and Megs are still lame.

I don't see why they have to be released in fancy boxes and overcharged though! They do it with electronics, they do it with rarity, now Hasbro are charging us more for boxes! Lame.

I know those are proper Overkill colours, but I keep thinking Rippersnapper.

Pulse
18th November 2008, 01:25 PM
Dragstrip doesn't look too bad but I'm not sure if I'll get him... (Oh who am I kidding? When I see him in a store, As if I'd be able to put him back on the shelf... :o)

jaydisc
18th November 2008, 05:12 PM
I don't see why they have to be released in fancy boxes and overcharged though! They do it with electronics, they do it with rarity, now Hasbro are charging us more for boxes! Lame.

While my first and foremost interest in Transformers is transforming, I've developed a weird fetish for packaging, so I'm quite keen for these and have no intention of opening them.

I might have to get a spare or open Drag Strip though as the Classics/Universe Stunticons are developing quite nicely, especially if you're willing to treat Nemesis Prime/Shadow Commander as Motormaster.

STL
18th November 2008, 05:28 PM
While my first and foremost interest in Transformers is transforming, I've developed a weird fetish for packaging, so I'm quite keen for these and have no intention of opening them.

Same reason for me except it also applies to Overkill too.

dirge
18th November 2008, 07:44 PM
Would have been nice to see a little extra effort on Dragstrip and a slight retool to give him 4 rear wheels.

You mean front wheels, right? :)

ChlorHex
19th November 2008, 01:11 AM
Overkill is a must-buy for me as I really like the Grimlock mold... the blue/white actually looks better than Grimlock's colour scheme IMO.
Dragstrip badly needs a visor on that mirage head of his... nothing a little bit of putty can't do :p

Zippo
19th November 2008, 05:10 PM
Dragstrip is probably the only one I will open, but I do love the packaging.

TheDirtyDigger
19th November 2008, 05:13 PM
You mean front wheels, right? :)

That's uhhhhh..... what I said isn't it? :confused:

:o