PDA

View Full Version : Barricade v Punch/counterpunch Dominus galactic pack announced

Krayt
28th October 2020, 08:03 AM
Transformers on FB just revealed this pack.

ER Datsun for barricade, looks like POTP P/CP to me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855748HF

EDIT BY ADMIN:
(may need to have a US address for it to show up as being in-stock, unless they open it up later to Australia - it is supposed to be coming to Australia, so that could be why we can't access it)
US$40 - March 1st 2021.

GALACTIC ODYSSEY COLLECTION: In top secret side missions during the events of Earthrise, Autobots and Decepticons encounter unfamiliar planets, find epic adventure, and face unknown dangers. Now fans can come along for the journey and explore the Transformers universe through the Galactic Odyssey Collection
ENCOUNTER 4 - DOMINUS CRIMINAL PURSUIT: Punch is a double agent who has been disguising himself as a Decepticon called Counterpunch. When Megatron discovers his treachery, Punch flees and Barricade is sent to hunt him down. He tracks him to the Disaster Planet, Dominus
DISCOVER DOMINUS WITH PLANET CARD: Pack includes 1 of 5 planet cards with key details about the featured planets. Collect other Galactic Odyssey figures to explore more planets in the Transformers universe! (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)
CLASSIC CONVERSION: Barricade figure converts into police car mode and Autobot Punch-Counterpunch figure converts into sports car mode and between Autobot and Decepticon robot modes. Comes with 4 blaster accessories
As the Autobots and Decepticons speed through space during the events of Earthrise, special side missions take some of their members off course. Their duties lead them to unfamiliar planets where they encounter epic adventures and unknown dangers. Now fans can come along for the journey and explore the Transformers universe through the Galactic Odyssey Collection.Punch is a double agent who has been disguising himself as a Decepticon called Counterpunch. Megatron discovers his treachery and Punch flees. Barricade is sent to hunt him down. Punch finds himself on Dominus, the Disaster Planet. Barricade tracks Punch to the planet plagued by unpredictable sandstorms, acid rain, and blizzards. Will Barricade capture the fugitive and punish him for his crimes? Or will Punch escape and find his way back to the Autobots? Crime and punishment come to a head in this Dominus Criminal Pursuit pack featuring the Decepticon enforcer, Barricade, and the Autobot double agent, Punch/Counterpunch. Punch/Counterpunch figure converts between the Autobot Punch and Decepticon Counterpunch robot modes.This pack is fourth of 5 in the Galactic Odyssey Collection, available exclusively on Amazon. Check back for the last reveal to explore more of the Transformers universe and discover the last top secret side mission! (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/111601.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/111602.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2020/111603.jpg

nalops
28th October 2020, 08:55 AM
I missed out on Punch/Counterpunch so I'd really want to get this. Wouldn't mind the Barricade either.

Tha_Phantom
28th October 2020, 09:23 AM
It's POTP Punch/Counterpunch with a lighter blue and a few less paint apps, but oddly I really dig it. Gonna display both versions in the different modes.

Bidoofdude
28th October 2020, 09:43 AM
Hoping this isn’t the toy Griffin was set to reveal, but I have a bad feeling. Big pass from me for this set, not interested.

Tha_Phantom
28th October 2020, 09:50 AM
The Barricade by itself was leaked a while ago, so I doubt this is the reveal yet to come.

nalops
28th October 2020, 10:00 AM
The Barricade by itself was leaked a while ago, so I doubt this is the reveal yet to come.

It's being released by itself in Japan as a Generation Selects which is how it got leaked.

kovert
28th October 2020, 10:07 AM
Is this an Amazon exclusive? I hope it doesn't end up costing as much as a Titan class toy.

Paulbot
28th October 2020, 03:25 PM
Currently available to preorder at Robot Kingdom https://www.robotkingdom.com/f11445s00.html

griffin
28th October 2020, 06:21 PM
Yet another Gen1 Barricade toy based on the Movie-verse character, from a Prowl mould... I'm so uninspired by the laziness of it, like the guaranteed black redeco Optimus toys.
I am okay with the roll out of redeco/remould versions of Prowl that were in the 1980s toyline (Bluestreak, Smokescreen) and Seekers that were in the 1980s toyline from the Starscream mould, but these neo-Gen1 characters are just not as exciting for this fan of the original Gen1 characters that Generations should be homaging.

Tranceblade
28th October 2020, 06:26 PM
Keep in mind that the shipping price on Amazon is currently incorrect, the listing specifies the item weight as 8.82 pounds rather than 8.82 ounces.

griffin
28th October 2020, 06:27 PM
As for it not being available to Australian addresses (despite the other three being available), is a bit strange.
Both this pack and the Autobot Clones were originally planned to be sold by Amazon Australia (as domestic stock), but since the Autobot Clones pack didn't show up on the local site I wasn't expecting any of them to... but if this one is coming here as domestic stock, it might be why Amazon America has them blocked to us if they were not allowed to be "competing" with the Australian branch.
Maybe...

dirge
28th October 2020, 11:00 PM
I don't "get" the P/CP repaint as... P/CP. But hey, good for those who like it (:

Autocon
29th October 2020, 01:34 AM
Did they have to shrink the P/CP mold down to fit or were the deluxes already small by that time he was produced?

Seraphim Prime
29th October 2020, 11:42 AM
Did they have to shrink the P/CP mold down to fit or were the deluxes already small by that time he was produced?

He was designed in line with the Power of the Primes toys at the time. So maybe a bit larger, but generally consistent with the current Siege line. Given how the Prime armour seemed tacked on, there was speculation that he was an "early release" Siege figure.

griffin
2nd December 2020, 09:21 PM
Someone on twitter already has this pair in hand (not one of the usual people either), 4 months before its release.
They have posted up comparison photos (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/comparison-pictures-of-transformers-earthrise-galactic-odyssey-dominus-pursuit-set/45469/) of Barricade with the three Autobot uses of that mould, and Counterpunch with the Prime Wars Trilogy version.

I prefer the darker colours of the PWT Counterpunch, as this new lighter colour version makes me think of Nightbeat when in car mode.

Paulbot
2nd December 2020, 11:17 PM
4 months before its release.
My pair shipped from Robotkingdom this week (but I wont have them for a while!)

griffin
3rd December 2020, 09:52 AM
Really?
The release dates are all over the place lately.

Paulbot
3rd December 2020, 09:56 AM
In the post from RK are things not expected to ship (by their store listings) until Jan, Feb and March next year, but all on their way on 30 November.

Gehirn
3rd December 2020, 12:33 PM
Anywhere you can buy/preorder this from at the moment?