PDA

View Full Version : MOTU origins

JJJ
29th November 2020, 10:43 AM
So, does anyone know if MOTU origins will be coming to Australia (presumably in the new year once the line is no longer exclusive to Walmart), and, if so, where it will be available?

I'd love to be able to walk into Kmart or Target and just see them on the pegs like I did as a child, but who knows if that'll happen...

griffin
29th November 2020, 11:55 PM
If Mattel have an Australian customer service contact, try to see if they are willing to tell you.

Omega Metro
30th November 2020, 07:50 AM
People have already contacted Mattel with different results. Some say they are coming to BigW and Myer. Some say they are not. Popcultcha have them for preorder and most (like myself) have been buying them from Amazon at fairly good prices. I personally think the line is going to fail. Pegwarming badly in the U.S. Agree that it would be nice to buy them at the shops though.

reillyd
2nd December 2020, 01:36 PM
I would disagree. Walmart has been unable to keep the items in stock online, frequently selling out, causing Mattel to have to increase production. Once the Netflix series hits, and then the ongoing cartoon, I think its going to go gang busters.
The price point for these figures is really really cheap compared to other action figure lines.

Many people are reporting finding it difficult to find the figures, as collectors are mass buying whole cases then flipping them for higher prices on eBay. The market will bear it, we just need to see it released internationally. UK now has it and is selling well, and I suspect South American countries (where there is more MOTU appeal) will be quite profitable. That they?re willing to produce Castle Greyskull tells me that the figure sales are strong.

JJJ
2nd December 2020, 04:36 PM
They might be really cheap in the US, but once we apply The Australia Tax, the damned things are going to be at least $30, aren't they...

reillyd
21st December 2020, 07:28 PM
Well Popcultchs is scalping them for $35.00, so you might be right Jjj.

I can?t see any big retailers (eg Big W) selling many at those prices. But if they came close to Walmart?s plus currency, well I know I?d be buying multiples to open and display.

JJJ
22nd December 2020, 07:51 PM
Interesting. I just noticed that The Little Toy Company has them for pre-order for $30 each (plus a bunch of the larger stuff too). This suggests two things - that they are indeed coming through ordinary retail channels, and that if they should show up at somewhere like Kmart, they'll be priced a bit lower than that.

reillyd
24th December 2020, 07:48 PM
I might be behind the times, but they (little-toy co) have photos (out of package) for Battle Armour He-man and Battle-Armour Skeletor. Plus the card art for Ram-man shows he?s oversized. I?m really looking forward to getting these, and ram-man comes with spring-loaded features. Not sure if battle-armour works that way too (in the classics line it was removable plates rather than spring changing.

Surprised though to see many new motu items sold out already, so they must have had low stock orders or its just a preliminary order. Very stoked to see them coming to Australia, even at those prices.

Adam356
22nd January 2021, 08:27 AM
I emailed Mattel Australia and it looks like Motu origins will be available in some big W and target ,here is the reply I received from them.
At this stage there are plans to stock a variety of Masters of the Universe product in the second half of this year and store catalogues both online and in the mail are best indicators as what is coming into the stores.

reillyd
14th February 2021, 04:12 PM
BulletproofVillain Australia has preorders now too, at a slightly cheaper price. Good sign that its going to hit mass retail, but unfortunately Castle Greyskull is already sold out.
https://www.bulletproofvillain.com.au/shop-by/theme/motu/mattel-origins/

Omega Metro
14th February 2021, 06:29 PM
BulletproofVillain Australia has preorders now too, at a slightly cheaper price. Good sign that its going to hit mass retail, but unfortunately Castle Greyskull is already sold out.
https://www.bulletproofvillain.com.au/shop-by/theme/motu/mattel-origins/

Yeah grabbed a Castle from there as soon as the listing went up. Not a bad price but suspect BigW will have it even cheaper.....if they get it. Grabbed Panthor and the Landshark from BV yesterday. Amazon have She-Ra, Mer-Man and Roboto for $27 each too if anyone’s interested.

JJJ
14th February 2021, 06:46 PM
This is looking promising :)

I'm happy to wait until July to see if MOTU Origins turns up in Target or BigW.

Is it just me who prefers to be able to go into an actual shop and buy stuff off the shelf, as opposed to mail-ordering off the internet? I know many things are going more and more the latter direction, and I understand why (and how economic forces are driving the change), but still...

Omega Metro
14th February 2021, 06:57 PM
This is looking promising :)

I'm happy to wait until July to see if MOTU Origins turns up in Target or BigW.

Is it just me who prefers to be able to go into an actual shop and buy stuff off the shelf, as opposed to mail-ordering off the internet? I know many things are going more and more the latter direction, and I understand why (and how economic forces are driving the change), but still...

If they do eventually show up at the shops, great. Will probably buy another set to keep sealed. But it will just be flooded with wave 1 for 6 months. We are already so far behind.

Maruten
16th March 2021, 03:34 PM
These dudes still rarely seem to be in stock anywhere, but with the Walmart exclusivity finished it's been nice to grab a few here and there from Amazon, often for as low as $25. Two for $50 with free Prime postage seems like better value than US$15 each from BBTS with international shipping added. Even with a crazy shipping fee though, a Grayskull from BBTS is still cheaper than Popcultcha.

Really loving the line.

JJJ
20th March 2021, 06:49 PM
Just discovered another Australian online retailer who is listing MOTU, Inbox Toys. Their standard price seems to be set to $34.50, with the deluxe toys at $41.90. And lots of stuff being listed as due in July or even October. Anything over $100 has free postage... Hmm, that's awfully tempting at a time when my TF purchases are bottoming out (my thing is G1, not Beast Wars)...

reillyd
22nd March 2021, 04:47 PM
July or even October seems to be quite behind other retailers. I?ve never heard of inbox toys before, so I don?t know if they charge up front, or whether they only do so when shipping.

I?ve gone and bought quite a few from bigbadtoystore (they just got a new wave, which includes Roboto and Ninjor), and they arrive quite quickly. I?m probably paying more with the shipping, but its nice to have them guaranteed. I don?t know whether we?ll end up skipping waves, as they?re already up to Wave 5.

Maruten
26th March 2021, 06:45 PM
Amazon au has Castles via the UK for $175 - about the same as getting it shipped from BBTS if you have Prime I think. Still cheaper than Popcultcha, and in stock right now.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B08J4HMBDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

reillyd
10th April 2021, 02:04 PM
Amazon au has Castles via the UK for $175 - about the same as getting it shipped from BBTS if you have Prime I think. Still cheaper than Popcultcha, and in stock right now.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B08J4HMBDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the heads up Maruten! My Castle arrived this week, and very happy to have it. They shipped it in the original cardboard shipper box, so it arrived just perfectly with no dints or damage. The Sorceress looks just beautiful, and there?s lots of fun accessories with the castle for play value. I hate to say it, but I think this might actually be an IMPROVEMENT on the old castle. The paint apps on the door are so much better, and form the outside it looks just beautiful.

JJJ
13th June 2021, 01:46 PM
I emailed Mattel Australia and it looks like Motu origins will be available in some big W and target ,here is the reply I received from them.
At this stage there are plans to stock a variety of Masters of the Universe product in the second half of this year and store catalogues both online and in the mail are best indicators as what is coming into the stores.

Has anyone seen any signs of movement yet? Or will this be further into the second half of the year, more of a Christmas thing?

FAPOS
28th July 2021, 09:30 PM
Well i figured when i first saw these if they arrive locally i might get into them, though ive given up on that & BBTS ordered a few things, ended up just over $40aud per figure inc postage. More than i wanted to pay but yeh... I bet they're in stock next week at Big W for $30... thats my kind of luck!

All i really wanted was the first wave(?) vintage He-Man & Skeletor in blister packs but of course by the time id decided to bite the He-Man is sold out pretty much everywhere (unless i want to pay through the nose). So I got the japanese box versions instead which are apparently the same figures, plus being in a box ill at least be more inclined to open them now.

Also got the origins deluxe battle damage versions, because i had them as a kid, plus they come with a 2nd head which looks like the vintage style, not the new origins style that were putting me off a bit tbh.

Then i happened upon a UK review of V2 of the standard origins just released, which use the vintage style heads... so figured i should have them too. Could only find them in the UK though (through amazon), but He-Man is on backorder... of course.

So yeah 3 x He-mans & 3 x Skeletors... should do for now...

JJJ
28th July 2021, 10:08 PM
Uh oh. I think I just saw my future if indeed Big W and/or Target do stock MOTU origins this year...

reillyd
4th September 2021, 02:07 PM
Mr Toys Toyworld in Queensland now has MOTU Origins Battle Cat and Panthor available for 49.99. Unfortunately, they haven't received any other Origins stock. As they sometimes direct import, its not clear whether this means MOTU has hit Australian retail and will be seen in the next few weeks, or if rather it was a one-off import.

reillyd
4th September 2021, 02:08 PM
See https://www.mrtoys.com.au/preschool-baby-early-learning/preschool-toys/motu-origins-creature-astd-2020-11-01-mix-51335.html for purchase details

Jetfire in the sky
6th September 2021, 10:42 AM
See https://www.mrtoys.com.au/preschool-baby-early-learning/preschool-toys/motu-origins-creature-astd-2020-11-01-mix-51335.html for purchase details

General Pre-School toys! :eek:

reillyd
11th September 2021, 03:01 PM
Dang, sold out fast. It was under preschool MOTU Origins Assorted Beasts

Defcon
16th September 2021, 12:39 PM
I visited my local Mr Toys Toyworld yesterday and Motu Origins Panthor an Battle Cat were on the shelf $49.99 I grabbed a pair for myself. There was maybe six of each, they also had some Origins Skeletors but thats it. If you go into a shop and they don?t have it, they can check their computer to see if any other stores have it in stock.

reillyd
17th September 2021, 10:04 PM
I visited my local Mr Toys Toyworld yesterday and Motu Origins Panthor an Battle Cat were on the shelf $49.99 I grabbed a pair for myself. There was maybe six of each, they also had some Origins Skeletors but thats it. If you go into a shop and they don?t have it, they can check their computer to see if any other stores have it in stock.

Skeletons too? That?s awesome. That means at least the first wave has made it to Australia (or a repack wave). I?m really hoping we get a catch up with the missing waves.

Gehirn
30th September 2021, 02:29 PM
Big W has the Origins range and they're $15 this week.
https://www.bigw.com.au/search?text=Masters+of+the+universe+origins

JJJ
30th September 2021, 04:36 PM
Oh YES!

JJJ
30th September 2021, 10:42 PM
So Big W Mildura received only 1 case of toys, most of which were gone by the time I got there. I know there was only 1 case because I had a nice conversation with a staff member who knew her stuff. She couldn't say whether they would get more stock or not, but I should check in next week to see if the sale of all their stock triggers anything.

What's it like elsewhere?

I did at least get a Skeletor and He-Man, and it was indeed nice to be able to walk into a shop and get them off the shelf. Interesting assortment Big W are advertising too; we're not getting the same waves as the US did. If what they have on their web page is accurate, we're getting He-Man and Skeletor from Wave 1, and then a mix of Waves 5 and 6.

FAPOS
1st October 2021, 12:51 AM
$15 !!! I paid nearly 3 times that! I do however like the 'vintage versions' i got better... though for that price i think i should have a set of these too!

Defcon
2nd October 2021, 05:18 PM
Big W at Garden City has quiet a few Skelegod figures, can?t remember the price , on introductory price. Motu origins all empty, $15 each, an introductory price the regular is $19 which is still a great price. At $15 these are Scalper bait, way cheaper than expected. Mr Toys Toyworld Macgregor has a wave Motu origins Skeletors, nothing else assume is just a Skeletor wave lol. $29 each. Who is crazy enough to buy an army of Skeletors! There was an episode where he did exactly that, he made copies of himself.

JJJ
2nd October 2021, 05:39 PM
I never thought to look at the non-sale price. That is indeed awesome - I was expecting at least $30, and more likely closer to $40. So now all I need to worry about is whether or not there will be re-stocks (and how many of the toys from the past 12 months make it here, I guess).

FAPOS
3rd October 2021, 06:24 PM
Sold out in WA already by the looks of it. Got me a set anyways :)

reillyd
4th October 2021, 08:20 PM
I rather suspect that to secure a $15 price point, Big W have purchased a TON of these and will be getting multiple waves.
I found a sole He-man and Skeletor at a Big W in NSW (Tweed City), and was disappointed to see it was the multilingual comic which means no text or dialog. It?s still great for a sealed toy, but means I?m going to have to keep sourcing at least 1 for each of the foreign waves for the English comic.

I really have high hopes these sell like hot cakes and we see future waves coming in. I haven?t been able to find any of the Assorted in store yet to work out which waves are shipping (online listing has Stinkor and Sorceress waves, so that?s at least two distinct?. But often listings don?t match the stock that arrives).

I did pick up Skelegod though for the nice price of $35. Amazon.com.au has it for $80, Bulletproof Villain for $64.99, so it really is a steal of a price.

Defcon
2nd November 2021, 04:20 PM
A while ago when Big W restocked Origins, it was only He Man and Skeletor figures. So I guess we a not getting a proper wave of figures just yet. Haven?t checked back for a while. I have stuff on pre- order with another company, but so far only received a couple of figures. Oh well hesitant to order more from the line, just waiting to see what Big W does. Im hopeful it takes off next year, Mattel has put out a lot of merchandise for Jurassic World, I hope the Origins line could replicate this.

JJJ
2nd November 2021, 05:49 PM
We did get a proper wave of sorts - at the start of October Big W got bunches of He-Man and Skeletor, and also limited amounts of a strange mix of waves 5 and 6. My local Big W has only restocked once since then, last weekend. No further toys from a wave, one box of Skeletors (which they could not put on the shelves because they had in the intervening week replaced the empty MOTU racks with some other junk, and as of this weekend still could not go out on the shelves), and a couple of Battlecats.

They've triggered the re-stock thing in the Big W inventory system; the problem is one of supply.

And that supply problem will only get worse from here on out - Mattel has now ceased production of the earliest waves of toys (as is standard for toy lines). We're going to have to hope like hell that Mattel did a special production run for places like Australia that have only now started stocking and selling their products, a year on from debut, otherwise all those core favourites from the first waves will be impossible to obtain here.

Defcon
3rd November 2021, 10:05 AM
I noticed the wave 5 and 6 on the Big W site during the introductory period, and was gone the next day. Stock must of sold in the blink of the eye. Yeah I understand supply is the problem, hopefully they do a revision wave, for our market and others that seem to have missed out. I'm looking to Big W for the price. Price was always going to be better through retailers like Big W, but unfortunately I may have to continue obtaining these at online stores for a little bit more. Thanks for sharing.

JJJ
3rd November 2021, 12:50 PM
I want to buy from Big W not just for the price (which is far, far better than at the shops that have imported the stuff) but for the experience of being able to walk into a shop and grab an item off the shelf. Even as I buy more and more things off the internet, I more and more resent no longer being able to do so in a real shop (and this has nothing to do with COVID restrictions or supply disruptions).

And yeah, that initial stock vanished in a few hours. My Big W got a single case (if it's the same size case as Skeletor comes in, then that's a box of 4 toys, one of each in the wave) and that was it.

Defcon
3rd November 2021, 02:13 PM
I want to buy from Big W not just for the price (which is far, far better than at the shops that have imported the stuff) but for the experience of being able to walk into a shop and grab an item off the shelf. Even as I buy more and more things off the internet, I more and more resent no longer being able to do so in a real shop (and this has nothing to do with COVID restrictions or supply disruptions).

And yeah, that initial stock vanished in a few hours. My Big W got a single case (if it's the same size case as Skeletor comes in, then that's a box of 4 toys, one of each in the wave) and that was it.

Well said! I actually feel the same, I prefer not to buy off Amazon, I hate that I have a bunch of parcels coming in, but almost all of it is not stocked in retail eg. Mcfarlane figures. Well at least the ones I?m chasing. Not even Zing which is just crazy. I mentioned Jurassic World, although I don?t buy I can see it has been going for while.

Defcon
4th November 2021, 10:30 PM
I stand corrected, walked into a Zing, they had some Mcfarlane figures. Classic Batman, Joker an Robin. Also the latest batman wave, Batman in Azrael Armor Gold Label. Checked out Big W at Garden City they have a few Origins Battlecats $39 ea

Defcon
22nd November 2021, 06:20 PM
I just received a cancellation for one of my Motu origins orders. Reason cancelled order by the Australian Supplier. Happy to get a refund, but sad one of the figures was Webstor, actually one of my favorite characters :( I am having really bad luck with my Motu orders, so much delayed or missing in action. I think it might be time to move on, unless by some miracle retail delivers.

JJJ
7th January 2022, 09:45 PM
Big W has received new stock, which is going on shelves right now. I obtained all of wave 6 this evening. My shop got three cases, with no sign of wave 5 toys. I hope they'll turn up presently.

PetarG
13th February 2022, 02:19 PM
I've just purchased Jitsu, Sorceress and Buzz-Off from my local Big W - I left alt-Stratos on the shelf. Was a pretty big surprise to see them! I'd been expecting the wave with Faker, but this is a different wave.

JJJ
13th February 2022, 08:27 PM
Ooh, where was this? Big W Mildura currently shows as no stock (and a visit yesterday confirmed that they're out of everything but a pair of Battle Cats), but I've been watching the delivery option show something being available (from Big W as whole) every few days for the past couple of weeks. Getting Wave 7 would be an improvement, even if we all want the first several waves instead :)

Autocon
13th February 2022, 09:26 PM
I saw shadow panther. Didnt notice anything else as searching for tfs.

PetarG
14th February 2022, 12:39 AM
Ooh, where was this? Big W Mildura currently shows as no stock (and a visit yesterday confirmed that they're out of everything but a pair of Battle Cats), but I've been watching the delivery option show something being available (from Big W as whole) every few days for the past couple of weeks. Getting Wave 7 would be an improvement, even if we all want the first several waves instead :)

At Big W in Cannonvale, North QLD. At checkout, they didn't process, so they had to do a generic checkout for $19ea.

I've contacted Mattel many times over the last few years about Australia receiving the missing waves. It's ridiculous. Still nothing confirmed.

JJJ
1st April 2022, 04:28 PM
So this is not a good sign...

Big W has revised their web page, and deleted ALL Origins entries except for Battle Cat (which is probably only because there are piles of them just sitting there on shelves). Not even He-Man and Skelly left.

I suppose it isn't unreasonable, given that they have been almost entirely unable to obtain stock for the past 6 months, and I had more or less resigned myself to buying from elsewhere for between 2 and 6 times the recommended retail price, but still...

FU Mattel. Get your shit together.

JJJ
7th April 2022, 08:59 PM
Just managed to somehow snag a Sun Man from an Australian Amazon vendor (https://www.amazon.com.au/Masters-Universe-Origins-Storytelling-Collectors/dp/B09CLPY5PB/). No idea how they've got them (1 left right now), as the things appear to be difficult to obtain in the US where the wave has only just been released. And the price was almost sane :P

Fungal Infection
12th April 2022, 10:49 AM
Anyone know where I can grab She-Ra, Scare Glow or Mer-Man (non-LOP version) for a decent price? Can't believe the prices these are going for on the aftermarket.

JJJ
12th April 2022, 12:47 PM
Decent price? As in less than 4 times standard retail? Can't be had any more.

Also, Mer-Man seems remarkably rare for some reason (I've seen precisely one since I started looking, and snapped it up at a stupid price because of that). Every other toy is out there in numbers, including the absurdly expensive Tri-Klops (and anyone explain that price?), but not Mer-Man.

Also, I had to get She-Ra and Mer-Man from Germany. Scare Glow came from somewhere over in WA, but I don't recall there being any other Australian ones when I looked.

reillyd
12th April 2022, 08:26 PM
Toymate Robina had a shelf-tag for MOTU Origins (4x Skeletor). So not sure if its just He-man and Skeletor wave, or if other stores will have other assortments.

Defcon
23rd April 2022, 12:57 PM
I have been picking up releases where I can, all online sources. I have some pre-orders in limbo, so I'm also picking up some extras from different sellers and stores, just in case my orders are never filled. I will open some and leave others on card, and chasing something on aftermarket for a decent price is not fun, especially when I just prefer to sleepwalk through collecting sometimes. At the moment there is one figure I want, no active pre-order, and I have missed a couple of times, so I'm actively searching ebay, waiting for one to drop.

JJJ
23rd April 2022, 02:03 PM
At the moment there is one figure I want, no active pre-order, and I have missed a couple of times, so I'm actively searching ebay, waiting for one to drop.

Tri-Klops by any chance? That's the one I found most difficult to get hold of. Had to just keep watching e-bay (I loathe auctions) and place a bid in the last few seconds that I hoped no-one had already beaten. And failing that I would have resorted to buying one from Amazon US for $130, I guess...

Defcon
23rd April 2022, 03:49 PM
Tri-Klops by any chance? That's the one I found most difficult to get hold of. Had to just keep watching e-bay (I loathe auctions) and place a bid in the last few seconds that I hoped no-one had already beaten. And failing that I would have resorted to buying one from Amazon US for $130, I guess...

No it's not Tri-Klops, and I'm thankful for that. My wave 4 pre-order came in a year late, received about a month ago. I'm missing Trap Jaw, but comic book Trap Jaw is supposedly coming in wave 9. Webstor I want, and he is popular, but is still available overseas on ebay, locally in Australia he gets snapped up pretty quick. I hate auctions also, I prefer buy it now, or make offer. I'm pretty much missing wave 1 and 2, but acquired Man-E-Faces recently, and he has paint apps on arms don't match the torso, I'm guessing this is a QC issue.

JJJ
15th August 2022, 05:48 PM
Wave 9 of Origins confirmed to be at Big W. There have been sightings across the country the past week, and I've just picked up all 4 toys at Big W Mildura. Looks like they only got a single case, of course. Still not listed on their web site.

JJJ
10th September 2022, 02:58 PM
Two wave 1 Skeletors at Big W Mildura, for the first time since something like February. Is this just a random bit of stock floating about, or are they actually trying again?

Omega Metro
10th September 2022, 07:25 PM
Ordered 2 Grizzlors at midnight via Mattel Creations. Made to order Grizzlors are up now for preorder for a few days if anyone after it.
https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-origins-grizzlor-figure-hrg18

JJJ
10th September 2022, 07:36 PM
There were rumours (fueled by a now deleted and spectacularly stupid official Mattel post on Instagram) that Grizzlor's made-to-order was not available to anyone outside the US. Happily this was completely wrong, and you can order it just like any of the other Mattel Creations items (for USD $14.95 postage to Australia).

And damn it's nice to be able to just log on whenever and buy at leisure (because the limited-run sale ran out of stock in 4 minutes again, despite everyone knowing about the MTO...).

Still seeing people attempting to scalp the thing on e-bay. Hope they're bitterly disappointed.

Omega Metro
10th September 2022, 07:45 PM
There were rumours (fueled by a now deleted and spectacularly stupid official Mattel post on Instagram) that Grizzlor's made-to-order was not available to anyone outside the US. Happily this was completely wrong, and you can order it just like any of the other Mattel Creations items

It still says on the website though that they only ship made to order items to U.S and Canada only. Hopefully they have just forgotten to remove that bit. Peoples orders are still going through so who knows

JJJ
29th September 2022, 07:37 AM
The Wun-Dar made-to-order is open today and tomorrow. Really happy to have secured one after the absolute farcical shambles that the limited-run turned into.

Still the standard prices in USD for Australians, for those who have heard about the rubbish Mattel is pulling on certain countries.

JJJ
24th February 2024, 11:41 AM
So, what's happenening in MOTU Origins almost 18 months later?

Vintage characters (down to the last 10 or 12 remaining, often obscure) are now online-only, direct from Mattel Creations. The first such, Rokkon, was farcical this week - MC is currently unable to dispatch to overseas (not unable to sell, or charge, unable to post), and delayed the sale a week, and then non-USians could order even though the problem still pertained, presumably because Rokkon would not be dispatched until May (although some people have had theirs sent already...). But we could buy one, wich is the important thing.

Retail Origins is continuing, with the Cartoon Collection (same old characters, Filmation accurate - and they really are, Teela's face is amazingly well done) and Fan Favourites (re-releases of older toys, starting with wave 3 - She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man). Cases still contain 4 toys, but now only 3 different toys (so far the duplicate is one of the CC toys).

Waves 16 (2 x CC Skeletor, CC Man-At-Arms, FF Zodac) & 17 (2 x CC Teela, CC Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man) have hit Australian shores, again largely before US distribution (look for Mash Toys or Avalan Kids). Wave 15 (2 x CC He-Man, CC Beast Man, FF She-Ra) has skipped us so far, but will turn up sooner or later.

Wave 18 will have CC Evil-Lyn and CC Fisto - not sure what the FF will be.

Oh, and Eternia is trickling out to buyers :)

reillyd
26th February 2024, 02:07 PM
Eagerly awaiting Eternia, and hoping tmnt crossover comes out here too. Wave 2 hits next month too

Wave 15 is available at Toyworld and some Big W

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th February 2024, 05:37 PM
With all the lines of He-man kicking around, I'm not too sure where these guys fit in, but I forked out and got me a set of them GIITD SkeleTun Worriers. They look pretty sweet. Better than I expected!!

Also a Masterverse Scareglow. Who is worse than I expected. NO, I lie, exactly as sad as I thought he'd be. with his lonely GITD head.

reillyd
29th February 2024, 05:20 PM
Independent retailers are now stocking Waves 1 & 2 of MOTU Origins TMNT crossovers, but may be importing direct rather than thru Mattel AU. I picked up Waves 1 &2 from Comic Book Heroes at Brisbane

Beast Man Unpunched with English USA comic.

Oh and they had Talon Fighter with point dread at the Capalaba store, which is also available on Amazon AU now

JJJ
2nd April 2024, 05:02 PM
Eternia arrived today - bloody big box. Bloody. Big.

Has anyone else received theirs yet? Or am I somehow the first?

reillyd
8th April 2024, 04:05 PM
Mine arrived on the weekend. It’s huge, and I have no idea where to fit it. It won’t fit in the car without destroying the box, so I can’t even take it to my storage unit.

But it contains sweet, sweet Moaty. And apparently King Greyskull is still in transit. I really hope he arrives soon, because I was worried about them running out for international buyers.

JJJ
8th April 2024, 07:12 PM
Why would they run out? They made one per Eternia.

Has Mattel provided a tracking number for Grayskull? I had to pursue mine...

I spent Saturday opening, inventorying, stickering, and assembling. And now it occupies my entire dining table :) Good thing I made sure in advance that I would have room on my shelves in the games room.