PDA

View Full Version : Animated Voyager Optimus running change.

griffin
20th November 2008, 02:31 PM
Reported in America, and likely to start appearing here soon, is Voyager Optimus WITH an allegiance symbol.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/new-running-change-on-transformers-animated-voyager-optimus-prime-166223/

After all the complaining from the fans, Hasbro finally put an Autobot symbol on the Animated toy that should have it the most. And if you thought the fans would be happy about Hasbro listening to the fans on this issue, you'd be wrong. Reading through the discussion topic at that link above, everyone seems to be complaining about Hasbro not doing it from the start and its colour (it is silver not red).
If they don't see anyone actually praising Hasbro for doing something that they really don't have to do (the toy was selling without it), they are less likely to bother doing any running changes in future that fans point out.

At least this could be good for those who hadn't yet bought one.

sifun
20th November 2008, 02:34 PM
i don't like the dead grey look.. would look better with the traditional colours.

Pulse
20th November 2008, 02:38 PM
Must_get_all_Variants... :D

Honestly, I thought everyone had Voyager OP already...

I wonder when that silver-faced Ironhide is gonna start showing up...

Kyle
20th November 2008, 02:40 PM
And if you thought the fans would be happy about Hasbro listening to the fans on this issue, you'd be wrong.

Sigh.

GoktimusPrime
20th November 2008, 02:47 PM
Okay, I can see both sides here. On one hand, yes, this is good for people who don't have this toy yet. Definitely. On the other hand, they absolutely should've done this sooner!! Also, being grey instead of red does feel like a back-handed slap. But, on the other other hand, none of the Animated Transformer toys have red Autobot insignias or purple Decepticon insignias anyway! I personally would've preferred red and purple insignias, but it's something that Hasbro has decided not to go for. So in that regard, having a grey insignia doesn't look that out of place within the Animated line.

griffin
20th November 2008, 02:57 PM
But, on the other other hand, none of the Animated Transformer toys have red Autobot insignias or purple Decepticon insignias anyway!

Off the top of my head, sorta...
Autobots with red allegiance symbols - Activator Optimus, Rescue Ratchet, Rollout (Supreme) Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Sentinel Prime (not all of the elite guard have red symbols though), Leader Bulkhead (transparent red plastic), Cyberspeed Bumblebee, Optimus Blaster (not an action figure though), and Bumper Battlers Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Bulkhead.
Also, it sounds like Swindle could have a purple Decepticon symbol on it, but would need to see its released version first.

So it isn't something they are being particularly consistent with, but the majority are silver or gold, and at this stage, none of the Decepticons (that I have) appear to have purple allegiance symbols.

The point being though, Optimus would indeed not be out of place with a silver symbol on him.

GoktimusPrime
20th November 2008, 03:04 PM
The point being though, Optimus would indeed not be out of place with a silver symbol on him.
You're right, and yeah, that's the point I'm making. :) :)

Kyle
20th November 2008, 03:23 PM
I'll get it when I see one, because:
1) It looks much nicer, and I like the boss of Autobots having an Autobot symbol.
2) I wish to support Hasbro's willingness to make such an improvement, and hopefully future improvements.
3) The collector/completist inside me is itching already... :p

SilverDragon
20th November 2008, 06:50 PM
Well, if they're doing this, then there's hope for quality control yet!

Golden Phoenix
20th November 2008, 09:00 PM
I can see where some fans are coming from though. Prime would look better with it and they would be pretty mad if they already had one.
On the other hand though, they could just buy it again and return the old one in the new one's box. The box would be the same right?

Gutsman Heavy
20th November 2008, 09:50 PM
didn't want it before and this wont change my mind, however big props to Hasbro for the change.

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2008, 11:07 AM
I think you meant "props" instead of "probs" :) I think it should've been done much much sooner, but better late than never I guess. :/

dirge
22nd November 2008, 08:45 AM
As much as I don't care for the toy, I've nothing but praise for Hasbro for listening to fans and adding this running change. Ideal? maybe not - but they listened and deserve full credit for that (:

Gutsman Heavy
22nd November 2008, 12:18 PM
I think you meant "props" instead of "probs" :) I think it should've been done much much sooner, but better late than never I guess. :/

damn dyslexia