PDA

View Full Version : The New Transformers Trivia Game Thread!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Paulbot
1st July 2008, 10:48 AM
Verno's got it

Sunstreaker was called Spin-out in the original Marvel news article (http://www.electric-escape.net/node/590?PHPSESSID=f0913da2649db1be95b824c5f29f0731) about Transformers. The name made it into an early draft of the TF cartoon story bible and into one of the colouring books. (Although a lot of people, including myself, assume the Spinout character was meant to match the Sideswipe toy)

Your turn Verno.

Verno
1st July 2008, 11:20 AM
Alright!

Ok, lets see.

Q: In the first Episode of Beast Wars, Rhinox isn't seen using his own Chain Guns O'Doom but which other characters' weapon?

STL
1st July 2008, 11:21 AM
Alright!

Ok, lets see.

Q: In the first Episode of Beast Wars, Rhinox isn't seen using his own Chain Guns O'Doom but which other characters' weapon?

Rattrap?

Verno
1st July 2008, 12:18 PM
Rattrap?

Sorry, not correct.

i_amtrunks
1st July 2008, 12:51 PM
My first thought was that Rhinox used Rattrap as a weapon, but I believe that Rhinox uses Rattrap as a shield and uses Cheetor's "catgut" gun.

Verno
1st July 2008, 01:03 PM
My first thought was that Rhinox used Rattrap as a weapon, but I believe that Rhinox uses Rattrap as a shield and uses Cheetor's "catgut" gun.

We have a winner!

STL
1st July 2008, 01:29 PM

That was my second guess! :(

i_amtrunks
1st July 2008, 04:10 PM
In Transformers: Zone, which of the Following Decepticon Demon Generals is not killed?

a) King Poseidon
b) Menasor
c) Predaking
d) Trypticon
e) they are all killed

STL
1st July 2008, 05:18 PM
e) they are all killed

I'm feelin' a bit genocidal today.

i_amtrunks
2nd July 2008, 10:00 AM
e) they are all killed

I'm feelin' a bit genocidal today.

'fraid not. Three of these guys got killed pretty much one after the other, with the other one taking part in a separate attack (and is never seen again)

iceburn
2nd July 2008, 10:22 AM
a) Poseidon...coward

STL
2nd July 2008, 10:27 AM
But I like my answer! :(

Fine!

B.!

Pulse
2nd July 2008, 10:56 AM
A lot of slaughtering going on in Zone :( (I still haven't read that Zone Comic through my PC yet :o)

i_amtrunks
2nd July 2008, 11:32 AM
B.!

B is correct.

Poseidon and Trypticon get killed by the Zodiac Energy, and Predaking gets cleanly sliced in half while running away from Dai Atlas.

STL
2nd July 2008, 09:51 PM
Yay! (and all i did was guess!) :D

My question: Name all the Transformers who die in the movie.

(Origin's great by the way!)

roller
2nd July 2008, 10:08 PM
which movie?

Pulse
2nd July 2008, 10:56 PM
If you're talking 'bout the '86 Flick, I don't think the 5000 character limit is gonna be enough... :D

i_amtrunks
3rd July 2008, 09:39 AM
Yay! (and all i did was guess!) :D

My question: Name all the Transformers who die in the movie.

(Origin's great by the way!)

Damn straight Origin was great! (being a QLD supporter in NSW is brilliant)

Thats a pretty vague question, which movie are you talking about, and how do you classify dead? Megatron, Skywarp, TC and the Insecticons cease to exist, does that mean they are dead, and Wheeljack puts in an appearance in a later series, so is he dead? And what about all the bots and minibots that just plain ol' disappeared?

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 09:47 AM
There are also a lot of Transformers who die in one scene in TFTM only to be seen again in later scenes!! e.g.: Thundercracker was tossed out of Astrotrain and then reformatted by Unicron - but was later seen during Starscream's coronation! Starscream was killed by Galvatron during his coronation but was seen fighting Unicron! Brawn was killed in the shuttle but was seen (fighting for Decepticons) in Season 3!

We also have other characters who were supposed to die in TFTM (e.g.: Tracks, Red Alert, Smokescreen etc) but their deaths were deleted (mmm... deleted scene fresh...). Other characters were retroactively killed later - like Huffer, whose tomb we see in "Dark Awakening," but then we see him alive (and fighting for Deceps alongside Brawn!) in "Carnage in C Minor"!!

Wheeljack puts in an appearance in a later series, so is he dead?
That is true, although Wheeljack had a different voice actor in his post-movie appearance and was portrayed as being an entirely different character. Weird. Post-death trauma? :p

And I think Prowl's appearance in The Headmasters was retconned by Binaltech (he's "Prowl II")... maybe. :/

The G1 animation certainly did abound with continuity headaches! :D (another reason why I prefer the G1 comics - its continuity isn't perfect, but a lot more consistent than the cartoon).

STL
3rd July 2008, 10:21 AM
Damn straight Origin was great! (being a QLD supporter in NSW is brilliant)

Thats a pretty vague question, which movie are you talking about, and how do you classify dead? Megatron, Skywarp, TC and the Insecticons cease to exist, does that mean they are dead, and Wheeljack puts in an appearance in a later series, so is he dead? And what about all the bots and minibots that just plain ol' disappeared?

Sorry, i was in a rush to get out of home last night to pick up that useless new guy, Golden Phoenix. Not sure why I even needed to pick him up. We'd have done fine w/out him. :p

In TFTM, who did we see die on screen?

(Flubbering STL)

roller
3rd July 2008, 10:51 AM
Brawn. RAtchet, Ironhide, Starscream, Optimus Prime, , Skywarp, Thundercracker, Bombshell clone, Shrapnell clone, Kickback clone, Dirge lookalike jet,

thats who we see die onscreeen

STL
3rd July 2008, 11:36 PM
missing one. Shame on u, roller!

roller
3rd July 2008, 11:38 PM
Brawn. RAtchet, Ironhide, Starscream, Optimus Prime, , Skywarp, Thundercracker, Bombshell clone, Shrapnell clone, Kickback clone, Dirge lookalike jet,

thats who we see die onscreeen

Prowl silly me

STL
3rd July 2008, 11:46 PM
Prowl silly me

Guess who's up. :)

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2008, 08:40 PM
What about Windcharger and Wheeljack? We see Arcee dragging their dead bodies along. And Ultra Magnus was killed too - even though he was ressurected soon after. :p

roller: the Insecticon clones names are Zaptrap, Shothole and Salvo (mmm, retcon fresh) ;)

Pulse
4th July 2008, 10:32 PM
What about Windcharger and Wheeljack? We see Arcee dragging their dead bodies along.

Yeah, but we never actually see them getting shot so technically... they don't count :D. (Then again, maybe Arcee didn't even realise what had happened to them - She could have been just wanting to have her way with them... :p)

GoktimusPrime
5th July 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah true... STL's question did specifically state die on screen so technically those guys died off-screen. Does Ultra Magnus still count? "Sweeps terminate him!"

Pulse
5th July 2008, 11:38 AM
I'd say you can still count UM.

I don't think that many people were upset when he got blown to bits ;) while in Headmasters, he didn't even put up a fight against Sixshot (Maybe he just wanted to give someone else their time in the spotlight? :D).

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2008, 06:20 PM
Well, it's been over three days with no new question from roller so I'm posting a new question...

SPOILER WARNING: The following question and subsequent answers pertain to "The Reign of Starscream" movie prequel comic.

Q: Why did Starscream return to Hoover Dam?

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 10:26 AM
Sightseeing?

Real answer below:
It was to obtain the body of his fallen-barely functioning comrade Frenzy.

Or do I need to be more specific?

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 11:08 AM
Your turn trunksie. :)

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 12:04 PM
Okay, I'll stay away from the comics for a change!

Spin Road, Mach Road, Checker Road and Fire Road are the Japanese names of which group of G1 Autobots?

STL
7th July 2008, 12:20 PM
A set of four driving/road/car bots? Spin reminds me of twisters/hurricanes, mach = speed, checker = ??? fire = flame deco...

:confused:

(And I pride myself on knowing my American G1 characters! :o)

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 03:27 PM
Paulbot got this one in a matter of minutes, but has requested that this question stay on since he doesn't like asking the questions.

And by the by, this is a toy question, not a show question.

Pulse
7th July 2008, 04:45 PM
The '92 Turbomasters of Boss, Hurricane, Flash & Scorch?

STL
7th July 2008, 05:58 PM

That would make sense! Hurricane = Hurricane :rolleyes:

Paulbot
7th July 2008, 09:27 PM
I only knew the answer 'cause I did something not all that useful (http://paulbot.tripod.com/tf/gen/92/index.htm) many years ago.

STL
7th July 2008, 10:50 PM
I only knew the answer 'cause I did something not all that useful (http://paulbot.tripod.com/tf/gen/92/index.htm) many years ago.

You only had to wait a few years to reap the dividends, didn't you? :p

i_amtrunks
8th July 2008, 12:08 PM

Bingo.

Pulse
8th July 2008, 12:11 PM
Sweet!

Ok,
In the Victory cartoon, who are Jan & Holi's "Girlfriends"? :D

1orion2many
8th July 2008, 10:36 PM
:(I haven't got to Victory yet:o

Pulse
9th July 2008, 12:24 AM
Oh come on you slow coach... :D

I'll give you a pic hint ;) (the addresses should help you out)

http://www.tenchionline.com/ragey/Cartoons/TransformersVictory-ShowdownFortress/janillumina.JPG Jan's Girl :)

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/0/05/Clipper-r.jpg The Boys luv ribbing Holi over this chick... :p

dirge
9th July 2008, 07:40 AM
I know the first is Illumina, but can't remember Holi's GF name.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2008, 09:20 AM
I've been waiting to see if anyone else could get it and I can'ts waits no more - Illumina Hoshi and Clipper!

btw "hoshi" means "star" in Japanese, so "Illumina Hoshi" (or "Lumina Hoshi" as she's called in Binaltech Asterisk) means "shining star." Neat, huh? :D

1orion2many
9th July 2008, 10:00 AM
:)The first thing that came to mind when I saw that PINK Transformer was Roller Force, alias Roller:p:D

Pulse
9th July 2008, 11:09 AM
I've been waiting to see if anyone else could get it and I can'ts waits no more - Illumina Hoshi and Clipper!

btw "hoshi" means "star" in Japanese, so "Illumina Hoshi" (or "Lumina Hoshi" as she's called in Binaltech Asterisk) means "shining star." Neat, huh? :D

Yay! :)

Gok, Maybe you should try to continue the theme of "Girlfriend-related" questions... (But it's completely up to you :p)

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2008, 06:36 PM
I've probably asked this before...

Q: Name two Transformers who have had romantic interactions with human females (i.e. girlfriends).

dirge
11th July 2008, 08:52 PM
Powerglide & Skids.

Pulse
11th July 2008, 10:00 PM
Does Seaspray's girl Alana count?

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/c/c5/Alana.gif

(She's "1/2 human"... ;))

STL
11th July 2008, 10:39 PM
She's a Traalacon though, yeah?

(And I always thought she was hot)

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2008, 10:47 PM
dirge is right.

Pulse: Alana is a Tlalakan not a human. I wouldn't even classify Tlalakans as near-humans (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Near-Human) either as their physiology would be entirely different from humans since they appear to be amphibious. I wouldn't count their transformation ability as part of their biological make-up as it appears to be magical in nature. Btw, you weren't eligible to answer this question!! - so even if you were right your answer would be invalid (and it would have voided the question)! :p

Pulse
11th July 2008, 10:57 PM
:(:o Does that mean I'm not allowed to post in this thread when I'm not eligible? ;)

http://bp3.blogger.com/_lylBZusFjbs/SAzJuGpFhvI/AAAAAAAADJc/KbV2rcZeYCc/s320/Snuffy.jpg

:D

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2008, 12:06 PM
Game rules can be found on the first page of this thread.

8.0 After asking a question, a player is not permitted to answer the next preceding question posed by the winning player. This rule is to prevent the game just being bounced constantly between two players. It may be overruled if the winning player decides to pass on his/her turn ('open floor').

Because you had asked the question before mine you were not permitted to answer my question. You can post, but you can't attempt to answer the question. Likewise when dirge asks the next question then I'm not allowed to answer his question.

:)

roller
12th July 2008, 05:45 PM
I've probably asked this before...

Q: Name Transformers who have had romantic interactions with human females (i.e. girlfriends).

The entire cast of Kissplayers :D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2008, 09:16 PM
Hahaha, you actually made a funny! :D :)

dirge
13th July 2008, 01:02 AM
I'm giving my turn to ... someone from SA (:

loophole
14th July 2008, 05:33 PM
okay i got one for you all in this scene in the TFM what is wrong with what Mikaela says compared to what is under BB's hood?

Mikaela: You got a high rise double pump carburetor. That's... that's pretty impressive, Sam.
Sam: Double pump?
Mikaela: It squirts the fuel in so you can go faster.
Sam: Oh... I like to go faster.

dirge
14th July 2008, 10:36 PM
Chicks shouldn't know that much about cars?

Disclaimer: I have NFI what she said... to me everything under the hood is a mystery! :)

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2008, 10:58 PM
..'cept for automotive lichen. :p

Pulse
15th July 2008, 12:19 AM
Let me take a stab at it...

Uh, That engine isn't even carburetted?

loophole
15th July 2008, 11:17 PM
Let me take a stab at it...

Uh, That engine isn't even carburetted?

Yep thats right its a crossover manifold fuel injected system to be exact.

My dad the mechanic that he is yells at the movie EVERY time about how wrong she is and that its not even a double pumper carburetter lol.

It was the first thing that came to mind for a trivia question for this thread thought it might stump a few too:D

Go Pulse

Pulse
15th July 2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks Mate :)

I've been a revhead for as long as I can remember (10+ years of reading Street Machine will do that :D). I couldn't spot a carby anywhere in that picture... (Stupid Bay doesn't know his carbys from his fuel injection :rolleyes:)

Plus, I don't think there are that many petrolheads 'round these parts :p

I feel like I've been hogging this trivia thread lately :o so I'll follow Dirge's lead & hand my go over to someone from...

WA :)

roller
16th July 2008, 08:56 PM
Swueet

What is the first surname Verity gives us in IDWs comics?

STL
17th July 2008, 01:05 AM
Swueet

What is the first surname Verity gives us in IDWs comics?

Verity Wasteaspace?

i_amtrunks
17th July 2008, 10:30 AM
Hrmm I can only remember her giving the surname Carlo (or was it Carlos?)
Bugger.

dirge
17th July 2008, 11:04 PM
Verity Mohammed?

roller
18th July 2008, 11:12 PM
in issue 0 she said her surname was Carter

and in issue 1 she said it was Carlo

Probably an alias given her characterisation

Anyone from Tasmania or Welbourne may answer

GoktimusPrime
21st July 2008, 08:44 PM
It's been over 36 hours so I'm posting a fresh new q...

Q: Who did the Autobot Rescue Patrol once hunt down in a forest?

dirge
21st July 2008, 09:35 PM
Osama bin Laden?

(hey, NATO sure hasn't!)

roller
21st July 2008, 10:18 PM
Harold Holt?

(hey, the Chinese sure weren't)

Paulbot
21st July 2008, 10:25 PM
Chainclaw. Turns out it's true what they say about bears in the forest. :D

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2008, 11:26 AM
Not Chainclaw. :p

Osama bin Laden?

(hey, NATO sure hasn't!)
But they have Radovan Karadzic now!

i_amtrunks
22nd July 2008, 12:16 PM
Was it Whisper from one of the Christmas specials?

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2008, 01:34 PM
Yup! They were indeed hunting down Whisper. :)

i_amtrunks
22nd July 2008, 02:47 PM
Okay lets keep the Micromaster theme going:

Which Micromaster Team did not appear in Spotlight: Hardhead?
a) Rescue Patrol
b) Sports Car Patrol
c) Battle Patrol
d) Air Patrol

roller
22nd July 2008, 08:34 PM
i guess d

i_amtrunks
23rd July 2008, 10:37 AM
i guess d

Afraid not Roller.

Ark-Ivor
23rd July 2008, 06:41 PM
I do believe that the answer is a - The Rescue Patrol although the Monster Truck Patrol & Super-Car Team were also conspicuous in their absence.:)

I did spot the Sports Car, Battle, Military, Hot Rod, Construction, Race Car, Race Track, Off-Road, Air & Air-Strike Patrols though.:cool:

i_amtrunks
24th July 2008, 10:09 AM
I do believe that the answer is a - The Rescue Patrol although the Monster Truck Patrol & Super-Car Team were also conspicuous in their absence.:)

I did spot the Sports Car, Battle, Military, Hot Rod, Construction, Race Car, Race Track, Off-Road, Air & Air-Strike Patrols though.:cool:

Good eyes Ark!
I spent a good 30 minutes trying to identify all the Micromasters in the issue through tfu.info, and I still missed a few!

You're up!

Ark-Ivor
24th July 2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks Trunks - I was almost fooled into thinking the Monster Truck Patrol was there by the Off-Road Patrol - similar colour schemes...

Ok, here's an easy (not so) one...

Name the Japanese exclusive versions of Fortress Maximus, Cerebros, Spike, Cog, Gasket, Grommet, Cerebros' Pretender Shell and their Swords from the 1988 Super Human Master Force?

Duplicate names and 'unnamed' might be accepted if assigned correctly.

IMO - Super Human Master Force (the 'word' interpreted as 'God' can also be loosely interpreted as human and I think Super Human Master Force more correctly describes the series - your either a God or your not, there's no super about it, but 'humans' enhanced by armour suits or concealing robot forms within could theoretically be called super-humans) - I don't care enough to argue about it I'm only pointing out a translation variation (like 'Coca Cola' sounding right but originally correctly translated as something like 'frog spawn' in Chinese - I think Coke's picked different symbols now), it's just - IMO

roller
24th July 2008, 07:49 PM
Sentinel Prime

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Fortress Maximus --> Grand Maximus
Cerebros --> Grand
Spike --> Gran
Cog --> Cog(?)
Gasket & Grommet --> Onomus & Koka

IMO - Super Human Master Force (the 'word' translated as 'God' can also be loosly translated as human and I think Super Human Master Force more correctly describes the series
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. :) The word "Choujin" 超神 literally means "super god" or "super divinity." The kanji for "jin" is the same kanji for "kami" as in "kamikaze" ('divine wind') or "kami-sama" ('Lord God' - often used to refer to a single god from monotheistic religions).

Perhaps you're thinking about another kanji for "jin" which is written as 人. This kanji does mean "person" e.g.: 日本人 (nihonjin; Japanese person), オーストラリア人 (Oosutorariajin; Australian person), 人類 (jinrui; humanity) et al.

But yeah, the 神 kanji only refers to divinity, e.g.: god and certainly not anything that is within the realms of 'mere mortals.' :)

- your either a God or your not, there's no super about it, but 'humans' enhanced by armour suits or conceiling robot forms within could theoretically be called super-humans) - I don't care enough to argue about it I'm only pointing out a translation variation (like 'Coca Cola' sounding right but originally correctly translated as something like 'frog spawn' in chinese - I think Coke's picked different symbols now), it's just - IMO
The definition of "god" can vary greatly ranging from Hercules to the Titans to the Judeo-Islamic-Christian god. He-Man and Superman could be argued to be gods.

The word "chou/kami" (神) doesn't just mean "god", it refers to anything that is divine. The Godmasters tap their energies from 'divine' sources of power - what's called "Choukon Power" (超魂パワー) - the kanji for "chou" here means "super" (the same as in "Choujin") and the kanji for "kon" (also pronounced as "tamashii") means spirit - e.g. Yamato-damashii (大和魂; 'Yamato spirit'). The concept of a soul or spirit (or even a Spark) is something that is considered to be divine, therefore they are intertwined. :)

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/7/7c/Chokoncharge.jpg

Ark-Ivor
25th July 2008, 11:13 AM
Ok - but I was only talking about the 'word' not the kanji since Takara has been prone to try and adapt Western 'words' into Japanese and in the process get the precise meanings wrong in the kanji (I would have said kanji instead of 'word' if that'd been what I was talking about). :) still now I can read a little more Japanese.

But your answer is still incomplete.:)

Hint: For those playing at home Cogs name (by pronounciation at least) is present IMO
For those playing at work don't forget the Sword?

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2008, 04:51 PM
Ok - but I was only talking about the 'word' not the kanji
Well the word 超神 does mean Super God. My understanding is that you're arguing that the word "super god" a tortology because by being a god you're already super and thus the series should've been called 超人 (Super Human) Masterforce instead of 超神 Masterforce. While I can understand this rationale, I still don't really agree with it. There are many different kinds of gods in theology, mythology etc. and some gods really are super gods. The God of Abraham is really a super-god compared to most other gods, e.g.: Hercules, the Titans, Thor, Apollo, Mercury, Aphrodite, Athena, Verdande, Urdu, Loki, Hades et al.

It's all relative, dependent on which god(s) you're comparing the Godmasters with really. Compared to say the Abrahamic Super-Mega-Ultra-God (who is considered to be all-powerful by Abrahamic religions so in that sense He is the superest of gods/divine beings (e.g.: angels, demons etc)) the Godmasters may not seem all that super, but if you compared them to say Hercules, He-Man or the Elves of Middle-Earth, then yeah, they could be argued to be super-gods. <insert Godmasters vs Hercules or He-Man or Elves geek-debate here> :D :p :)

For those playing at work don't forget the Sword?
Grand Master Sword?

Ark-Ivor
27th July 2008, 12:04 PM
Hi all since no one could fully answer I will:)
Fortress Maximus - Grand Maximus
Cerebros - Grand
Spike - Gran
Cog - Kogu (I'll accept Cog or 'same name', but Cog? is not an answer its a question)
Gasket/Grommet - Koka/Onomis
Master Sword - unnamed (I did say it was an option - but it did have to be stated clearly as the answer)
Great work Gok, but 'missed it by that much'

A much easier question now:)
What is the alternate mode of Emirate Xaaron called and has it ever been officially rendered?

Well Hercules is half human, Elves/Men/Dwarves/Ents were sung-up by gods (read Silmarilion), and He-Man's power is derived from Castle Grey Skull - making them all human or super-human (Or creature or super-creature).

This is important since they can all be killed - to use Transformer and Middle-Earthen mythology as a basis a God cannot be killed, but it can be reduced or converted within the same plane of existence (this is because they exist simultaneously on all planes of existence) - Unicron consuming his brethren (conversion), Sauron's power being dissipated leaving him as little more than a malicious spirit (see also Unicron's essence being trapped in the Matrix). And I agree that there can be different levels of god-hood - Primus may be powerful in one way, but Unicron, the Universe and the Chronoverse are far above them. This can also be seen in Norse, Roman and Greek mythology where you have gods and children of gods who are also gods and gods who 'kill' other gods 'inherit' their power (conversion).

Transformers/Elves/Men/Super-Humans/semi-gods/etc. when their energies are converted (die) they must depart one plane of existence to reside upon another (J'nwan/All-Spark/Elvenhome/Heaven/Valhalla/Hell/etc.) and although they can return to their previous plane of existence (ghosts/angels/demons/etc.) they can only do more than communicate if they possess the body of another or have help from a god (Starscream's ghost rehoused by Unicron/Gandalf resurrected) - with those definitions Poltergeists or Kinetic Ghosts would seem to negate the need for a physical form but they could be considered to be reduced Gods rather than ghosts.

The origin 'word' Ji/Jin/Qi/Chi/Zhi in all its spellings and pronunciations more correctly mean Energy or Harmony - not God.

With all those definitions the 'word' God (as used in Godmasters) would more correctly be interpreted as Energy/Power while the God (as used in Super God Master Force) would be interpreted as Human.
I like Geek debate but will probably have to end my part in it here:( :p :) :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
27th July 2008, 10:35 PM
I'll accept Cog or 'same name', but Cog? is not an answer its a question
Wuaaagh! I should've been more confident and said "Cog!" even if I wasn't entirely sure. :p BW Megatron was right... deception is sometimes the better part of valour. ;)

In answer to the question Xaaron's alt mode is a combat tank but it has never been rendered as he is no longer able to transform into it without tearing himself a second one. :D

Ark-Ivor
30th July 2008, 12:36 AM
I'll accept your answer (although I think it was called a Solar Tank in the Marvel UK bonus 200th Anniversay mini-comic) and yep never rendered.

You're up :)

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2008, 05:00 PM
Q: Who is the main Decepticon villain in the adventure game book Island of Fear?
http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/tr_uk_ifthumb.jpg (http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/tr_uk_if.jpg)
Bonus Q: Which Autobot other than Beachcomber appears in this book (although whether you see him or not depends on which choices you make)?

TheDirtyDigger
30th July 2008, 05:23 PM
Dirge.

Bonus Q: I don't know.

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2008, 05:27 PM
Dirge is correct. Your turn.

Bonus Q answer: Seaspray.

TheDirtyDigger
30th July 2008, 05:39 PM
Who's the biggest Transformer toy (any series) ever made?

(can't think of a good question:()

roller
30th July 2008, 06:15 PM
Worlds smallest Ravage

Pulse
30th July 2008, 06:33 PM
Who's the biggest Transformer toy (any series) ever made?

(can't think of a good question:()

any of the 3 Maximii?

TheDirtyDigger
30th July 2008, 07:20 PM
Take it away Pulse...

Pulse
30th July 2008, 07:33 PM
Sweet! :)

Ok,
In a really mushy moment :D, Into who's arms does Nightbird collapse into at the end of her G1 episode?

roller
30th July 2008, 07:44 PM
Sentinel Prime

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2008, 11:12 AM
Ramhorn's :D

Pulse
31st July 2008, 11:20 AM
Uh,
Roller is half-right... :D

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2008, 03:39 PM
Sentinel Wheelie.

roller
31st July 2008, 07:46 PM
Sentinel Maximus

Pulse
1st August 2008, 11:33 AM
Jeez, I don't know what G1 Cartoon you guys were watching... :rolleyes::D

Anyway, It's been more than 36 hours so I guess it's an open floor for anyone to ask a question... :)

Oh & about the answer,
Yep, Nightbird collapsed into Op Prime's arms & when Elita One found out about it, she slapped Prime so hard - his mouthplate came clean off :eek: (but Elita One remained loyal to her guy - unlike Arcee... :D)

1orion2many
1st August 2008, 03:15 PM
:)MINE MINE MINE, who is the strongest Autobot in the cartoon:D

roller
1st August 2008, 07:50 PM
Sentinel Prime

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2008, 08:51 PM
Fortress Maximus

1orion2many
2nd August 2008, 06:15 PM
Fortress Maximus

:oI should have been more specific in my question, because I wasn't your up Gok:).

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2008, 07:58 PM
Q: The following bio & tech specs quote belongs to which G1 Transformer?
"To go forward across unknown terrain is only the beginning..."

roller
2nd August 2008, 08:14 PM
Sentinel Prime

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 09:25 PM
Gripper of the '91 Motorvators?

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2008, 09:37 PM
You got it. Your turn.

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 10:06 PM
Cool :)

Ok, In the Micromaster Hot Rod Patrol commercial, Prime refers to the Hot Rod Patrol as being a "______ looking bunch"

& the missing word is?

roller
2nd August 2008, 11:48 PM
hot??

Pulse
3rd August 2008, 12:10 AM
hot??

Come on Roller, Even Sentinel Prime knows this one... :D

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 02:29 PM
It's been well over 36 hours so the question is now void. New question!

Q: What make of vehicle does Rabicrater transform into?

1orion2many
5th August 2008, 02:48 PM
It's been well over 36 hours so the question is now void. New question!

Q: What make of vehicle does Rabicrater transform into?

:confused:I did a search on TFU info and came up blank:confused:, what series:o

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 02:54 PM
G1, Zone

1orion2many
5th August 2008, 04:28 PM
:)A blue car:)

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 04:54 PM
The question states "make of vehicle." :)

Paulbot
5th August 2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe the question should have been "make of car"? A car is a type of vehicle...

Just sayin'...

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah but "car" isn't a specific make of vehicle, just at type. I'm looking for the specific make/model of the vehicle.

roller
5th August 2008, 11:07 PM
Delorean/ Flux capacitor + Space time element

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2008, 06:48 PM
Nope. Swindler is a Delorean, and he's not blue in car mode (nor is he a time-traveller)

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2008, 09:06 PM
Visual clue - the Rabicrater toy:
http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/generations/1990/img/c350_mm.jpg

Bartrim
6th August 2008, 10:09 PM
Looks like a push (porsche)... Kinda hard to tell the model from a toy like that. I'll take a stab at a 959 model.

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2008, 10:14 PM
You are correct sir! :D It is indeed a Porsche 959. :)
http://www.ssip.net/upload/porsche-959-white-3_91.jpg
Rabicrater is also a repaint of Skystalker and later repainted as Metrobomb
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/hu/images/thumb/b/bc/Skystalker.jpg/301px-Skystalker.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/b0/ZoneMetrobomb1.jpg/200px-ZoneMetrobomb1.jpg
...who here wouldn't love to see an e-Hobby Metrotitan? ;)

Bartrim
7th August 2008, 08:44 AM
OK a fairly easy cartoon question. What is Sideburn obsessed with in R.i.D?

roller
7th August 2008, 08:52 AM
the little red hen i mean sports car

Bartrim
7th August 2008, 09:47 AM
Correct you are Roller.

roller
9th August 2008, 12:12 AM
Which transformer ingests some super powerful ore in a 21st century game on one of the playstation platforms?

GoktimusPrime
12th August 2008, 12:04 AM
T'is been over 36 hours w/ no correct answer. Question is void. Anyone can ask a new q now. :)

GoktimusPrime
12th August 2008, 12:21 PM
No takers? Here's a fairly easy one from the G1 comics...

Q: Who became leader of the Earth-bound Decepticons after Shockwave?

roller
12th August 2008, 10:41 PM
that scorpion guy?

and the answer to my q was....bah no one is listening

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2008, 06:37 PM
Not Scorponok

Bartrim
13th August 2008, 09:20 PM
Ratbat?

dirge
13th August 2008, 09:25 PM
Scattor?

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2008, 10:41 PM
Bartrim was right. :)

Bartrim
14th August 2008, 08:10 PM
What is the name of the area where "It all went down" in Stormbringer?

roller
14th August 2008, 08:54 PM
the Death Zone

dirge
14th August 2008, 08:57 PM
Shoalhaven.

Bartrim
15th August 2008, 08:46 AM
Shoalhaven.

lol- cute

GoktimusPrime
17th August 2008, 04:49 PM
36+ hours have elapsed. New question time!

Q: What are the individual names of the Predacon Generals who form the Tripredacus Council?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/8/83/TripredacusCouncil1.jpg/250px-TripredacusCouncil1.jpg (http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/8/83/TripredacusCouncil1.jpg)<--click to view larger image

Bonus Q: According to Tarantulas and Megatron who created these generals?

dirge
17th August 2008, 08:01 PM
Ramhorn, Cicadacon & Sea Clamp?

Unicron?

roller
17th August 2008, 08:51 PM
dirge got it right, General Ramhorn, General Seaclamp and General Cicadacon

Not Unicron, they are just descendants of unicron or his agents

GoktimusPrime
17th August 2008, 10:18 PM
dirge is right. :)

From L-R in that picture it's Sea Clamp, Ram Horn and Cicadacon. And Unicron is also correct for the bonus Q.

Tarantulas once states that he and the Tripredacus Council are not descendants of Autobots or Decepticons and that they had different origins (hence why he didn't care about destroying the Ark and killing both Autobots and Decepticons board, whereas Megatron only wanted to kill Optimus Prime - he would never dare kill a Decepticon as it would cancel out his own existence) and Megatron once referred to Tarantulas as "Unicron's spawn," which by default would also make Unicron spawn of Unicron too. Whether they were directly created by Unicron or decendant from creations of Unicron is never specified, but Unicron is the correct answer.

dirge
17th August 2008, 10:25 PM
Who has the assigned function of, "Rebel Warrior"?

iceburn
17th August 2008, 10:35 PM
Who has the assigned function of, "Rebel Warrior"?

Thundercracker?

dirge
18th August 2008, 01:01 AM
More information, please.

GoktimusPrime
20th August 2008, 09:50 PM
WAKE UP ICEBURN! :p

Anyway, t'is been 3 days since the question was posted. The answer's Machine Wars Thundercracker btw.

New Question!

Q: In Transformers Animated what is the name of the material stolen by a high-speed human super-villain?

Visual clue! http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/3/38/Destronium.jpg/300px-Destronium.jpg

Bonus Q: What is the name of the human villain who stole this substance?

Another visual clue! http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/1/1c/NanosecSUV.jpg/180px-NanosecSUV.jpg

roller
20th August 2008, 10:31 PM
:D i watched this ep this morning

but can't remember as i had 1 hour sleep all night, bloody burglar :mad:

It was highly explosive um er ditrunium? :)

Pulse
21st August 2008, 12:10 AM
I'm glad the answer's not Angry Friggin' Archer! ;) :D

http://www.transformersanimated.com/img/characters/angry-archer/angry-archer-preview.jpg *Goddamn I hate you...*

i_amtrunks
21st August 2008, 10:08 AM
The substance that Nanosec (Nino Sexton) stole on Megatron's behalf was the highly volatile "Destronium".

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2008, 10:26 PM
Right you are on both counts trunksie! :D

i_amtrunks
22nd August 2008, 02:31 PM
Right you are on both counts trunksie! :D

Only remembered the Destronium because I loved how it was more or less the opposite of Cybertronium!

Which of the figures below does NOT suffer from GPS (Gold Plastic Syndrome)
a) G1 Pyro
b) BW Torca
c) BW Transmetal Megatron
d) G1 Skyhammer
e) They all suffer from it you twit!

iceburn
22nd August 2008, 02:40 PM
c)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BPS

surprisingly i was reading about GPS on an auction selling G2 Aerialbots

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 02:50 PM
Ahhhhh Gold Plastic Syndrome...

One of the best things ever to come out of G1... :D

i_amtrunks
22nd August 2008, 03:02 PM
c)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BPS

surprisingly i was reading about GPS on an auction selling G2 Aerialbots

Bada-bing bada-boom. You got it Icey, you're up.

iceburn
22nd August 2008, 03:04 PM
me?? i dont know any questions... *hehe*
i'm just a mindless driod

GoktimusPrime
22nd August 2008, 03:40 PM
You can pass your go if you don't want to ask a question. Pulse did that like the first 10 times he answered questions correctly. :p Seriously though, you can either nominate someone else to have your turn or leave it as open floor which means anyone else can ask the next q. Up to you dude. ;)

"The power is yours!" http://www.unep.org/wed/2005/english/Images/captain.gif

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2008, 07:52 PM
Looks like iceburn's not taking his go...

New question!

Q: What is the name of this Transformer?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/rooformer.jpg

Pulse
26th August 2008, 09:36 PM
Skippy? ;)

Paulbot
26th August 2008, 10:30 PM
Did they ever make a toy of Star Upper? I remember him from the Gameboy game.

i_amtrunks
27th August 2008, 10:08 AM
I so need that koala transformer.

A wombat one would be preferred though! :D

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2008, 01:16 PM
Did they ever make a toy of Star Upper? I remember him from the Gameboy game.
Aw, did you just answer in a form of a question?!? Nah, s'cool I'll give you that one. :)
And no, there was never a toy made of Star Upper. What a downer, Alexander. :p

P.S.: it's your turn now Paulbot. (^_^)

Paulbot
29th August 2008, 09:39 AM
Next question:

How much was the bounty Rodimus Prime put on Galvatron's head?

He has good business sense, yes?

i_amtrunks
29th August 2008, 10:17 AM
Next question:

How much was the bounty Rodimus Prime put on Galvatron's head?

He has good business sense, yes?

10,000 Shanix, whatever that unit is worth in Cybertronain oil... :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
29th August 2008, 05:54 PM
A lot less nowadays with the current price of crude. :p :(

Paulbot
29th August 2008, 10:40 PM
i_amtrunks is right, you're up.

i_amtrunks
30th August 2008, 08:44 PM
What Planet did the events of the G1 Cartoon Episode "Carnage in C-Minor" take place on?

GoktimusPrime
30th August 2008, 09:45 PM
"On the foresht moon of Endor!" *schlurrrp* http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/customavatars/avatar166509_1.gif "It'sh a trap!"

:p d:

Sky Shadow
31st August 2008, 06:08 PM
Eurythma? The home planet of Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart?

GoktimusPrime
31st August 2008, 07:15 PM
Heh.

It's kinda funky how the Eurhythmans look like elves! Of course, that would probably be where the similarity ends. :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/eurhythma_elves.jpg
"Blaster im Allegra. Telin le thaed. Lasto beth nîn. Tolo dan na ngalad."

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 10:38 AM
Eurythma? The home planet of Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart?

Bada-bing bada-boom.

You're up SkyShadow!

Sky Shadow
1st September 2008, 11:06 AM
Okay then... who were the first five Transformers with balls?

Um... or, more specifically, what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?

roller
1st September 2008, 11:42 AM
volt,electro um Hooligan, huffer and quickswitch?

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 01:22 PM
Which came first, the Cyberjets or the Laser Rods? They'd be my guesses for the first line to have Ball Sockets.

G1 Wreck-gar also had ball sockets, so he'd be among the actual first 5.

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 06:46 PM
Laser Rods came before Cyber Jets. :)

1994:
Laser Rods (Electro, Volt, Sizzle & Jolt)

1995:
Laser Rod (Optimus Prime)
Laser Cycles (Road Rocket & Road Pig)
Cyber Jets (Air Raid, Jetfire, Strafe, Hooligan, Skyjack & Space Case)

dirge
1st September 2008, 07:37 PM
Er trunks... are you eligible to answer?

Sky Shadow
1st September 2008, 10:48 PM
As a twelve-hours-in clue... um, none of the answers so far are correct.

(That is, the first five Transformers toys with ball-and-swivel joints do not include Wreck-Gar, Huffer, Quickswitch, any of the Laser Rods, Laser Cycles or Cyber Jets.)

Of the five answers, I happen to know that quite a few of the Ozformers here own at least one, if not two of the toys in question. And some of you own all five. Play with your toys, people! :p

dirge
1st September 2008, 11:02 PM
Astrotrain & Venom have ball jointed shoulders, Barrage & Chopshop have ball jointed insect legs. Ransack has ball joints in his hips.

i_amtrunks
2nd September 2008, 09:32 AM
Er trunks... are you eligible to answer?

I thought I could answer, but not then re-ask a question.

Plus I was fairly certain that my guesses were wrong anyways! :p

Pulse
2nd September 2008, 11:05 AM
Rules are meant to be bbbbbroken! :P :D

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2008, 01:01 PM
none of the answers so far are correct.

(That is, the first five Transformers toys with ball-and-swivel joints do not include Wreck-Gar, Huffer, Quickswitch, any of the Laser Rods, Laser Cycles or Cyber Jets.)
*puts on referree's hat*
Okay, your question was:
"what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints. The only way those answers can be wrong is if there are five other TFs with ball-and-socket joints which pre-date them, and this includes Wreck-Gar (1986).

...Huffer and Quickswitch??

Sky Shadow
2nd September 2008, 01:15 PM
*puts on referree's hat*
Okay, your question was:
"what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints. The only way those answers can be wrong is if there are five other TFs with ball-and-socket joints which pre-date them, and this includes Wreck-Gar (1986).

...Huffer and Quickswitch??

Off the top of my head I can think of at least seven Transformers toys with ball-and-socket joints that predate Wreck-Gar. (And yes, obviously Huffer isn't one of the answers.) I think I'm going to have to give this to Dirge since he's got the best answer by far, but he's hasn't quite got the first five yet. Anyone?

Demonac
2nd September 2008, 04:51 PM
The seeker jets & Whirl?
Optimus Prime's trailer has a couple of ball joints too. Does that count?

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2008, 08:22 PM
If they all pre-date Wreck Gar then yeah that's fine. :)

dirge
2nd September 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm giving my turn to Demonac.

Sky Shadow
2nd September 2008, 08:51 PM
Okay, the first five Transformers toys with ball joints have now been covered, so I think we can stop this now.

The first was Optimus Prime in 1984, the first Transformer with a ball joint (the mechanic/artillery bot in his trailer who, like Hitler, only has one ball) won by Demonac.

Then, from 1985 we have Astrotrain (in his shoulders) won by Dirge; any of Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage (heads and shoulders, knees and toes. Okay, shoulders, hips and insect legs) won by Dirge and then Whirl (shoulders) won by Demonac.

So Dirge named the second through sixth Transformers with ball joints, while Demonac named the first and seventh.

I was going to give this to Dirge since he was the only 'contestant' for whom all his answers were ball-jointed Transformers, and he got four out of the top five, but... since he's giving his turn to Demonac (who is also a worthy winner, since he actually got the first one right)... Demonac, you're up.

dirge
2nd September 2008, 08:57 PM
Nu-uh. Demonac can have my go! (:

Demonac
3rd September 2008, 10:29 PM
What was the reason for the vendetta waged by Carnivac against the Mayhem Squad?

Bonus: Who was the first mayhem squad member attacked?

Source: Marvel g1

i_amtrunks
4th September 2008, 09:57 AM
The new Mayhem Squad was sent to Earth to kill Catilla and Carnivac for not re-joining the Decepticon cause. The new Mayhem squad killed Catilla sending Carnivac into a killing frenzy.

Needlenose was the first member killed, followed by Snarler and Spinster.

I'm basing this all from Earthforce, so not sure if it's the actual correct answer.

Demonac
4th September 2008, 10:20 AM
Correct on both counts!
You're up

i_amtrunks
4th September 2008, 12:09 PM
I'll pass my turn onto whoever wants it.

GoktimusPrime
4th September 2008, 04:22 PM
I'll take it. :p Here's one that's easy for those who've been paying attention to my recent posts on other threads...

Q: Who reduced Death's Head from Transformer-size to human-size?

roller
4th September 2008, 04:59 PM
Tom Baker :p

Sky Shadow
5th September 2008, 11:03 AM
Tom Baker :p

Sylvester McCoy. (It was The Doctor, using The Master's tissue compression eliminator. Because clearly Death's Head has lots of tissue.) Amusingly, I had that comic within arm's reach and it's only one of two comics in the whole room.

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it was the Doctor (I was looking for the character, not the actor - and considering that it occured in a comic book the "actor" thing is rather irrelevant anyway). :p kup's turn.

Sky Shadow
6th September 2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it was the Doctor (I was looking for the character, not the actor - and considering that it occured in a comic book the "actor" thing is rather irrelevant anyway). :p kup's turn.

Um... are you *sure* it's Kup's turn... he hasn't posted in this thread since June? (Unless there are some very subtle and complicated nuances to the rules of this game that I'm just not getting.)

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2008, 11:22 AM
*blames Friday-itis* Your turn Sky Shadow. :p

Sky Shadow
6th September 2008, 02:13 PM
Most G1 Transformers only appeared on the front 'box art' of packages that contained them. However, two G1 Transformers toys were also on the front 'box art' of *two* other Transformers packages that did *not* contain them.

Question: What were those two Tranformers toys?

dirge
6th September 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm going to assume you're not referring to Predator Skydive (MW Skywarp & Thundercracker) & Falcon (MW Megatron & Megaplex)?

Sky Shadow
6th September 2008, 03:50 PM
I'm going to assume you're not referring to Predator Skydive (MW Skywarp & Thundercracker) & Falcon (MW Megatron & Megaplex)?

I wasn't, but that's a clever answer. The characters are actually in their proper colours and all the box art is G1.

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2008, 05:34 PM
I can think of more than 2... but I'll talk about that more after this question is answered. :)

Sky Shadow
6th September 2008, 06:22 PM
I can think of more than 2... but I'll talk about that more after this question is answered. :)

Well I can too, now that Dirge has dragged my concept of G1 past 1990 with Skydive and Falcon...

For the sake of this question, by G1 I was using the narrow, man-on-the-street definition of "the US Transformers toys between 1984 and 1990." (Not Japanese Transformers or post 1990 'Euro' exclusives, reissues etc. If we're counting these then yes, I can think of more than two as well.) I'm looking for unique box art images, not just the same repeated image on backing cards like the Rescue Force or Euro Constructicons.

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2008, 06:50 PM
This wasn't specified in your original question - but I guess you've qualified it now. Please be careful in future though. You are obliged to award any correct answers as per the wording of your question, even if it's not necessarily what you may have been initially thinking of.
:) :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Summoner%20Geeks%20photocomic/dsummoner14.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Summoner%20Geeks%20photocomic/dsummoner15.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Summoner%20Geeks%20photocomic/dsummoner16.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Summoner%20Geeks%20photocomic/dsummoner17.jpg

Sky Shadow
8th September 2008, 11:17 PM
The answer I was looking for was:

Action Masters Bumblebee (on AM Optimus Prime and AM Wheeljack's packaging) and Action Masters Soundwave (on AM Megatron and AM Axer's packaging.)

The way the original question was phrased, however, Dirge's answer (which was kind of phrased in the form of a question) is correct:

Predator Skydive (MW Skywarp and Thundercracker) and Falcon (MW Megatron and Megaplex.)

And any of the European Constructicons or Rescue Force would be correct too.

Were there any other correct answers I missed, Mr. G. Prime?

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2008, 12:40 PM
Well I was thinking about the "new" G1 Constructicons and Rescue Force. :) So uh... did anyone win?

Sky Shadow
9th September 2008, 12:43 PM
Well I was thinking about the "new" G1 Constructicons and Rescue Force. :) So uh... did anyone win?

Um... not as such. But since you and Dirge both had answers that would have fit the original question, either of you should feel free to ask the next one.

griffin
13th September 2008, 10:50 PM
I don't follow the trivia topics unless asked to check something out, and just wanted to mention that, even though the complex questions seem to get some frustrated discussion and point clarification, I find that a lot of the trivia here is very enlightning. It makes for an interesting read, including the 'frustrated discussion' that fleshes out the random info only a bunch of hard-core fans would know.
Now that I've said that (which is technically off-topic), please feel free to continue with the gaming. :)

loophole
14th September 2008, 10:51 PM
well its been well over 36 hours so heres a newie

In Transformers Headmasters which 3 Autobots leave the series to find a more peacefull part of the galaxy?

Pulse
14th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Rodimus, Kup & Blurr

roller
15th September 2008, 09:26 AM
or in the star tv dub

Roadimus, Geezer and Wally :D

loophole
15th September 2008, 09:40 AM
Pulse is 100%CORRECT, so is Roller but i like to think star tv dub doesnt count :p

Pulse
15th September 2008, 03:50 PM
Ok, A relatively easy one ... :)

In the Victory Cartoon, Who kills Deathcobra?

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2008, 07:25 PM
Hellbat

dirge
15th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Hellbat!

Pulse
15th September 2008, 09:34 PM
Goktimus was quickest to the draw... :)

(But I would have also accepted Hellllllll-battt :D)

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2008, 09:10 PM
Q: Among all the e-Hobby exclusive Transformers which one was not originally a Transformer mould?

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 09:05 AM
Not sure on this one but I'm saying:

Ga'mede, the human figure who came with the black Perceptor Ehobby repaint Magnificus.

I think he was a microman toy?

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 12:58 PM
Erm, I guess I'll have to accept that.
The answer I was looking for was Crosscut, who is not a repaint of Skids but a different mould from Diaclone Car Robot. Similar mould, but entirely different head, chest plate and comes with a scooter. But I wasn't specific enough in my question, so yeah... you're right trunksie. :)

Also, I think that Gamede, like Kicker, is an entirely new mould made for Transformers and not a repaint of an existing Microman figure.

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 01:37 PM
Sweet, correct by default!

Ga'mede is a repaint of a Microman figure, according to tfwikia (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ga%27mede) its of some figure called "Walter". Guess I did learn something new today.

Which 2 characters did Scott McNeil led his voice acting abilities to in the Transformers: Cybertron Series?

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 03:14 PM
Strewth! That's a tricky blighter. I can only think of one off the top of my noggin'. ;)

I though Crosscut was the answer Goktimus was looking for in his question (one of the toys I'd really like to get but can't find at a price I want to pay)

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 03:24 PM
Strewth! That's a tricky blighter. I can only think of one off the top of my noggin'. ;)

If you are implying who I think you are Paulbot, then you'd be close but no cigar, he did that characters voice in Armada and Energon, but not Cybertron! :D

Pulse
18th September 2008, 03:27 PM

Google knows all... ;)

If the answer is Backstop & Snarl, then it's an openfloor for anyone alse to ask the next q... :)

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 04:32 PM
Pulse is correct, but he has left the floor open to whomever wants the next Q...

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 05:10 PM
D'oh. :o Yeah, I thought he did the AustralianNebulan-accented Jetfire.

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 05:27 PM
Ga'mede is a repaint of a Microman figure, according to tfwikia its of some figure called "Walter". Guess I did learn something new today.
tfwiki could be right - that's why I said "I think" (re: not sure) in regard to Ga'mede in my last post. :p ;)

mind you, one thing that page is wrong about:
"Like the Japanese version of Kicker, this set celebrates the shared history of Takara's Transformers and Microman lines, pairing a Microman toy that homages various Japanese 70s/80s sci-fi style shows (thought it does also come across as kinda Cobra-y) with a reproduction of a Transformer in its original Diaclone coloration."

...Perceptor/Magnificus comes from Microman, not Diaclone. *sigh* *grumble.mumble.TFwikia.grumble.moan* :p (-_-)

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 10:03 PM
tfwiki could be right - that's why I said "I think" (re: not sure) in regard to Ga'mede in my last post. :p ;)

mind you, one thing that page is wrong about:
"Like the Japanese version of Kicker, this set celebrates the shared history of Takara's Transformers and Microman lines, pairing a Microman toy that homages various Japanese 70s/80s sci-fi style shows (thought it does also come across as kinda Cobra-y) with a reproduction of a Transformer in its original Diaclone coloration."

...Perceptor/Magnificus comes from Microman, not Diaclone. *sigh* *grumble.mumble.TFwikia.grumble.moan* :p (-_-)

It's a wiki: If there's a mistake, fix it! :rolleyes: It took me seconds.

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2008, 09:31 AM
...then pray that nobody unfixes it. (-_-)

And that's the tip of the iceberg... don't even start me on my beef with wikias (especially TF wikia (lest I bring down a mighty rantage upon ye all :p)). *eyebrow.twitch*

GoktimusPrime
20th September 2008, 07:00 PM
...nobody's picked the ball up so I might as well ask a new question...

Q: Primus initially created how many Transformers?

Pulse
21st September 2008, 03:10 PM
The unlucky number of 13...

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2008, 05:50 PM
13 is correct.

Pulse
21st September 2008, 06:08 PM
Ok,

In the fandom's opinion, which figure was the worst by far in the 6 inch titanium line? :)

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2008, 06:55 PM
Do not ask subjective non-factual questions. Also, when using measures include metric. This question is void.

dirge
21st September 2008, 08:05 PM
Also, when using measures include metric.

The 6" tag is descriptive. There's no problem here. The question _is_ asking for a subjective answer, however.

Pulse, ask something with a definitive answer, please.

1orion2many
21st September 2008, 11:25 PM
:)Heck the answer is easy enough, ALL OF THEM:p:D.

Pulse
21st September 2008, 11:46 PM
I thought the following was the very first debacle of a figure that would have entered people's minds...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/3/3f/TitaniumGIJoeHeroesMegatron_toy.jpg

Ok, I'm throwing the floor open to anyone else to ask the next q... :)

GoktimusPrime
22nd September 2008, 01:25 PM
*deep.sigh* http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/facepalm.jpg

Q: Name at least two Transformers known to use nunchaku.

i_amtrunks
22nd September 2008, 02:45 PM
Well one more recent character is an obvious addition to the list, so I'm going to shoot out some less obvious names:

Banzai-tron, Sixshot, SixKnight, and I dont think she counts... Nightbird.

Doubt any are correct, but meh! :)

GoktimusPrime
23rd September 2008, 08:11 PM
No, sorry - they're not correct. :) Keep trying folks!

Sky Shadow
23rd September 2008, 08:33 PM
No, sorry - they're not correct. :) Keep trying folks!

Animated Jazz, Leozack and Nintendo Wii Movie Optimus Prime:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z122/vernonennis/IMG_0138.jpg

GoktimusPrime
23rd September 2008, 08:41 PM
hahaha, funny. But you're right for the first two. :)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/bb/Animated_jazz_both_mode1.JPG/250px-Animated_jazz_both_mode1.JPGhttp://ss1945.hp.infoseek.co.jp/anke/14/14-eozack.jpg

Your turn Sky Shadow. (^_^)

i_amtrunks
24th September 2008, 11:01 AM
Animated Jazz, Leozack and Nintendo Wii Movie Optimus Prime:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z122/vernonennis/IMG_0138.jpg

Awesomesauce! :D

Sky Shadow
24th September 2008, 12:27 PM
New question:

Over the years, many Transformers have been canonically called the 'wrong' name (in the comics, TV shows, advertisements, catalogues, picture books, colouring books, etc.) Who are the following ten characters more commonly known as? Clues are beside each name in brackets.

Blow-Out (G1)
Cambo (Nebulan)
Grizzly-1 (Beast Wars)
Jawbreaker (G1)
Kord (Nebulan)
Leader-1 (no, not Armada Megatron’s Mini-con. Another Mini-con.)
Sparks (Nebulan)
Spinout (G1)
Sweep (G1. Not one of Scourge’s entourage.) And, of course...
Aquasting (Beast Wars)

Whoever gets the most correct answers 'wins'. :)

i_amtrunks
24th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Blow-Out:Cliffjumper
Cambo:Lug
Grizzly-1:Polar Claw/Survive
Jawbreaker:Overbite
Kord: Galen
Leader-1 : Sparkplug
Sparks: Firebolt
Spinout: Sunstreaker
Sweep: Swoop
Aquasting : Injector

Sky Shadow
24th September 2008, 02:17 PM
Blow-Out:Cliffjumper
Cambo:Lug
Grizzly-1:Polar Claw/Survive
Jawbreaker:Overbite
Kord: Galen
Leader-1 : Sparkplug
Sparks: Firebolt
Spinout: Sunstreaker
Sweep: Swoop
Aquasting : Injector

Impressive, Trunks! The only one that's not correct is Sweep. Sweep, anyone?

roller
25th September 2008, 11:10 PM
Impressive, Trunks! The only one that's not correct is Sweep. Sweep, anyone?

call of the primitives

I have the ultimate question lined up when i win next time :cool:

Sky Shadow
26th September 2008, 06:07 PM
call of the primitives

Yes, Roller, it was from 'Call Of The Primitives'. The answer was Sludge. Trunks got nine out of ten so he's up next. :)

i_amtrunks
27th September 2008, 11:10 AM
Alright, an easy one:

In the Earthforce Comic, which Dinobot went on a Berserker Rage inside the Earthforce base?

roller
27th September 2008, 12:10 PM
I guess snarl he hates everyone

Geminii
28th September 2008, 01:04 AM
I'd add:
Scrounge: Scavenger
Jolt: everyone
Leader-1: likewise

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2008, 08:34 AM
dude... Earthforce is G1 :p