PDA

View Full Version : The New Transformers Trivia Game Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Paulbot
28th September 2008, 11:54 AM
The answer is Slag

i_amtrunks
29th September 2008, 12:14 PM
dude... Earthforce is G1 :p

Yeah, but it helps narrow it down to what people have to hunt for.

And Paulbot got it right, you're up/free to pass it on Paulbot.

Paulbot
29th September 2008, 01:40 PM
What was the real identity of the terrorist known as Robot-Master?

i_amtrunks
29th September 2008, 02:53 PM
Yay another comics question! (and Paulbot actually asked a question!!! :eek:)

:D

Come on Roller, this is an easy one, then you can ask that "ultimate question" of yours...

heroic_decepticon
29th September 2008, 05:05 PM
What was the real identity of the terrorist known as Robot-Master?

Donny Finkleberg.

[If I'm right, I pass on my right to ask the next question to Roller so you can ask your 'ultimate question' :D]

Paulbot
29th September 2008, 05:26 PM
heroic-decepticon is right, and passes to Roller.

Roller, you're up!

roller
29th September 2008, 09:29 PM
H-D passes to Roller

who then dribbles towards the goal

oh it looks as though the opposition are trying to hack at his shins!!!

oh oh oh oh

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 111

Pitch invasion Blurn! Blurn! Blurn!

Testosterone taking retired sports reporter: "Roller any words for the fans?"

MC: Ya i wont be playing for the Mascot jets or that Idiot 'Cousins' anyway
heres a question to the fanatical followers.

Who is the leader of the Autobots in the.....hahaha no that would be too simple for the 'Ultimate question'

Q: Name the ruler that Skystalker and co crushed "and conquered his world"

GoktimusPrime
30th September 2008, 09:05 AM
Shockwave

roller
1st October 2008, 10:53 PM
the answer was Rann of Ijurn

GoktimusPrime
1st October 2008, 10:56 PM
He was not as mighty as the warlord, Ran of Kurosawa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ran_(film)) :p

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2008, 05:49 PM
Previous question has been voided. New question.

Q: Who is the leader of the Society of Ultimate Villainy?

SilverDragon
4th October 2008, 10:07 PM
A: Slo-Mo. Swindle, however, is the one pulling the strings.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2008, 10:33 PM
Slow-Mo is the correct answer. Your turn SilverDragon. :)

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2008, 06:02 PM
36h+ have elapsed, new question time!

Q: Which two Autobots were encoded with information regarding the Underbase and were sent to Earth?

Bonus Q: Who initially discovered these Autobots after their crash on Earth and when was the discovery made?

Sky Shadow
7th October 2008, 06:13 PM
36h+ have elapsed, new question time!

Q: Which two Autobots were encoded with information regarding the Underbase and were sent to Earth?

Bonus Q: Who initially discovered these Autobots after their crash on Earth and when was the discovery made?

Raindance, Grand Slam, pirates and the 18th century. :D

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2008, 10:17 PM
right on all counts. Your turn!

PS: Nice Detritus avatar :)

Sky Shadow
7th October 2008, 11:22 PM
PS: Nice Detritus avatar :)

Hey Gok. Actually, it's not Hound with a mustache (though I can see that now you mention it) - it's just Governor Raikuru from Victory. :)

The question: name eight Transformers toys with both an Autobot and Decepticon insignia.

(They must be different toys - recolours or international versions of the same toy don't count. And toys that just happen to come with Autobot and Decepticon sticker sheets like E-Hobby Overcharge or Encore Omega Supreme don't count either!)

i_amtrunks
8th October 2008, 10:26 AM
I can only think of a few...
Punch/Counterpunch
Dealer/Doubledealer
Armada/Cybertron Sideways (does this count as two?)

And I'm not sure if Cybertron Jetfire/SkyShadow counts either.

Sky Shadow
8th October 2008, 12:27 PM
I can only think of a few...
Punch/Counterpunch
Dealer/Doubledealer
Armada/Cybertron Sideways (does this count as two?)

And I'm not sure if Cybertron Jetfire/SkyShadow counts either.

You have three right - Punch/Counterpunch and Doubledealer are right. Also, Armada/Cybertron Sideways counts as one (because of the rule that they must be different toys - recolours or international versions of the same toy don't count.) Similarly, because Cybertron Jetfire and Sky Shadow are the same toy, only one of them counts - for example Cybertron Sky Shadow would need to have both a Decepticon insignia and an Autobot symbol somewhere. Does he? (I sold mine at the 2006 Oz Toy Con, but I'm pretty sure he just has a Decepticon symbol.)

There are five more answers needed until someone wins...

Edit: Sorry Trunks - yes Armada and Cybertron Sideways both count (I was thinking Armada Sideways and Energon Rapid Run, because I always think of the Cybertron one as Galaxy Force Noisemaze [since that's the version I had]. Oops. So you actually have four right. :))

Sky Shadow
8th October 2008, 12:32 PM
Now I think of it, I would also accept toys with both a Maximal and Predacon insignia... if such a toy was to hyothetically exist. ;)

Paulbot
8th October 2008, 01:37 PM
I'll add Armada Wheeljack to the list and keep thinking...

Oh your Maximal/predacon hint just triggered another memory:

Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia

Edit: and Armada Sideways (motorbike) and Cybertron Sideways (jet) are different toys

So...

Punch/Counterpunch
Doubledealer
Armada Sideways
Armada Wheeljack
Cybertron Sideways

hmm, two more...

Sky Shadow
8th October 2008, 01:54 PM
Edit: and Armada Sideways (motorbike) and Cybertron Sideways (jet) are different toys

Oh - yes they are (I should have looked at my list). When Trunks asked if they both counted I was thinking he meant Armada Sideways and Energon Rapid Run. Yes, of course they both count.

So...

Punch/Counterpunch
Doubledealer
Armada Sideways
Armada Wheeljack
Cybertron Sideways

hmm, two more...

Indeed. :)

Sky Shadow
9th October 2008, 05:24 PM
Okay - the answers:

As Trunks and Paulbot noted, the following toys (and their respective variants) all have both heroic and evil insignias:

G1 Punch/Counterpunch
G1 Doubledealer
Beast Wars TM2 Blackarachnia
Armada Sideways
Armada Wheeljack and
Cybertron Sideways.

The seventh toy on my list was the upcoming Animated Shockwave.

And the eighth (which was stupidly obscure but I included it just in case someone mentioned it) was the mail order Toys 'R' Us Robots in Disguise Scourge variant, which were Black Battle Convoy overstocks with US stickers – thus some of them had G2 Autobot symbols on the firing discs, but Decepticon symbols on Scourge's cab.

I'm actually surprised though if there aren't more in twenty-four years of Transformers, particularly when Autobots are recoloured into Decepticons and vice versa. Toys that came close to having both sets of symbols included the Autobot Cyberjets Jetfire and Strafe (which just had Decepticon insignias, except the Japanese versions which came with extra sticker sheets.) As I mentioned, toys like E-Hobby Overcharge and Gadep have also come with insignia sticker sheets. And Beast Changer has a half Maximal, half Vehicon symbol. Plus there's the occasional claim that people have bought Decepticon Transformers with Autobot rubsigns (and the other way round.) But are there really only eight molds with both heroic and evil insignias?

Anyway, Trunks, you named four - if you want to ask a question it's your turn.

Paulbot
9th October 2008, 05:27 PM
I did think about the Autobot Cyberjets. Animated Shockwave was a tricky one since it was a new toy. I had a feeling there was another spark crystal with both symbols but I couldn't recall which. Maybe Beast Changer's half and half was what I was thinking of.

Great question though as it really made me think :)

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't count Animated Shockwave since it hasn't come out yet. That's kinda like counting your chickens before they hatch. ;)

i_amtrunks
10th October 2008, 10:06 AM
I'll pass my go onto whomever, I cant think of any nice difficult ones like you do Sky Shadow!

Sky Shadow
10th October 2008, 02:33 PM
*puts on referree's hat*
Okay, your question was:
"what were the first five Transformers toys to have ball-and-socket joints?"

By that wording you must accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints. (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 2/9/2008). Sky Shadow does in fact accept any of the first five Transformers toys that were created with ball-and-socket joints.

You are obliged to award any correct answers as per the wording of your question... (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 6/9/2008). Sky Shadow thusly awards correct answers as per the wording of his question.

The question: name eight Transformers toys with both an Autobot and Decepticon insignia.

I wouldn't count Animated Shockwave since it hasn't come out yet. (Goktimus Prime to Sky Shadow, 9/10/2008). Sky Shadow is then expected not to accept a Transformers toy with both an Autobot and Decepticon insignia as an answer and not award correct answers as per the wording of his question.

:confused:... Sky Shadow's head subsequently explodes: >:eek:<

Paulbot
10th October 2008, 02:46 PM
While Sky Shadow puts his head together, I ask (as runner up for the last question)

Which Headmaster companions are related to each other?

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2008, 01:26 PM
Zarak and Blowpipe.

Sky Shadow: my last comment to you was just my personal opinion, I wasn't wearing my "referee's hat." :/ Your inclusion of Animated Shockwave isn't against the rules or anything as far as I can tell.

Paulbot
11th October 2008, 08:39 PM
Zarak and Blowpipe.

No, Blowpipe is a Targetmaster companion. I'm looking for two Headmaster companions that are related.

Paulbot
13th October 2008, 03:55 PM
No one's got it, and no one's guessing, the answer was Spike (Fort Max) and Daniel (Arcee)

Anyone's turn now....

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2008, 08:24 PM
Q: In IDW's Revelation saga, which is the only original Transformer character who has never appeared outside of this story/medium?

dirge
13th October 2008, 08:30 PM
Bumper.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2008, 09:12 PM
Nope.

Bumper's appearance in IDW was in Megatron: Origin. Also, Bumper has appeared in multiple TF mediums: as a toy (G1), in the Dreamwave comics, in IDW (Megatron: Origin) and even in the movie (expanded) universe.

The character in question here exclusively appears in IDW's Revelation saga and appears in no other TF medium.

Sky Shadow
14th October 2008, 01:44 AM
Sigh... 'Grindcore'. Are there truly no 'real' Transformers they can use for his role in this?

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2008, 11:34 AM
You are correct. :) (fwiw I share your lament :p)

Sky Shadow
14th October 2008, 12:29 PM
You are correct. :) (fwiw I share your lament :p)

Okay then, so following on from the theme of Gok's question...

A.) Which issue of the Marvel (UK or US) comics introduced the most ‘made up’ non-toy Transformers?
B.) Name them.

(For a Transformer to count, he or she must actually have a name - background generics don't count.)

i_amtrunks
14th October 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm going for a poorly educated guess:

1. An Issue of Target 2006: I'm going to guess issue #78/#79

2. Impactor, Rack 'n' Ruin, Skater, Emirate Xaaron, Fang.

Otherwise it may be issue #83 that had the wreckers, Xaaron Trannis and Straxus.

Sky Shadow
14th October 2008, 03:01 PM
I'm going for a poorly educated guess:

1. An Issue of Target 2006: I'm going to guess issue #78/#79

2. Impactor, Rack 'n' Ruin, Skater, Emirate Xaaron, Fang.

Otherwise it may be issue #83 that had the wreckers, Xaaron Trannis and Straxus.

Good guesses, Trunks, however the issues I'm thinking of introduce even more 'made up' characters. (Note also that the issues must introduce the characters, not just contain them.)

Keep guessing, though! :)

Sky Shadow
16th October 2008, 02:15 PM
Okay... the answers.

Budiansky's US #17 (Return To Cybertron Part One: The Smeting Pool) introduced seven 'made up' Transformers:

Ferak
Wheezel
Scrounge
Telus
Rotorbolt
Spanner and
Lord Straxus (who?)

Furman's UK #245 (Underworld!) also introduced seven:

Subsea
Warhead
Slayride
Smeltdown
Rotgut
Jackhammer and
Flattop (obviously a Flattop toy exists, but let's face it - it's not him.)

The most 'made up' characters in a Marvel 'comic' were in Furman's 'The Magnificent Six' from 1990-91 UK Annual (but I'm not sure it counts as a comic since it's a text story with illustrations.)

Stampede
Megadeth
Pounder
Claw
Switchblade
Ripsnorter
Backfire and
Steamhammer (no, not the one from Energon).

Since nobody got it, the next question is open to the floor.

i_amtrunks
16th October 2008, 02:51 PM
Okay... the answers.

Budiansky's US #17 (Return To Cybertron Part One: The Smeting Pool) introduced seven 'made up' Transformers:

Ferak
Wheezel
Scrounge
Telus
Rotorbolt
Spanner and
Lord Straxus (who?)

Cod sarn it, that was my 2nd guess, but I couldn't be bothered trying to find out the names of some of those bots, and figured it wouldn't be right anyways!

GoktimusPrime
18th October 2008, 04:13 PM
Q: Who is the 'morally ambiguous' character in the Transformers Animated script story "Bee in the City" from BotCon?

Bonus Q: What were Sari and her key also referred to as in this story?

roller
18th October 2008, 06:54 PM
Silverbolt?

Out of interest, does anyone know where i can listen to this or any other TF voice actor plays?

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2008, 09:31 AM
youtube is your friend my friend :)

GoktimusPrime
20th October 2008, 08:51 PM
36h+ later... question is void.

Answer: Transtech Shockwave (I would have accepted just "Shockwave").

Bonus Answer: Sari and her key were referred to as "Cosmic MacGuffins" and her key was also referred to as "deus ex machina."

Animated Optimus Prime: "Deus ex machina isn't a verb."
Transtech Shockwave: "SILENCE!"

:D

Now the question is over, for those of you who haven't watched (well, listened to) "Bee In The City" here it is:
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rUveSq7vg)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRLwZZV1YJ4&feature=related)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sww0sue3xTs&feature=related)

New question! (should be easier now after watching those links)

Q: In "Bee In The City" what is (are) Beast Wars Megatron's alias(es)?

Here's a clue...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/gijoe/images/thumb/9/9c/GIJoeActionSoldierColton.jpg/200px-GIJoeActionSoldierColton.jpg (http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/G.I._Joe_(Colton))

GoktimusPrime
22nd October 2008, 01:23 PM
Aww come on - I was giving the answer away in those links and the visual clue which had a hyperlink!!

A: Beast Wars Megatron's alias was "Joe." I would have also accepted "Joe Convoy."
The visual clue there is of course, Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe.

OPEN FLOOR FOR NEW QUESTION!

Pulse
22nd October 2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, I'll step up to the plate... :)

In Zone, Violen Jiger can separate into 3 enormous, insect-like creatures. The names of those 3 creatures are...?

(hint ;)) (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Violen_Jiger)

Pulse
24th October 2008, 01:44 AM
Awwww, no one wants to play these games anymore... :(

Anyway,
the answer was Vion, Lenja & Igern (incase anyone could care less :D)

so it's an open floor again :)

griffin
24th October 2008, 02:53 PM
Name the character who skewered the 'invincible' (G1) Galvatron, to capture him as his prisoner?

loophole
24th October 2008, 06:41 PM
Cyclonus comes to mind for some reason

roller
24th October 2008, 07:19 PM
Hook

griffin
25th October 2008, 01:59 AM
Hook is the right answer. :)

roller
25th October 2008, 12:32 PM
okayyyy

which one of these boys does not belong?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/Rollerforce/DSCN2458.jpg

GoktimusPrime
25th October 2008, 01:38 PM
The one on the far right is Rollbar (RiD version of Grijibar) who doesn't belong standing next to the others who are all Swindles.

Grijibar
http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/car_robo/img/d006_v.jpghttp://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/car_robo/img/d006_r.jpg

roller
26th October 2008, 01:21 PM
That is the case

as in

thats the right answer

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2008, 06:32 PM
Q: Which male American voice actor plays recurring roles in both Transformers and Ben 10?

Bonus Q: Name his TF and Ben 10 characters.

i_amtrunks
27th October 2008, 10:55 AM
Would that be Tara Strong?

She plays the lead in ben 10 and Sari in Transformers Animated.

griffin
27th October 2008, 02:02 PM
Um, just pointing out that the question is for a male VA.

i_amtrunks
27th October 2008, 02:28 PM
eh, that'll teach me to read the full question.

dirge
27th October 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping there's not something we don't know about Ms Strong that you do, trunks!

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2008, 09:15 PM
Thank you for clarifying griff

i_amtrunks
28th October 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm hoping there's not something we don't know about Ms Strong that you do, trunks!

If it were the case, I'd probably not want to know either...

:p

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2008, 06:52 PM
36h+ have elapsed.

Q: Which male American voice actor plays recurring roles in both Transformers and Ben 10?

Bonus Q: Name his TF and Ben 10 characters.
A: Paul Eiding

Bonus A:
Perceptor http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/4/4d/G1_cartoon_Perceptor_Pencil_sword.JPG/150px-G1_cartoon_Perceptor_Pencil_sword.JPGhttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7030/252073-73029-maxwell-tennyson_small.jpg Maxwell Tennyson

Anyone with 593 (UCM) or less Transformers in their collection may ask the next question. :)

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2008, 09:54 AM
Awww... no takers? Oh well...

Q: Which G1 Transformers were derived from Special Armoured Battalion Dorvack (特装機兵ドルバック) mecha?

http://pds.egloos.com/pds/1/200411/01/95/a0001195_4503582.jpghttp://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/whatnew/series-rogo/468.jpg

liegeprime
1st November 2008, 10:20 AM
Roadbuster

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2008, 11:25 AM
And?
(the question states "Transformers" - plural)

liegeprime
3rd November 2008, 07:48 PM
Whirl

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2008, 08:24 PM
Is correct. Your turn. :D

liegeprime
5th November 2008, 11:33 AM
Okies here goes give the specialties/abilities/powers of the following G1 characters are BEST KNOWN FOR. First ones an example.

Starscream - Null rays and Cluster bombs
Thundercracker -
Skywarp -
Bludgeon -
Jazz -
Windcharger -
Tracks -

i_amtrunks
5th November 2008, 11:55 AM
Thundercracker - Controlled Sonic Booms
Skywarp - Teleportation
Bludgeon - Metalliko
Jazz - African American Stereotypes
Windcharger - Hilarious Name
Tracks - Only Autobot Car with Wings

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2008, 01:21 PM
Lawl. :)

Animated Jazz is now a "Kung Fu Brother." :p
http://www.maniacworld.com/Bruce-Lee-Photo-3.jpg

liegeprime
5th November 2008, 02:11 PM
Skywarp - Teleportation
Bludgeon - Metalliko
Tracks - Only Autobot Car with Wings

close trunks, close - from Bludgeon (almost there) down needs more work though :D

Bartrim
5th November 2008, 02:31 PM
Wasn't Jazz's special ability to play that same piece of generic rock/pop music over and over. :D

i_amtrunks
5th November 2008, 03:36 PM
Skywarp - Teleportation
Bludgeon - If it isn't Metallikato, is it that he was always depicted with a Sword when the toy never came with one?
Jazz - thorough knowledge of Earth Culture?
Windcharger - Magnetic Capabilites?
Tracks - Only Autobot Car with Flight capabilities? (doubt Vanity can be included, since Sunstreaker was also vain)

liegeprime
5th November 2008, 08:46 PM
you almost got it, just Jazz to hit and your next on the mark trunks, Bartrim has the idea

Hint: he's the autobots early match for Soundwave back then....

blackie
5th November 2008, 09:02 PM
had some form of soundwaves that distracted/stopped the decepticons in their tracks.....?

liegeprime
7th November 2008, 10:49 PM
Urm pls answer all Blackie. Trunks youve only missed Jazz's otherwise its all correct. If none answers in 24 hours can I pass it now to trunks since he's got most of it anyhow?

GoktimusPrime
7th November 2008, 11:58 PM
i_amtrunks: here's a visual clue...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/5/5b/Jazz_and_music.jpg
Also, go read Jazz's tech specs. ;)

roller
10th November 2008, 10:29 PM
sometimes i wake up and think Amy Winehouse and Cyndi Lauper are in the room

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2008, 11:14 PM
36h+ and no further answer from trunks. :( Anyway, I think liegeprime was looking for Jazz's super light and sound abilities. He also has a roof-mounted flamethrower and Tracks is also armed with a cloud-gun. :)

New Q!

Q: Which U.S. state does Eric Siebernaler originally hail from?

(yeah, I'm star-struck :p)

roller
11th November 2008, 11:26 AM
the phillipines

Pulse
11th November 2008, 11:29 AM
Canada? :D

1orion2many
11th November 2008, 02:41 PM
Alaska:D

1orion2many
11th November 2008, 02:43 PM
sometimes i wake up and think Amy Winehouse and Cyndi Lauper are in the room

:rolleyes:I do worry about your taste in scary women roller:eek::p:D.

liegeprime
11th November 2008, 02:46 PM
Chicago? ... ehehhe just guessing:D... Oh and dont worry 1orion, roller just wants to have fuuuun and a little halloween party :D

GoktimusPrime
11th November 2008, 05:16 PM
Nobody's got it yet... keep guessing. btw Chicago is a city, not a state.

Alaska is a U.S. state but it's incorrect. 49 left. :)

1orion2many
11th November 2008, 11:11 PM
California:o

liegeprime
12th November 2008, 07:50 AM
ooopsy,,, Hawaii?

i_amtrunks
12th November 2008, 09:17 AM
Indiana, home of the Pacers

blackie
12th November 2008, 05:04 PM
colorado

Verno
12th November 2008, 06:09 PM
Delaware. Hey.. we're in.. Delaware.

GoktimusPrime
12th November 2008, 08:39 PM
i_amtrunks is correct! Eric Siebernaler is indeed from India...na. :)

i_amtrunks
13th November 2008, 09:41 AM
Which G1 team were destroyed by an Underbase Powered Starscream, only 3 issues after debuting and battling Blaster?

swoop
13th November 2008, 10:41 AM
I know the seacons, technobots and terrorcons hadn't been around that long befor underbase started. I cant remember blaster fighting the terrorcons and he was on fortress maximus's side when fortress and grimlock were battling over leadership of the autobots so that rules out him fighting the technobots. so I'm going with the seacons:)

swoop
13th November 2008, 10:55 AM
Paulbot, If I'm right you just ruined my question:mad:

i_amtrunks
13th November 2008, 10:58 AM
I know the seacons, technobots and terrorcons hadn't been around that long befor underbase started. I cant remember blaster fighting the terrorcons and he was on fortress maximus's side when fortress and grimlock were battling over leadership of the autobots so that rules out him fighting the technobots. so I'm going with the seacons:)

Got it in one Swoop. You're up.

Paulbot
13th November 2008, 11:04 AM
Paulbot, If I'm right you just ruined my question:mad:

D'oh! sorry :o

Maybe no one read it?

swoop
13th November 2008, 11:09 AM
It's cool I'll think of something else:)

swoop
13th November 2008, 11:24 AM
What do beast wars quickstrike, armarda thrust and energon scorponok have in common?

i_amtrunks
13th November 2008, 01:27 PM
What do beast wars quickstrike, armarda thrust and energon scorponok have in common?

Their English Voice actor, a Mr Murdoch If my memory serves.

If I'm right I pass my Q onto whoever wants it.

griffin
13th November 2008, 01:56 PM
What rare thing was found only on the Ark and the Nemesis?

i_amtrunks
13th November 2008, 03:00 PM
I love how Griffin waits to see if I was right or not! :D

What rare thing was found only on the Ark and the Nemesis?

Transformers? :p

swoop
13th November 2008, 05:15 PM
Trunks was right.

the covenant of primus was on both ships

griffin
14th November 2008, 04:06 AM
Sorry about that. :(
I saw 'pass on question' and posted the question without noticing the rest of it.
Swoop is correct with the answer to my question though.

swoop
14th November 2008, 02:30 PM
anyone can ask the next question, my brains shut down after work:(

GoktimusPrime
14th November 2008, 09:25 PM
Q: In G1, why did Nick Fury (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Fury) (and consequently S.H.I.E.L.D. (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strategic_Hazard_Intervention_Espionage_Logistics_ Directorate_(Earth-616))) ignore the initial Transformers (Decepticon) threat in Oregon?

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2008, 09:33 AM
36h+ have elapsed.

A: Godzilla

Open floor (anyone's turn now)

griffin
18th November 2008, 04:57 AM
Which character name has been assigned to a jet, a car, a mammal, a military vehicle and a van?

Pulse
18th November 2008, 02:02 PM
Ironhide?

i_amtrunks
18th November 2008, 02:07 PM
Ironhide?

Thats who I thought too, but as best I can tell, he was never a jet..

Car: Gobot/RID
Mammal: BW
Military: G2
Van: G1

griffin
20th November 2008, 04:54 AM
Nope, it's not Ironhide...

liegeprime
20th November 2008, 08:18 AM
Soundwave

griffin
20th November 2008, 01:03 PM
And we have a winner. :D

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2008, 11:13 AM
36h+ later with no new question from liege! He must be recovering from the awesomeness of meeting Ericme yesterday. :p

Q: Name any two Transformers who appear in the adventure game book "Island of Fear"

Paulbot
24th November 2008, 11:49 AM
That was one of my favourite TF books as a kid because I had all the main characters as toys. But I'll let someone else answer.

i_amtrunks
24th November 2008, 11:57 AM
Since I assume that the Denebian Stalker doesn't count...
Beachcomber and Dirge?

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2008, 04:48 PM
Those are correct, i_amtrunks. I would have also accepted Seaspray. :) Your turn.

i_amtrunks
25th November 2008, 09:24 AM
In the G1 Cartoon episode "Child's Play", which Autobot does Optimus Prime neglect to introduce to the Alien Child?

Bartrim
25th November 2008, 09:56 AM
Smokescreen.. I still hold a grudge to Prime because of that. :p

i_amtrunks
25th November 2008, 10:53 AM
Smokescreen.. I still hold a grudge to Prime because of that. :p

You're up Bartrim.

Bartrim
26th November 2008, 10:30 AM
Who cuts off Megatron's arm in the first episode of TF animated?

Golden Phoenix
26th November 2008, 10:52 AM
Who cuts off Megatron's arm in the first episode of TF animated?

Starscream blows it off

Bartrim
26th November 2008, 04:10 PM
Ahhh... Nope. Feel free to guess again. (You were close. It gets damaged by Starscream :))

i_amtrunks
26th November 2008, 04:33 PM
Prowl took it off with his shuriken.

Golden Phoenix
26th November 2008, 11:32 PM
Prowl took it off with his shuriken.

After Starscream blows off his forearm

Bartrim
27th November 2008, 10:14 PM
Technically Trunks is correct.

i_amtrunks
28th November 2008, 09:20 AM
Technicality!

You're up Golden!

Golden Phoenix
28th November 2008, 09:57 PM
Ok, a relative easy one, sticking on the Animated theme

There is some fake kibble on Animated Bulkhead (based on his Animation model) that references nothing on his vehicle mode.
What and where is it?

roller
29th November 2008, 12:30 AM
that thing

Wheel-J
29th November 2008, 01:04 AM
Is that stars on his shoulders??

Golden Phoenix
29th November 2008, 12:26 PM
Is that stars on his shoulders??

That's not really kibble, plus they are supposed to go somewhere.
I'm talking about some kibble that go absolutely nowhere on his vehicle mode.
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/b/ba/AniBulkheadPromoModel.jpg/250px-AniBulkheadPromoModel.jpghttp://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/9f/Bulkh_alt.JPG

Wheel-J
29th November 2008, 12:43 PM
Lol! his foot track. :D

Golden Phoenix
29th November 2008, 12:47 PM
Lol! his foot track. :D

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 08:17 PM
36h+ have elapsed and Wheel-J hasn't posted a new question so his turn is now void.

Q: Name at least three G1/G2 Transformers who were rebuilt as either a Maximal, Predacon or Vehicon during the Beast Wars/Machines era.

roller
2nd December 2008, 08:27 PM
Buzzsaw, Prowl and Razorclaw and er rah the cat guy

Pulse
2nd December 2008, 08:28 PM
Ironhide, Ravage & Skywarp

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 08:35 PM
One of those is incorrect.

roller
2nd December 2008, 08:38 PM
but Razorclaw appeared post Beast machines surely he counts?

Golden Phoenix
2nd December 2008, 08:47 PM
Ironhide, Ravage, Prowl, Silverbot, Grimlock, Razorclaw (He changes form, not sure he gets upgraded though), Divebomb (ditto to Razorclaw)

roller
2nd December 2008, 08:49 PM
but i answered with 3, so aint that correct?

Sky Shadow
2nd December 2008, 08:55 PM
Q: Name at least three G1/G2 Transformers who were rebuilt as either a Maximal, Predacon or Vehicon during the Beast Wars/Machines era.

Good question. Ravage and Grimlock definitely were. Beta is implied by Rav's profile. According to IDW ten years later: Ironhide, Silverbolt and Prowl. Most of the rest are rubbish retcons... in the godawful Wreckers comics Arcee, Springer, Devcon and Rodimus (with the lamest Maximal upgrade ever). Razorclaw, Divebomb, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw according to the Timelines comics.

roller
2nd December 2008, 08:59 PM
Rodimus (with the lamest Maximal upgrade ever). Razorclaw, Divebomb, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw according to the Timelines comics.

I like to pretend that, that is his Micromaster form from the Star Convoy toy:)

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 10:56 PM
roller answered it correctly first, so it's his turn now. Sorry roller, that reply was for Pulse, and I didn't see your post.

Pulse's answer was incorrect as Beast Wars Skywarp is not the same character as G1 Skywarp. BW Skywarp is a Maximal and not a rebuilt G1 TF.

I also would have accepted:
+ Swoop ("The Veteran")
+ Obsidian (Universe Obsidian was formerly an Autobot general)
+ Strika (probably also an Autobot general - BM states that both she and Obsidian were decorated generals in the Autobot-Decepticon war)

I like to pretend that, that is his Micromaster form from the Star Convoy toy
Same! The Maximal upgrade isn't really about becoming a "beast" warrior... after all, a lot of "Beast" era TFs don't have beast modes. Most of the BWII Predacons maintained vehicular modes. The Maximal Upgrade is really the same concept as Micromasters; reduction in size for the conservation of fuel. Perhaps Maximals/Predacons are more advanced and thus more fuel-efficient than Micromasters - hence the name change. Or maybe the Maximals and Predacons are Micromasters but were called Maximals and Predacons for political reasons due to the Pax Cybertronia treatise (like how some former Soviets are called Russians now).

But Rodimus' conversion to Micromaster/Maximal is indeed the least visually interesting, since he looks the same, just smaller... but yeah, that's why folks like roller and me just see him as Battlestars Micromaster Hot Rod. :D

GoktimusPrime
4th December 2008, 09:55 AM
36h have elapsed with no question from roller. Boo.

New Q! How much wave would a Shockwave wave if a Shockwave could wave wave?

jks. :p

Open floor.

Sky Shadow
4th December 2008, 10:56 AM
New Q! How much wave would a Shockwave wave if a Shockwave could wave wave?

A cartoon Shockwave would wave all the waves that Megatron told him to wave if a Shockwave could wave waves.

A comics Shockwave would not wave waves. Waving waves is illogical.

i_amtrunks
4th December 2008, 11:03 AM
Nice one Skyshadow! :D

Okay, an easy one:

Which two Decepticons were almost eaten alive by Mechannibals?

Wheel-J
9th December 2008, 08:24 AM
Nice one Skyshadow! :D

Okay, an easy one:

Which two Decepticons were almost eaten alive by Mechannibals?

36hrs+ have past and still don't know the answer... :confused:

In case the floor would be open again, can somebody please ask this puzzle:

Fill in the blanks.
Name the two TFs with the following initilas:

A**** T****

D** A****

:)

roller
9th December 2008, 10:48 AM
alpha trion alphabettyspaghetti

Dai Atlas Die Atlas!

i_amtrunks
9th December 2008, 11:38 AM
Could also be Astro train!

Want to see TF:A take on Dai Atlas...

Sky Shadow
9th December 2008, 12:48 PM
36hrs+ have past and still don't know the answer... :confused:

(It was Dreadwind and Darkwing if you're still wondering. And a Cybertronin generic that could be a Decepticon was in the process of being eaten alive in US #58.)

GoktimusPrime
9th December 2008, 06:56 PM
Could also be Astro train!
"Astrotrain" is one word not two. ;) I'm inclined to agree with roller's answer.

Wheel-J
9th December 2008, 11:26 PM
alpha trion alphabettyspaghetti

Dai Atlas Die Atlas!

Roller's rolling the dice! :)

griffin
10th December 2008, 03:21 AM
Try to be a bit original with trivia questions...
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-animated-discussion/198396-new-s250-animated-cast-rumors.html

roller
10th December 2008, 09:40 AM
Before Nightscream jumped down the hole,

Q: which G1 Character did the generic robot resemble ?

Shes cheating on you Bonus question: In which episode of "The Simpsons" does bart sing about "John Henry" you know John, the fellah from "Hearts of steel"
at least you should know, what with being a fan and all...

GoktimusPrime
10th December 2008, 02:01 PM
roller, your question is too subjective and ambiguous. Please ask another one - stick to factual questions rather than answers based on perception/opinion.

roller
10th December 2008, 04:35 PM
FINE

but you'd have to be a knob or blindman not to say Soundwave

New Uestion

Who is Universe Tankor packaged with?

Shes still cheating on you Bonus Question: In which episode of "The Simpsons" does bart sing about "John Henry" you know John, the fellah from "Hearts of steel"

GoktimusPrime
10th December 2008, 07:15 PM
Obsidian.

roller
11th December 2008, 10:22 AM
yeah you know its right

i was hoping for someone who was thinking about Universe 2 Tankor

yis turnen Goktimus

GoktimusPrime
11th December 2008, 10:46 PM
Q: In G1 who was Sentinel Prime's predecessor? (i.e. who would Sentinel Prime have inherited the Matrix from?)

Bonus Q: Who was the first known custodian of the Matrix and how did he lose it?

roller
12th December 2008, 12:09 AM
the matrix? You mean the dominatrix hahahahaha:D

GoktimusPrime
12th December 2008, 09:11 AM
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/topbanana/2007/01/16/tumbleweed.jpg

springah
12th December 2008, 09:21 AM
Q: In G1 who was Sentinel Prime's predecessor? (i.e. who would Sentinel Prime have inherited the Matrix from?)

Bonus Q: Who was the first known custodian of the Matrix and how did he lose it?

prime nova..

primon.. killed by liege maximo

g1/uk comics.. right?

GoktimusPrime
12th December 2008, 12:14 PM
You are correct on all counts, springah! :D

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/a/aa/Novaprime.jpg/250px-Novaprime.jpg

MV75
14th December 2008, 12:12 AM
FINE

but you'd have to be a knob or blindman not to say Soundwave

New Uestion

Who is Universe Tankor packaged with?

Shes still cheating on you Bonus Question: In which episode of "The Simpsons" does bart sing about "John Henry" you know John, the fellah from "Hearts of steel"

I would have said reflector. But I'm just a blind door knob salesman.

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2008, 10:59 AM
36h+ have elapsed. Anyone's turn now.

dirge
14th December 2008, 11:29 AM
Okay. Of all the original (ie 1984) non-mailaway toy characters, only two have never been redone in a new form (ie Actionmaster, Binaltech, etc) - although both have been reissued.

Name them.

Bonus Q. From the same series, only three toys have never been reissued.

Name them.

Sky Shadow
14th December 2008, 01:02 PM
Okay. Of all the original (ie 1984) non-mailaway toy characters, only two have never been redone in a new form (ie Actionmaster, Binaltech, etc) - although both have been reissued.

Name them.

Bonus Q. From the same series, only three toys have never been reissued.

Name them.

Wow. Great question. Gears is one of the unredone toys...

The non-reissues include Rumble and Frenzy...

I'm going to keep thinking...

Sky Shadow
14th December 2008, 01:14 PM
Okay, my final answers are:

a) Gears and Bumper/Bumblejumper have never been redone.
b) Rumble, Frenzy and Mirage have not been reissued.

roller
14th December 2008, 01:15 PM
bonus Q Mirage, Wheeljerk er rumble?

Sky Shadow
14th December 2008, 01:21 PM

(Obviously this depends on one's interpretation of 'reissued', since in the mid-eighties Frenzy was still being sold with Ratbat, and Mirage was a mailaway 'exclusive'. I was taking 'reissues' to mean anything from the 90's Classic Heroes onwards.)

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2008, 02:48 PM
roller: Wheeljack has been reissued.

Sky Shadow
14th December 2008, 04:07 PM
Okay, my final answers are:

a) Gears and Bumper/Bumblejumper have never been redone.

And I guess Trailbreaker also fits into 'a' (probably better than Bumper/Bumblejumper - who also fits into 'b' I guess.)

So my post-final final answer would be:

a) Gears and Trailbreaker have never been redone but have been reissued.
b) Rumble, Mirage, Frenzy and Bumper/Bumblejumper have not been reissued (depending on the definition of 'reissue'.)

dirge
14th December 2008, 06:11 PM
You're up, Jordan.

I did think about BJ, but since the character was not official in 1984 (didn't even get a retconned name for 20 years or so), I left him out of the definitions.

Sky Shadow
16th December 2008, 11:14 AM
Okay then...

Not counting G1 Frenzy, what were the first US Transformers toys to be straight recolours (with no remoulds or any extra/missing/different accessories) *not* from the same year of release as the original toy.

(That is, Starscream and Thundercracker don't count, because they were first released in the same year. One toy needs to be a recolour of an older toy. By remould, I mean like Smokescreen - he's not a correct answer because he's a 1985 remould of a 1984 toy - he'd have to be structurally the same toy as Bluestreak to be correct. Obviously I'm not counting a changed date stamp as a remould. Ultra Magnus isn't correct, as he does not have identical accessories to Optimus Prime. And so on.)

roller
16th December 2008, 11:21 AM
Do 'Classics' count?

Sky Shadow
16th December 2008, 11:34 AM
Do 'Classics' count?

No, because they're weren't US Transformers (and they weren't recolours anyway, were they?)

roller
16th December 2008, 11:42 AM
MAchine wars

Sky Shadow
16th December 2008, 11:50 AM
MAchine wars

Not a bad guess, but it's before Machine Wars. (And again, I'm really looking for US rereleases of US toys, not Euro-Australasian or Japanese ones.) :)

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2008, 01:05 PM
G2 Grimlock, Slag, Snarl, Beachcomber, Bumblebee, Seaspray, Hubcap & Devastator.

Sky Shadow
16th December 2008, 01:51 PM
G2 Grimlock, Slag, Snarl, Beachcomber, Bumblebee, Seaspray, Hubcap & Devastator.

Beachcomber, Seaspray and Hubcap are correct as are the Devastator components Hook, Scrapper, Mixmaster and Long Haul (the G2 Dinobots didn't have their missiles or missile launchers and G2 Scavenger and Bonecrusher were retooled.) And obviously Bumblebee counts if vac-metallised gold is seen as a recolour of yellow.

Gok's go. :)

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2008, 04:00 PM
Q: Name any two Cybertronian martial arts other than Metallikato.

roller
16th December 2008, 04:21 PM
circuitshu and monkey dibbling

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2008, 06:25 PM
circuitshu
Technically incorrect (re: sp)

and monkey dibbling
http://forums.ffonline.com/images/avatars/beast_wars/Beast_Wars_-_Optimus_Primal.gif "Why so cruel?"

roller
16th December 2008, 08:07 PM
whats sp mean?

Wheel-J
16th December 2008, 09:56 PM
whats sp mean?

could be spelling?..

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2008, 10:18 PM
Indeed it is. :)

swoop
16th December 2008, 11:19 PM
crystalocution and diffusion. If I'm right roller can ask the next question

GoktimusPrime
17th December 2008, 01:54 PM
Those are correct. roller's turn.

roller
17th December 2008, 03:24 PM
thanks swoop

Q: Who created Mechatron ?

Super Mario Bonus question : Which episode of the Simpsons features Bart singing about John Henry?

GoktimusPrime
18th December 2008, 10:46 AM
For anyone who'd care, for my last question I would have also accepted:
+ Circuit-Su (roller you had "Circuit-Shu")
+ Jet Judo
+ Pit Fighting

swoop
18th December 2008, 04:53 PM
I've never heard of jet judo, what continuity is that from?

roller the answer is megatron

Sky Shadow
18th December 2008, 05:13 PM
I've never heard of jet judo, what continuity is that from?

The G1 US Cartoon. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe use it against the Seekers in 'Roll For It'. Even Sunstreaker admits that they're not very good at it.

GoktimusPrime
18th December 2008, 05:19 PM
Sky Shadow is right - it's basically a form of grappling/wrestling supersonic fighter jets!! :D Seriously cool. :)

roller
18th December 2008, 11:03 PM
swoop

this is Big Brother

The answer: Megatron

is correct

by appearing on Big Brother, you have lost all your dignity

please use the shotgun provided.

swoop
19th December 2008, 06:23 AM
But I only came on so I could get a job working for nova :(

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2008, 12:26 PM
36h+ have elapsed and swoop hasn't taken his go.

Q: In the 2007 Transformers movie, which character is named after a Transformers comic-book artist?

Bonus points if you can give this character's full name. :)

roller
22nd December 2008, 09:13 PM
i swear Goktimus Prime just trawls this area

waiting for 36 hours to elapse

and then like the Tigatron, he pounces!!!

Asking another question:D

jacksplatt11
22nd December 2008, 09:22 PM
Gok loves his TF trivia :D

loophole
22nd December 2008, 09:46 PM
Mikaela Banes

griffin
23rd December 2008, 02:48 AM
36h+ have elapsed and swoop hasn't taken his go.

Q: In the 2007 Transformers movie, which character is named after a Transformers comic-book artist?

Bonus points if you can give this character's full name. :)

Do you have a source that says that Movie character was named after that particular comic book artist? It could just be a common enough 'ethnic' name, for the writers to give to that 'ethnic' character.
(I did wait a while to post this so as not to give away the answer too soon - but it looked like no one was gonna get it anyway)

Here's hoping the source isn't from one of my own botcon reports, and I've forgotten it... :p

dirge
23rd December 2008, 07:36 AM
Fig, the soldier who keeps speaking Spanish (and getting told off by the Boston guy). No I don't know his full name.

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2008, 09:05 AM
Do you have a source that says that Movie character was named after that particular comic book artist? It could just be a common enough 'ethnic' name, for the writers to give to that 'ethnic' character.
Here (http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showpost.php?p=361118&postcount=4280)

The soldier's full name is Jorge Figueroa, but he's commonly referred to as "Fig" in the movie so that's acceptable. dirge's turn.

roller
25th December 2008, 10:18 AM
im going to ask a question , since im the best ever!

Which dead Beast wars characters robot head shows up on Beast Machines cybertron?

GoktimusPrime
25th December 2008, 10:22 AM
Bobo!

http://gardnerlinn.com/bobo.jpg

GoktimusPrime
28th December 2008, 01:49 PM
36h+ have elapsed.

Q: Aside from being Autobots, having flighted alt modes and being able to merge, what do Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm have in common with Victory Leo?

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/leonography/News/safeguard_1.jpg
http://usuarios.lycos.es/ptj/v/victory_leo.jpg

Golden Phoenix
28th December 2008, 02:02 PM
Weren't they both rebuilt by a Percepter and a Wheeljack

GoktimusPrime
28th December 2008, 03:17 PM
You are correct!! Your turn. :)

Golden Phoenix
28th December 2008, 11:38 PM
Which Autobot likes jAm?

roller
29th December 2008, 12:36 AM
Monkey Rodimus the 3rd

Golden Phoenix
29th December 2008, 12:41 AM
Monkey Rodimus the 3rd

I really shouldn't have expected an actual answer

roller
29th December 2008, 09:28 AM
but my shoulders hurt

Sky Shadow
29th December 2008, 09:35 AM
I really shouldn't have expected an actual answer

Ramjet likes toast... :p

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2008, 12:45 PM
erm... yeah, this question isn't really relevant to official TF material. Please ask a new question Golden Phoenix.

Golden Phoenix
29th December 2008, 11:11 PM
erm... yeah, this question isn't really relevant to official TF material. Please ask a new question Golden Phoenix.

Awww. But its about the fandom....
Oh well.

In Armada, which mini-con has the most modes?

roller
29th December 2008, 11:45 PM
errrr Firebot and his team :confused:

Golden Phoenix
29th December 2008, 11:54 PM
errrr Firebot and his team :confused:

Nope, there is a mini-con that one ups them

roller
30th December 2008, 12:37 PM
the headmaster guy ?

Sky Shadow
30th December 2008, 12:53 PM
In Armada, which mini-con has the most modes?

Leader-1/Clench?

Golden Phoenix
30th December 2008, 10:59 PM
the headmaster guy ?

I need a name, but you close

Sky Shadow
30th December 2008, 11:58 PM
I need a name, but you close

Rider/Rook/Crosswise. Although I still don't think any of them have more modes than Leader-1 or Clench.

roller
31st December 2008, 12:29 AM
rollout or somwething

overload?

Golden Phoenix
31st December 2008, 12:31 AM
Rider/Rook/Crosswise. Although I still don't think any of them have more modes than Leader-1 or Clench.

Actually. Leader-1 mould is right, but only because he has 3 different gun modes.
I'll give it to you because of that. It gives him 5 modes.

I was actually thinking of Rollout, Overload's mini-con.
He has 4 distinct different modes: Robot, Vehicle, Gun and Head mode for Overload

Sky Shadow
31st December 2008, 09:53 AM
Okay... according to the UK comics, what are the three main things that Hun-Gurrr will be doing tomorrow? (New Years Day, 2009.)

roller
31st December 2008, 12:03 PM
visiting his nanna

buying toothpaste

and reading archie comics

Sky Shadow
31st December 2008, 12:09 PM
visiting his nanna

buying toothpaste

and reading archie comics

He may be doing all three of those things, but they're not the ones that are chronicled in the UK comics. :)

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2009, 03:38 PM
36h+ have erapsed.

Q: Which Transformer has the ability to suspend all ambient motion and kinetic energy around him?

Tommy K
4th January 2009, 10:29 PM
is it shockarat?

griffin
4th January 2009, 11:30 PM
Okay... according to the UK comics, what are the three main things that Hun-Gurrr will be doing tomorrow? (New Years Day, 2009.)

Just to side-track a little, and not waste SS's Q... According the the UK comic, on New Years Day 2009, the Time Wars were beginning. The comic started with Terrorcons terrorizing some humans on the way to a Decepticon Energy Leech. After the Autobots destroy it, the Decepticons chase them back to Autobot City to find it completely empty, and a time-portal open to 1989 (for some reason they were always 20 years apart with the linking stories). The Decepticons go back in time after them, starting the Time Wars. Not sure what particular 3 things SS is referring to though...

Sky Shadow
5th January 2009, 08:18 AM
Just to side-track a little, and not waste SS's Q... According the the UK comic, on New Years Day 2009, the Time Wars were beginning. The comic started with Terrorcons terrorizing some humans on the way to a Decepticon Energy Leech. After the Autobots destroy it, the Decepticons chase them back to Autobot City to find it completely empty, and a time-portal open to 1989 (for some reason they were always 20 years apart with the linking stories). The Decepticons go back in time after them, starting the Time Wars. Not sure what particular 3 things SS is referring to though...

Yeah that was it, Griffin - in issue #199 on New Years Day 2009, Hun-Gurr was going to:

1. stop the other Terrorcons from terrorising while he was lying to some humans about the Autobots.
2. check the laser bore and be blown up by the Autobots.
3. Travel back in time to 1989.

Then, in the next issue, Hun-Gurrr hangs around in 1989 to steal all the MIP Pretenders and Micromasters from toystores, travels back to 2009 and scalps them on eBay in order to buy a new energy leech. He's so evil!

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 10:40 AM
36h+ have elapsed. The correct answer was Heinlad whose "Time Freeze" ability allows him to suspend all ambient motion and kinetic energy around him.

New Q: What is Ultra-Energon also known as?

roller
7th January 2009, 11:33 AM
the White stuff

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 06:56 PM
nope.

Golden Phoenix
7th January 2009, 10:39 PM
Ore-13

I always wondered why it was 13.
Was it the 13th one they have found.
Or was it found on the 13th of something.
Or was it simply found by Thirteenacon

i_amtrunks
8th January 2009, 09:49 AM
Ore-13

I always wondered why it was 13.
Was it the 13th one they have found.
Or was it found on the 13th of something.
Or was it simply found by Thirteenacon

I think Furman likes 13...

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2009, 10:06 AM
Furman loves religious (predominantly Judeo-Christian) references too. ;D

Your turn Golden Phoenix! :)

Golden Phoenix
9th January 2009, 12:03 AM
I always prefer to answer the questions, thinking up questions is hard...

Anyway
Who's car does RiD Side Burn have the hots for?

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2009, 08:39 AM
roller's mum. :D :p :)

I kid

i_amtrunks
9th January 2009, 09:26 AM
I know exactly who you are talking about, but couldn't remember her name, had to resort to the wiki for it. So ashamed.

It's Junko/Kelly depending on the version.

According to the wikia: Kelly's name was never once spoken during the series. Rather, it was only ever made known through a casting sheet released online at the time of the show's premiere.

Anyway I pass my question asking as I had to use the wiki to get the answer. :(

Hot Rodimus
9th January 2009, 03:31 PM
Ore 13

Hot Rodimus
9th January 2009, 03:34 PM
hmmm, i thought i was on the most recent post, bugger..... forget my delayed answer....
what a retard lol

Golden Phoenix
9th January 2009, 09:24 PM
I know exactly who you are talking about, but couldn't remember her name, had to resort to the wiki for it. So ashamed.

It's Junko/Kelly depending on the version.

According to the wikia: Kelly's name was never once spoken during the series. Rather, it was only ever made known through a casting sheet released online at the time of the show's premiere.

Anyway I pass my question asking as I had to use the wiki to get the answer. :(

Where does one think I got the question?
That "GO!" button does wonders

what a retard lol

That's ok
We're all special here

griffin
10th January 2009, 02:17 AM
How many Sharkticons featured in the 1987 Movie?

Nah, just kidding... :p

Name three sets of Transformers toys made up of three individual toys that must combine to form an alternate mode (in other words, the three figures don't have alt modes on their own).

swoop
10th January 2009, 08:34 AM
could you give us three examples?:p

Sky Shadow
10th January 2009, 09:00 AM
could you give us three examples?:p

Like... Reflector, Magmatron and Tidal Wave?

(Good question, Griffin.)

swoop
10th January 2009, 09:24 AM
smart ass:rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2009, 11:26 AM
Magmatron and Tidal Wave?
Those are combinations of three alt modes that combine into a single figure (robot mode). My understanding of griffin's question was the other way around, like Reflector. The common definition of "alternate" mode appears to be anything other than the primary robot mode (e.g. vehicle, beast, cassette tape, camera etc.)

dirge
10th January 2009, 06:35 PM
Reflector, Tri-Rex (whatever that Animorph is called) and... Puzzler.

griffin
10th January 2009, 07:20 PM
I guess it does come down to the interpretation of 'toy'. I meant to say character instead of toy, but I wasn't sure if Magmatron's individual components are officially named. Between two of you, you got the three I was thinking of - Reflector, Magmatron and Tri-rex (didn't think anyone would get the Animorphs one).
Tidalwave would probably count too, so SkyShadow gets it.

griffin
10th January 2009, 07:26 PM
The 'alt mode' bit probably threw people as well, but when you have figures like Magmatron's components, their beast modes are the primary mode of each of those 'toys', making their combined mode being their alt-mode, while the combined beast mode would be Magmatron's alt-mode. It just meant looking at the toys from the perspective of the combined form, or from the individual character form (which was the perspective of this question). Fortunately some got the general idea though, and knew to look for others like Reflector.

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2009, 06:53 PM
I meant to say character instead of toy, but I wasn't sure if Magmatron's individual components are officially named.
They are individually named as Skysaur, Seasaur and Landsaur... but they're never stated or portrayed as having individual sentience. They're kinda like the three components of Optimus Prime even though each component have an individual beast mode.