PDA

View Full Version : New Hasbro TF collectors survey

FFN
21st November 2008, 07:08 AM
http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys/transformers_collector_snap_survey/transformers_collector_snap_survey.htm

Have fun.

TheDirtyDigger
21st November 2008, 07:46 AM
Cool. Done. Thanks. :)

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2008, 09:39 AM
Done like fun. Good to see a more collector-focused survey from Hasbro. :)

blackie
21st November 2008, 09:52 AM
done and done, although i cant say much for it as there were some questions that needed more/varied answers

oh well

kup
21st November 2008, 10:13 AM
I did it and I am also happy to see them seeking information about Collectors.

Yesterday I was shopping at Hurstville and was shocked to see Animated voyager/deluxes and the Movie remnants continuing to be shelf/peg warmers while Universe deluxes were very scarce with their pegs almost empty.

Hasbro must have picked up that toys that are generally collector friendly also have a wider appeal. Classics proved that and it appears that so is this new Universe line.

G1Optimal
21st November 2008, 11:28 AM
Done like fun. Good to see a more collector-focused survey from Hasbro. :)

I Agree :)

Although, they could place the question about where we are from "closer" to the first question ( if not the first question ).

Then use that to localize the survey questions especially ( if not only ) for the question on where we get our Transformers from. :)

Hereticpoo
21st November 2008, 11:34 AM
Done. The question that goes something like;

"Do you collect on character preferance or vehicle preferance?"

PLEASE tick vehicle. Otherwise we'll end up with Mega repaints, all of of them being Optimus Prime. Eg, Super Flying Optimus! = Movie Starscream repaint.

I'm scared...... *cringe* *shudder* :)

G1Optimal
21st November 2008, 11:54 AM
Done. The question that goes something like;

"Do you collect on character preferance or vehicle preferance?"

PLEASE tick vehicle. Otherwise we'll end up with Mega repaints, all of of them being Optimus Prime. Eg, Super Flying Optimus! = Movie Starscream repaint.

I'm scared...... *cringe* *shudder* :)

I Don't, think it will make that much of difference "after" all this is Hasbro we are talking about and they will find a way of doing that again.:D:p

Adzma
21st November 2008, 01:02 PM
Hmm I guess I'm too young to be considered a collector by them. Obviously 17 is still a child who plays with toys becaus after submitting my age, the survey ended. Biased indeed. :(

Pulse
21st November 2008, 01:36 PM
Done & Done :)

I found this question hilarious: :D

Approximately how much do you spend annually on all Transfomers toys?

Why was the highest option $200+? There should have been an option for "I don't wanna know... :o"

1orion2many
21st November 2008, 01:57 PM
Done & Done :)

I found this question hilarious: :D

Why was the highest option $200+? There should have been an option for "I don't wanna know... :o"

Yes but $200 U.S in the U.S buys a lot more than what we can in Australia:(.

griffin
21st November 2008, 02:59 PM
Hmm I guess I'm too young to be considered a collector by them. Obviously 17 is still a child who plays with toys becaus after submitting my age, the survey ended. Biased indeed. :(

That's not very fair. Anyone over about 12 who buys toys for themselves would have to be considered a serious collector, because how many teens (13+) get action-figure toys as *gifts* to play and discard as a non-collector?
You should try to redo it, but just enter in a slightly older age.

fatbot
21st November 2008, 03:28 PM
done, but it would be nice to have some higher values on how much do you spend annually, even factoring in the vastly cheaper prices for the yanks, i still spend a helluva lot more then $200 a year

jaydisc
21st November 2008, 03:38 PM
done, but it would be nice to have some higher values on how much do you spend annually, even factoring in the vastly cheaper prices for the yanks, i still spend a helluva lot more then $200 a year

Agreed. On average this year, I spent $200 every 11 days. :eek:

griffin
21st November 2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that yearly spend option was fairly low last time as well. Even US$200 is only 10 Deluxe toys ALL YEAR for the Americans. To collect that few in a year would barely count as a collector, so how would the lesser values count as being collectors?

I was happy to see them asking about non-convertable items, to really see what true fans think of them, as opposed to the parents who may just grab stuff off the shelves for kids presents. I totally rejected the Mighty Muggs in the survey though... :D

Q10 was tough for a completist to answer (prefer character or vehicle), but I guess if I had limited money and had to choose between two toys, I'd go for the one that looks nicer, rather than the one with a particular name.

Glad they had an option to enter in other fan-sites/communities you're a member of... :p
I can imagine some of those global sites encouraging their members to do the survey to boost their image to Hasbro as being the site to consider for future promotions.

31 questions later... and it redirects me back to the year-old, outdated Hasbro Australia page...

1orion2many
21st November 2008, 03:53 PM
:confused:I thought when they said character they were talking about the robot figure in general and not the name as you have alluded to Griffin:confused:. Did I misinterpret the question:eek:.

jaydisc
21st November 2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed saying None of the Above for the non-transforming figures and of course, I put otca.com.au in Other for fan sites. :D

JuzMel
21st November 2008, 04:44 PM
SEXIST Survey! Can someone complain to Hasbro that there ARE female TF fans out there too! :mad:

The moment I clicked on Female gender, they said "Thank you for your help" and that was it! No more questions asked whatsoever.

Zippo
21st November 2008, 06:49 PM
Wow, thats tough there JuzMel!

Filled it in, but had a hard time with the store I brought most of my transformers in. In the end I selected eBay and filled out an other..

roller
21st November 2008, 06:53 PM
when it came to which fan site you are a member of, there was no option for other , or there was but it wouldnt accept it.

I had to say i was from Seibertron.com then say in the box that i was an Ozformer

FFN
21st November 2008, 06:59 PM
SEXIST Survey! Can someone complain to Hasbro that there ARE female TF fans out there too! :mad:

The moment I clicked on Female gender, they said "Thank you for your help" and that was it! No more questions asked whatsoever. Girl collectors of a boys toys are a myth. You are obvious some sort of sentient robot who is in disguise. There is no other explanation. *folds arms and wishes there was a Something Awful-style Colbert folding arms smilie*

Did you try reloading the survey?

G1Optimal
21st November 2008, 08:13 PM

I wonder if it is because you where under the age of concent (
18+ ) ?:confused:

I Guess this is borderline Understandable if this assumption is true...

The moment I clicked on Female gender, they said "Thank you for your help" and that was it! No more questions asked whatsoever.

now this is not understandable? :confused::confused::confused:

Pulse
21st November 2008, 08:21 PM
Hasbro really should have set their market research parameters' a little wider... :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st November 2008, 08:53 PM
Just filled it out then.

Put in a little bit about visiting the Hasbro website about skipping the Aus version as its so old.:D

Golden Phoenix
21st November 2008, 09:25 PM
Just finished. A bit meh. It wouldn't let me leave some answers with just "other"
Nice that they want to get out opinion though

Girl collectors of a boys toys are a myth. You are obvious some sort of sentient robot who is in disguise. There is no other explanation. *folds arms and wishes there was a Something Awful-style Colbert folding arms smilie*

Did you try reloading the survey?

I would run and hide if I were you. Thou know's no wrath like Juzmel's

FFN
21st November 2008, 10:00 PM
Apparently this survey was very geared towards finding out the buying/collecting habits of a set age group and sex. They don't allow people they deem too young or old as well.

MV75
21st November 2008, 10:05 PM
I did it and I am also happy to see them seeking information about Collectors.

Yesterday I was shopping at Hurstville and was shocked to see Animated voyager/deluxes and the Movie remnants continuing to be shelf/peg warmers while Universe deluxes were very scarce with their pegs almost empty.

Hasbro must have picked up that toys that are generally collector friendly also have a wider appeal. Classics proved that and it appears that so is this new Universe line.

Agreed. I keep seeing buttloads of animated sitting around, while universe (that has no cartoon advertisement), is flying out the store.

I think they're trying to figure it out. :)

liegeprime
21st November 2008, 11:08 PM
Done...

FFN
21st November 2008, 11:40 PM
Agreed. I keep seeing buttloads of animated sitting around, while universe (that has no cartoon advertisement), is flying out the store.

I think they're trying to figure it out. :) OOOOOOOOOR retailers ordered loads more Animated and only a handful of Universe toys.

blackie
21st November 2008, 11:51 PM
OOOOOOOOOR retailers ordered loads more Animated and only a handful of Universe toys.

its more than possible, a friend of mine who works in the toy department at a target said that "the kids love the animated toys"which would back up FN's theory

griffin
22nd November 2008, 04:06 AM
:confused:I thought when they said character they were talking about the robot figure in general and not the name as you have alluded to Griffin:confused:. Did I misinterpret the question:eek:.

I interpretted it as 'character', being the name/bio, Vs the 'alt mode', being what it turns into. I think it is to see if collectors care more for original moulds or particular classic characters.
If it came down to prioritising characters, we could see more recolours (like in Universe) that are homages to classic characters - okay, sometimes they work (Roadbuster) but sometimes they don't (Blaster, Springer).
But if it came down to their alt mode, we could see less homage toys, or maybe better homage toys that are designed to better reflect a classic character.

kup
22nd November 2008, 10:53 AM
its more than possible, a friend of mine who works in the toy department at a target said that "the kids love the animated toys"which would back up FN's theory

That may be so but it still doesn't fully explain why the Universe pegs are empty and Animated toys filled.

As I understand it, there is no one there looking out for the pegs and filling them up as they become empty, they restock the shelves in cycles so all of them get filled at the same time.

jaydisc
22nd November 2008, 11:04 AM
Mel, the Choose-Female-Survey-Ends thing was a programming bug and has been fixed:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/problems-fixed-with-hasbros-transformers-brand-survey/14530/

griffin
22nd November 2008, 12:07 PM
I wonder if they fixed up the age bug as well. Adzma, you should try again, if you haven't already tried with an older age option.

Pulse
22nd November 2008, 12:07 PM
<snip>

As I understand it, there is no one there looking out for the pegs and filling them up as they become empty, they restock the shelves in cycles so all of them get filled at the same time.

It all comes back to the low rates they pay the slack teenagers, You pay peanuts = You get Monkeys... :D

STL
25th November 2008, 03:33 PM
Did it just now. Pretty bereft. I thought a few more questions like how much do you care for repaints, prefer what type of vehicles/alt modes etc. Still nice though I agree that the expenditure cap is pretty low. :D