G1Optimal
12th April 2021, 02:42 PM
https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/search?q=Transformers+&condition=preorder

If anyones interested

DELTAprime
12th April 2021, 03:59 PM
EB Games link.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/search?q=transformers&condition=preorder

I'll consider getting the Ark from them since they are charging MSRP instead of price gouging like they so often do.

G1Optimal
12th April 2021, 04:21 PM
Even if its gouging you would be roughly paying that for shipping from overseas anyway if not cheaper

well thats how I justify buying from them

reillyd
12th April 2021, 04:33 PM
Might be a silly question, but how do you know the Australia MSRP for items?

300 seems quite a bit dearer than previous Titan Classes (but I do think I?ve seen Omega charged at 299 in Toymate, which is dearer than most other retailers).

Krayt
12th April 2021, 05:29 PM
Might be a silly question, but how do you know the Australia MSRP for items?

300 seems quite a bit dearer than previous Titan Classes (but I do think I?ve seen Omega charged at 299 in Toymate, which is dearer than most other retailers).

300 was the retail for omega, Scorp, and I think Trypt.... but BigW undercuts when they can....

Some Vic toyworlds ranged Omega and Scorp from 250-320... 300 was most common

So 300 is the target... cheaper yay, but 300 bareable and expected

Krayt
12th April 2021, 05:31 PM
That said, deluxe and voyager I’ll risk retail

Roddy I’ll hope for BigW
Ark I’ll hope for Toyworld or BigW

Leaders and exclusives are the hit and miss... so Galv, SGBlurr and Dino Blast pack all ordered

Thurmus
12th April 2021, 06:11 PM
Is Rodimus really going to be $180?

Krayt
12th April 2021, 06:14 PM
Sky lynx was 150 (120 on sale) at BigW... that would be a little zing mark up on him

christalcase
12th April 2021, 06:22 PM
Was tempted by SG Blurr but for $45, it's just a tad bit higher for something I kind of want, so will skip it ($40 would have been insta-buy).

Krayt
12th April 2021, 07:11 PM
Was tempted by SG Blurr but for $45, it's just a tad bit higher for something I kind of want, so will skip it ($40 would have been insta-buy).

It’s not just a standard deluxe. It’s with comic, exclusive line, and seeming the have SS deluxe for 39, kingdom exclusive deluxe for 40, so an extra 5 for the comic is pretty good

nalops
12th April 2021, 07:23 PM
Hasbro Pulse has it for 30 USD which is roughly 40 AUD, so it's definitely a good price.

ComradeRenko
13th April 2021, 08:58 AM
Even if its gouging you would be roughly paying that for shipping from overseas anyway if not cheaper

well thats how I justify buying from them

After all the hassles I went through last year with cancelled orders due to various suppliers having their allocations cut or cancelled, I am happy to pay a slight premium to deal with a single supplier that has yet to fail me. To my mind the Unicron deal indicates that EB/Zing and Hasbro have a pretty solid relationship, and that gives me confidence that my orders will be honored. It also means I can focus my energy on tracking down the store exclusives that just won't appear over here!

MayzaPrime
13th April 2021, 12:50 PM
I have pre-ordered SG Blurr and Galvatron.

I think I will wait and see the price for Rodimus at the Big W sales. Hopefully will also be able to pick up the Ark somewhere, but if I miss out I am not that worried.

Dogboy
13th April 2021, 03:23 PM
Galvatron is already sold out at EB, as well as Tracks. Apart from Galv, the only other figure I was going to get through EB was Tricranius, who at his price might be in stock for a bit yet.

nalops
13th April 2021, 03:36 PM
Tracks is still up on Zing website but wow, that was fast. Guess they're not getting much initial stock.

Dogboy
13th April 2021, 04:28 PM
Tracks is still up on Zing website but wow, that was fast. Guess they're not getting much initial stock.

Yeah, they were both sold out this morning when I got up.. So they pretty much sold out in under 24 hours? Either very low stock, very high demand - or most likely a bit of both. Nervous about rolling the dice on Galv at retail :p

JJJ
13th April 2021, 04:47 PM
Hmm. So I might have to rely on Big W getting a WFC leader in... Uh oh...

nalops
13th April 2021, 04:59 PM
There's always Amazon for Leader class, there's already a listing up, but if you're going through just brick and mortar stores, it may be hard.

Skyfire
13th April 2021, 05:20 PM
It's ok if Zing/EB Games preorders sell out. Apart from the exclusives, the regular figures can and have been found from elsewhere at cheaper prices. Thinking about it...

Tracks is a popular one as is Huffer. Huffer sold out quickly recently because only Myer (and Toyworld?) had him in numbers and we are still waiting for Big W/Kmart/Target/Toymate. But looking around, I saw Huffer at TRU and he's up at Amazon AU ($29 and $35 respectively). Unless something has gone wrong with wave 2 distribution, the discount retailers should be getting it and then Huffer might even shelf warm. Warpath was another eagerly anticipated G1 and I've passed him by several times at different shops.

Rodimus is popular but so was Sky Lynx when he got bought up quickly at initial release at Big W. But then he came back in good numbers at Big W and Myer and again I passed him by several times, including on sale. He's up at TRU for $109 right now. If Rodimus turns out like Jetfire, he will be harder to secure than Sky Lynx but even Jetfire was obtainable at Target online (and was even on sale if I remember right).

Galvatron might well end up like Beast Megs and Ultra Magnus and be hard to find. But even those guys have not been impossible. From my searches, there were two chances to get Megs and UM at cheap prices recently (Toyworld $70 and TRU $79). Toymate has gotten Kingdom Leaders. And Myer has gotten WFC Leaders before - I've literally seen 8 Astrotrains sitting together and I've also passed them up on sale. SS86 Grimlock was very uncommon initially, then turned up in fair numbers for the current Myer sale.

Don't worry folks, there's always other (cheaper) opportunities. The big unknown is if wave 3 shows poorly or at all in Aus general retail like Earthrise wave 3.

DELTAprime
13th April 2021, 07:01 PM
What makes the new Tracks so good that everyone is after him?

I wasn't planning to replace my United Tracks, but now I'm curious what the deal is with this new mould.

Lint
13th April 2021, 07:56 PM
What makes the new Tracks so good that everyone is after him?

I wasn't planning to replace my United Tracks, but now I'm curious what the deal is with this new mould.

United Tracks is nearly a decade old and MP Tracks 5 years old. I think most are happy to simply see a Tracks again and for many more, it's their first opportunity to nab a G1esque Tracks.

G1Optimal
13th April 2021, 09:01 PM
After all the hassles I went through last year with cancelled orders due to various suppliers having their allocations cut or cancelled, I am happy to pay a slight premium to deal with a single supplier that has yet to fail me. To my mind the Unicron deal indicates that EB/Zing and Hasbro have a pretty solid relationship, and that gives me confidence that my orders will be honored. It also means I can focus my energy on tracking down the store exclusives that just won't appear over here!

That to

griffin
13th April 2021, 09:26 PM
EB's prices are not very consistent among the size classes.

Items selling out is really surprising... like Black Zarak... because EB Games used to take orders until a cut-off date, and submit their quantity to Hasbro. Now it just looks like they are given a set allocation, and if it sells out really fast EB misses out on money... and if they don't sell out, they are stuck with dead stock that they would eventually have to discount.
I think, them changing the system was a bad move, and will reduce the success of the Brand at EB, as items will now be hit and miss for them, and more collectors will miss out on the convenience of using them for store pickups without paying shipping.

Defcon
13th April 2021, 10:18 PM

Items selling out is really surprising... like Black Zarak... because EB Games used to take orders until a cut-off date, and submit their quantity to Hasbro. Now it just looks like they are given a set allocation, and if it sells out really fast EB misses out on money... and if they don't sell out, they are stuck with dead stock that they would eventually have to discount.
I think, them changing the system was a bad move, and will reduce the success of the Brand at EB, as items will now be hit and miss for them, and more collectors will miss out on the convenience of using them for store pickups without paying shipping.
I think it might be a case of logistics. Black Zarak is titan size so the boxes would take up a fair bit of space in their backroom, you should of seen the Unicron order in a their back area! So maybe they decided to limit the units available to pre order. With the main line anything not selects, the figures release in waves, so this would probably be an allocation from Hasbro. Popular figures are certain to sell out, so people can avoid fighting for them in Kmart and Big W.

JJJ
13th April 2021, 10:39 PM
There's always Amazon for Leader class, there's already a listing up, but if you're going through just brick and mortar stores, it may be hard.

I would prefer never to have to use Amazon again, if at all possible.

JJJ
13th April 2021, 10:43 PM
United Tracks is nearly a decade old and MP Tracks 5 years old. I think most are happy to simply see a Tracks again and for many more, it's their first opportunity to nab a G1esque Tracks.

That, and this new Tracks looks like Tracks, which I don't think previous toys do.

DELTAprime
13th April 2021, 10:45 PM

Has it really been that long?

Anyway, after taking a close look at the stock pictures I ordered a WFC K Tracks. That chest area on the new version looks so much nicer than the somewhat bulbous looking chest the United version has.

I'm sure the United Tracks will probably remain the superior mould in regards to build quality, but the new one does look sleeker.

Dogboy
14th April 2021, 10:44 AM

This is something we will have to take into consideration going forward... If they continue to get limited stock it may come down to playing the RNG in store, or order from your favoriute e-tailer. Stock is quickly selling out, Rodimus and Scorponok are now sold out as well.

Krayt
14th April 2021, 12:40 PM
Sold out on EB, still available on Zing

G1Optimal
15th April 2021, 12:12 PM
Another thing is the new stufff is limited to one item per person

Zommael
15th April 2021, 03:45 PM
Speaking of Zing, anyone received their Soundblaster (the new one with the Mercenary logo)? It's apparently out now but my store is still yet to receive my order. :(

nalops
15th April 2021, 06:42 PM
I heard it got pushed back, although I think that was in general and not just EB. Unfortunately, the Out Now on the site can't be trusted. I've had 2 orders recently say that, gone to EB only to be told that they're still a while away.

Defcon
16th April 2021, 09:36 AM
I preordered elsewhere, as a couple I was considering, the pre orders have sold out. It was Galvatron first then Tracks and Scorponok. I would like Rodimus Prime but am holding off because of the price.

GALVATOM
16th April 2021, 12:06 PM
Target listed Kingdom (Meg's and Prime) and SS leaders (86 Grimlock) individually, so it wasn't a random selection from the class assortment what character you got. If Target online does that for leaders again, there's another option to get Galvy postage free if you get in store pick up.

Krayt
16th April 2021, 01:21 PM
Target listed Kingdom (Meg's and Prime) and SS leaders (86 Grimlock) individually, so it wasn't a random selection from the class assortment what character you got. If Target online does that for leaders again, there's another option to get Galvy postage free if you get in store pick up.

Except noone told staff, and people ordered Megs and got Prime

GALVATOM
16th April 2021, 01:39 PM
Really? It worked for me, perhaps I was lucky.

1AZRAEL1
16th April 2021, 02:38 PM
Can't order The Ark in store now, have to order online. Meaning they have limited stock numbers left. At least that's what they told me.

Deano85
16th April 2021, 02:52 PM
Pre-ordered the Ark. I ordered a few transformers with them and at least saves on shipping with click and collect.

reillyd
17th April 2021, 07:56 PM
Can't order The Ark in store now, have to order online. Meaning they have limited stock numbers left. At least that's what they told me.

No I think it just means that your local store has already had its stock allocated to another customer. I was just able to order mine for pick up at my local. But seeing this thread was enough to jolt me into action. I don?t want to be driving around chasing the Ark.

1AZRAEL1
18th April 2021, 01:52 AM
I ordered mine for pickup at my local after they said I can't order instore any longer. I missed Black Zarak because of lack of funds to order with Zing at the time. Wasn't gonna miss this.

Dogboy
21st April 2021, 08:04 AM
Looks like Zing/EB definitely has limited stock... Few of wave 3 including the Ark, Rodimus etc have all been pulled from the EB website. Some are still available on the Zing website, so get in while you can if you want to preorder.

JJJ
21st April 2021, 12:42 PM
Looks like Zing/EB definitely has limited stock... Few of wave 3 including the Ark, Rodimus etc have all been pulled from the EB website. Some are still available on the Zing website, so get in while you can if you want to preorder.

This may be a general thing. Savier's Toys has recently been advising that they will have difficulty obtaining HasTak stock in the near future too.

Dogboy
21st April 2021, 02:25 PM
This may be a general thing. Savier's Toys has recently been advising that they will have difficulty obtaining HasTak stock in the near future too.

Yep.. had decided to try and nab Galvatron at retail, but think I may preorder him at this rate.

ComradeRenko
25th June 2021, 02:34 PM
Picked up my Galvatron from EB Games today in Sydney. Had it ordered with my local Zing, which promptly shut down and moved my orders to the local EB Games.

MayzaPrime
25th June 2021, 02:44 PM
Picked up my Galvatron from EB Games today in Sydney. Had it ordered with my local Zing, which promptly shut down and moved my orders to the local EB Games.

Lucky you grabbed that... won't be long before the whole city is in lockdown.

I also picked up Galvatron but from ACT EB

Krayt
25th June 2021, 04:34 PM

Are the EB/Zing release good or bad shoulders?

ComradeRenko
25th June 2021, 08:16 PM

Ha. That's the reason I grabbed it today rather than wait for tomorrow!

Looks to be bad shoulders I'm afraid to say, at least on my figure.

griffin
25th June 2021, 08:54 PM
I wonder if all those July Kingdom & Studio Series pre-orders at Amazon will be dropping soon too... and suddenly hit the bank balance without warning.

MayzaPrime
26th June 2021, 12:30 PM
Are the EB/Zing release good or bad shoulders?

Mine was ok

reillyd
3rd August 2021, 03:19 PM
Wave 3 hit my store and we have a SE Qld lockdown. Apparently its still an 'essential store' and trading, but I don't think I can make the argument that it was an essential trip in a lockdown to pick up Tracks.
But if you work nearby your Zing store, they might have something lovely waiting for you.

griffin
3rd August 2021, 07:43 PM
I wonder why EB is getting their stock from Hasbro but Amazon isn't. They still haven't got their July items, and now late on some August items.

The Letter M
4th August 2021, 10:25 AM
Wave 3 hit my store and we have a SE Qld lockdown. Apparently its still an 'essential store' and trading, but I don't think I can make the argument that it was an essential trip in a lockdown to pick up Tracks.
But if you work nearby your Zing store, they might have something lovely waiting for you.

Interesting. When I wandered by my local EB/Zing in Strathpine they were closed.

Dimi194
4th August 2021, 10:31 AM
Just called my local Zing in Wollongong (so in lockdown) - they said the K39 Tricranius set is due in by end of the week... but yeah whether I can actually pick it up is unclear :eek:

Krayt
4th August 2021, 12:35 PM
Just called my local Zing in Wollongong (so in lockdown) - they said the K39 Tricranius set is due in by end of the week... but yeah whether I can actually pick it up is unclear :eek:

Vic lockdowns we were able to pay over phone with CC, or with giftcards then pickup from the door

DELTAprime
4th August 2021, 05:29 PM

A year and a half into lockdowns and Gamestop still thinks it's essential.... :(

JJJ
4th August 2021, 08:15 PM
A year and a half into lockdowns and Gamestop still thinks it's essential.... :(

Show me a business, any business, willing to admit that they aren't essential.

griffin
4th August 2021, 09:44 PM
I had a missed call today from EB, so something of mine must be in... but all I have on pre-order at the moment is Tricranius... which must be in stock as well.

Show me a business, any business, willing to admit that they aren't essential.

That's true... I'm currently at a furniture warehouse, and they believe they are an essential business because they are keeping people employed... which seems like a stretch, as it could apply to any business.
I mean, who *needs* furniture that can't wait a few days or weeks.

ComradeRenko
5th August 2021, 06:18 PM
Got a call from EB Games today to pay off Kingdom Wave 3 Deluxes, the Ark, and Tricranius. Was told I could then come in to collect. I was quite surprised as the last info I had was that EB Games stores were closed in Sydney. Donned my mask and traveled less then 5kms to pick them all up.

Sutton
5th August 2021, 07:05 PM
No phone call for me, but my online order for the Ark has changed to 'processed' so must be on it's way. Sweet!

Dimi194
7th August 2021, 10:43 AM
No call, but when I called today to ask, they said Tricranius there, and when I went and picked it up there was a note on the receipt "called no answer 6/8"... even though I missed 0 calls yesterday >:(

MayzaPrime
10th August 2021, 01:56 PM
Got a call from them last week, got the following
The Ark
Giant Pop Soundwave with tapes
Kingdom Tracks
Kingdom Scorponok

GALVATOM
12th August 2021, 05:16 PM
Grabbed my Kingdom Scorponok from Zing today so WA stores should be getting peoples Wave 3 stuff.

G1Optimal
21st August 2021, 05:22 PM
Studio series sweep preorder is up
https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/product/toys-gadgets/277716-transformers-studio-series-86-10-voyager-the-transformers-the-movie-decepticon-sweep

I wonder why the others are not up i hope it is not they are offering it to level 5 members first that would suck

I hope i can get 2 studio series rotf sideswipes , kingdom tigatron and kingdom pipes off of them as i do not know where to go to overseas that has good shipping times or even australia

Sutton
28th August 2021, 06:19 PM
Just FYI, my pre-order for Slag and several Gnaws has changed to 'processed', usually means it's maybe a week away from showing up in store.

G1Optimal
30th August 2021, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that info