PDA

View Full Version : Remember Electrum?

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 04:41 PM
http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=10916&PN=1&TPN=1

That is a link to a sketchy repaint i'm doing, theres a few little bits i have to fix, and theres still some red showing, but in the end it will come up quite nice i think.

roller
23rd January 2008, 04:44 PM
needs to be shiny er

did you use mp04?

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 04:54 PM
needs to be shiny er

did you use mp04?

No no, i used the Hasbro TFTM Optimus. I'm going to give it a clear coat later tonight when it isn't so hot

TheDirtyDigger
23rd January 2008, 06:02 PM
Ummmmmmmmm:confused:

This for sale or you showing off your creation here mate?

And you mean 20th Anniversary DVD Prime do you?

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 06:22 PM
Wooops, thought that i posted this in the creations sections.. Yy bad. And yes, I do mean the 20th Ann DVD Prime

Tober
23rd January 2008, 06:27 PM
I like it. :cool:

I was thinking of doing a Sunstorm custom a bit like that. What sort of paint and application are you using? (*hopes he doesn't answer "gold paint pen").

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 06:36 PM
Gold paint pen...:P lol I'm acutely using car paint... HOLTS- Dupli-Color Auto Spray to be exact. And its in a pressure pack. So I'm spraying it on... When that was dry, i gave it a clear coat, with TAMIYA COLOR: Clear..

Paulbot
23rd January 2008, 07:59 PM
Moved the thread for you Turtleboy

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 08:30 PM
Moved the thread for you Turtleboy

Thanks Paul:)

Soundwarp
23rd January 2008, 08:35 PM
Dude i love it!!!!
But how many figures are you going to do?
I'd reccomend the main guy in the episode: Beachcomber too atleast.

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 08:52 PM
Dude i love it!!!!
But how many figures are you going to do?
I'd reccomend the main guy in the episode: Beachcomber too atleast.

*cries* I no longer have my Beachcomber. Also. Was there ever a bigger Beachcombers made? If so, I think I would only do his Right Hand.

But thanks for the comment:)

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2008, 10:32 PM
That's a very good job! :) http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/petros42/Borat-VeryNice.jpg

though I'm personally not really into making customs of already existing toys - even if it's hideously rare :p I would've gone for a G1 Prime mould that they haven't officially done in gold yet like maybe Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime (it'd be cheaper too). :) Either way, top effort!! :D

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/img/transformers-toys/luckydraw/mp-gold-convoy/mp-gold-convoy-003.jpg

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 10:39 PM
That's a very good job! :) http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/petros42/Borat-VeryNice.jpg

though I'm personally not really into making customs of already existing toys - even if it's hideously rare :p I would've gone for a G1 Prime mould that they haven't officially done in gold yet like maybe Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime (it'd be cheaper too). :) Either way, top effort!! :D

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/img/transformers-toys/luckydraw/mp-gold-convoy/mp-gold-convoy-003.jpg

Thanks Gok, I see what you mean about making customs of an already existing toy, but if I want every kind of MP even if they're not all official, I had to do it. It didn't cost much, like i said, Hasbro:D

turtle boy
23rd January 2008, 10:50 PM
The pic with the clear coat is up.. Enjoy.

STL
23rd January 2008, 11:21 PM
Whoa. So simple yet so nice! I'd love to have one, one day

griffin
24th January 2008, 04:49 AM
I like it! Pity the tyres can't be coloured, since the entire figure would need to be gold coloured to be accurate to the episode.
Oooo pretty... :)

turtle boy
24th January 2008, 06:14 AM
I like it! Pity the tyres can't be coloured, since the entire figure would need to be gold coloured to be accurate to the episode.
Oooo pretty... :)

i was actually thinking of that, then decided to go with the what the toy looks like more then the cartoon.

Soundwarp
24th January 2008, 08:06 AM
*cries* I no longer have my Beachcomber. Also. Was there ever a bigger Beachcombers made? If so, I think I would only do his Right Hand.

But thanks for the comment:)

Damm i had 3 spare ones but i gave them to my nephew......

I like the way the colour looks like its an add on not the original paint. Like as though you dipped it in a bucket of the stuff.
Plus is there a way o do the wheels?
Maybe you could photoshop the idea first?

Saintly
24th January 2008, 08:46 AM
top job turtleboy! :)

it does sort of glistens in the sunlight, eh?

i_amtrunks
24th January 2008, 10:01 AM
Very nice work there!

The funnest part about spray painting figures is trying not to paint everything else around the figure!

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2008, 10:29 AM
That's why they invented masking tape - which Lord Zed taught me is also really good for Transformer cosplay! (his roll of masking tape that he just happened to have on him at SupaNova saved my Optimus Prime costume from falling apart!) :)

i_amtrunks
24th January 2008, 11:59 AM
That's why they invented masking tape - which Lord Zed taught me is also really good for Transformer cosplay! (his roll of masking tape that he just happened to have on him at SupaNova saved my Optimus Prime costume from falling apart!) :)

I meant more the pavers/bricks in the area you're spray-painting! I almost painted my sisters rabbits once with the stuff due to a sudden breeze!:p

turtle boy
24th January 2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

I painted Him on the Recycling bin lid, i stood him on a wooden box so not to paint the bin.

I find Masking tape gets heaps of bleeds, and that a shame, cause it's easy to work with.

Damm i had 3 spare ones but i gave them to my nephew......

I like the way the colour looks like its an add on not the original paint. Like as though you dipped it in a bucket of the stuff.
Plus is there a way o do the wheels?
Maybe you could photoshop the idea first?

I have a few Spare tires for MP Prime, I'll paint them tonight. Shame about the Beachcombers.

stencilator
25th January 2008, 07:48 AM
Lookin' cool man! If I had a spare Op around I'd think about giving this a go.