PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Dollar to hit 47 cents.

TheDirtyDigger
27th November 2008, 04:25 AM
http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=671349

Trailer Park Ninja
27th November 2008, 07:02 AM
Well this pretty much wipes out any future purchases from Robot Kingdom and the like for the foreseeable future. :(:(:(

Wheel-J
27th November 2008, 07:33 AM
I've read this article yesterday and there's one part of the news there I couldn't yet comprehend for whatever basis.

"There's going to be a fairly prolonged period of balance sheet consolidation with households: you're going to get a situation, even though credit is cheaper, people won't use extra income to spend," he said.

:confused:

MV75
27th November 2008, 09:40 AM
Yea, they'll be paying bills instead.

Oh yea, take it with a grain of salt too. A french bank isn't the most worthy authority on our economy, nor that of Asias growth and demand for our resources.

k.wong23
27th November 2008, 09:44 AM
But the French are idiots?

roller
27th November 2008, 10:03 AM
oooooooooooooohhhhh ahhhhh

just tighten your belts

geez

Hereticpoo
27th November 2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah, they'll be paying bills instead.

Oh yea, take it with a grain of salt too. A french bank isn't the most worthy authority on our economy, nor that of Asias growth and demand for our resources.

I totally agree. Our Asian neighbours still want our resources. In a way this 'financial crisis' has been postive for my household. I have more money from the home loans, and retail prices are finally coming down overall. The retail prices here in Australia were WAY to high. IF I ever see the day when Collectoybles and Transfigure are cheaper than Robotkingdom, I'll buy from them.....however I won't hold my breath. :)

P.S. If you want to laugh at some incredible insane prices for TF's....

www.hobbymadness.com.au

INsane!

GoktimusPrime
27th November 2008, 11:51 AM
クソ ("fecal excrement")

MV75
27th November 2008, 12:07 PM
What are you trying to say Goktimus?

Hereticpoo
27th November 2008, 01:04 PM
クソ ("fecal excrement")

KUSO, meaning crap, Sh*t, reckless? You think the exchange rate is crap? :)

Pulse
27th November 2008, 01:06 PM
Scaremongering + Media Sensationalism = Hogwash :)

JuzMel
27th November 2008, 01:31 PM
Scaremongering + Media Sensationalism = Hogwash :)
+1. If everyone is brainwashed to believe that something will happen, then that something will "happen"...

jaydisc
27th November 2008, 02:11 PM
P.S. If you want to laugh at some incredible insane prices for TF's....

www.hobbymadness.com.au

INsane!

$25 for a deluxe, $45 for a voyager. What's so insane?

Rampage
27th November 2008, 02:21 PM
$25 for a deluxe, $45 for a voyager. What's so insane?

& 49.95 for movie leader brawl:p

griffin
27th November 2008, 02:30 PM
I've read this article yesterday and there's one part of the news there I couldn't yet comprehend for whatever basis.

"There's going to be a fairly prolonged period of balance sheet consolidation with households: you're going to get a situation, even though credit is cheaper, people won't use extra income to spend," he said.

:confused:

It'd mean that people will put more money into savings accounts, or repay their debts, rather than spend the extra money their cheaper mortgage repayments leaves them. It'd be more of a fear responce, thinking that things could get worse, and they need to save for a 'rainier' day.

Hereticpoo
27th November 2008, 04:00 PM
& 49.95 for movie leader brawl:p

Yeah they must've changed the prices! I swear the last time I checked them out everything was above retail! (Then you gotta pay postage)

Egg on my face :o

Robzy
27th November 2008, 04:33 PM
Must-buy-everything-before-the-middle-of-next-year!!! :eek:

Adzma
27th November 2008, 05:02 PM
I knew it was going to drop below 50 at some stage. :( If they're predicting June, it may mean that Masterpiece Grimlock will be the last major TF I buy for a long, long time.

liegeprime
27th November 2008, 07:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! Im going on overseas holidays in June!:(:(:( That would mean less TF buying then for me as the dollar would not be much. Sigh. Hopefully I would be getting only newer stuff by then so wouldnt have to scout much while Im overseas.

Golden Phoenix
27th November 2008, 07:38 PM
I don't think I will worry about this.
1 bank says this will happen, 1 bank
How many other banks say this? It is just because it will grab attention, that is all.

GoktimusPrime
27th November 2008, 07:48 PM
MV75: there's an English translation if you click and drag on the text in my last post. ;)

MV75
28th November 2008, 08:05 AM
It'd mean that people will put more money into savings accounts, or repay their debts, rather than spend the extra money their cheaper mortgage repayments leaves them. It'd be more of a fear responce, thinking that things could get worse, and they need to save for a 'rainier' day.

Yep, is what I'm doing.

I've just then gotten my first pay and put a large chunk of it into paying off my CC, which I'll close early next month. And now, yea, I'm saving the rest, and more pays, until early next year. No real spending from me for a while, just encore trailbreaker. :) I want to build a bit of a bank amount just in case.

MV75: there's an English translation if you click and drag on the text in my last post. ;)

Oh yea, I saw that next to the two squares, but what is your meaning?