PDA

View Full Version : making dynamite VS Scipio Africans

roller
27th November 2008, 12:32 PM
Friends does anyone know how to operate a forklift machine?

Is it like driving an automatic car ?

Any dangers associated with it? like losing a limb or impaling someone?

Any idea if you need a car driving licence to have a forklift licence?

This new job i got kinda want me to learn how to use wern, it sounds dreadfully scary.

Steakywakes for all

A forklift is not an interstellar people carrier

Gutsman Heavy
27th November 2008, 12:34 PM
forklifts are like bumper cars you can impale people on. You need a separate licence for it (but most work places wont bother getting you one)

jacksplatt11
27th November 2008, 01:00 PM
Just don't film yourself doing burnouts on it, like that doosh on the news did a week or so ago, you'll be right

MV75
27th November 2008, 01:10 PM
Forklifts require a special license. They should be sending you to a special course to get your ticket.

TheDirtyDigger
27th November 2008, 01:16 PM
They're heaps fun. Especially when I forgot to replace the battery caps and the batteries exploded when my old manager was driving it.

You are meant to have a forklift license but I have seen a few businesses lax in getting them for employees.

And they are dangerous....oh yes.:)

Rampage
27th November 2008, 03:48 PM
ive had my forklift licence since i was your age roller what do you need to know

car licence?

Don't need one i learnt how to drive a car after learning to drive a forklift & yes i was freaked out by it too at first :)

is it like driving a car?

It is similar if you can drive an auto car u should be able to pick it up quite easy except the steering at back will be a bit tricky.

It also depends on what type of forklift you are learning to drive on gas, electric, high mast, low mast etc

low mast gas = :D
high mast electric = :mad:

is it dangerous?

If you live up to your name you might be in a bit of strife as rolling forklifts is probably the most likely way to hurt/kill yourself.

ie: don't turn quickly when carrying a load up high, traveling at speed or on uneven ground as forklifts are top heavy.

I've been hit & have hit people whilst on one it's not good either way i'm just lucky neither party have been hurt seriously

ie: be careful walking around them they will f*%# you up even traveling slowly:p

[b]

i_amtrunks
27th November 2008, 04:06 PM
Forklift driving is fun.

Once you get the hang of it.

Used to play at a friends store where he had a tiny forklift and I was allowed to drive it around. Pretty sure it was electric, and I was never allowed to touch the lifting apparatus, but it was a zippy little machine.

Cannot hurt to get a Forklift License, never know when it'll be useful.

roller
27th November 2008, 10:12 PM
thanks for the insight fellahs

i start on monday, hopefully i wont crash it, like the TAFE electric buggy:o

blackie
30th November 2008, 09:19 PM
still need one of these....
at my first job i drove one for about 6 months, and its nothing like driving a car.
hopefully youll get a petrol one, but its unlikely, but if you do it will go faster and be more powerful than the electric ones :D

all i get to drive these days is a crappy crown lifter at coles :(

roller
1st December 2008, 11:34 PM
hey fellahs

finished my first day at work today

The Forklift was way easier then i expected.

Its a gas and petrol powered one, apparently they always use gas and petrol is super rarely used.

I drove it quite a bit and practised lifting empty pallets, i also was allowed to lift 2 that had bags of fertilisers.

Everyone at my work hates everyone else, and im 1 of 4 males at the place. the oldest being in his 50s and the others below 18, leaving me the stud:cool:

Seriously though, if i can drive a forklift a freakin monkey can!!!

I hope this benefits someone else one day :D

blackie
1st December 2008, 11:35 PM
lol i meant gas :P

Rampage
2nd December 2008, 02:34 PM
Your not allowed to use petrol inside warehouses due to the fumes.

Most forks have a bit of petrol in them to switch over too if the gas runs out so u can limp it to the area where the gas bottles are kept or the refill station depending on your workplace.

Done any rollbacks yet Roller?:p