PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep your Transformers manuals?

DELTAprime
22nd September 2021, 11:15 PM
In the quest to reclaim space I'm considering putting manuals for my mass-market figures in the recycling.

So I was wondering how many of you actually keep manuals for your Transformers?

Skyfire
23rd September 2021, 12:51 AM
I look at those special offer pamphlets I got with my G1 toys ("Reinforcements from Cybertron" - for Powerdasher, Omnibots and Autobot watch) and original G1 manuals/catalogues and I'm glad I kept all of that documentation - memories and historical items.

And that's why I have 50 of those "Small parts may be generated" slips written in 30 languages. Does that answer your question? Hahahahaha! (I should probably just keep one of each variant of those slips...or maybe just one... or maybe none since I'm over 3 years of age).

But then I'm the guy who keeps Target/Kmart/Big W/Myer catalogue clippings from almost 40 years ago.

Hmm, maybe I should seek help ;).

Paulbot
23rd September 2021, 07:42 AM
I stopped keeping packaging, but I keep the instructions. I just wish I had a better filing/storage system for them.

(They don't take up that much space)

Sinnertwin
23rd September 2021, 08:19 AM
Yep. I use a few $5 expander files from Kmart.

Tha_Phantom
23rd September 2021, 09:24 AM
For the most part, no. Pretty much any modern instructions go in the bin.
I've kept some from RID2001 and Armada for nostalgia. In the case of most G1 reissues I will ditch the box, but keep the bag with instructions and accessories together rather than letting all the accessories get mixed up together in a pile.
If I ever get stuck with a toy I just refer to YouTube anyway, my brain finds it hard to follow instructions on paper for some reason.

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd September 2021, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I keep the cardbacks/flattened boxes and instructions, just in case I ever end up selling them and people want the extra bits. The instructions are good for a friend's kids as well, they're pretty good re. how bits work and know to Handle With Care but having the instructions as backup options is still helpful sometimes.

That said I prefer to buy loose/used, so a lot of them don't have instructions anyway.

Seraphim Prime
23rd September 2021, 10:17 AM
I've kept all my manuals - previously they were kept in plastic sleeves in ring-binder folders, but the recent fold-out style instruction sheet has made that difficult. Currently the more recent ones are organised in a shoe box until I can work out how to file them properly.

Thurmus
23rd September 2021, 10:27 AM
Yep. I use a few $5 expander files from Kmart.

Me too. Two for TF and one for LEgo in my cupboard at the moment. Also handy for the collector cards, Reprolabels and MP coins.

Dimi194
24th September 2021, 07:24 AM
I keep all the instructions, in little zip lock bags (grouping by theme/line)... but a file expander is a good idea !

Lint
24th September 2021, 08:45 AM
I stopped keeping packaging, but I keep the instructions. I just wish I had a better filing/storage system for them.

(They don't take up that much space)

I do the same, but I'm not even going to pretend that I have a filing/storage system

1AZRAEL1
24th September 2021, 01:23 PM
All the manuals and extras bits from figures have gone into baggies in big plastic tubs. Save for the instructions of new figures, they get turfed with the boxes

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th September 2021, 02:42 PM
I keep mine as I am forgetful and enjoy transforming them with instructions. the extent of my filing system is keeping the same series toys together. I will admit I get frustrated at the different size manuals. Part of my reason for being such a big fan of the Japanese legends line is the included comics kinda force the manuals to all be a regular size which made them easy to keep.

The WFC Trilogy ones I have are a mess of different sizes and it frustrates me.
I did notice that Takara did upload pdf version of them to their product pages. https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_sg/sg-ex-01 <--Ratchet and they have a link on the page
https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/wordpress/wp-content/themes/tf/img/products/tf_sg/item_tf_sg-ex-01_manual.pdf <-- Ratchet's manual.

But they don't upload them until after the figure's release in Japan. So studio series has up to Comaro Bumblebee, but no Wreck-Gar just yet.

JJJ
6th November 2021, 09:06 PM
Yup, all of them. Although I generally remember all the transformations, I do sometimes forget something, and it is nice to be able to go to The Box and pull out the instructions when required. And I see such moments only increasing as I grow older and as my collection grows (my base target for Generations toys is, after all, 213, and I have plenty of toys outside that target and collection as well, some of them much more complex than a Generations toy).

That's a good reason. Now ask me to explain why I keep the instructions for repaints...

Trent
6th November 2021, 09:53 PM
I recently went through some of my stuff and ended up with this massive pile of instructions and I realised I’m never going to look at them so they went in the bin.

Golden Phoenix
6th November 2021, 11:06 PM
If its got a box the manual stays in the box. For everything else, I use 2 of these big Lego Brick containers (https://imrickjamesbricks.com.au/collections/lego-storage-accessories/products/lego-storage-brick-8-red) to store them in.