PDA

View Full Version : Animated DS game out in AUS.

Paulbot
27th November 2008, 09:10 PM
Fellow Nintendo DS-ers, the Transformers Animated game is now out in Australia.

I've picked up a copy from EB Games in Melbourne for $40 (a sale price, regular $50) and it's also shown in this week's Big W Catalogue for the same price.

At EB the salesperson did have to go out the back for it as I couldn't find it on the shelf.

As pointed out by GoldenPhoenix, it appears to be US import stock, with the Australian classification stuck over the US rating, The back cover includes text: "For sale, rental and use only in USA, Canada, Mexico and Latin America" text still appears! :rolleyes:

Stompy
27th November 2008, 09:24 PM
The game is alright. It's aimed for a younger demographic but the gameplay reminds me of an old game called The Lost Vikings.

i_amtrunks
28th November 2008, 10:17 AM
Its not a long game either, so $40 is fair.

So glad the DS is Multi-region it allows for things like this to happen (Im thinking we have the import version due to a shipping/manufacturing error, so that the game is on shelves in time for the holiday season)

Stompy
28th November 2008, 11:31 AM
This happens a lot. Local distributors will get copies of the game from a bigger market (US or Europe) and just slap on local ratings sticker to cut costs on printing a sleeve with the local ratings on it. Especially for games that aren't destined to sell particularly too well. Let alone a market (ours) that's tiny in comparison with the US or Europe.

griffin
28th November 2008, 12:46 PM
Just transfered a copy of the above Animated DS sightings into a news topic.

Paulbot
28th November 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm enjoying the game. the Lost Vikings-type gameplay is nice, but it's a bit too easy. I've not got to a boss battle yet. A huge bonus is that the Animated cast does all the voice over work.

I think not being able to transform in the regular levels is a shame. (For example: Bumblebee has turned on a switch and Prime and Bulkhead have got through the locked door... I would like Bumblebee to be able to transform into car mode so he can race back to their location quickly)

The highway levels do kind of make up for this.

And despite not being on the packaging or (it seems) a playable Character, Ratchet's still around in the game giving advice which is good.

Kyle
28th November 2008, 01:02 PM
Being a little easy is not so bad. But I've played 10 levels so far and there aren't many variations to the missions. :/

Overall a good game though. :)

JuzMel
28th November 2008, 01:15 PM
Great! :D Now the thing is to look on NDS-ROMS or to buy a copy just for the official keepsafe? :p

Paulbot
28th November 2008, 01:45 PM
Mel I'm sure you would do the legal thing right...?

JuzMel
28th November 2008, 02:28 PM
Mel I'm sure you would do the legal thing right...?

:o Hmmmm :rolleyes: Yes I will.. I suppose.. chrismas pressie anyone? :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th November 2008, 08:47 PM
Juts finished it the other day.

Final Fight with Megatron was a pushover.

Overall I found it enjoyable, would have liked a level select once I had finished it though. Then I could play the drivey bits without going through the game again.... Pretty easy though, only died when I wanted to to see what would happen, but then i guess its made for kids.

STill not bad, I would really like to see a sequel made. Then perhaps they could put in some combined skills (Bulkhead launching BB into the air for one and Ratchet would have some good possibilites for puzzle manipulation with his Magnet hands for example).

I liked the look of the levels. The training one for example had each of the Autobots rooms in it as you travel along. (check out the poster on Prowl's wall).

Kyle
4th January 2009, 10:08 AM
As pointed out by GoldenPhoenix, it appears to be US import stock, with the Australian classification stuck over the US rating, The back cover includes text: "For sale, rental and use only in USA, Canada, Mexico and Latin America" text still appears! :rolleyes:

This happens a lot. Local distributors will get copies of the game from a bigger market (US or Europe) and just slap on local ratings sticker to cut costs on printing a sleeve with the local ratings on it. Especially for games that aren't destined to sell particularly too well. Let alone a market (ours) that's tiny in comparison with the US or Europe.

Sighted at JB Hi-Fi, there's now a new Aussie version with Australian classification printed not stickered on. The game inside has a EUR code. Must be a new batch as I remember seeing the stickered on version at another JB before.

JuzMel
5th January 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi guys, I just bought my copy last week from Target at $34.95 and have started playing it. So far I'm at level 13 and it's been good. It's much more thinking rather than slow character movement and kick-bashing as in the previous Autobots and Decepticons movie DS versions.

I like it that you have to think quite alot sometimes on how to move around as you play all the 3 characters: Bumblebee, Prime and Bulkhead at once for lots of levels. So it's more of a strategy game rather than speed and just plain kick-bashing. Even when fighting Megatron, you have to use a combination of methods with the 3 characters.

EB games have it for $39.95 after discount, but I think they will price-match to Target's price if you ask. :)

Golden Phoenix
6th January 2009, 12:02 AM
EB games have it for $39.95 after discount, but I think they will price-match to Target's price if you ask. :)

They the Devil I Says!
Go somewhere that will legitimately have a lower price!
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th January 2009, 01:18 AM
I like it that you have to think quite alot sometimes on how to move around as you play all the 3 characters: Bumblebee, Prime and Bulkhead at once for lots of levels. So it's more of a strategy game rather than speed and just plain kick-bashing. Even when fighting Megatron, you have to use a combination of methods with the 3 characters.

I assume you have done the Fight with Megs in the Decepticon Base. Anybody been able to work out why Bumblebee randomly dies/loses energy during that fight?

I had him and Prime up top and Bulkhead down below laying the smack down on Megs and BB would randomly die.

I could never see what the prob was. Baffled me greatly. He died and ended up worse than Bulkhead who was in the danger zone....:confused:

Paulbot
8th January 2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah I had that too. I think when Megatron breaks out of the magnet's hold the feedback damages Bumblebee so the correct way to win the fight would be to:
* Power Magnet with Bumblebee
* Activate Magnet with second character
* Hit Megatron a few times with third character
* Depower Magnet
* Run from Megatron if needed and then start again...

JuzMel
8th January 2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah I had that too. I think when Megatron breaks out of the magnet's hold the feedback damages Bumblebee.

Yeah +1

Basically I used the same method as Paul to minimize damage.
1) Bumblebee powers generator
2) Bulkhead activates magnet
3) Prime runs to attract Megatron to the left BUT don't immediately use the magnet on him yet. Lure him to the left most area near the elevator, then he won't attack Prime but will start making his way back to the right
4) As Megs walks back, quickly use the magnet on him thus his back is facing Prime and Prime can then quickly throw his axe (which actually throws further than Bulkhead's metal ball)
5) Repeat this a few times and I actually passed with
100% Health for Prime
88% Health for Bulkhead
74% Health for Bumbee

I'm loving how this thread has come to be a small "Animated DS Game forum" where you can ask questions on how to pass levels.

I'm currently playing Eragon on my xbox, so will update again soon when I continue the Animated DS game. :)

Paulbot
8th January 2009, 02:23 PM
I got to what I think is the final battle in the game, tried it once, and then got distracted by the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass game I was given for Christmas.

I do need to go back and finish the Animated game.

Kyle
8th January 2009, 03:16 PM
I got to what I think is the final battle in the game, tried it once, and then got distracted by the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass game I was given for Christmas.

Phantom Hourglass is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I felt really sad the moment I finished it. :(

i_amtrunks
8th January 2009, 03:55 PM

So say goodbye to Paulbot for a while everyone! :p

roller
8th January 2009, 06:16 PM
i recently got my copy fo FREE girlfriends !